Old 01-14-2010, 11:53 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone! I'm still around, just been lurking the past few days...not much to say...altho, I did post a thread about finally reaching BMI status of "Overweight"! I still can't believe I forgot to check my BMI once I posted my weight loss on Monday...

As for strip-aerobics...I have Carmen Electra's Strip Tease Aerobics and they're pretty good...and yes, you should do them when you're home alone or in a locked room if you have a SO...my DH went crazy when he watched me...lol...but it is fun to do!

Glad that everyone's doing good...
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:28 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Height: 5'4"

Amelia, I'm sorry to hear about your doggy He lived a nice long life though! I once had a cat who lived to lived to be 21 years old. The vet called him a "Super Senior Citizen"! I'm sure your doggy was very much loved.

MrsLovett
MrsLovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:14 AM   #198  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone, Im with Lori..the scale is satan just pure evil...but yet i get on the d%#@ thing everyday. Remember that 3.6lbs i lost? well, my swoosh from last week swashed back on Its just so depressing and frustrating. Im not gonna let it get me too down though, I plan on getting in a very good stress-relieving workout. Doing some yoga then a step aerobics/weight circuit workout. Ive already had 1000 calories and its only 9am oh well, Ive been craving crap since tuesday,it will be alright

MrsLovett-Thanks...sounds like you had a cat that had a nice long life as well. Its so hard to lose animals..

Lori- back in the 166'es agian...WTG!

Thunda-AWESOME job on your workout...gotta love those begging sessions with those dreaded lunges,i can't stand lunges(or squats for that matter)

Aiesline-Yay on meeting your goal already...high fives!!! if i can lose another 1.6( around there) i will make my goal..i have no excuse not too.

jdonato-Im the opposite of you...i have no problems with my workouts but dang...eating can became a major challenge. Maybe we could give 50% of each others weakness and even ourselves out

KDM322-Congratulations on reaching such a wonderful achievement! Good for you! I will have to check into that strip-tease aerobics...

Hello to everyone i missed, gotta go get that workout started.
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 193/See ticker/148

Height: 5'4"

Lori, I hope your scale doesn't stay at 166.6 too long. And by that I mean I hope the number goes down, of course! But even at 166.6, it is better than 168.

Amelia, you have such a great attitude about your workouts. I know that is going to keep working in your favor.

KDM, congrats on moving out of the "obese" category! When I started, one of the things that really jolted me into action was that I looked at a chart and found out that my BMI placed me in the obese category. I had been satisfied to be overweight, but the realization that I had crept into obesity was a wake-up call.

Well, I did not get an official weigh in this week but I have weighed at home 2 days in a row and am hovering at 170, so I am counting it as my new official weight. Now I am 2 down and 2 to go for the Challenge
emileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:17 AM   #200  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Hey Lori and all CC Challengers. I'm gonna jump in with you all for this one. I'm up 8 lbs from my lowest low, so I need a to get back on track. I had to take some time off from working out in November, then injured some tendons in my shoulder so was restricted in what I could do for workouts (still am, but am able to do a little more with that shoulder now), then the holiday food...yeesh! Anyway, I need to cut the dietary fat back and just stick to the workout plan, and that should get the weight back off, but I figured a good old CC Holiday challenge would do me good. I've got 4 weeks till this one is over, and I don't lose that fast, but I'll go for an optimistic 4 lbs before Feb 14. That weekend I am attending my Crossfit Level 1 trainer certification...just going to learn, really, not to be a trainer, but I may be busy that day and have to report in late or the next day, depending how bad it kicks my butt. I hear the workouts in those certs are killer, on top of the all day movement practice, so I'll be lucky if I can drive home after, lol. Anyway, 4 lbs before the cert would be nice!

My eating plan is lean meats/veggies/good fats for lunch & dinner, usually eat just a piece of fruit for breakfast before my workout, as too much food isn't a good combo with the workouts we do, then another fruit snack later in the day. I'd been using extra dietary fats, to keep my energy up and to lift heavier, but it's packing some padding around the middle, I've noticed, which the scale confirms, so I'm going to cut the fat back to single portions, aka just some olive oil for cooking the fish/turkey that I eat. Also going to start a food log, so I can better track my water and fish oil intake, as I've been forgetful about those lately, and I also want to make sure I'm keeping the tea with sugar/milk down to a reasonable amount each day.

As far as new year's resolutions, I really want to quit smoking this year, and soon. I've tried a few times and didn't make it through the day, but it's just a mental thing, really...just have to get my mind made up, so I'm working on getting there. been smoking a long time, so it's just hard to get my mind around what to do if I'm not doing that...big lifestyle change, and money has been very tight lately, which isn't helping me to be strong mentally. Anyway, sounds bad, but I'll just keep trying until I beat it!

Gotta run to the gym. I might not have time to check in daily, but will check in as often as I can. I'm starting at 168.8 and my goal for this challenge will be to get down to 164.8.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #201  

I am only 2 pounds away from my goal!
chubbyphotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

Wow just reading everyoneís posts everyone is doing great! So much positive attitudes and progress. This is the best group ever! Iím happy for you all.

Jamsk8r(Cheryl): Welcome! It looks like youíve lost a lot of weight alreadyÖcongrats!

Amelia: Iím with you on giving up 50% of our weaknesses. Iíll try and make an effort to work out twice a week and go from there. Itís awesome that youíre great with workouts. Even if eating isnít that good, you still are getting lean muscle mass, producing good blood flow and increasing cardiovascular strength! Keep it up! Oh and the scaleÖ.they have a mind of their ownÖ.Iím going to invent one that asks what you feel like firstÖ(happy, depressed, having a low self-esteem day) and then judging by your feeling it will give you an output. If youíre feeling down it will make you feel better and skinnier! Haha

KDM: congrats on your BMI. Seriously thatís amazing. Keep it up!

Lori: Tears! Thanks. That means so much to me. Hugs back! I know what you mean about it sucking at times. My Bf and I live together and Iím glad we get to work through our daily struggles together good or bad we are there for each other and I look at him everyday all googly eyed like when I first met himÖ.though there are times where I wish our garage was finished into his man cave so he can go out there for a bit and leave me be. Lol

Aiesline: Nice job meeting your goal! Canít wait to see the new ticker.

To everyone else I wish you all the best and keep up the good work!

Today I got on the scale and it said 118.8, but we will see if it stays that way until Sunday. I have a Wedding tomorrow...the good news..it's a dry wedding so less to worry about for extra calories with drinking. The food part I can handle. My bf isn't too happy about the dry reception part, but I had to remind him that everyone's religion and beliefs are different, we would want ppl to respect our decisions for our wedding and we should theirs. I think he was hoping for an excuse to go off of his diet lol.
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 190/177.2/138

Height: 5'6

congrats photographer!!!
heartmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

Super big CONGRATS!!! to everyone!

I am still on plan, and have successfully saved some calories for a night out tonight! AMAZING! Today is arms... which means pushups... which means modified pushups... which still means begging and crying for me. I am working towards being able to do 8 modified pushups without a break. Oh yeah.

(Where is the smiley that is laying face down in a puddle of sweat and tears, panting and unable to get up after 5 pushups, while her cat licks the back of her head?)
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #205  
grapevine fires!

S/C/G: 170 / 159 / 125

Height: 5'2.5"

Wow, just posting to say that everyone looks like they are doing pretty well! It's such an inspiration and help to have everyone here alongside this journey.

Personally, things are going well. TOM helped a lot - there was a nice whoosh. I went way over for calories a few days ago, much to my dismay, but I am still doing well and will not allow it to happen again!

@thundathighs - haha, that sounds like it would be an amazing emoticon XD
Mawkish Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:38 PM   #206  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

For those who do not know jamsk8r ~She is the Person who originally did the calorie counting holiday challenges~SO I TOTALLY ADORE HER CAUSE THEY HAVE HELPED ME OUT A BUNCH.. Ok now with that said....

