Old 01-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #91  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone!

Ive had a pretty frustrating day today but im hanging in there. Im in the middle of cooking supper so this will be short.

Got part of my workout done earlier, i was planning on doing some yoga after my cardio but i got interupted oh well, i will try and do it later.

Thunderthighs-two cheers for netflix! high fives! now go start your workout

Shan-

And i big HELLO to all our new members...Welcome

ive got to go or my supper will burn, bb tomorrow
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:00 PM   #92  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

wooooohhhhooooo So many people on here posting & so little time to type...First Of all Welcome to all those just starting the challenge!!!

~A big Hello to everyone~

MISSPRISS~hope the rest of your day goes better!!!

Shan~loves ya too girl & loved your qoute for the new year~SO MOTIVATING TO READ!!!

Emileigh~Thanks so much that meant alot to me...I adore my family.
There the best...& COME ON 25 pounds loss for you!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

KDM~WOOOOOT WOOOOOT~CONGRADULATIONS ON THE NEW LOW!!! SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

As for me...A new low of 165.0 ~So exciting...Switching back to my 1400 and drinking more water of a day seems to be doing the trick again! I have been losing great again...So far 5.2 pounds For this challenge...Out of the 7 pounds I was going for. So I am getting close to that goal already...But ya just never know...I may go back up all of a sudden or stop totally again...HOPEFULLY THAT IS NOT THE CASE...Will have to see.

VERY PROUD OF EVERYONE~KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK....Hopefully I can post a little longer tommorrow...HUGS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not checking for errors so please ignore them...In a hurry.My daughter is wanting the computer.

Last edited by Lori259; 01-04-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

YAY LORI!!! You're such an inspiration!!!
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:08 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Lori ~ You're AWESOME!!! Congrats on the new low
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:16 PM   #95  
In the desert...

Lori - you need to set a more challenging goal for yourself, seeing as you do so well with them!

Thundah - it's so weird to me when I hear people say they're scared of horses - and I know quite a few IRL who are. I guess to me, being around horses is so natural that I can't imagine being scared of them. Don't get me wrong - I've dealt with certain horses that made me wonky, but that's more because of their nature than them being horses. Some horses are just batty, but my boy is super gentle and calm - he's a great horse for nervous types. His only downside is he's big and that can be intimidating, but he's a real sweetheart - especially if you have carrots, apples or sweetcorn!

Imadoinit - love your #4 also! I wish I could resolve to do that, but when my husband is away for three weeks at a time, and it's winter, I pretty much let it slide. Unless I'm going to a yoga class and wearing shorter pants - then I don't subject the public to unkempt legs!

KDM - I don't know if running helps belly fat specifically, but it's a great cardio workout and you'll definitely see an improvement in tone in your entire lower body. Plus the satisfaction of doing a 5k run is really cool.

I did a hike with my dad today. We have a mountain bike park near us and hikers can use the trails, though the Parks and Rec department strongly recommend hikers give way to bikers - they go a LOT faster! We hiked 3.5 miles (I wore my Garmin Forerunner so I could track it) and there were a ton of switchbacks so it was a lot of up and down. Felt good though! Tomorrow I'm going to do a short run, then a 17 minute workout that was in Oxygen magazine's Fat Loss special - it sounds like a good at-home strength workout to use when I don't want to do weights at the gym. I figure mixing things up and having gym, outdoor and at-home options isn't a bad thing.

Last edited by julesp313; 01-04-2010 at 09:17 PM.
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #96  
Ready for Change

S/C/G: 216.6 / 208.2 / 116

Height: 5'1

Hey ladies... mind if I jump in?

I'd like to loose 1.5lbs a week. I'll round up and say -8lbs by Valentines day. So far I've been exercising and CCing since the 31st of December and am down 2lbs. Pretty shocked at that and not sure I want to remotely believe it. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow.

Lori - Think positive! And congrats on the new low!!
SNMomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 137/137/115

Height: 5 fett

Got on the scale today at work (dont have one at home) and I am now 143lbs. That is the most I have been since I gave birth ten years ago. I know that to some 143 isnt a whole lot but for the last 16 years I have only had to deal with those last couple of pounds not 30lbs. I'm mad and scared. But my New Years Resolution is not to lose weight but to take action on things that I want to change in my life. Thank you for letting me vent...but I know that I must eat right and exercise to get me back to my regular weight. I can't wait to post that I have lost a pound (or two)!
bilang9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:11 PM   #98  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

awww Just checking back in for a quick sec before bed~y'all ROCK!
SENDING HUGS & LUVS Y'alls Way!

SNmomWELCOME!!!!! SO GLAD YOU JOINED!!!
~I know~I have just always had a low self esteem. I will Add that as another new years resolution. MUST THINK POSITIVE. Good luck with your goal.

KDM~YOU ROCK~THANKS A ZILLION!

Chele615 ~THANKS SO MUCH YOU ROCK 2!

Jules~I haven't lost this good In Months...I am amazed ...If I get to my 7 pounds off I may try to go for 10 pounds off.
I have been lucky to lose 4 to 5 pounds a month the last few months. I AM SPEECHLESS OVER THIS PROGRESS...I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED I just wanna scream In Happiness~LOL ~oh BTW~A HIKE SOUNDS AWESOME!!

bilang~NO PROBLEM VENT HERE ANY TIME~IF WE PUT OUR MINDS TO IT WE CAN DO ANYTHING. YOU CAN DO IT!

