Old 01-31-2010, 05:56 PM   #361  
In the desert...

I officially apologize to anyone who is now wanting a Cadbury's Creme Egg because I talked about them! But they are good, aren't they...

I am holding on to 1.5lbs of water retention because of PF Chang's yesterday in the office (22 of us were in there working on a Saturday - can you believe that???) and only drinking about 50oz of water. So today I am on a water flush - lots and lots of water and lots and lots of visits to the bathroom.

OH. Get this - I am ticked. The fabulous new aquatic center that is now open? Isn't open til 7am on weekdays. EVERY other indoor pool operated by the Parks & Rec department is open at 5am on weekdays. I have just sent a very pissy email to the director and assistant director of parks & rec. I am so annoyed. So now I'm working on a plan for getting back into the gym for my cardio seeing as swimming is out of the question. Grr.
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:56 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!

I think I'm going to do it! I'm actually going to meet my Valentine's Day goal weight! After gaining during the holidays and kinda going up and down while I was sick for two weeks, I wasn't really sure. Now the scale is going DOWN! I'm at 112.8 lbs. today! Just 2.8 lbs. away from my V-Day goal weight of 110 lbs. and we have two weeks to go still. I think I can do this!

Did some actual strength training with resistance bands. I'm so proud. My mom found some online workout videos (she did one herself! I'm proud of her too!) and did one this morning for 20 minutes. Then I did some more on my own after that. May not seem like much, but it's more than I had been doing. I also did about 90 minutes of cardio, give or take. Gotta work on my water.

My computer got a nasty virus the other day Don't have a clue where it came from. I was just surfing the web and up popped this thing saying that it was anti-virus software and that it wanted to scan my computer. I'd never seen it before, so I immediately got my dad to look at it (he works with computers), and it turns out the anti-virus pop-up WAS a virus. Had to uninstall Vista and reinstall the whole stupid thing. Lost EVERYTHING in the process... photos, music, bookmarks on my browser... you name it. I'm slowly recovering and only going to sites I trust now.

I've rambled enough. Sorry! Hope you are all doing well!

MrsLovett
MrsLovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:10 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

MrsLovett ~ That's awful!!! Glad you were able to reformat though, even if it meant that you lost everything. The internet can definitely be a scary place.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:25 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 173

Height: 4'11

I'm game! This will be my first challange. I would like to lose 5 lbs by Valentines day. I've been off the wagon since Thanksgiving so now its time to get with it! Good luck everyone!
happyinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:52 PM   #365  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

was gonna do a long post but my breathing issues are giving me problems.
I used my inhaler Now I must let it do its job. My computer is next to a door with a draft so The cooler air gave me an asthma attack Plus now I am trying to have an anxiety attack on top of it.~MY LUCK.
Will type again soon Must go get this under control.Ughhhhh

Last edited by Lori259; 01-31-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:04 PM   #366  
In the desert...

Motivation (new definition) - watching "The Matrix" and "The Matrix - Reloaded" (even as a huge fan, I can't stomach the third one) and seeing Ms. Moss in that skintight latex catsuit thing with a butt to die for. Yeah. Gym tomorrow, methinks.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #367  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Height: 5'4"

julesp313,

I watched "The Matrix" last night too! I'm told I have no butt... I'm quite flat in that area. Makes my jeans look pretty bad. Kinda makes me want to firm my butt up!

MrsLovett
MrsLovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #368  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

Chele615: congrats on getting down to your Christmas weight! I know what you mean about focusing on exercise and food intake. It's good to keep trying so we can change our lives not just a few months. Keep it up.

julesp313: I'm right there with you on the 1.5 water weight. It seems like you work very hard and alot, so it's ok to have some chineese food to get you through work days. Sorry you had to work on a saturday. And about the pool schedule...that's B.S. Most pools I know are open atleast 6am. I hope your letter gets that pool open earlier.

MrsLovett: as a woman who's going for my BS in EE....my heart sank when I heard about your computer. I have no idea how you are staying so positive...if I lost everything I would die! I thought I lost my flash drive this summer and I swear it was as if i lost a body part. My whole life is on my computer. I wish you all the good luck on recovering everything and congrats on your weight loss that's awesome!

happyinme: Welcome! I hope meet your V-day challenge and you'll find all the love and support on here. Good luck!

Lori: I hope your feeling better. I"m sorry to hear about your breathing and anxiety attack. I"m sending you the best day vibes...I hope it's brightens it up.

So work was alright last night. I got home and in bed a little after 3 this morning. I didn't sleep a whole lot...the bf is sick now (he called into work so i'm glad he gets to rest). I have class today and I found out my C++ prof. extended the deadline until wednesday...that's a major help. And I have the best friends who are helping with what I missed in class. Because of lack of sleep i'm feel a little sassy today, i'll try and not take it out on ppl.

Today's a new day and a new week so I'm getting back on track and as Chele615 said, just focusing on food intake and exercise. I see the number go up on the scale but my inches go down...such is life. I'm trying to stay positive and take things one day at a time.

I'm off to class. I hope everyone has a great day and keep up the good work!
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #369  
In the desert...

MrsLovett - I have the opposite issue with my butt! It's way more out there than I'd like - the annoying thing is, the muscle is pretty solid but the layer of flab covering it hides that! Clearly not something I would want to squeeze into black latex!

JD - this is just the crazy time at work. All my clients have to file their annual financials between March 6 and March 31, so we're frantically doing the audits now so they can do that. And we had quite a lot of people quit last year so we're working with a much tighter staffing pool, which makes it all harder. Still - it is finite, and come April 1, we all just sort of collapse into a heap.