JAM~SO GLAD TO SEE YOU GIRL!!!!!! OMG~I love to read all the cool workout stuff you do And Sorry to here You had some injuries. I know you will pull through though~cause you rock! As far as the smoking thing~I have always heard it is mental...as a former smoker who smoked 19 years and has been off them for nearly 2 years now ~Just let me say...I was shaking~Screaming at everybody that I came in contact with for no reason & Feeling like they show these poor drug addicts on t.v.~I was ready to sell my body too my hubby ~LOL FOR A CIG!~ Of course that is just a joke But ya know what I mean...I am so serious that those things are more than mental....So as a friend...I volunteer to be the one you yell at~Say bad things to & Be here for you when you try again....and I will pray for you to get off them...cause it was honestly the hardest thing I ever did.....But Just remember if I can do it ~YOU CAN DO IT~CAUSE I AM A WIMP ~& you are the JAMINATOR!!!!! hehe~Hugs girl ~SO GLAD YOU ARE IN FOR THE CHALLENGE.

Misspriss~~I got 166.4 Today so that was a plus~I still will call it satan though Until I reach my goal! LOL ~As far as the craving ~I know how ya feel ~I think it is this crappy winter weather~Or thats what I will blame it one~cause I stay bored and When I am bored I wanna eat.

emileigh ~2 pounds to go Is awesome!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!
I did get a new number today 166.4~LOL~crazy scale

chubbyphotographer ~Wooohooooo ~YOU & emileigh Are so close! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

jdonato ~LOL~Yeah we all need our "ME" time ~So I am with ya on that one!~WAY TO GO On the 118~WOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE A DREAMY NUMBER HOT LADY! SO I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU!!! Hope you & your bf have Fun at the wedding~Usually when you think they will not be all that fun~they turn out to be the Best ones! So enjoy.

thundahthighs ~you crack me up~Your so funny~Where is the smiley that is laying face down in a puddle of sweat and tears, panting and unable to get up after 5 pushups, while her cat licks the back of her head?) ~I laughed so much I nearly peed my pants from reading that & from reading that jdonata~thinks her BF was hoping for an excuse to go off of his diet!! I needed a good laugh so hugs to y'all for that! AND AMEN ON THE WORKOUTS!! YOUR DOING SUPER~Way better than I can do!

Mawkish Mo ~hello~So glad things are going well for ya~No worries on going over on calories ever so often..We have all done that~the key is to just do your best to Reach your number without going over the next day.
STAY STRONG!!!

~EVERYONE ELSE~ SENDING A BIG HELLO YOUR WAY~HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL FOR EVERYONE.

I got to see 166.4 today ~I am hoping to see my ticker weight again soon.
I also hope I do not have to change my battery in my scale again before I reach my Main goal. My valentines goal was to lose 7 pounds so far from todays weight I have lost 3.8 of it. Got 3.2 To go~Well Off to check myspace page....I got neices on there And I can be nosey to them~LOL there mistake for placing me on as a friend!~hahahahaha~They range in ages from 15 to 27. Anyways off to myspace~TAKE CARE ALL

(not checking for typing errors so ignore all mistakes.)

Last edited by Lori259; 01-15-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:25 AM   #207  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Lori, what you said...I know it's more than mental, but I need to be mentally strong to do it...otherwise I just come up with all this addict crapola routine, and talk myself into smoking just one. Ugh. What I need is for my kid to go on vacation and for me to be locked up in the house for 3 days, lol. Anyway, I'm not giving up. The cravings aren't so bad to get through, one at a time, but the attitude, well, yeah, I'm pretty snappish! Thanks for volunteering to be my friend when I get the tourrettes, lol.

Hit the gym tonight for the workout, it was heavy deadlifts. I love lifting heavy weights, and deadlifts are easily my favorite lift, so it doesn't get any better than that, for me.

My trainer is helping me with my shoulder therapy. She used to be a PT before she started doing the training full time, so she knows her stuff, and I know she's going above and beyond to help me, since she knows I can't really afford to see a doc for it. My trainers are the coolest peeps on the planet, and honestly some of the best people I've ever met in real life. Anyway, tonight she gave me some new PT exercises to add into my warm-up. I'm excited, since it means we're making progress on the healing.

I'd better get some sleep. Workout in the morning for me, then staying after, since I do the gym cleaning on weekends. I've got a new CD to listen to, so I can crank the tunes while I do that job.

Eating was okay today, not stellar. Didn't overeat, but was out of veggies till this evening when I went to costco to restock, so had to use bread for the carb portion on lunch and dinner. I like bread okay, just don't normally eat it, since it gives me the sugary carb cravings, aka I'm hungry even though I just ate 20 minutes ago...bleh! Later, peeps!

Chubs, you go with your bad self! I'm glad to see you still here, and being so successful with the challenge!

JD, thanks for the welcome, and congrats on your pending proposal! The man cave is a great idea. My sister has one for her dh, and I'm pretty sure it is part of the secret to their success! Everybody needs their own space once in a while. And 118? I can't imagine...I'd have to chop off a limb or something.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:24 AM   #208  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Good Morning

Im swimming in my delish coffee right now I woke up with a new found motivation. My eating yesterday was terrible, im just having one of those weeks..very emotional,ugh The scale is up(of course) so my new challenge is to stay on track. Thats it...should be simple huh? Im flushing out the water weight today. I plan on going until next Sunday until i cheat.(my cheat meals are every sunday and they have helped in this weightloss journey) DH wants to eat out tomorrow so i will suggested apple-bee's, they have those new 550 calorie meals i wanna try. It should be fun...

Jamsky-Im with ya on lifting heavy...love it! My favorite is working shoulders/biceps. Sending you good luck vibes..i smoked for 6yrs when i was younger and quit cold turkey when i got pregnate with my first child...its tough,but like everything else,its gets easier everyday. Hugs to you...you CAN do it. Its nice to meet you and congrats on your success so far

Lori-LOL at you being nosey...ive got a facebook account and im the same way with my family. Crossing my fingers for you!

Mawisk-Good job staying on track and congrats on that swoosh!

thunda-Congrats to you as well

jdonato-I would love to have scale like that. I would like mine to 'lock-up' if im in a bad mood so i can't weigh period,LOL.

Chubbyphoto-Congratulations to you!!!!

Hello to everyone..i will bbl after my workout! Not sure what im doing...
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 161/150/135

Just checking in for the week. I am down 2 more pounds!! I have been working out 6 days a week and counting calories. I hope everyone else is doing great!
Rach122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

I just want to say thanks for all the warm wishes and encouragement! This is the first time I've been able to acomplish my goals in over 5 years and you guys are really there for me. Thank you ladies from the bottom of my heart thank you. And ofcourse I'm always here for you too.

Jams: Keep up the strength on not smoking. I am so happy to hear that you want to quit. I'm with Lori if you need to vent or get angry....Oh i'll take it!

Lori and misspriss: awesome that you two have stayed smoke free!

I stress about this the most only because I lost my grandmother from over 50years of smoking. And I feel like you ladies are family and I would never want anything to happen to you. I want you guys to be happy and healthy and sexy! lol

I will post more later, maybe tomorrow. I have to get ready for the wedding. So my bf surprised me with concert tickets for City and Colour, decent band. It's a nice night out for us. The wedding is an early afternoon one so it will be over before the concert. He found an excuse to get off his diet..before the concert he wanted to grab a few drinks..which leads to dinner...and snacks later. But...he saw this morning he lost another lb, that's 7lb from when he started, so he may not cheat! I enjoy a beer here and there with a meal or a glass of wine, but I really don't want to drink and take in the extra calories. Not worth it. I save my drinks for family functions where I know there is a guest room saved for us and we are toasting to happiness.

Alright ladies have a great day and I will talk to you all tomorrow.
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote