Utah does indeed ROCK! WTG!

I've stalled.

But exercising like a DEMON!

Hope to see a diff scale # tomorrow.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:05 PM   #272  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Selina- - I have never heard that I look like Faith Hill before, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tim McGraw so I'll take it! He is my all time favorite country singer!
Old 09-22-2007, 05:25 PM   #273  

Height: 5'6''

Ok girls, lets start the crunch/push-up challenge on Monday. If you can't do pushups, then you can just participate in the abs part. Also, please motify the pushups however you need to and work up from there. I know they are hard!! Let's try for 50 abs and 10 pushups each day next week. However, if you are sore, please skip a day, we don't want anyone getting hurt!

I will probably have a gain this week too! I am going to do really well next week though - I am starting to finally get my motivation back!!!

Let's go BLUE TEAM!!!!
Old 09-22-2007, 06:36 PM   #274  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
I gained this week.... I think it was the sushi I had last night...

Here's to hoping for next week!

Make sure you weigh in before Monday at 11:59 pm plz!

I quit eating sushi almost entirely because it screwed up my weigh-ins so badly. When I was doing WW, I would make some that was only 1 point a piece. However, between the sodium and the rice, it would take me three days to get back to normal.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:04 PM   #275  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
I quit eating sushi almost entirely because it screwed up my weigh-ins so badly. When I was doing WW, I would make some that was only 1 point a piece. However, between the sodium and the rice, it would take me three days to get back to normal.
I don't eat sushi, but I had no idea that it could effect your weight that much. I guess it's a good thing that I don't like it. Let's hope some of the red team had sushi this week too!
Today wasn't so great for me. I ate something that has given me heartburn. So I have been drinking lots of water tonight, took some pepto-bismol, had a motrin for TOM (actually, now that I think of it, the motrin could be causing this heartburn..it's a muscle relaxer isn't it?!?), and it's off to bed for me!!
I want to get some extra exercise minutes in tomorrow...I don't think I am going to reach my exercise challenge goal...but some exercise is better than none.
I needed to get out for a jog this morning, and I wanted to go so badly...I went out in the rain.
Have a great Sunday everyone!!
Old 09-22-2007, 10:27 PM   #276  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Hey everyone! I just finished my exercise for the day (night?). I was kinda lazy all day and didn't feel like exercising, but knew I needed to so I managed to get myself into my workout clothes a little before 9. I did the 3 mile WATP (47 mins) and 25 minute weight lifting video. Feel pretty good about completing that when all I really wanted to do was crawl into bed and read. I'm leaving on a business trip tomorrow night for NJ and don't think I'll be able to exercise again until Thursday, so I wanted to get in 2 good workouts this weekend. I'm going to try to get in at 30 mins on the elliptical tomorrow morning. I usually weigh in Monday mornings but since I'll be in a hotel I'll post tomorrow morning. I hope everyone on blue team has had a great losing week!

I had a small personal NSV this morning. I have always hated being in pictures because I have been slightly overweight my entire life, and I just didn't want to see myself in pictures. I refused even more to be in pictures over the past year and a half because I gained about 30 pounds in 8-10 months and I think I was denying that I looked bigger. I remember feeling especially big this past January when I had to buy a dress for my company's "late" holiday party and I had to buy in the plus size section for the first time in my life. I did have one picture taken of me and my BF at the party, but I've never really looked at it. I couldn't remember any other pictures taken of me between January and when I started my diet in April, and I was curious this morning for some reason about how I looked in the picture. I have lost 32 pounds so far and find it really hard to see any change at all in the way I look when I look in the mirror, so I went to the picture to see if I could see a difference. And I will tell you . . . I was SHOCKED! The picture was only of the top half of our bodies, but oh my gosh, I couldn't believe how big I looked in the picture. My face was so full, and my arms were HUGE (I think I was probably in the low 180s at that point which is a lot for someone who is 5 feet tall). I'm still pretty flabby and have a LONG way to go to look toned at all, but wow, I can see a difference from what I see in the mirror now and how I looked in that picture. My BF has also lost over 50 pounds and I can definitely see it in him when I looked at that picture. I'm proud of us inside even though we both have a ways to go.

I know this is kinda long, but I also wanted to mention some more motivation I got this morning. One of my college roommates was also a little bigger like me all throughout college - not huge by any means, but we both had some extra weight on us since I met her my freshman year. She started dieting and exercising and changing her lifestyle late last year/early this year, and I haven't seen her in person for a long time, but have seen pictures of her progress on her website. She has been a great motivation to me this whole time because she has completely changed her body and her lifestyle and it made me feel like if she could do it, maybe I could do it somehow too. Well, this morning I was checking out her website and she posted some before and after pictures (she finally reached her goal.) I must say I was amazed at her after picture. I never thought she was fat, I have always thought she was beautiful no matter what weight she was, but WOW seeing her after photos at her goal weight I was floored. She has totally slimmed down everywhere and looks just totally transformed. I am so proud of her for getting to her goal, and it gives me even more motivation to keep going. It's awesome to read stories on 3FC about how people have met their goals, and seeing their pictures is even better but I love that I can now say that I personally know someone who did it. It makes me smile to know she changed her life to what she wanted it to be, and it makes me want to keep on trudging even though I don't want to sometimes.

Well, time for bed. Everyone have a good night.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:51 AM   #277  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Gotta leave early! I'm down 4.5 lbs! 224.0 this am.

Gonna go post on weigh in thread. barely time for that! bye!
Old 09-23-2007, 10:44 AM   #278  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Well ladies I just weighed in - 155.2 I'm a little disappointed because when I weighed myself yesterday morning I was 154.

But 2 things: 1) I have a digital scale that I don't really trust that much because you can step on it 3 times in a row in about 10 seconds and get 3 different readings, so I'm not sure if I was really 154 yesterday or today or whatever, so I just took the reading from this morning which was 155.2. (I've noticed a lot of people on this website have that problem with their digital scales, but I'm too cheap right now to go out and buy another scale, so I usually just step on 3 times and take the average since the 3 numbers are usually within 1 pound of each other).

and 2) I exercised late last night before I went to bed, and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the extra weight this morning, like retaining water or whatever.

I'm happy that I at least had some lost. I would love to be able to add more loss each week to help the Blue team as much as possible but I've learned the past couple of months that I'm most likely not going to be losing 2-3 pounds a week like I was at the beginning. They say it gets harder to lose the closer you get to your goal, and I think that is what has happened to me. I'm still 15 pounds from my goal, but it has definitely slowed down a lot, so I'm happy to get a 0.5-1 pound a week loss now. Any loss to me is better than a gain at this point, but even if I gain a tiny bit one week I don't quit because I know it just happens.

I hope everyone remembers to weigh in my tomorrow night! Have a great day everyone
Old 09-23-2007, 11:45 AM   #279  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Just a short post this morning, I'll be back later. I weighed in this morning and I'm UP two pounds. It's been a rough week round these parts, so I'm not particularly surprised, but eeeesh. Two pounds.

I'm determined for this week to be better, and hopefully get me back to last week's weight. GO BLUE GO!!
Old 09-23-2007, 01:09 PM   #280  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I've weighed in, too. I was hoping for at least a two pound loss this week, but I had a really bad day Monday and burnt myself out Tuesday with exercise... so I guess a one pound loss is better than nothing! I'm hoping that Week 3 is going to see me ALMOST to the 140s

Keep on keepin' on, Blues! We'll get through this crappy week and on to the next, most definitely better week :-D
Old 09-23-2007, 01:29 PM   #281  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I am sorry to report that I crashed and burned yesterday. It started off with dinner that was at someplace other than what Hubby originally planned. I ordered a great on-plan entree, however, the family wanted an appetizer that I just had to try. Of course, I just didnt have one or two bites...I had several. Then, the restaurant brought a free big warn chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge sauce for Hubby's birthday. Of course, I ate a few bites of that. Then, for some insane reason, I felt the need to get a box of my favorite Junior Mints for the movies. This morning, I woke up with a raging migraine...probably from the sugar. And, we missed out on going to church. The scales are showing absolutely no loss for this week. I am so discouraged and depressed today! But, I'm staying on-plan. Tomorrow is weigh-in, but its not all about the scales, right? This is my life now, so why not get back on-plan.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:37 PM   #282  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Just want to post a reminder for our Blue Team to WEIGH IN BEFORE 10PM tomorrow!! There's a lot of empty Week 2 slots in our thread May be lots of Monday weighers, but we were in early last week, so I'm hoping that we'll all post, even if it means posting a gain. We'll be fine! Next week's a new week.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #283  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

I will be posting tomorrow afternoon. I haven't stepped on the scale in the last couple of days..that has been a challenge for me!! I am hoping for at least 2 lbs down...I have got my fingers crossed. Next week has to be a good week for me, because the following week, we are on vacation, and I know that I will be off-track. But, hey...that's life!!
Have a great last week of September blue ladies!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 07:43 AM   #284  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Everyone and Happy Monday!

Today was weigh-in for me and I went up .6 of a pound. I guess Saturday's day of overeating caught up with me quickly. I'm very aggravated with myself, but I hopped right back on-plan yesterday and I'm determined to lose this week. What is really crazy is my scales show that my body fat percentage went down...from 51% to 49%. The measuring tape is not showing any recent changes, but maybe my body is getting more solid? I can only hope! I wonder what would happen if I started using my resistance bands? Hmmm.

My goals for today and this week: Begin tracking my calories intake again. I'm staying on-plan, but I might be accidentally overeating. Also, I will do 60 minutes of cardio a day. I did workout for two days last week, but that's not nearly enough.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:50 AM   #285  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies! Well TOM came yesterday so weigh-in this morning was up .5 of a pound. So I'm hoping that next week will be a great loss. Today I am going to help in my sons classroom. I am going to hop on my treadmill at home this morning. I have to say I feel wonderful now. There must be some sort of chemical that releases itself right when TOM comes. I mean it's like a on/off switch for me. Well I went grocery shopping yesterday so I am stocked with fresh fruits and veggies and I have tons of lean meat. I feel like I'm back! I really can't stand the way I was feeling last week. My husband made a comment yesterday when I told him TOM came. He said "Thank God I don't know how much more of you I could of handled" and he wasn't being mean I am a *itch the week before, and that is how I know and everyone around me knows it's coming! So today the plan is healthy eating, treadmill, help at school, over to MIL's tonight to help close the pool! I feel really good about this week girls. Let's have a good one! Well that is all for me today ladies! Sorry I don't have time for personals today...tomorrow! I have been reading all your posts though and were all doing great with posting and checking-in!

Have a wonderful Monday! (It couldn't hurt)