UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 01:25 PM   #241  

Hello Carol..
I hope you feel somewhat recovered tomorrow after your good nights sleep...

I found this wee beastie lurkin around so thought I would send him up to you on the overnight sleeper train!!!

love from Teel xx

p.s. Smiling's a' sleeping!
Old 12-15-2002, 07:13 AM   #242  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

I have just finished decking the halls, etc!! No cards up yet will have to wait until next week. Dave has gone shopping with H, hope it is for my pressies!! I am really tired and am counting the days until Thursday, then no more work for me until 6th January!!
Hope you have recovered Carol, I recovered with the help of i/2 a bag of tortilla chips, bottle of wine and a large Baileys. trying hard not to go too mad today. Dh has got me some count on us meals to get me through this week.
Hope you are all getting there with the festivities, talk to ypu all soon, TQ.
Old 12-15-2002, 12:14 PM   #243  
Theres no stopping me now

Well I went to bed early last night slept for a couple of hours and then lay awake from about 1 until gone 4 Even got up and made myself a hot drink and lay on the couch and read my book as Ray was annoying me - he was asleep and I was wide awake - didn't take much to annoy me last night. I manage to sleep from the back of 4 until 9 this morning so am coping with today - just. Hopefully tonight I will be out like a light.

We are off to see Santa Claus the movie at 7pm, couldn't get tickets for the 5pm showing. So the boys are going to have their baths early and then go to the pictures and come back and go straight to bed. It finishes at 9:10, we will be home by 9:30, as long as they are straight into bed and asleep they won't be that much later than usual.

I am so off plan with my eating. I have no idea where my self control and will power has gone. I am going to weigh in this week but have already consoled myself that it is going to be a gain week. But if I weigh in this week and gain, then I have made a bargain with myself that I won't gain any more over the holidays. Will be tough but I am the only one who make it happen

Started to paint Seans room again this afternoon - after about a 2 month gap of starting it. Have finally finished the woodwork and want to start the ceiling this evening after the piccies. If I even just get it edged, all ready to roller tomorrow night. His new bed is sitting in the garage along with a desk for his playstation and the TV he is getting for Christmas, so I really need to do it this week.

I hear dinner coming up the drive. Am having a sausage supper - yes I am that much off points !!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I have to get my act together again !!!!!! Else I'll go back to WW after the holidays weighing more than I did in October.
Old 12-15-2002, 03:39 PM   #244  
diva of the diet

Carol hope you enjoyed the film, the next few weeks are going to be very hard, very hard. i could panic if i thought about it too much. i just hope whatever happens I can get straight back to it in 2003. I know i will gain, it is just a question of how much!!!!
I don't seem to have stopped this weekend. I have just had a great bath with bath bomb and candles. Need to stock up with them instead of chocs, etc.Will be going to bed soon i think, 4 more days to work, not that i am counting or owt!!!
Old 12-16-2002, 06:20 AM   #245  

Good idea about the bath bomb! I got one fro Lush on Saturday. I will make the most of baths at my family's over the Xmas period as I only have a shower back home. I also bought some Karma soap which is really pongy and nice. Unfortunately I didn't leave the food alone and ate a lot of c**p!
Still it is our Slimming World party tonight so a quick weigh in and then the drink and nibbles appear!
Old 12-16-2002, 05:13 PM   #246  
Theres no stopping me now

Have to face WW tomorrow, am expecting a big old gain. But I need to go to try and keep myself focused - even just a little bit over the holidays

Am off work on Wednesday for the nativity play at school and then finish up on Friday, am really looking forward to it. A whole fortnight with no computers, apart from when I am chatting here

Will report in how big the gain is tomorrow
Old 12-16-2002, 06:09 PM   #247  

I hope you enjoy the nativity play tomorrow, SmilingSal. I loved the ones I went to. The children are just so cute and innocent when they are young.

Is it right what I think I heard on the news about no camcorders or photos are allowed to be taken, in case the pictures fall into the wrong hands, like those of a paedophile or anybody else with awful intent??It seems so sad that the human race has come down to this level. I wonder if "man" will ever recover from this violent and violative age.I think the human race has gone too far to know how to turn around..

Teel
Old 12-17-2002, 12:47 PM   #248  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good Morning Ladies do you think i could join you I know Carol (Smiling Sal) from another thread..which is kinda slow right now I'm originally from Preston, Lancashire but i'm living in Canada now (don't hold that against me will ya? ) I've finally got the resolve to do this..AGAIN! I can pick my moments can't I? I'm hoping that i can lose some flab over christmas and the new year but i'll be happy if i can maintain I lost 30lbs last year on W.W. but i'm not a salad eater and even though it worked for me i was always hungry I slowly but surely fell back into my old eating habits and quit exercising so i'm now back where i started this time i'm going to try portion control and exercise..nothing will be off limits (in moderation) but i will be trying to make better choices.

Carol..glad to see that you are still around..Terry does'nt post much now..i think she's just disappeared altogether not moved to another 'home'..our thread is very slow must be the season or something...as you can see i'm starting over..I need your help!!

Stats 5'4" current weight 12st 1lb/169lbs.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:51 PM   #249  
diva of the diet

Parents are allowed to video/take photos at our school. I know lots of schools have banned this and make their own video that you can buy for a fee and any profit goes to the school.
i know photography is banned in most public swimming pools these days, what a world we live in, better to be safe than sorry, lots of sickos around today.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:55 PM   #250  
diva of the diet

Hi Cathy!! Didn't see you there, good to meet you, you are very welcome. I think it's a great time to get the diet bug, i have a friend who has just started and nothing will stop her over Christrmas, wish I could say the same about myself!!
Old 12-17-2002, 01:07 PM   #251  

Hi TQ, I spy your lamp is lit.I agree we do certainly live in a diseased sort of world. Thank the Lord there are some completely nutty but nice people still roaming around the earth!!!Like us!!

Do enjoy tomorrow and watching the little'uns version of the Great Event!!

Hello to Cathy...you snuck in there after tq's post and by the time I got to reply I nearly missed you. Come join our happy throng. Although I have to admit some of us are not truly ecstatic at the moment...

Old 12-17-2002, 01:46 PM   #252  
Gym'll fix it!!

Thanks for the welcome TQ and Teel i've been browsing the board for a while..had cornflakes for breaky and will be treadmilling in a few when one of my 'soaps' comes on I see you have a weigh-in thread..i'd better go and check it out to see which day you post
Old 12-17-2002, 01:51 PM   #253  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hmmm...does'nt look like you have a specific day so i'll stick with Friday's if that's alright Has'nt Ali done incredibly well..190lbs lost FANTASTIC well done Ali!!
Old 12-17-2002, 02:15 PM   #254  
diva of the diet

You can post your weight anyday, we all weigh in on different days and Carol does the total etc, shes a good un!! Hope to see you around soon!!
Old 12-17-2002, 06:21 PM   #255  
Wahey a loss this wk!!!!!

Welcome Cat. Hmmm I seem to have missed a few posts. I'm sure it's not that long since I was last here.
I can tell it's christmas. How?? Let's just say I can't be bothered with exercising. I only managed 4 mins on the strider before I gave in. Mind you it doesn't help that I don't seem to be home so much at the moment.
Closed Thread