Me - worked out pretty well this morning, though I wish I'd done more cardio. If I get home at a decent hour (read - before 8pm), I may do a half hour on the treadmill or one of the ExerciseTV videos, just to wake the ol' system up. Other than that, same old, same old...
Old 02-01-2010, 12:55 PM   #370  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't had time to post lately! It looks like everyone is doing pretty good.

Just wanted to pop in quickly and post the results of my official WI this morning. 164.2! So still have about 4.5 to lose before I reach my V Day goal, but I think I can do it. Gotta go workout, shower, and then take my little one to the doctor but will check back in tonight!
fashinjunkie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #371  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Thanks jdonata~I am doing better this evening.
I had a horrible asthma attack last night & again this morning at about 6:00 A.m. Woke me up from sleep...Scared the crap outta me.
The temp in my room was about 68 to 70 And There was alittle chill to the air ~I gotta get new windows in my house~ There not broke or anything ~just old and I think that would help alot. We are getting a new roof put on in a few weeks...So that will be a start~maybe not for the cold air but some of our have to do list.~hope ya had a great class today~

Well ~Anyways hoping to not wake up or go to bed with attacks again.

Went to the Dentist a few hours ago & worked out a plan...Should have my teeth all looking great in about 3 to 4 months...which is so great!
Cause I like to Talk & smile & I never can post a pic showing my teeth~cause there so yucky ~but I am thrilled that the plan he came up with wasn't scary to me...Cause I fear dentist...I was comfortable there. So I am feeling confident with it all.
Didn't weigh in this morning So not sure what the weight is...Will post again soon.
Off to myspace.(must try to catch my nieces getting into something~LOL!)

Last edited by Lori259; 02-01-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #372  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

mmmmm, Cadbury Creme eggs. Evil!!!

Did not gain, and did not lose. Standing pat at 184. To summarize, the weekend involved two days of whiskey and assorted salty foods, like a nice sharp cheddar and, say, popcorn. Also, TOM ended. I ate at current weight maintenance Sat and Sun, and in the future, I think I will try to eat at goal weight maintenance on off-plan days - which are usually once a week and not twice. Monday is great so far, 1 hours and 20 minutes, 1 hour of weights and 20 of cool-down yoga. Eating is right where I want it. I'll weigh again Wed and see if any weight fell off due to, say, just general bloat. I'm in a perfect storm of water retention, so I am not too upset about standing pat on my 184. Seriously. TOM, booze AND salt? It's like I would win money if I retained the most water...

Quick post from me, off to do errands!!!
It is FREEZING HERE!
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:23 PM   #373  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Tomorrow is weigh in at weight watchers The scale didn't move as much as I would have liked it too Usuallly my first week back on track I lose 5 or more pounds....of course that was 35 pounds ago.

Lori- Everytime I get on myspace it gives me a virus..... Had the same one twice. I'm scared of it now. Glad your not getting it
Woohoo getting your teeth fixed...I know that was important to you

Happyinme- Mee too! I fell right of track the day after thanksgiving and couldn't for nothing get back on. Joined weight watchers last tuesday to force myself to weigh in front of someone else...I do like the meetings though.... until they start to repeat themselves that is.

Mslovett- Yep same one I got but I know where I got it from ....MYSPACE!!!!! My neighbor is a computer guy...builds and repairs. He says when you see that pop up don't chick it, move it or anything...Shut down your computer fast...Then scan your computer for a virus just to be safe. The first time I got that same virus from myspace I left my computer and didn't see it until it was to late. When I tried to scan my computer with my virus software the virus would block it from coming up....Took a little screaming and restarting but I finally was able to get my virus ware up before the virus tried to take over again. The second time there was less screaming and yelling
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #374  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

I'm glad I don't like Cadburry eggs!!! lol

Lori--sorry to hear about your attacks...hope you're doing better tonight and congrats on figuring out stuff for your new smile!! I'm sure you'll be so happy with it!

jule--I would never wear the spandex suit...I have such a bubble butt!! lol always have, and I figure I always will!

MrsLovett--viruses suck!! I've had that one where it says to run the anti-virus, but in actuality, that's the virus! Why in the world do people want to create computer viruses!?!?! just pure evil!

happy--_WELCOME!!! and Good Luck!!

jdon---inches lost are just as good (if not better) than numbers decreasing on the scale!! I need to measure myself to see how I'm doin on that part of this journey!

Fashin--good luck on your last few pounds!!

Thundah--at least you didn't gain! lol

losing--its good that you're back in the swing of things at WW...congrats on the loss....even if it wasn't want you wanted/expected, it's something

AS FOR ME, my official WI for today was 183.2...a loss of 1.2lb for last week...officially only 1lb left and we have 2 weeks....PLEASE O PLEASE let me meet this goal!!! lol TOM is still here, so maybe I'll see another drop when it's gone! lol

I'm on wk. 4 of the C25K and last night I about died jogging the 5min straight...the 1st time wasn't so bad, but then the last segment of 5min about did me in! lol i've never been a runner, but was hoping this program would help me become one! I'm doing it on the treadmill and setting it on 5mph for the jog part...does this seem like a good pace???
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:44 PM   #375  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

Alright ladies and gents.. I'm back from vacation. Looks like everyone is doing great and hello to all the new folks! I managed to mostly maintain on vacation (i'm up a pound but seriously I was off plan for almost 2 weeks)

I'm having a very hard time getting back into the swing of things. Today was on plan but I overshot my calories by 120. I know I still have a healthy deficit.. I'd prefer to not be over. Oh well. I'll do better tomorrow!
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote