Old 02-14-2010, 09:09 AM   #466  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Morning, Happy Valentines Day everyone!!

I think today will be rest day, may do some yoga.

Lori-Love your v-day present & poem to your DH. And how romantic about the bryan adam song...so cool! Love the pics

Thunda-I ordered Rodney Yee's Power Yoga: Full body last night...it should be fun.

Jam-Love your new hair cut! It's really cute! Hope your injuries are doing better!

Losing-We have a publix not too far from here,i will check that out...thanks for the tip! I hear you about the chocolate...i got a small box 'for the kids' friday and it was gone by the end of the night...thank goodness

Hello to everyone. Were suppose to take the kids bowling later. I will have to pack my food because there pizza is awesome there,ack! Gotta stay on plan...
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:53 AM   #467  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Hey peeps, just realized this challenge ends today. I did not make my goal, but I'll catch it next time. I was down to within a pound of it, then a rest day, heavy back squat day, and extra food for the cert yesterday sent me up 2 lbs. NBD, I'll catch it after the cert. I'm going for a serious dietary change after this cert is over, gonna take the final plunge and ditch the smokes, so figure if I'm gonna be going mental, I may as well ditch the sugar/caffeine at the same time. I've really been wanting to try full Paleo eating, because the people at my gym that eat that way look amazing and are totally leaned out all the time. So I'll give that a good run and see if I can stick to it. But, meantime, one more day of the cert, and I've got to hop in the shower and hit the road soon..just wanted to report in. I will see you on the next challenge thread...hope everybody had a good challenge this time around!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

So lets get a quick update:

The bf decided to do V-day last night, which is fine. I took a perfume box i had, it was pink with hearts, and it had a clear square window to see in the box, I printed up a pic of us and put it in so it's looked like a picture frame and put the coupons inside and decorated the box a little more.

He loved the coupons! You'd figure his favorites would be the bawchicabawbawwww ones.....but no...he was so happy when he saw a day of me cutting the lawn! He said he's going to get a lawn chair cooler full of beer and relax while i do the whole lawn, edge, weed whip, and blow. He even wanted to invite his best friend as a witness lol. Ok so I do the grocery shopping and most of the cooking, so in the summer I feel it's his job to take care of the lawn..he doesn't mind but always tried to get me to do it once just to see me try and do what he does. You should have seen is face light up! I put ones in there also like favorite meal....losing4another...I think the bf's is taco bell too lol. it felt really good to hear that he thought it was one of the best gifts I could have gotten him .

For V-day the bf took me shopping it was a place like Lori went to get her purse. I got a dress, purse, earings and a broach. I love the vintage things and try and spruce up simple sweaters I have. The dress looks like it's from the Roaring 20's...i love funcky stuff. I was very happy!

Obviously since we celebrated last night my calorie intake was very bad so as a result I was 121.0 this morning. That's ok. I still did great this challenge and I know it's from last night.

Sorry that wasn't a quick update

Lori: I hope your DH loves his gift. Thank you so much for everything!

Losing4another: I know what you mean when the men want to be healthy, all the bad stuff in my house is gone and it makes it so much easier to stay on track. I like the Tbell treat and cake. I hope you have a Happy V Day.

Jam: love the hair! you're making me miss my short hair.

misspriss: Hope you and your family have fun bowling.

Everyone else hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day and congradulations on a job well done!
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #469  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Happy Valentines day EVERYONE!!! I will get te new challenge started this evening And I will post when I do to let everyone know!!!! CONGRADS TO THOSE WHO MADE THERE GOALS & TO THOSE WHO DIDN"T THAT GAVE IT ONE HECK OF A TRY!!!

Jam~love the hair~BTW ~YOUR SOOOOOOOO SKINNY GIRL!

Lorra~ hehehe~If I lived close I would do her nails ~although When I do my Cami's I am like Jillian Michael~On a mission and Sound like a drill sargeant~I use lots of remover too~For my edges mostly.
I think alot of people think there fake even when I go to town...LOL!
I can not stand to wear fake ones though...I tried that once when I was a kid and Drove me nutty.

Misspriss & jdonata & EVERYONE ELSE~LOVES Y"ALL TO NO END BUT Gonna make this short ~Off to spend Valentines day with the hubby & our kids~HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER DAY!

I will post the new thread up this evening...It will Be St. Patricks day.
So be thinking of your goals!!! HUGS TO ALL!

Last edited by Lori259; 02-14-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:47 PM   #470  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

Well, once again, I did NOT meet goal! But, I was VERY close...only 0.6 away....the scale read 182.8...it's a new low, but it's not my goal I set! I really thought I would reach goal this time around! Maybe if I hadn't had a bad eating/no exercise weekend last week when my parents were visiting, it might have been better today...my weight has been weird this week..after getting back to 183.2 on Monday, it went up to 185 over the next couple days and has slowly been coming back down since Thursday...maybe tomorrow or tuesday it'll get to 182.2! LoL

Sorry I haven't posted much this week, it's been very busy at work..which is usually where I read/post....but I have completed wk5 of C25K and I was very proud of myself again last night when I did Day3 and jogged for 20min straight w/out stopping/giving up!!! it was a HUGE accomplishment! It was only 1.5mi, but I've never jogged more than 1/2mi or so...this was big!

