UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 01:28 PM   #271  
Phat Chick

Mmm - I'm bored - managed to catch another cold this year - the 3rd in about 2 months. Can't be bothered to go out, have done no Christmas present shopping and right now I'm too ill to care

I do of course have a mountain range of ironing to do - hubby keeps asking me when I am going to become a good wife and iron all his shirts again. (He must have drugged me - went through a stage of doing all the ironing as it cropped up - but I am cured now )

Weight wise not doing to bad or too good - but I am ill so that's my excuse. I have decided that I am going to enjoy Christmas Day - not go too but then get back on track on Boxing Day. Started back at the gym but have stopped as the cold has gone to my chest, so feeling a bit sluggish. My challenge to myself for the New Year is to learn to swim and join a Body Pump class. Posy is a great/fantastic inspiration - and I need to get my big FAT booty into shape. I got "attacked" on another thread because someone didn't know what PHAT meant - I've noticed on some other message boards that some people seem to type with venom in their fingers, do you think these same people would verbally attack people face to face? Glad that doesn't happen around here - we're a lovely bunch round here

May have some good news - but just waiting for a letter of confirmation.

Off work now until January 2nd - so will be able to devote more time to this site

Merry Christmas everyone and especially to Sarah Ann - maybe she's lurking

Last edited by BigPhatBooty; 12-21-2002 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-21-2002, 04:52 PM   #272  
Theres no stopping me now

Am getting a cold myself. Not much fun am away to havea couple of vitamin C tablets, a couple of oranges and then hopefully a hot toddy and an earlish night.

Need to feel better in the morning, have a busy day, housework wise planned for tomorrow. Have just had a lovely schezchan (sp?) chicken from the chinese, was absolutely lovely and absolutely bursting with cals.

Tomorrow I cut back and think maintainance plan
Old 12-21-2002, 05:44 PM   #273  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Gals it's a another beautiful day here it's hard to believe it's only 4 day's to christmas day I have'nt even bought a turkey i told hubby that i was'nt going to bother as there is only the two of us and i don't want to eat it for the next two weeks he said "what! no turkey and cranberry sauce?"
I really can't be bothered with it..wonder if i could buy a turkey breast somewhere i have'nt bought any more choc's yet but it will be after christmas that i'll have to watch it..when they are selling them off!

BigPhatBooty..i saw the "attack" post that you are on about i'm cured of that ironing bug too..sometimes do it if we've nothing to wear or if i'm having one of "me moments" when everything has to be in it's place.Good News? sounds ominous..not the patter of tiny feet..is it?

You know..i've had one cold "texas flu" in nearly nine years of living here..last summer i went back to England and had one for about a month! was barking like a sea lion..It must be all them people coughing on one another..YUK..Maybe Jacko is'nt wacko after all for wearing a face mask!
Old 12-22-2002, 03:40 AM   #274  

Morning, Have a busy day planned am going to perform micracles today. Am going to start by getting dressed and emptying my freezer, will put all the stuff we want to keep into the garage, it will be cold enough out there for a couple of hours. Then the big defrost starts. Will probably need to help it along witih some hot water - I know it's not that hygenic but needs must. Time is against me.

Then it's off on a grocey shop, off to Iceland for all my frozen goodies and whatever bargains they have on the buy one get one free offers. Then I'll stop at the Co-op on the way home and pick up some bits and pieces, booze (yes please), some tins, sweets - for the boys you understand. And some of the 'less fattening' goodies - not sure what that means. I may buy myself a packet of the 'go ahead' biscuits.

All that leaves me then is to pick up some fresh fruit and things like bread and milk. Will probably need to do an early morning run to the 24 hour tesco's before Ray goes to work on Tuesday morning, he leaves at 6:45 so it will be very early morning. And get whatever I have forgotten.

Tonight I have to start to wrap !!!!

And today I have to eat well. No McDonalds and Chinese for me today, will make a big healthy dinner with all that nice stuff I buy in Iceland.

Will be a busy woman today, especially as I want to tidy the bedrooms as ell. Best go get on with it. Time waits for no one, unfortunately !!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2002, 04:20 AM   #275  
Phat Chick

Quote:
Originally posted by cat90
Good News? sounds ominous..not the patter of tiny feet..is it?

Now you've scared even me! No babies - that I can guarantee Unless Mr Stork is bringing him/her cleaned, wrapped and fed!
Old 12-22-2002, 06:03 AM   #276  
Wahey a loss this wk!!!!!

