UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 05:06 PM   #226  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

I hate the slimming industry.......i am not even going to start ...........at the moment it is working cos i am sticking to it wish i could keep it up without the weigh in but been there and failed many times so i just have to part with my cash each week.

Had a great weekend in France, brought too much wine, beer and spirits, not to mention Baileys but Xmas comes once a year!!! Will try not to go mad and become an alcoholic between now and new year. Had some lovely food will have to live on free soup this week, ha h a!! Hope you all had a great weekend. TQ
Old 12-08-2002, 06:00 PM   #227  
Wahey a loss this wk!!!!!

Smiling Sal - ty for wot u said about ww. Have talked it over with hubby and decided that I'll continue as I am. When I get stuck that'll be the time to consider going to a slimming club.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:43 PM   #228  
Phat Chick

Hi all - WW will only be getting my money for a limited amount of time. I think I rejoined just to kick start the loss, as I was following the points programme (to a fashion) on my own. One thing I have noticed this time round is that there are signs up in the meetings saying that you will have to pay for missed weeks. Why should I have to pay for the privilege of not turning up. I would be more likely to let my membership lapse and then wait for a token so that I could rejoin and not pay the membership fee. **** will freeze over before I pay for the missed weeks.

Saw an article in today's Metro...

Four of the bewt know weight loss plans are to be road tested by dieters for a new reality tV show. Diet Trials will track 300 volunteers as they spend six months on Weight Watchers, Slim-Fast, Rosemary Conley and Dr Atkins programmes. Weight loss will be monitored and the most effective approach revealed in the finale of the BBC show, to be aired in March. A spokesman said: "This will be the first programme to comprehensively address dieters' concerns and give them guidance."

Should be interesting....
Old 12-09-2002, 03:48 PM   #229  
Theres no stopping me now

Should be an interesting program BPB.

TQ - send up the Baileys, else I'm coming down for a bottle. That is going to be my tipple on Christmas eve once Santa has been and filled my living room

Teel - I loved the piccie and there I thought I had been shopping incognito as well.

Leigh - As they say if it ain't broke don't fix it. Your current plan is working for you, so stay with it.

I have totally gone off plan for the entire week. I have no chance of losing that last pound to make a stone tomorrow. I have eaten far too much, exercised a lot but I know I have gained, I can see it in my body shape - my tummy is bloated - not much fun, but if I gained it in a week I can lose it in a week - will be hard work, but I am going to weigh in next Tuesday at 15stone 8.5lbs. Goodness only knows where I will be tomorrow. I will know by lunchtime.

Am very tired - again!!!!!!!!! The move at work went extremely smoothly, everyone could access the computer network this morning, which has won me a lot of brownie points. But now it is all done I am exhausted. Think I could sleep the clock round if I was given the chance.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:40 AM   #230  

I have found a low fat Christmas pudding in Marks & Spencer....
it is..
200g in weight

in 100g...cals 270
protein 3.1
carbohydrate 57.7
of which sugars 43.9
fat 2.5
of which saturated 0.9
fibre 4.9
sodium 0.27

you can boil it, microwave it or steam it and it is suitable for vegetarians. I found half a pudding was enough. and it is great for those who don't want a lot of stodge before The Queen's Speech
Old 12-10-2002, 09:24 AM   #231  

Default Xmas Pud

It's funny but now that puddings and mince pies are vegetarian I just don't crave them! Mind you I am happy that there is vegetarian jelly now as I do love trifle! I know you don't need jelly in trifle but still...

I think I will just have a jelly on Christmas day - no pud for me!
Old 12-10-2002, 10:31 AM   #232  

the road test of the diets will have my viewing. it sounds interesting.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:46 AM   #233  

Those diets were on TV before one day - it was the Atkins diet and two people tried it. Although the male had a good weight loss it was agreed that the diet was unhealthy. Dr Atkins lectures aboad luxury cruises so the diet is obviously a money spinner.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:21 AM   #234  

Just to let you all know that I am available on msn messenger. I have had to change my sign in name. I am now on [email protected]. Please feel free to add me. Available most of the day.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:48 PM   #235  
Phat Chick

Peacock - you may be interested in the discussion Stef and I had a while back about Atkins.

Atkins' road tested by Denise Welch and male reporter
Old 12-10-2002, 06:02 PM   #236  

As far as I remember, the male reporter lost 14 lbs and Denise lost 7lbs. They both said they felt very unwell almost from day 1 and had no energy whatsoever...a bit like the feeling you are going down with the flu, I think the reporter said.
They agreed that yes, they had both lost weight, I think it was for a fortnight, but did not feel "well" on the diet and that it was a terribly unbalanced way of eating.
I think I should be sick having to eat so much protein...you could eat meat three meals a day if you really wanted to!

Somehow, I do not think that is the plan for me!!
Old 12-12-2002, 04:24 PM   #237  

Hello - have had a horrible week, after all the stress of working the weekend to complete the office move. On Tuesday the unit which connects the PCs to the network server, dies completely. I mistakenly thought on Tuesday night it was aj ust a power issue, but all the time I was sleeping the unit was failing little bit by little bit. So by the time anyone got into work on Wednesday they couldn't log into the computer systems.

Took me about 2 hours to figure out what was going on and then a further hour to get someone out from Glasgow with the emergency spares. Then they had to come out again today, as half the floor points weren't numbered, making it impossible to finish the job.

So by end of play today, most people could connect to the network, but whenever someone came back into the office and tried to log in, I had to swap their cable with someone who had gone out.

I appreciate that lot, probably means nothing, but it was one lot of stess I didn't need. My knees were sore yesterday after crawling under desks, usually commando under panels and trying to decipher half rubbed away labels. Decided it is character building, there was no point in getting all stressed out about it. Fell asleep at 7:30 last night, not much use for anything. Am managing to stay awake a bit longer tonight.

Eating was really good yesterday, didn't have time to think about food . There was the left overs from a buffet put out about 3pm and myself and my colleague from Glasgow, were 'ordered' to stop for 5 minutes and grab some thing to eat - sound advice. We were that busy we didn't even stop for a cuppa.

Today though, I have been for an indian at lunchtime, had chicken tikka and then a burger king and a cheese sandwich. Think I am making up for yesterday.

Tomorrow will solve all my problems, when the next unit arrives. That should allow me to get eveyone logged in, prehaps even have a connection left over for myself.

Will be able to think straight tomorrow night. I'm taking the boys to the pictures to see Santa Claus 2, should be fun. Am going armed with my WW caramints (only thing I buy from them)

Speak to you soon
Old 12-13-2002, 03:56 AM   #238  

Didn't your company issue you with knee pads then?

Hey this is a sure sign your knees are getting thinner!
Old 12-13-2002, 01:36 PM   #239  

No knee pads. Never thought about thinner knees

No pictures tonight, Steven had his Christmas party at school today and is worn out - his poor old mum is dead beat too. We are going to go tomorrow night - earlyish nights for everyone tonight I think.

Ate well until I came in from work and then I had 3 (THREE !!!!!!!!) packets of quavers, 2 small bits of cheese and a finger of fudge - all in all I reckon that came in about 14 points - some healthy diet - not

Still I start counting my new week at six and since that time I have had nothing to eat, but I have walked nearly a mile round to the shop and then on the childminders and back. Is a very nice night, even if it is freezing.

We are supposedly going to put the Christmas tree up tonight, instead of going to the pictures. Think if I can I will leave that treat for tomorrow, might not be able to get away with it, but all I want is some peace and quiet and possibly a bath followed by a hightlights hot drink and bed.

Have a busy day planned for tomorrow, need to take Sean to football training, go to WW, put up the decorations, go to the pictures, do a big christmas shop, plan the rest (last) of my christmas pressies.

Need to find some energy to do all this - will need a hundred mars bars purely for the glucose, if I feel the way I feel at the moment
Old 12-14-2002, 01:04 PM   #240  

No pictures again tonight - this time I am too tired.

Ray is going out with a couple of friends, the boys are going to bed with a video - they don't know this yet and I am to veg out on the couch in the livingroom with some diet juice and maybe a a couple of glasses of wine - who knows. It is Saturday night after all.

Need to try and find my energy, seems to have ran away from me at the moment. Am even considering having a McDonalds with the boys for dinner and that is sheer laziness on my part as well as a waste of points, as I'll be hungry again within the hour.

Need to go plan a very low point, low fat feast - had a big baked potato with chicken and mayo earlier - not usually my kind of thing, but I ate it for lunch for some reason !!!!

Need an early night, that will get me back on an even keel
Closed Thread