UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 04:57 AM   #106  

To be honest teel she would have liked me to have lost more - she reckons I should be losing 2-3lbs per week but that just tough !!!
Old 11-07-2002, 05:06 AM   #107  

good morning Delaney.....well there is no pleasing TOB, is there....
it is a wonderful day here in Suffolk, wall to wall blue sky, so I am taking Holly off for a walk before it turns horrible. Yee ha! then I will have managed my 3 x 20 challenge for this week, any extra will be a bonus.

love from me xox
Old 11-07-2002, 12:14 PM   #108  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

Well done Delaney

sounds to me like TOB as Teel calls her wouldn't be happy with your efforts no matter how much you lost, lose less than 2 - 3lbs and you haven't tried hard enough...lose morte than that and you will be shot down for overdoing it...just ignore it and keep on doing exactly what your doing, we know your doing great

Ali
Old 11-07-2002, 01:25 PM   #109  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Ignore tob Melissa!! you know you are doing well and so do we, 2-3 lb every week would be great but this is the real world and we are real women and, and and...ooh i will shut up!!
Old 11-07-2002, 04:07 PM   #110  
Theres no stopping me now

TOB - love it

My WW leader is not TOB, Gail is VLL (very lovely lady), but she can't count. Was looking at my WW card this morning and I have gone from 16 stone 7.5lbs to 15 stone 12.5lbs, and my card shows I've lost 8.5lbs, according to my maths it should read 9lbs - can't wait until I get to class next week, so I can get it altered.

Today has been a struggle, I am thinking of giving into it and having something to eat - but then I will regret it after the 30 seconds it is in my month.

Will probably need to go to bed early to avoid the munchies
Old 11-08-2002, 07:47 AM   #111  

tob v vll...

mmmnn. tough choice!!

Raining today....now, are we up for a walk in the wet with the dog? Thank goodness there has been three lovely days this week and I have done my 3x20 challenge....Delaney, you are right...walks will become fewer as the winter season homes in!!

I fell off my road completely yesterday evening...the day had been fine, then at 17:40 the phone rang. It was an oboeist who was playing a run of Gigi at the local theatre..one of the violinists in the band had hurt her back and could not play...would I? Could I possibly????Pleeeeeeese? And so I said yes,and threw myself into frenetic activity...wash hair..get the long black velvet affair on thinking dinner...can't have nothing and hypo...so I stopped at sainsburys and bought a pack of sandwiches and a bottle of water. Now that would have been fine...it was after the show. The chinese takaway is SSOOOO near and I was hungry..and.....oops, special fried rice and Cantonese style sweet and sour pork....what a But Iam back on it today.

Get your umberellas out everbody...
Old 11-08-2002, 11:51 AM   #112  

Not raining herer is very cold though.

I have no energy, feel like I am getting a cold, can feel it at the back of my nose and throat. You should have seen the speed I went up the stairs at work just before lunch - dead slow doesn't even cover it. Had my lunch and went for a walk, brought another sandwich out of boots as I was starving and walked back. Just as slow.

My energy level picked up a bit during the afternoon, but still a long way from normal. Have a feeling tonight could be a struggle
Old 11-08-2002, 01:32 PM   #113  

oh,poor Smiling...sounds like you are getting something you could do without.

Wrap up warm and cosy and start usind the lem-sips and the vic...Am sending you a few healthy treats to help you through it...

Old 11-09-2002, 05:43 AM   #114  
diva of the diet

Default Good morning!!

Hope you are all well on this not too bright but definetely breezy morning!! I have come home from WW with a brand new determination, no nowt the leader said, it wasn't the usual one and I thought i would just come home and enjoy the day!! A busy day but hopefully a good one!!
I weighed in at 15-5 today which i was pleased about cos it meant a 1.5lb loss, however it is the weight i was 4 weeks ago, the next 4 weeks has to be better than the last 4, I need 100% effort putting in and then hopefully in 6 weeks time the scales will show a register of 14stones ?lbs, this needs to happen so I do not lose the plot during the festivities, yes i am sure the scales will be 15+ in January but how much gained will depend on the next few weeks. Its like a new beginning, I am feeling evangelical............lets hope it lasts!!
Old 11-09-2002, 03:16 PM   #115  

Sorry I've not been around for a day or so - I've got a terrible cold, I've been in bed for most of the afternoon. Still it means I've not eaten too much... Talking of which, I came off plan 'big time' Thursday and Friday - so maybe this cold isn't so bad... Sorry you're not feeling well either Carol.