Just to let everyone know that I got this years Uni result and I passed and gained my diploma. Now 3 more yrs to do to get me degree.
Happy Xmas to all
Old 12-22-2002, 06:26 AM   #277  
Phat Chick

Congrats leigh-r.

Now I may have missed it, but what are you studying?Full time or part time? Just being

Been down the studying route, both as a student and then also whilst working, so I now it takes lots of hard work and commitment - good for you.
Old 12-22-2002, 09:44 AM   #278  

Well done Leigh.
Old 12-22-2002, 05:46 PM   #279  
Gym'll fix it!!

Congratulations Leigh-r and what a great time to receive it now you can make it a double celebration

BigPhatBooty..how long are you going to keep us in suspense? if it's not the "perfect" baby..what else could it be a new job? new hubby? (only joking) i can't stand it!!

Hubby took me out last night..don't know what's come over 'im..so i overindulged in both the food and drink it was completely out of the blue too..he just said "have you got anything on the go?" (for dinner) i said "no" and then he said
"do you want to go out for dinner?" i was ready in 10 minutes

We went to one pub and i could'nt believe it was closed on a Saturday night for the staff christmas party..some things i will never get used to over here..another pub had a list of the opening times on the door and it closes @ 4pm on christmas eve!!
I think the latest opening time is 6pm..no such thing as an extension here at least the "wives" know the "hubbies" won't be sneaking off to the pub on christmas day

Last edited by cat90; 12-22-2002 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-23-2002, 07:28 AM   #280  

Am all organised for Christmas now, just got to finish the wrapping.

Wish I was going out for dinner. Ray is off today, but is still asleep I woke him at 11, but he dozed off again and hasn't even drank his coffee, a sure sign that, that man of mine is exhausted. He has been working 12 hour shifts for the last 14 days (he's a scaffolder, not a light job !!!!!) with no time off. Think I'll just let him sleep.

Off to the pantomime tonight, Cinderella in Glasgow, have been practicing my hissing and booing and am really looking forward to it.
Old 12-23-2002, 07:29 AM   #281  

Forgot to mention, I put a rinse in my hair, am still not brave enough for those highlights. My hair is still wet, but it looks very dark, is suppose to be copper, will need to wait and see how it looks when it is dry
Old 12-23-2002, 12:19 PM   #282  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Carol, have a great time at the Panto tonight. I wish they did something like that over here. I am feeling awfully homesick at the moment, more than usual. But....I will be ok. I am finished my Christmas shopping and everything is under the tree. We have friends joining us for a drink on Christmas Eve and plan on spending Christmas Day on our own. We have already got together with all of Dave's family this past weekend, so we've seen all the rellies.
It's cold but sunny here and the weather people are saying that we might see a little bit of snow fall on Christmas Day which would be rather nice I reckon. We had an 8 inch snowfall about two weeks ago, and although it was lovely having it there for a few days, after a week of sluch, then ice, then black horrible slippery stuff, I was done!
I still have to get out and finish up some last minute food shopping, I might get my bum in gear and get out shortly....it could happen Also have a vets appointment for our Lew today, he's not been well and is now on pills for having seizures, bless him. It's his birthday tomorrow too, he'll be five.
Ok, am going now, talk to you lot soon,
Chris.
Old 12-23-2002, 12:22 PM   #283  
Phat Chick

New job offer (subject to satisfactory references! so hope a certain person doesn't think to put the boot - you know there are people out there like that!) - letter arrived today whilst I was out. Promotion in terms of job title and money and back into my profession! Job wise the market has been terrible and I have endured so much cr@p from agencies and interviewers, so I am feeling a bit with myself. Hope noone minds

Bit of a good news/bad news day - had to go to the Drs this moring and had some test results - women's stuff - not sure if I should post here though. Maybe I'm worrying about nothing.
Old 12-23-2002, 12:26 PM   #284  
Phat Chick

New hubby.....mmmmmmmmmm
Old 12-23-2002, 03:38 PM   #285  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Hope everything sorts itself out BPB, try to have a good Christmas and come the New Year hope health is on its way to you.

I have been eating like it is Christmas day, I am not being too hard on myself though, I love this time of year and am determined to enjoy it. too much wine and choc so far but whatever damage is done will have to be dealt with in 2003. Have a great time everyone.
Closed Thread