Old 01-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

jules - A loss is a loss is a loss. If you make your original goal or not, you're still doing phenomenal!

Good morning all!!

Another day, another butt-kicking workout. I am getting used to feeling a bit sore every morning. Hot baths and such. We're having some plumbing issues in out apartment, and baths might be my only option for a while...

It's grey and gross today, and we might get hail. So today will be an all-over hour long pilates workout, followed probably by some yoga instead of a walk. I try to get a minimum of 3 of our 1.8 30 minutes "cardio-walk"s in per week, and we have two already, so Friday will be our bare minimum. Food is on target, last night was all about beer and cheese, but I stayed within my calories! I couldn't believe it when I tallied it up. I have never felt so "OK" with my eating - even the morning starvies aren't derailing me. I am crediting the hard workouts, and am superexcited to just keep it going as long as I can.

Ah well, Happy Thursday, and keep up the good work!!!
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #332  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Ok I did it- I finally joined weight watchers to help get myself back on track. Something about having to weight in in front of someone that seems to help you stay on track. I went to my first meeting tuesday and gain a whooping 13 pounds over the holidays. Time to look forward

I'm back and I promise not to go back into hiding for very long this time

ETA- My goal for v-day to to lose at least 5 pounds. Putting me at 218 or lower.

Last edited by Losing4another; 01-28-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:47 PM   #333  
In the desert...

MissPriss - the beauty of the facility is the annual fee is $2. Then they charge for only certain things - swimming, some classes. The gym, indoor track, basketball, raquetball - all free. You just have to show your card. The downside is you have to reside in the city, but we do so that's not a problem! I can also buy punch cards for swimming which will lower the cost per swim - if I bought the 360 swims per year card, it would be 75 cents per swim! I'll probably be a bit more conservative than that, though.

JD - I have one of those scales that measures body fat, but it hasn't changed since I first stepped on it! My weight is moving but not the body fat. Meh.

Thundah - oh, I am SO about any loss, believe me! It would be great to hit that goal but that would be... doing the math here... 4lbs in 18 days. Possible but not probable and I don't want to overreach and then stress over it. Y'know? But I'll take the 6lbs so far if that's what I end up with - it's all going in the right direction!

Me - day off from workout. I'm taking the recommended rest days during the first week or two of the weight training regimen... and I'm sore!
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #334  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

David, kettlebells are cool! If you're doing full body exercises, like swings, make sure you get one heavy enough. 20 kilo is the most popular guy size at our gym (44 lbs), but 16k might be good if you also want to do 1 arm moves like snatches or cleans, etc. Also, just about anything you can do with a KB, you can do with a dumbbell, so that's a good way to try some movements out, see if you like them, then the KB is just a little more comfortable for certain moves like swings, and a little easier on the wrist for some of the overhead moves, since you can rest the bulk of the weight against your arm..it's a little easier to stabilize than a dumbbell of the same weight, just IMO, but they're not cheap! (that's why I say to make sure you get one heavy enough the first time, so you don't outgrow it's usefulness)

Okay, today I did a repeat of the first Crossfit workout I EVER did. Beat my old time by almost 9 minutes, and this time I did all the reps, whereas the first time I could only do 2/3 of the total reps. Anyway, definite progress, so I was pretty happy with that.

In other happy news, I got a payment in the mail a day earlier than expected, so I can afford to gas up the truck now, and hit the gym tomorrow morning! Hurray, because it's easier to workout when you have all the right equipment!

Weight is up a little...pre-TOM bloat week (glare!). 167 this morning. Eating is OP, though, and I'll just stick with that and keep the workouts going...I've still got 2 weeks, and just a little over 2 lbs to go, so it's still possible!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:12 PM   #335  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Hey Everyone! I'm just feeling tuckered this AM. Wasn't feeling too hot this AM. Threw up my cereal. Ugh.

But I'm okay now, so I guess we'll just see how it goes.

I've a workout tonight and a long run tomorrow and a long flight on Saturday. If I don't check in, you know why!

See ya in a week.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:14 PM   #336  
the camera adds 10 lbs

S/C/G: 258/ticker/185

great info jam...thanks
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:22 PM   #337  

I have made my goal already.
chubbyphotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:48 PM   #338  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Hi all, just checking in before bed. It looks like everyone is doing pretty good. I had a minor slip-up last night, but am right back on track today and it doesn't seem to have affected the scale too much, yet anyway.

The weather here is really bad, ice everywhere and they're saying the power will probably go out for days. I'm supposed to work in the morning but with bad roads and possibly no power who knows. Anyways, gonna go get some rest goodnight all!
fashinjunkie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:54 PM   #339  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

~in a super quick hurry~So sorry everyone.

Lorra(Losing4another)So glad your back!!

Chubbyphotographer~WOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOO SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone else....I adore y'all~I will try to catch up later
My hubby has injured his arm /shoulder some how...And I got to take him to the doctor 2morrow....Or for next few days...So I may just click in to say a big hello until We get him figured out.

fashinjunkie~hope all goes well for ya~ice storms can suck~Your in my prayers!

ttyl~gotta get to sleep ~gotta get up early.

Last edited by Lori259; 01-28-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:02 AM   #340  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Morning

I think i might actually see a loss this week, the scale is .4 away from my lowest so far and Ive still have the rest of today and tomorrow to get it down that is finally, some good news

I did end up working out yesterday, did a full body weight workout then a 30min dog walk

Today is kickbox
i will bbl...

Last edited by misspriss78; 01-29-2010 at 06:02 AM.
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:53 AM   #341  

My new goal is to lose another 5 lbs. by valentine's day.

Everyone keep up the good work,
chubbyphotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:31 PM   #342  

Lori, thank you for your prayers. So far eveything is holding up and we have not lost power yet. They say the worst is over, it's just snowing now. I hope you and your hubby figure out what's wrong with his arm/shoulder and he gets to feeling better soon. Let us know what the dr. has to say, he'll be in my prayers as well.

chubbyphotographer, congrats on goal! I think another 5 lbs is totally do-able, that's what I have left to lose as well so I guess we'll see right? Good luck, we can do it!

misspriss that is aweosme news, you can lose .4 no problem!!

I'm 164.9 this morning, so still about 5 lbs away from goal. Not sure if I'll make it but I'm going to try hard anyway. Gotta go workout and shower before work, but it sounds like everyone is doing pretty good let's keep it up!

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 01-29-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #343  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

Just popping in quickly to say it is TOM and I am trying to eat the house today... I'm gulping cold green tea to get that under control. So far - before a super late bedtime, a cup of shredded wheat and 1/2 cup fat free milk. This morning, two scrambled eggs and 1/3 cup grits with cheeeeeeeeese. I need to STOP. It's freezing cold and cloudy, so maybe no walking today, which is a bummer. I like my zippy little not-quite-2-mile route...
It'll be a full-body weights session, maybe 2 sets on everything this time. I was WIPED on Wed and did one set of everything, and phoned in some of them.
Pilates has been awesome though, and a nice change of pace. And it moves my pecs in ways I didn't know was possible. I'll make it, I can do this, I WILL NOT SPREAD PEANUT BUTTER ON MY HUBS AND EAT HIM!

Keep trucking, chicks and guys, and all y'all southerners stay in and stay warm and stay out of that snow!!!
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:27 PM   #344  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundahthighs View Post
I'll make it, I can do this, I WILL NOT SPREAD PEANUT BUTTER ON MY HUBS AND EAT HIM!
LOL. I know exactly how you are feeling right now, we can do this! Actually I have been eating peanut butter out of the jar for the last 10 min. Bad me.

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 01-29-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:36 PM   #345  

S/C/G: 193/See ticker/148

Height: 5'4"

Thundah, sounds like you are having a day like I had last Sunday--I just kept reaching for something to eat--and peanut butter was one of the things that gave me trouble and apparently fashionjunkie has the same downfall, so watch out ( or maybe your husband is the one who should watch out)

Lori, I hope your husband's arm/shoulder is not too bad. Pain is not good, especially when it happens whenever you make just a normal movement.

misspriss, just .4 lbs away from goal your lowest weight is great. I know that you have shown a lot of persistence to get to this point so you should be really proud.

To those who are dealing with crappy weather, I hope you keep your power. I can deal with the weather until I lose electricity and then it's total misery.

To those of you living somewhere where the weather is beautiful, lucky you!
emileigh is offline   Reply With Quote