UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 03:55 AM   #166  

Sal - enjoy Friday night (you are allowed a night off, I said so )
I know what you mean about eating late at night though - something I've worked out for myself (because I'm cleaver like that ) is if I eat a big meal at lunch and have a light tea - I lose weight, if I eat a big meal in the evening I gain weight!

I was just over on the weekly weigh in and saw an old page from a couple of months back and my post said I'd lost a pound and now weighed 16.11! Wow sometimes you forget how far you've come don't you? Last night I bumped into someone who last saw me in July - she said 'wow, you've shrunk' it felt fantastic

I have to go and get on with the housework I've been flying around all over the place having coffee with friends and shopping and now I have to make up for it all and do some housework!! YUK
Old 11-21-2002, 08:35 AM   #167  

Good afternoon everyone!

I love Indian food, I am very jealous Carol, have a great evening and enjoy yourself. You seem to be doing very well at the moment. I think you and I are similar when it comes to wine, I can't resist the stuff. In fact, I had 2 glasses at lunchtime. Very naughty I know, but it is pay day (any excuse!). I hope I am not coming across as an alcoholic!

Off topic, does anyone know what happened to Sarah that used to post here and keep us all in check? Also, Veggie, are you still with us?

Phoebe
Old 11-21-2002, 03:04 PM   #168  
Theres no stopping me now

I think we are similar Pheobe - I have been fighting the wine for the last wee while. I think the booze is one of th ereasons I haven' tbeen losing weight.

Have had a bad day adn Ray has offered to get a bottle of wine for tonight - I am very tempted, but have said no as I want to indulge tomorrow night and lose weight on Tuesday.

Why is it not easy
Old 11-22-2002, 11:58 AM   #169  

Evening all...

I'm lucky I'm not keen on the taste of alcohol, apart from red wine, pina colada and gin (that sounds like rather a lot though doesn't it? ) I'd much rather have a cup of tea than a glass of something at night - I suppose I'm not so much of an angel but more of a boring old fart arn't I?

Wow where did the week go, Friday already! I have to be good this w/end as I stayed the same this week and I have to lose another 5lbs for Santa - please send me good vibes gals!!

Have a good one everybody.
Old 11-22-2002, 12:44 PM   #170  

Hi to everybody ...from a wet cold Suffolk.And I am sorry to admit this , but as there is only you reading....my favourite drink is a nice cold pint of lager shandy made with carlsberg....preferably drunk on a warm evening on the lawns of a beautiful English pub,in good company ......does that make me a lager lout??

Thinking of you tonight Smiling, have a wonderful, wonderful evening with your indian....and your hubby of course!mmmn
I am imagining the spread...oooooh nan breads, rice, poppodums, sag aloo passandra....OH TEEL DO SHUT UP!!!

Delaney go for it gal, I am sure you can lose 5 lbs for Santa and here are a few vibeletts to help you on your way....

teehee! love from Teel
Old 11-22-2002, 05:49 PM   #171  

I usually forget about the colour button, but tonight I thought I would use a nice blue! I am longing to know how Smiling enjoyed her Indian and the rest ot the evening....I know if I was her, I would have definately had eaten the pistachio ice cream for the desert choice........ooooooooh! :nono But now it is time for bed in Suffolk...so good night to you all and I hope everybody has a safe and happy weekend. :

love from Teel
Old 11-23-2002, 04:28 AM   #172  

Didn't have the ice cream Teel, had the gateaux and some indian sweets, they were green and very very sweet. all the wine and spicey food was good last night - I did really enjoy my night out then. BUT it is not so wonderful for my body this morning.

You think we would learn from experience. I don't suffer from hangovers, just can't handle coming in at 2am and then getting back up before 9 to organise football training. Need more sleep ......
Old 11-24-2002, 03:58 PM   #173  

Hello to everybody!! I am just writing a short post to say I AM HERE AT LAST!! Bit like my last train journey...I thought I was on the old site for ever and would never get here!

But all is well nad I will post properly tomorrow when I get my brain in gear.... Good night to all

love from Teel

Old 11-25-2002, 05:52 AM   #174  
Wahey a loss this wk!!!!!

