Old 01-20-2010, 06:10 AM   #241  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Morning,

Ive got a cardio plus some upper body/abb weights on tabs today but first i have to take DH to the emergency room,he was outside repairing a fence yesterday and smashed his thumb...he's been in pain all night.

ok,im trying to ignore the scale...its still holding steady for some reason...mmmm,maybe a good kick @ss workout will help it

Lori-what a very sad story i feel awful for his wife and kids. So very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with his family today. Im glad your meds starting working for you yesterday.

Thunda-awesome job with your workouts & eating...WTG!

David-Glad your headache went away...nice job on your walk!

JD-{{{hugs}}} i hope you feel better today. Sounds like you have a very sweet BF.

uscarchie-isn't cool when we feel/see ourselves getting stronger. I noticed i was able to hold some yoga poses the other day without shaking this time...and it was awesome,totally put a smile on my face.

Hello to everyone i missed,keep up the good work

I will catch up with everyone later.
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:11 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

Good morning everyone,

Today I feel so much better! Thanks Lori and Misspriss. I needed the hugs. You guys always put me in a good mood. Sorry to hear about that guy Lori, and how it made you feel. I'll pray for him and his family.

The sun its shinning and I'm finially back on schedule with sleep. Today is my long day of classes, I go until 9 tonight. The bf and I packed our lunches together last night so I"m all prepared today to keep on track. The bf and I discussed workout plans I need to do inorder to lose the last little bit if weight. Today the scaled said 119.4, which is only 1lb difference from my 118.2 on Saturday. To be honest I'm not really bummed at all. I've lost alot of weight so far, and this is a life change for me, trying to maintain and lose the last few lbs. Plus too i've only been doing this for 2 weeks so far. I keep forgetting that. It feels like months. I'm going to take things one day at a time. One of my other goals was to keep healthy and improve strength. I'd like to increase some muscle mass and tone up...which brings me to my next point.....

Thundahthighs:.....wow you are working it girl! Keep it up!

I'll get to everyone I missed later, I'm going to get ready for school. I hope everyone has a great day and keep up the good work. Hugs all around!
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #243  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

JD-Glad your feeling better today and your very welcome...i love coming here when im down...you guys always lift me back up

My workout is done, did some step aerobics, then some upper body heavy lifting then some abb work. I feel great(and glad its over and done with)

Everyone have a great afternoon and lets make it a good calorie counting day
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 225/202/150

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone! Well, I'm gonna join this challenge. I want to lose another 6 lbs by Valentine's day. I started my journey exactly a week ago and have lost 9 lbs. Had a major whoosh at the beginning, water weight I guess, but I've lost a couple pounds after that due to eating very well, getting lots of water, and starting to exercise.
Goals for the year:
1) Get down to my ideal body weight, around 125-145
2) Quit smoking
3) Start school
4) Go on vacation with the hubby
5) Just have a great year for once
minijaxgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:16 AM   #245  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Glad you're doing better, Lori, that story was so sad. Anyways, been a little lax yesterday, and didn't count as well as I should. I'm back on track this am. But I wanted to ask for good ideas on adding protein to my steel cut oats? I was doing 1 c steel cut oats, and 3/4 c 1% milk, and a handful of blueberries. Mmmm, blueberries. But, by about 11am, I'm starving. I was doing really well on my egg, salsa, and brown rice breakfast, so I might go back to that next week, but oh, how I love oatmeal and blueberries.

Should I add some nuts to my oatmeal?

Thoughts?
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #246  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

misspriss - I'm sorry about your hubs! I hope he's feeling better - and I hope he's not doing that man-growly thing they do when injured... talk about stress! Hang in there!!

Lori - WOW!! That is horrible! You did great calming down - it's not easy to do, I know! - and just relax, take it easy, and remember to come back here for all the e-hugs you can handle!

jdonato - You can do it! It seems like you've done the hard part, and now it's just all about figuring out the "cruise control". Come join me in my puddle of sweat - OK, maybe not in *my* puddle, you get your own puddle!! We can do this, and it feels GOOD!

Super enormous congrats and hugs to everyone! I see we're all struggling a little with this weather - even here in Austin it's gloomy and grey, and I woke up exhausted this morning, so I "doubled" breakfast, meaning I had my frozen whole wheat waffle with peanut butter and honey, for 230 calories, AND a bowl of 7-grain cereal with skim milk for 140 cals. I'm still on target, just no wiggle room, and I needed every bite and then some to get my butt moving. I have low blood pressure, and it can dip ridiculously low when I'm resting, so I may have remained more still than usual as I slept last night, because when I woke up I was just made of lead. Lazy, tired lead. The kicker is - I have places to be today! The one day this week I have somewhere to be... So I am on my second cup of coffee, plus the two breakies, plus a TON of clear fluid - I will soon be able to move at more than a turtle pace!!

