UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 02:31 PM   #196  

Quote:
Originally posted by Smiling Sal
Have just been into the kitchen for some juice, opened the 'goodie' cupboard to see what there was for eating and shut it again after deciding I didn't really want anything. That doesn't happen very often to me - I am amazing tonight.
Carol
xxxx

YO!!YOU ARE SUCH A STAR!!!!!
Its good when we think those thoughts, is it not?

Thank you Peacock for the news of Vanilla coke....it will be good to have something new to tickle the taste buds when it arrives over the pond!!!Shame, but I don't really like lemon in my coke when it has been added by the slice, so I have not bought the "new"coke with lemon variety.

TOB hasn't spat out Delaney yet then? She must taste good....wonder what "flavour!" shower gel Delaney uses. I LOVE the purple imperial leather.......
Old 12-01-2002, 06:09 AM   #197  
Theres no stopping me now

I too like the purple imperial leather.

Steven decided to stay with his Gran last night, so me, Ray and Sean went to the Indian for dinner. They have a buffet night on a Saturday and it was really good and so I was I. I did have wine, I did eat a lot, but I stopped a long time befoe I reached that stuffed feeling. There was more wine at home, but when we got in, I was so tired I went to bed the same time as Sean and slept right through to this morning - so no additional nibbles for me last night,

Just not sure how to 'point' my Indian last night. I didn't have a pudding, I was given the last glass of wine as my dessert ? But I had pompadoms, with spiced onions and peppers, a variation (2 medium platefuls) of meats with a little sauce and some rice and wine. Was going to allow 30 points for the whole experience, as the sauces can be high in cals and sat fat. At the moment I think 30 might be a high estimate, but then in a couple of hours, I'll be kidding myself on that it is too low and wondering if I should allocate 40. Am going to go for 30 - decision made !!!!!!

Need to do some washing today, this house is a bomb site. Yesterday we got some units delivered by Index for the livingroom, 2 out of 3 of them are damaged and need to go back and be replaced. Only thing is one of them is now out of stock, but I can get it at my local store - why didn't I just go there in the first place. Home shopping sucks, when it all goes wrong.

Looks like I am working all next weekend now, I ws trying to keep it down to the Sunday only, but that is not going to be the case, may be able to not go in until about lunchtime on the Saturday, depending on how late we stay on the Friday night. We are moving the office around, so there will be lots of exercise taking place, gotta find a positive reason for being there

Am off to try and persuade Sean to eat breakfast, thing he is full up with naan bread from last night and the sweet out of his advent calendar.

Happy December !
Old 12-01-2002, 06:33 AM   #198  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

I had a huge amount of points last night too, it had been the xmas fayre at school and after being good all day i came home to a huge curry , wine and haagen daaz. Today is another day!! I am off to santas Kingdom at wembley, will have to have willpower from somewhere!! have a great day everyone.
Old 12-01-2002, 07:34 PM   #199  

This starting counting your points on a Friday evening is amazing. I have had a wonderful weekend, have eaten out twice but have made sensible choices about what I have eaten and how I have balanced it out with the rest of the day. I put last nights curry down to 30 points, had lots of goodies and tonight we went to a local restaaurant and I had gammon and potatoes and veg and lots of diet Coke. Think Ray like the idea of me drinking less and driving more. Tonights meal measured up to about 15 points, not a lot in the big picture.

Think I am going to balance out at about 20 points every day for the rest of this week, I am very happy about that I can live with doing things this way. I won't see a difference in the scales for doing it the 'new' way this week, as I've only been doing it since Friday, but I do feel better about the whole weekend thing than I usually do.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:51 AM   #200  

Talking of shower gel has anyone sniffed/tried the Marks & Spencer winter spice one. Bright red and spicey! Lovely! Limited time available though because it is a Christmas thing. They do bath stuff too.

On the subject of flavoured coke I love the lemon coke as I prefer a slice of lemon in it and do not always have a fresh lemon around (except a very green furry one in the fridge!). I think this will be my Xmas drink (with an occasional cocktail).

Well (confession time) I did have a couple of glasses of wine and brandy -no, not together!- at my friend's house this weekend. I don't really enjoy drinking much but thought the brandy would help my dodgy tooth/teeth situation as my mouth is a bit tender. It sort of did but I tend to get an ache in my arms after drinking alcohol.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:07 PM   #201  

Quote:
Originally posted by Peacock
[but I tend to get an ache in my arms after drinking alcohol. [/B]
Is that 'cos the wine glasses are so big, Peacock??
hehehe!!

The M & S winter spice collection is lovely, I totally agree. I bought the room spray and the hand wash and it is a gorgeous rich colour as well.
Old 12-02-2002, 03:22 PM   #202  

No new WW class for me this week. Sean isn't very well, so it will be off to the usual class tomorrow lunchtime, around all the moving. Will just need to make time for the meeting to see what the new 'gimmick' they are introducing. As long as it works, I don't really care what it is.