As for V-day w/the DH & I...we exchanged gifts on Friday...I got him the Iphone and he got me a ring for my right hand..i'm not a big jewelry kinda girl but I've always wanted this type of ring...i think i've heard it called "past/present/future"...but it's got one bigger diamond in the center and 2 smaller ones on each side...and this one is not a huge diamond, but rather 9little square ones that make up the big one..and then the ones on the side have 4little square ones that make up those....not sure what that's called, but it's cheaper than one big honkin diamond lol I saw it in the jcp advertisement and showed it to him...then he went & got it! lol he's such a sweetie!

Glad to see everyone's having a good day so far...and we had an awesome challenge!!! even if we didn't meet our goals, we are still working very hard at this! I'm not giving up! lol I'm still on track to reach 170 by June...so I'm happy! plus, I'm at a new low!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! We can do this!!!!!!

I'm ready for the next challenge...will it be an Easter challenge???
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:17 PM   #471  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY Y'ALL!

Hi ladies! I'm sneaking on while hubs is out getting me more pressies for the big v-day! I have no idea what I'm getting - he's getting a fried chicken dinner and a card. And, um, maybe something else later. Hah. No coupons though, he'd make photocopies and all kinds of nonsense.

Had a lovely walk this AM, did an hour on a nice track with a new buddy, so that was nice after a week of near in-activity. This week, I'm going to try to get some pilates in every other morning, and inbetween, some weights and core work and lower body torture moves. Or maybe core every day and legs M-W-F and arms T-Th. Haven't decided yet.

The eating needs to get back on track. I had a total of 10 cookies yesterday. 10. 1-0. 10. <hangs head>
Aunt Flo is kicking my *** this month. I ate the whole house yesterday. And I was whiney to boot. And demanding. And usually with my mouth full.
But - onward and upward. I'm planning on sliding into April 1st at 170lbs. So no more cookies for me!!

Ladies (and gents), it has been a thrill being in this challenge with y'all. Best of luck to everyone, and see you in the next challenge thread!!!
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #472  
NEVER GIVE UP

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE NEW CHALLENGE ~ST. Patricks Day~COME JOIN EVERYONE!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calo...ml#post3151902

KDM~SUPER JOB!!! Just 1 pound to go is Super! Hope you had a great valentines day!

Thunda~YOU ALWAYS CRACK ME UP! Hope you had a super valentines day!

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A SUPER VALENTINES DAY
Old 02-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #473  
In the desert...

Well, I weighed in this morning for a challenge weight loss of 6.4lbs. I'm happy with that - a loss is a loss and as long as I keep losing, I will get to my goal! Hubby and I have an Easter challenge of 15lbs - I am down the same 6.4lbs I lost in this challenge, and he's down... well, 0.8lbs. He's finally reached that age where losing weight is no longer just a matter of cutting out pizza and beer, but instead requires real cardio, real strength training, and real smart eating choices!

We haven't done anything special for V-day, by mutual choice, though I did get a box of SweetHearts from hubby. I ate the yellow ones - the only ones I like! Did my week's grocery shopping and just baked my chicken breasts, and will make my quinoa later, plus hard boil my eggs, and pack up my food for the week. It's the only way I'll stay on track!

Edited to add - I did resist the Chinese food! I was craving pizza yesterday and I got the Lean Cuisine BBQ chicken pizza, which I absolutely love. And I had a Weight Watchers cookie dough sundae. Although this isn't how I want to eat - I would much rather eat whole foods than processed - it was also much better than pizza and ice cream could have been!

Now heading over to the new thread to sign myself up for another challenge.

Last edited by julesp313; 02-14-2010 at 06:38 PM.
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:04 PM   #474  
NEVER GIVE UP

That was awesome jules Losing 6.4 pounds! SO PROUD OF YOU! & Those yellow Sweethearts are so good I agree! YUM YUM!

St. Patricks Challenge....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calo...ml#post3151902

Last edited by Lori259; 02-14-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #475  

S/C/G: 264*184.0*145 Sz20*12*8

Height: 5'2"

WOW everyone did such a great job. Rather you made goal or not the determination and dedication is apparent. We will all get there someday soon. I made me goal of 199.5 by the skin of my teeth and I think because I was sick for 5days. I just came up for sunshine yesterday. So V-Day was not too great. But I plan to make it up to hubby. I am back at work today after only working monday and tuesday. They actually closed our office on wed and thurs. then on Friday I was so sick I did not have to energy to even think about coming out of the covers.

It's so nice to see everyone so happy. It is helping to clear the sickness funk out of my head.

I am going to go check in on the new challenge. I trully hope to be able to get to check in more often.
Jae165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #476  

S/C/G: 193/See ticker/148

Height: 5'4"

Well, it's been a while. . . . (Lori, I am very impressed with your nails. I could never be precise enough to get that kind of detail--it's all I can do to give myself a regular manicure!)

If I had stuck to my original goal of four pounds, I would have made it, but thought I was doing well so changed it to five. Still I have no one to blame but myself since I have been eating too much peanut butter. (For real if I cut out the peanut butter and banana I would probably have made it.)

Congrats to all who exercised, ate right, and made it through this challenge!
emileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #477  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy

I hope everyone did well on this challenge. I didn't. My SW was 234.4 and CW 232 my GW was 212. I keep gaining and losing the same pounds. It would help if I would stay on plan and exercise. I have been out of town for four days. At least I didn't gain any more weight.

Last edited by VickieLou; 02-18-2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Edit Information.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #478  
NEVER GIVE UP

vickielou~Sending hugs your way! At least your current weight was under your start weight so All loss is super!!!! I am still proud of ya!