Last night Dave went to play football at 7.15 and was back in the house at 8.15 with a badly swollen knee - so we were in casualty on Friday night - not something I could recommened! He's ok though which is the main thing.

Well Done Michelle - another 1.5lb off

Teel don't worry about the chinese - how many calories do you think playing the violin burns up?? You definitely deserved it.
Old 11-09-2002, 03:32 PM   #116  
diva of the diet

Well Melissa hope you are feeling a little better, this time of year is awful with all the nasties going around, you too Sal!! Hope you are tucked up with something to make you feel better at the moment. I am itching for a bottle of wine at the moment but am trying not to give in!!
Old 11-10-2002, 05:12 AM   #117  
diva of the diet

Default Where is everyone?

Probably having a life!! hope you aren't all coming down with the winter nasty bugs that are flying around. Hope Melissa and Sal are feeling a bit better today, I went to bed at 9.30 last night couldn't make my mind up if it was cos I had no wine to drink or it was just sleep that was needed. I woke up at 8 this morning and have got up feeling ok, got the house to blitz today which is not something to look forward to but hey its gotta be done, hope you all have a great sunday whatever you do!!
Old 11-10-2002, 05:38 AM   #118  

Hi TQ

I am here ....does that mean I haven't got a life?hehehe!

It is such a miserable day here in Suffolk and I haven't got anything planned...I am not quite bug-ridden,have had a vague headache for a few days....glad to hear you are feeling better this morning.
I live almost on the railway line and last night I woke up to hear a huge rumbling sound....realizing what it was, I looked out the window and yes! An enormous machine was snail-pacing up the line straightening the bits and bobs and making a load of noise Usually we get notice from the firm that they are going to be working on the line,but I guess mine got lost in the post!!!!
Old 11-10-2002, 06:11 AM   #119  

Teel - that's a bit cheeky of the railway people wasn't it? I'm not very nice if I get woken up in the night - as Sprog #1 found out at 4 this morning!!

Still feeling yukky but at least it's just a cold and not flu. My parents are popping over soon, haven't seen them in a month, which is very unusual for us. We were going to go out for lunch but I was really good and said I'd 'fall off the wagon' if I did so were staying in now - phew!!

Kids are fighting - see you later...
Old 11-10-2002, 06:14 AM   #120  

I am still here, but not functioning at 100%.

The cold hasn't really come to anything, more just aches and pains and feeling very tired and energyless - maybe it wasn't a cold. I am a bit snivelly, so who knows.

Had one of those days yesterday, where no bad how I was feeling I had to push myself through it for the kids. yesterday was mum and dads annual bonfire party. First me and the boys had to go to my work and check those peskie back up tapes - and thank goodness, if the building burns down today I have a copy of all the computer data - sitting in reception - so it will burn too - just realised that, but it is there until they come in and collect it and take it off site tomorrow.

Then it was off to the hairdressers and I now have a brushing my shoulders - just - length bob. I had 6 inches cut of my hair and no one noticed. Dad thought something was different with Steve, mum couldn't see it for looking and Ray didn't see a difference either. Thank goodness for sisters, mine walked in and commented straight away. Going by my families respsonse will be interesting to see if people at work notice.

Then it was get ready for the party time, build the bonfire, sort out the food and the booze and then enjoy ourselves. Had good fun, drank too much, ate all the wrong stuff - but hey it was fun. I oohhed and Aahhed at all the fireworks and taught the kids bad habits by trying to toast marshmallows on the bonfire - but hey it was good fun.

Today has to be a better day eating wise, Still lacking on energy, but I have to tidy up - yet again- and get us all organised as I am going away over night, Monday night, to the Crieff Hydro - work thing, won't be fun let me tell you. So need to think about packing and what goodies am I taking with me. Have a few WW munchies in the kitchen to hopefully stop me over eating. Does mean I won't weigh in on Tuesday as I won't be back until mid afternoon and the class is at 12:30. There is a class on Wednesday night which clashes with the boys swimming lessons, but another one on Thursday night which I am hoping to get to - and just see how much damage I have done this week.

Best go get this day started as it is nearly lunchtime and I haven't so much as washed a dish yet - or eaten anything - not good.
Closed Thread