Chicks, we can do this!! Today, when I get home, is legs and core again. I am doing the core every day, and I can feel it!! It feels GOOD!
Maybe once I'm at or near goal, and perhaps working, I will treat my poor self to a real honest-to-goodness training session or 2, and see how I've been doing, and get some tips for fine tuning. We've also managed to walk the past two days, at a cardio pace (nearly unable to chatter way with each other) and I am hoping these clouds clear so I can log a "perfect" week.

usarchie How would you feel about peanut butter and honey in your oats? I am a peanut butter and honey addict, I use 1 TBSP PB and 1 tsp honey usually, and it's about 125 cals - it gives me a huge energy boost. Something about the protein and fat and sweet that kicks me in the butt.

Super enormous encouragement to everyone - look at us go!!!! We are KILLING IT!!
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #247  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

mmmmm, peanut butter.... Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I love peanut butter...

I love Nutella even more! That almost counts....

It's been so rainy here in So Cal that I'm envious that you get to go out, Thundah.... I want to be outside, but I'm afraid I'll be washed away. There were tornado warnings yesterday. Crazy weather!
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #248  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Hey all. Just checking in. Scale has been cooperating. Had a great workout MOnday night, skipped yesterday as the shoulder was pretty sore. Might go in this afternoon...not too worried about it, since both my fave trainers are off today, so I might just save the gas and go for a run instead.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

hey guys,

still a beautiful day outside, by beautiful i mean sunny! I got my project finished for my class tonight, and now just relaxing and eating..mmmm.

Jam: good job on working out and the weight loss. Hope your shoulder feels better.

uscarchie: I like the peanut butter idea. You can maybe add yogurt. I like the breakfast burrito, I eat that every morning, but i know next week i'll want something different. Hope you find something you like!

thundah: I love the joining you in your puddle of sweat haha. I plan on going to the gym tomorrow. Thanks for the support!

minijaxgrl: Welcome to the club! I wish you the best on your weightloss and goals.

so far i have 7 hours until i'm done with class and I'm still feeling good. I'm trying to take as many stairs as possible and I'm so glad I packed my lunch and snacks. The bf has been a god send for helping me stay on track and being supportive yesterday. This challenge is bringing us closer which makes me happy...

well i'm out for now. I hope everyone has the best day and i'm send one big group hug to you all!

jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #250  
In the desert...

Totally skimming due to lack of time so I hope all is good with everyone! We've got the same storms as California, just a bit later as we're east of them, so traffic and driving suck. Been on track with food, but tonight I'm going to see "O" and having dinner out with the client, so I don't know what that will do - one meal thrown off a bit won't be the end of the world, though.
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #251  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Y'all Are F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S friends~THANKS EVERYONE!
I Have had lot of anxiety today also But I have been doing my best all day.
I haven't heard anything else about the accident. I am so glad his family is in your prayers & Mine.

I did get a new low weight today~164.6 So I actually got to change my ticker since I went below the original 165 I was trying to get back to & to go beyond that was super. I am trying to be positive today so I am gonna focus on that.....& ALL MY WONDERFUL FRIENDS ON 3fc~THANKS U GUYS! I ADORE EACH & EVERYONE OF U!!!Will Check back in again soon.Take care.
Gonna go love on my family all day & thank God for letting me have another day with them all.

Last edited by Lori259; 01-20-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:19 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 280/270/170

Height: 5'8

Hi! My goal by vday is to at least!!! loose 10 pounds!! I hope I can do it, im new to dieting, and this site.
Precious27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:24 PM   #253  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Before I log off I wanted to say WELCOME TO YOU PRECIOUS27 & GOODLUCK!!!!!!
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:23 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!

Sorry I haven't been around. I've been sick with a cold and yucky bronchitis. Kinda makes me not so motivated to work out, but I've still been doing it! My weight is still the same, but I still have one more day until my "official" weigh-in day, so I can hope, can't I?

Been getting more strength training in, thanks to some online videos and such. I'm wondering if there's more out there. Now I have to go look!

MrsLovett
MrsLovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #255  

Just did 5 miles on the bike,I haven't been on the bike for a couple of days so it felt good.I have been doing good eating.Maybe it will give me some energy.I think that I am going to make my goal this time plus some.
chubbyphotographer is offline   Reply With Quote