David & Lorra....U 2 Have been on my mind~STAY STRONG MY FRIENDS STAY STRONG!

Well everyone off to bed......Soooooooooooooo sleeeeeeeepy

Last edited by Lori259; 01-04-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 264*184.0*145 Sz20*12*8

Height: 5'2"

Lori you are doing great! That little calorie mix up must have really helped last month. I wish you continued success to GOAL. I know you can do it.

KDM, I agree completely with Jules about the lower body. My legs are so much stronger and I thighs are shrinking (thank heavens )

Hello again to all the new members. It is so great to have you here as we all cheer each other on to different goals.

MISSPRISS. You are doing so great. Keep it up!

Quote:
Posted by jdonato
Ok guys, I'm ready to finish what I started. I joined this group because I need support. I've been in this position before...at my weight now....trying to lose the rest and then....40lbs heavier later. Please if any of you can...What do you do or say to yourself to keep motivated, especially when you step on that scale and you see a few lbs increase?
The main thing I can say is step back and breathe. Remember you have to take your time and set up healthy habits that you can continue for life. Because if you don't you will just end up back here again, with a higher weight gain, more frustrated.
I know it helps me to change things slowly. Set small goals. And eventually it will all add up to where you want to be. If the scale is discouraging, don't get on it as often, try once a week. This gives your body a chance to go through all those ups and downs without you seeing then and getting worried. And the best motivator is when you start to put your plan into motion and see results. There is nothing more powerful. You can do this. Stay strong! Good luck!

Well this morning that extra lb is gone so back down to my ticker. I am just going to hang on in there and I am confident I should make goal or atleast very close. I can't wait. It's time to get out of these 200's
Jae165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 193/See ticker/148

Height: 5'4"

jae165, Losing 9.5 pounds over the holidays is superb. Obviously a lot of determination and persistence went into such an accomplishment.

And you, Lori, already so close to your challenge goal. It's such an inspiration that you are continuing this journey and not just resting on your laurels (which 100 lbs plus is amazing!)

misspriss, you too are doing great! I give you credit for your determination to work out and keep going. You have come along way, and the fact that you are still at it shows that you are really making this a way of life.

KDM322, thanks for the encouraging words. I enjoy reading your posts. Keep up the good work.

Now on to work in the cold, Brrr!
emileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:02 AM   #101  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick check in! Hope everyone is doing well!

12/28 - 197
1/5 193

4 pounds down, 4 to go.
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #102  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Default Good Mornin' y'all

Hey everyone! Things are going well- I'm sticking on plan and didn't snack last night when I was munchy. Had a glass of water and went to bed. Figured I can't snack when I'm sleeping!

Although I did have some very weird dreams about India and the Matrix...

The great thing is that I worked out last night and got up this AM to run! I've a 5K on Saturday.

Tonight I'm doing 35 minutes of cardio.

We can totally do this!

(Okay, I'm way too peppy this morning, but this is a great feeling)
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

I got my socks off, thanks for the push!! My feet were FREEZING!!

jules - I had a friend that had an old, sweet horse that she swore hadn't run in years. She gave me some kind of horse food to feed him - I know this sounds really dumb, but, well... I didn't know horses had teeth. Big teeth. I screamed and screamed. Old sweet horse ran. Poor old arthritic horse. It was a red-letter day for everyone. Heh. I like horses in theory, but I don't get very close to them.

Chicks, we are all doing AMAZING! Keep up the good work!
Me, I worked out for 2 1/2 hours yesterday, in blocks. First, some gentle moderate cardio to warm up, then an hour of weights and squats and pushups. Then, much later, an hour of yoga - hubs joined in!! He did not enjoy it, and he did wish the male yoga instructor would "wear more clothing". I am a little sore in the "wings" today, which is GREAT, but otherwise feel fantastic. A little sleepy - I only got about 7 hours last night, which is not enough for me. <yawn>
Today, I'm going to try a circuit routine in my Shape magazine, and if I feel up for it, some more evening yoga. We are not walking this week.
<points at door> It's like, 40 cotton-picking degrees out there!!! <shivers>
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:23 PM   #104  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Hey guys, quick check in here! Ive got my 2yrs old niece today and she is VERY BUSY..boy,i forgot what its like to have a very little one(ive got a little one(4) but he's not very busy) im pooped and its only 1:30,ack!

Thanks for all the kind words, they mean so much...you guys rock!

Im at a new low this morning...can't wait to see what my official WI on sunday will be can't wait to change my ticker

Hugs to everyone and hang in there!
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Wow, the scale is really being my friend this week! LOL I'm down to 186.6...just being in the mid 180s is baffling!! I can't wait to see my mom at the end of the month...living away from home allows my mom to really see my changes...it's great AND encouraging when she notices )

The past 2 mornings, I've made a fruit & veggie smoothie...actually found the recipe on 3FC in the Veggie Challenged section...I don't like too many veggies, so I was looking for ways to get more in...yesterday was a milk, banana, strawberry, & spinach smoothie...then today i did one with alot more fruits, tomato juice, carrots, & spinach! Surprisingly, they aren't gross tasting! they don't look pretty, but they're actually drinkable! Maybe now I can actually get all my servings of veggies every day!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE! I just got off the Recumbent and did some ab/core exercises on The Bean. I've upped my resistence and can really feel it!
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote