Old 01-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #226  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

So weighed in today, making Monday the official day- 3 lbs dropped! WOW WOW WOW.

This is probably because of my 1.5 hour 5.37 mile run. Haha, I love Nike +.

I was so hungry after that!

Mini goals today- make sure I drink enough water! Try not to let work (or slowness at work) stress me out!
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:48 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Height: 5'6"

NO LOSS for me this week! Or gain for that matter!!!! but it's all good....I stayed pretty much right at 184.8...I haven't been this consistent for a long time! lol I think it's better than climbing up up up for NO reason, or dropping alot just to see it up again the next day! LoL

I started C25K last Monday, but not sure how much longer I can do it...last summer when I was doing the treadmill regularly, I developed severe pain in my right foot...mostly at the arch, then some in the heel...so I stopped & got my recumbent bike...thought it was also my worn out shoes, so I bought a nice pair of Salomon's and they helped until I started the treadmill again I'm gonna do more tonight...maybe gonna try "taping" my arch...any other suggestions???

CONGRATS TO ALL YOU LOSERS OUT THERE!!!! Keep up the GOOD WORK!!! And for the rest of us...WE CAN DO IT!!! 4 more entire weeks until V-day!!!
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #228  
Come on ONEderland!

KDM, you probably need arch supporting insoles. They have them at running stores- go to a good one, tell them what your problem is, and have them watch you run. You might spend money on good shoes, but they'll save your feet!

Now I need to find a way not to kick my ankles when I run- I overpronate and I swing my foot inefficiently giving myself nice ankle bruises...
Old 01-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

WI day and I am up 0.5 #s. But that is still 9.5 down overall.
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #230  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

David~So glad your back!!!!

A big hello to Everyone else!!!

In a bit of a hurry..In a bad mood Me and the hubby fight every so often and this is our night too obviously~LOL~LUCKY ME! After a 3 day weekend with our kids and the lonnnnnnnnnng christmas break with them and the snow days We have turned loose on each other~LOL Gonna be a long night.
Thank God School is 2morrow~But nearly forgot they get out early~AGAIN LUCKY ME~Great kids But I (and the hubby) Need a break!

ttyl ~TAKE CARE

Last edited by Lori259; 01-18-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:28 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Might have found a fix to my arch pain....I googled and found a taping technique...just got off the treadmill and PAIN FREE!!! I hope this works for good I also found an article where a guy used duct tape just wrapped around the arch and it relieved his pain...I might experiment with this also to save on tape! but of course, still use the athletic tape
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:19 AM   #232  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

KD, glad the taping worked. I was going to say what someone else already said, check out some insoles like superfeet, or hit a real running store to have them look at your shoes and tell you if they're right for your feet, but if tape is working, maybe that's good enough for now... Also, if you're just getting into running, vs walking, take it SLOW, as in, slow your pace down. You should be able to breathe and say a few words in a row, not like having a full blown conversation, but getting plenty of air. If you're not, go slower. If you're experiencing pain, walk it out, and when you start up again, go slower. Better to go slow and avoid injury now, than to try and go fast, injure yourself, and have to take off running entirely! (guess how I know this, lol!) A slow jog burns more calories than being laid up!

David, glad to see you here! I just got back myself. Yeah, that Lori is skinny! She's been kicking our butts on the weightloss while we weren't looking.

Oy, it's past my bedtime again...I'd better get to sleep. I know somebody asked about crossfit details...I'll have to catch that reply tomorrow, sorry!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:11 AM   #233  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Good Morning

Im leaning towards taking a rest day today...the kids go back to school so i can enjoy some peace for a while.

Im kinda puzzled at my sneek peek at the scale,up .6 from yesterday's weight and when i'am on target with my calories and water...it should be going down. Ive still got at least ten more days until TOM...so im scratching my head. Maybe its muscle or water..i hope so. i hope the scale was't playing tricks on me with that low weight a week ago.

maybe im just stressing too much

hello to everyone...
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #234  
Come on ONEderland!

So I'm stoked! I'm still pretty much on plan (I had one 1500 calorie day, but with all my exercise, I'm really okay with that), and I saw a huge improvement in my fitness test! Almost 20% better across the board. In two weeks!

I ran in the gym this morning. So Cal has been rained out and it's not safe to run outside by the "creek".... or rather, by the concrete mud channel. Too slick and too much water. Water levels can rise pretty unexpectedly.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend. So Sunday I was supposed to work from 6pm to 2am, well I got to the store at 5:15pm and I didn't leave until 5:15am! It was horrible! I didn't get to bed until 6am and I was on a completely different schedule Monday. Monday was supposed to be my day to get stuff done for this week and instead it was sleeping which wasn't that great because it's hard to sleep in the daylight. I got a huge workout that night, my legs were burning while I was sleeping. I have no idea how people can do midnight shifts. Good for them, but not for me.

My eating was all thrown off. I was on track for calories, but I didn't know what I was supposed to eat, bkfst, lunch, dinner? So I just did what I had to. I went to bed last night and slept in today and hopefully back on track.

I'm depressed today and just overwhelmed and I want to crawl under a blanket and ball my eyes out. I didn't get done what I wanted to for the week, and I have a crap load of school stuff due. It's gray and dismal outside so it's not very happy weather. Sorry to just complain guys..i'm usually positive and upbeat, I'm just having one of those days.

On a positive note, I made a kale and bean soup this week. And the bf is still on a health kick and on track which is really great for me. This means that he's ok with spending an extra $10 at the grocery store if it means we eat healthier. And he's very motivative and supportive. He was a Saint yesterday when I needed him to be.

About the clean eating, thanks for clarifying it for me. I am trying to do that, eat as close to whole as possible. I'm going to drink alot of water today, and try and be in a better mood. I hope you all have a great day.
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #236  
NEVER GIVE UP

KDM322~Glad you found a solution to your pain..Hoping it works well for you...I have added in some new exercises and They are a bit painful ~I am targeting some of my problem areas.(Thighs & Belly~UGHHH)
I think your doing Fabulous btw So keep up the good work!!!

jamsk8r~You & David Crack Me up!
I still got aways to go til I am skinny~But I love y'all for thinking it. Got a belly And thighs that just will not go away!LOL I am working on them though with new exercises for them.~Oh what we gotta do to get out bodys in shape..You are my exercise Hero~So Any tips on those mentioned areas is appreciated!

misspriss78~amen to the kids being back in school! PEACE PEACE PEACE~LOL~Oh on the scale proboly just stressing like I always do..Scales can so suck sometimes...I wish you a new low number on your weigh in day.

uscarchie~Sounds like your doing Super!! Keep up the Fabulous WORK!

jdonatoI blame it all on this sucky weather! HURRY UP SPRING GET HERE FOR US!! ~if ya need to cry it all out~do it...Sometimes that helps. I myself have to do that several times a month..since Fall & Winter especially...SO I know how ya feel.~I AM SENDING YOU A SUPER GIGANTIC HUG FROM PEEBLES,OHIO!!!!:hug :
TO CHEER YOU UP

HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE!!!

As for my day...I weighed 165.8 this morning so Hopefully the satin scale continues to give me lower numbers! LOL.
As for the hubby & me~we kissed and made up So thats a good ending to every fight~the making up part.~I Love the silly head like crazy & I know he loves me ~We was just stressed to no end...But WE always work it out.
Anyways......................Off to get a few things done before the kids get here...They get off from school early today.

ttyl

Last edited by Lori259; 01-19-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #237  
the camera adds 10 lbs

S/C/G: 258/ticker/185

woke up with a blazing headache, but 3 excedrin and coffee took care of that...waited for the rain to subside before we walked...really hard walk but worth it...if its raining hard tomorrow im going to give the wiifit a try...good to see people doing well...have a great day!!!
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

The exercise is on track!! I've had to invest in a bottle of sesame oil for my skin, as I've been working out HARD 5 or 6 days a week, and ooooooh maaaaaaaaan does a hot bath feel good and keep me limber, but it wrecks my ghastly ghostly skin!

Eating is great, actually. I am reading that some of the girls are feeling hungrier when they weight train, but me, I've been coming in low and not missing the calories. I am trying to stay near the 1500 - 1550 mark, as I am doing calisthenics and free weights and butt-whooping yoga and walking - and sometimes all in one day, and I don't think my body will really appreciate me taking it too hard on both fronts. Yesterday I STRUGGLED to 1400 calories - by struggled I mean I ate an Eskimo ice cream pop to cram in at least 100 cals before bed. Brilliant, no? So that set off a bagel emergency this morning, followed by a pastry that husband brought me. Oh, delight, thanks. But I'm back on track and headed for 1550 calories today, and I feel great!!

I am a little worried that the biscuit wheels are going to come flying off this gravy train - I'll keep checking in to make sure that doesn't happen.

I did upper body and core today. The upper body workout I am using an old DVD I found at a thrift shop by that Jackie gal who was on a TV show about personal trainers. I hate her. In a good way, but OMG do I hate her right now.

thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:01 PM   #239  
NEVER GIVE UP

David~glad you have the wiifit for a backup or for whenever~I hear from lorra(losing4another) wii fit is pretty awesome~So glad you back here with the rest of us!!

thundahthighs~ I am a little worried that the biscuit wheels are going to come flying off this gravy train - hahahahahaaha~the stuff you come up with cracks me up And Lord Knows I needed that tonight Cause I am a wreck with Anxiety.! You seem to be doing great~Were gonna always eat some stuff we shouldn't So Like you are doing continue to hang in there~Very proud of you

As for me...........

I am having really severe anxiety tonight. I heard a person I knew ~thats about the age of my husband that drives a propane gas truck for a living Wrecked his truck today near a cemtary(the one my dad is buried in and other members of my family) Anyways Heard it landed on his legs and he was screaming for help to get it off him and when the people went to lift it off him It fell the rest of the way on him and completely crushed him and of course once they got it off him he was dead.~Ever since I have heard that I am Anxiety Lady...Plum Freaking out. I am trying my best to calm down~took my meds ~Hopefully they help. The guy was my husbands age & I have known him for many years. Actually use to deliver gas out to my house until we switched providers.He was married and had kids. So dang sad...I must calm down.~sorry to Carry on~I am hyper wtih fear~ANXIETY SUCKS!
So thankful for my life & my familys life tonight. Hoping everyone on here is safe & there familys also.
HUGS TO ALL
Old 01-19-2010, 11:17 PM   #240  
NEVER GIVE UP

Update: My medicine is now working~I am calming down~THANK GOD...TALK TO EVERYONE AGAIN SOON.
Off to bed ~medicine works usually but makes me so sleepy I can hardly hold my eyes open.