Anybody for a cold??? Told hubby to keep it to himself but no he couldn't manage that and now I have a stinker of a cold. Just what I don't need. Although I am attempting to carry on with my exercise regime ( I need to burn off that Chinese from Saturday night).
Old 11-25-2002, 06:18 AM   #175  

Very kind of you to offer, Leigh-r, but I think I can manage without it at the moment!!!Oh poor girl, I hope you feel tons better soon. It is all misty down in Suffolk this morning but I must get out for a walk with my dog.Iam still keeping to a 3x20 challenge set on one of the other threads and I, too must do some "penance" for the demolition of half a Terrys white choc. snowball last night. Not sure why I ate it really, but I do take some consolation from the fact that a year ago I probably would have eaten all of it......

I hope everyone has had a good weekend.I have felt quite bereft not being able to post whilst waiting to go on the new server so it is nice to be here at last. I think it is also great that so many people use this site that 3FC needed to move to a larger capacity provider to accomodate us! WELL DONE 3FC!!!
Old 11-25-2002, 09:03 AM   #176  
Wahey a loss this wk!!!!!

Yep I had a good weekend apart from eating a Chinese on Saturday night.

Today, however, is not so good.
I have successfully blown up 2 yes 2 printers
And to add insult to injury I went to go to buy a new printer and the car died

Well £20 later the car is sorted. And another £60 later I have a fully operational printer. Just nned to replave the 2nd printer at some point.

I wonder if this is going to be the start of a really bad week, what with the cold as well.

I could just go back to bed and not get up again until next Monday.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:01 PM   #177  

OK it's offical I am finally here. Checked this morning was still on the old server, but here I am.

Have had a hard week, feeling like I might be getting a cold myself, something is hanging over me, not sure what yet though. Have a feeling that dreaded TOM is about to start, have that bloated feeling.

Am all with Leigh for going back to bed and getting up next Monday.
Old 11-25-2002, 02:05 PM   #178  

OK now I'm here what can I tell you about my weekend.

I was that good all last week through to Friday, I went out determined to enjoy myself and I did. I ate loads, drank too much and talked for Scotland.

Then on Saturday morning I just kept eating. We were laying laminated floor in the livingroom - or rather Ray was. I cleared the livingroom and then sat on my bum and ate. Had toast for breakfast, then a McDonalds (why ????), followed by 2 sausages in batter from the chippie, a chinese and a load of vodka and everything else I could find to eat.

Have no reason why, but I slipped right back into my old eating habits, for absolutely no reason.

So when I got up Sunday morning, I was detemined to turn over a new leaf. Got up and took all the food out of my cupboards and put the points value of absolutely everything on the labels, everything except the boys milk shake powder and Rays black pudding. There is no chance I will eat either of those.

So since Sunday I have been back on it with vengance. Yesterday i was in danger of not eating enough - wonder why I wasn't hungry ? Ending up having 17 points, that was with us going to the Brewers Fayre for our dinner, had oriental chicken, one of the weight watchers meals and I drove so no booze.

Today I am only sitting at 8 points, but think dinner will put me up to about 16, so just need to find a supper and I'll be fine with today. Last thing I want is to end up with this body going into starvation mode.

So that was my weekend, here's to a not to embrassing weigh in tomorrow. Just have to face it and move on. It happen. As a woman I have seen talking about Emotional Intelligence.

"Stuff happens it's the way you deal with it that counts"
Old 11-26-2002, 07:34 AM   #179  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Love that quote, carol, will try to remember it, in my case wine chocolate (and the rest) happen!! my weekend was quite calorific, but enjoyed it been back on track for the last couple of days and am still hoping to reach 14-13 before crimbo, But won't beat myself with a big stick if i dont!!
have been on strike today and am now going to go and face some christmas shopping!! wish me luck!! TQ
Old 11-26-2002, 08:24 AM   #180  

Hello - am going to be an angel this week. Am determind to make a stone before Christmas, but like TQ I won't beat myself up with a big stick if I don't make it. Back to 5lbs to go to be there. That dreaded TOM is due and I know that if I stick to my plans I will weigh less next week.

best go am far too busy at work to be chatting, but you know how it goes................
Closed Thread