S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Yep. .03%
Old 09-18-2007, 11:00 AM   #197  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Morning Ladies~
Just popping in real quick as I got housework and gardening to do today and mowing my backyard. Got in an hour walk this morning, felt good as I picked up the pace today to see how my legs would feel. I get shin splints, I guess that's what they are when your shins hurt?? Anyway not to bad when I picked up my pace.
I'll have to go look at the weigh in totals thread.
Have an OP day ladies and I'll check in later.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:08 PM   #198  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

morning! great job everyone on your losses and maintenance! I'm really proud of us even if we didn't win this weeks challenge against the blue team, if we lost that much weight, we won either way! Keep up the great work! I love the beginning of the week because I always feel so motivated at the idea of a fresh start. haha! We'll I've just got to keep up that good attitude until the weekend. I guess I better get some work done. Have a great day and healthy lunch everyone!
Old 09-18-2007, 02:11 PM   #199  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

.03%. Dang. I really wish I wouldn't have been such a slacker last weekend now...it's ok though...we def have them next week!
Old 09-18-2007, 02:21 PM   #200  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Smile

OK, I'm still confused whether or not we won.. Either way, Great Job Blazing Bluezers!!!! Congrats to Diannawv (sp?). In the end, we will win!!!!

Gonna go see our weigh in thread now. I'm 23 days OP for food and exercise as of yesterday (if I'm counting right. 1st day was Aug. 26th.) Yay!
I've upped my exercise pace and my toning reps and sore fr all that. I hope I'm gaining muscle bc I'm haven't lost in a few days. But not letting it get me down!!! I will just keep going. And don't worry, I'm already down 1.5 lbs for next week so should be at least 2 or so for weigh in!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-18-2007, 02:31 PM   #201  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

Never assume that you've got it made. You can never quit striving. Keep setting more goals. It's okay to have more than one goal at any time; most of us do. You'll find that when you've attained one goal, it will lead to another and another and so on. Life is a never-ending string of goals, so keep raising the bar, jumping over higher hurdles and trying to set new records.

(This is what we do, huh? Set mini goals, reach them and continue to go forward. And it's working. It's a great thing.)
Old 09-18-2007, 03:42 PM   #202  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default Confusion.... solved?

Ok I know that there's a large amount of confusion surrounding the Week 1 weigh in and I'm going to attempt to "come clean" if you will.

Melissa sent me a pm last night prior to the deadline for weigh ins and told me that she was trying to contact a participant by the screen name of Big Mamma that had posted in the Red Team chat thread that she had lost two pounds but forgot to post it on her weigh in chart. Evidently Melissa tried for the majority of the night but could not reach her. Being that she's new to the boards and the challenge, I was asked to make one exception for this week and let Big Mamma's 2 lb loss count in the Red Team weigh in even though it was not "officially" posted.

So because she was new to everything I said ok... but just this one person and this one time only.

It was brought to my attention that some of you are also tracking the weights in advance for different reasons. This is fine and well and if you want to know how each team is doing prior to the "official" postings be my guest. But I ask that you please keep the details as far as numbers private just because some of us like to wait til Monday night or Tuesday cause that's what we are used to.

I bent the rules for one person, and as some of you know all to well, I normally don't do that. Because of me making an exception, it bothered some, others didn't seem to notice. Either way I'm going to fix the situation.

Anyway, to make a long story short and to make things fair and right, I sent Melissa a PM reverting the OK I gave her earlier and explained to her that after long consideration I feel like Big Mamma should have to use a freebie week even though she posted in the wrong area because technically she did not officially weigh in. So hopefully things will be fixed or I will hear something this afternoon.

To make things clear, I have no interest as to who wins or loses the challenge this week. I've spent the majority of the day on this topic and its stressing me out and that's not my goal in any of this. Either way, I'm going to consider this week's weigh in null and void. If need be I will add an extra week to the end of the challenge if anyone wants to make it up in the end.

Sorry about the confusion!

Michelle
Old 09-18-2007, 03:45 PM   #203  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

All I can say is I'm down to 4 humps instead of 6 BOOB humps out of my bra!!! Also developing a lil sumpin-sumpin I haven't seen in quite awhile - ummmm, I think it's called A LAP!!!!