Have eaten like a pig today, but am still within points. Have a friend coming round with a desk for Sean later, was going to put it in Seans room, but now that he is sleeping will need to just put it in the livingroom, with all the other rubbish!!!

Ray went back to homebase to change our livingroom units, but they are a discontinued stock and we can't get them anywhere - So we are compirsing with yet another bookcase. We may have some furniture back in the livingroom by Christmas.

Have worked very hard today, lots of physical exercise, lifting and movin gand bending. Will all help burn off some of this weight.

Need to go look after my sick wee man. Realised tonight how grown up he is getting, he is only 7 for goodness sake. He sat on the couch and did his homework then told me he didn't feel very well, calmly and sensibly adn that he thought he was going to be sick.

Now though he is watching Chitty Chitty bang bang in my room, he better not be sick in there
Old 12-02-2002, 06:35 PM   #203  

Oh poor kid....hope Chitty Chitty Bang Bang took his mind off things and he feels better in the morning, Smiling Sal. Hope it is nothing you are likely to catch, you are so busy at the moment re-jigging your furniture.

visions of wee Scots woman tossing furniture up the stairs and across rooms as if she were tossing the caber..(sp)
Old 12-03-2002, 05:37 PM   #204  

Hey!! No-one has dropped by to say hi since I posted 23 hrs ago....think I will have to do a roll call

Well I hope you are all fine and Smiling Sal has not caught the lurg from DS.
I am afraid I have been filling my picture files with nice, cold seasonal stuff....hope you like the ones I put up....
Smiling Sal, I hope you had a good weigh-in at ww today, TQ, are you still lost in Santa's kingdom at wembly?Or are you still trying to get all those packages home safely?!

Ta ta for now..get those thermals out ready for the big freeze over the weekend.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:59 PM   #205  
Wahey a loss this wk!!!!!

I am here, I think
Only had time to come on and do my journal today. It's 3 minutes from midnight and I am finally sat down and relaxing. Weigh-in in 2 days and fingers crossed that I'll have stayed same or lost.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:44 AM   #206  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Hi all, time for a quick reply whilst necking my heinz tomato and lentil soup, (my current fave!!)
i am out of Santas kingdom but feel as busy as one of Santas helpers at the mo, still loads of shopping to do and hundreds (it seems) of cards to write!! Weight loss should be good this week cos time is so short i am eating on the run, talk to you soon, be good, TQ
Old 12-04-2002, 08:40 PM   #207  

I have bought all my presents feel free to throw things at me I havent paid for them all yet though HA
Old 12-05-2002, 05:09 AM   #208  

VEGGIE!!! Is that really you come back to us??

Huh! But with news like "I have bought all my pressies!" I think you aught to go into hibernation again.......
Old 12-05-2002, 07:35 AM   #209  
Wahey a loss this wk!!!!!

Veggie I to have bought all my pressies. But having said that I only have to buy for my hubby. So far only 1 item and of 3 paid for
Old 12-05-2002, 03:25 PM   #210  

I am still here and so far I am surviving the dreaded lurgy. Sean is much better, although he still has a cold, but at least he has stopped being sick and his temperature is back to normal. To be honest I am feeling a bit under the weather, but think that is due to the big office move we are doing at work. I stripped all the PCs of one floor yesterday and have lugged loads of kit around the building today. Keep telling myself that it will all help the weight loss.

So I am very very tired and am waiting for Ray to finish tidying the kitchen so I can go and make the boys pack lunches for tomorrow. They usually have school dinners, but tomorrow is the schools Christmas dinner and there is no way they will eat anything like that, so it' smums sarnies for a change.

I have brought most of my presents and have paid for all but 4 of them, just need to buy some padders for the boys, pyjamas, socks, the kind of presents to make the pile look a bit bigger on Christmas morning.

Am being good eating wise but not an angel. Struggled not to buy a bottle of wine in the Co-op this evening, but I walked past them all, evening the nice one with the blue label that was shouting my name. May regret that later this evening, but not bext week on the scales. Just got to keep reminding myself of that.

Once I have made tomorrows lunches, I'm off for a long hot soak in the bath with a good book, my babadas and a large glass of blackcurrent juice - am looking forward to it. Ray will just need to do 'bedtime' tonight.

I went for a swim last night. Sean didn't go to his swimming lessons, so while Steven was having his, I swam backwards and forwards to my hearts content. Have no idea how far I swam, but I was in the water for about 40 minutes. Much more fun than just sitting watching.

Is anybody else having strange taste changes. I have always hated chocolate drinks. But last week I brought some of the Cadburys Highlights for the boys and tried a mouthful myself. Am hooked now. Think I have drank more hot chocoloate in the last week then I have in my entire life so far.

Need to stop rabbiting and catch up with everybosy else.

See you tomorrow
Closed Thread