Dreadfully late today gals - just wanted to pop in. STILL haven't got my stability ball set up as my PC chair - on the to-do list.

Tx for being here - even when I don't respond I'm reading and motivated by your Blueness!

Can't wait to see this weeks TBL - also psyched about Survivor CHINA for Thrs - tivo'ing both.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:51 PM   #204  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
Anyway, to make a long story short and to make things fair and right, I sent Melissa a PM reverting the OK I gave her earlier and explained to her that after long consideration I feel like Big Mamma should have to use a freebie week even though she posted in the wrong area because technically she did not officially weigh in.
Yay! Consistency! I like it, I like it!
Old 09-18-2007, 03:52 PM   #205  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

*chellez-aud Posting at the same time MIND-MELD*

For the record - I don't give a flying flipping wahooo about the details of this Competition - just think it's awesome that you and the other Coach have taken the time to put it together and run it!

I'm enjoying the camraderie and hate that you're stressed over a minor cyber drama.

No need to take back your decision and no reason to extend - I think the Bluesies will win so convincingly next week that we won't even think about the WEEK 1 technicality!

RIGHT, BLUESERS?????

Hang in there chellez - no worries!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #206  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I just posted this in reply to the same notice in RED teams thread but I thought it important that everyone see it.

"I'm sorry but people were upset by that is a bit silly. I'm all for a little fun competitiveness, but seriously this should be a FUN thing to help us all move along in our weight loss not cut throat who wins.

This actually makes me sad (and no I don't really care who won this week either) I will stick with this because I made a commitment to the red team but some of the joy has been lost...

I for one and happy for every pound everyone lost and I don't really feel good about this right now."
Old 09-18-2007, 04:07 PM   #207  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Ditto on what Aud said.

Muse~ don't let it get ya down, we'll just move on and all be LOSERS!!

Last edited by Catsgetnhealthy; 09-18-2007 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #208  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

Talking

I say we do add the extra week at the end. Closer to Christmas so I like it! My birthday is Dec. 9th so it would be the day after that if it ends the 10th.

Let us know what you want to do Chelle. Thanks for handling all this. Don't let it get to you. And the girls are right, this shouldn't be so stressful for you. Plz take a breather from it. We'll all be here.

It doesn't matter what the final totals are. It's true, we all lost or did better than last week with something, either eating or moving. We are all going in a better direction.

Just add us together and say that The Purple Team won this week. LOL!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #209  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aud View Post

I'm enjoying the camraderie and hate that you're stressed over a minor cyber drama.
Who is stressed? I don't recall anyone saying they were stressed.

Muse, I understand what you are saying, but hear this out (I am playing "Devil's advocate here):

Let's remember that many people wanted the rules bent for them, (to allow them to join after the cut off date etc.) and it was determined that the rules were the rules, and no one complained that the choice made in that instance was "cut throat", did they?

I think that the decision to stay consistent is the only fair one.

Otherwise, why make it a competition at all? Why not just set up a (loosely structured) "goal" thread and let anyone come and go as they please, take weeks off when they feel like it etc.?

I am sure we all could come up with a valid reason over the course of the 12 weeks to not lose, to not check in, to post elsewhere, to take weeks off and so on.

I hope you understand where I am going with this. In all fairness to those who missed the initial deadline or had other issues, it is just the fair thing to do (sticking to the rules).

I'll post this in the other thread as well.

BEST of LUCK to ALL the teams!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:37 PM   #210  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Lets all just let it go, there is a valid point to both side...just know that because of this the Red team just got a 2 lb advantage for next weigh in. So Blue better kick it up girls!! Congrats to EVERYONE on losses regardless of who won by a measly .01%, if thats how close its gonna be I say lets use that 2 lbs next week RED!! Good luck blue!!

I'll go back to my own thread now LOL...sorry for the hyjak!(sp?)

Sorry..me again...just saw this on the Black thread and thought I'd share it just so everyone can remember what this challenge is all about.......

"WOW, I'm glad we're not in the blue/red team challenge.. they are def. following by the "rules" and getting a lil bent outta shape over there. I'm just glad we're here for each other for support, not so much for "competition"." - black team member

Last edited by Hun.e.B; 09-18-2007 at 04:52 PM.