Old 09-09-2007, 01:58 AM   #1  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default TBL "FS4" - Blue Team Chat

This is the Blue Team Chat! Keep it clean and keep it motivated!
Old 09-09-2007, 02:18 AM   #2  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Woot! Hello Blue Team! Leave it to the night owl to be up to see our team list posted I'm not usually up this late, but I HAD to check to see who's on my team before I went to bed. I'm glad to see that my good LC buddy Aud is on the Blue Team!

I'm looking forward to being encouraged and helping to encourage everyone on the team--and being inspired by the show!! Let's get some friendly competition goin' on with that Red Team (we can beat 'em! ).
Old 09-09-2007, 03:15 AM   #3  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Okay ladies, as the resident "Big Momma" the pressure is on! I gotta lose!!!

I am looking forward to this journey with y'all! (Thanks again Chellez! )
Old 09-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #4  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning ladies!

Woo am I feeling the after effects of staying up late last night! I still have people pming me saying they want in on the challenge which urcks me cause they can't take the time to read the threads I post with deadlines.... oh well.

I did really well on plan yesterday and I've started out with good stuff this morning. Just for all of you that don't know I'm following Weight Watchers and I'm doing the flex points. I've been off the plan for about 3 months and had up and down weight loss and gain (mainly because we couldn't afford groceries while we were planning the wedding.) So now that the wedding is behind me I have more free time to diet and really get my body back into gear before my 1 year anniversary in August of next year.

I've run this challenge 4 times now so I'm thinking I'm getting pretty good at it. I really wish the admins would make me a mod of this forum so I could make things sticky and locked on my own but I think that I'm supposed to be nominated for moderator. Here's to wishful thinking!

I have a couple of goals that I'm working towards and can hopefully accomplish in this challenge. My first one is also one I'm participating in on the Weight Watchers message boards is the WW Newbie challenge and my goal is to be Hot by Halloween at a 10.5 lb loss. So I have roughly 7 and a half weeks to accomplish that. I also have a goal to lose 20.5 lbs by Christmas. I know my ticker says I want my 10% by then... but I'm shooting for something that's still possibly reachable.

What kind of mini goals do you all have? Would you want to do a mini challenge (like the water challenge) as a Hot by Halloween? Let me know!
Old 09-09-2007, 01:30 PM   #5  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

A big hello to my Blue Team!!!

I'm so excited about this challenge. I find that having a team always helps keep me motivated. I'm not following any specific plan, but I do try to eat healthy, natural foods as much as possible and I count calories, too. I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian, or at least for the time being. I seem to have trouble sticking to that long term, but the only time I'll be tempted is when I go to visit my family during the holidays when I'll be near my favorite Greek restaurant. Anyway, I usually eat around 1400 calories a day, sometimes lower, sometimes higher depending on how I'm feeling any particular day.

I'm so excited to get to know everyone here and also a big thanks to Chellez for organizing this again!
Old 09-09-2007, 01:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Chellez, I'd be up for minichallenges!

My goal is to be 180 or less by the end of the challenge, because that will put me well on my way to 175 by the New Year! I need to get serious if that's going to happen. I'm doing alright lately, but I think it's time to step it up a bit!
Old 09-09-2007, 01:38 PM   #7  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

I'm totally in for any mini goals. Just let us know. I am shooting for 218 by Halloween. My kids and I are sick right now so don't want to eat much, which helps, sadly! Will be glad to feel better tho, can exercise more then.

I love any challenges because they keep me motivated better than one long term goal. So bring them on!!

Glad to be on Blue Team!! Hello to all the team members!!

I'm really bad about my water so I'm in for that too.

I'll be trying to check in daily. I like to stay up to date with everyone.

I wish you all good determination!!! Luck isn't needed.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:21 PM   #8  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm super excited to be starting and I think that having some mini goals/mini challenges are a great idea! I'll start by listing my mini goals!

1. My overall goal for this challenge is to drop about 2 pounds per week, which will put me at my goal weight by the end of the challenge!!

2. Stick to the Atkins food plan by the book, with one scheduled "cheat" day per month.

3. Get at least 20 minutes of exercise daily, even if it's just taking a walk.

4. Get enough water! Drink 100-150 oz/day (2-3 1.5 liter bottles)
Old 09-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #9  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I'm going to try something new and set mini-goals for myself that don't focus on the actual numbers, in hopes that the lifestyle changes will have an impact on my weight, while not being the main focus. That's not a cop-out! I will likely show regular losses in pounds (when I put my mind to it I always do) but I don't want to obsess on that and that alone for mini-goals.

So, here's my plan:

I eat a whole foods, vegan diet and will continue to.

I will do 4 hours of yoga weekly (each 1 hour class includes 10 minutes of abdominal work!!!).

I will do 2 hours of cardio weekly (treadmill and bike).

Those are my minimums and I will likely exceed these exercise quotas after I get into my pattern!

Best of luck ladies!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 07:19 PM   #10  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Hello ladies! I'll start by introducing myself! My name is Christina, but I go by Tina, and I am a stay at home mom of 3! I have a 101/2 year old, 51/2 year old, and a 31/2 year old. I am 28 years old and live in good ole' Illiniois. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 6 years now. Okay about my diet and exercise. I started out at 207 and went as low as 138 and now I'm sitting at 148. I have a big problem with eating. I could exercise until the cows came home, but eating has always been my downfall. I love food! I battle this everyday and it is the reason I go up and down so often with my weight. I started losing weight about 2 years ago and have kept most of it off, so I know I am heading in the right direction this time. I don't follow any specific plan just the calories in vs. calories out! I think this is the 3rd challange I have done, and I have yet to reach my goal during one of them. Now that has nothing to do with the challange or my team, it was me not ready to face I have a serious eating problem. I am ready to face it though and reach my goal weight and move on to maintaining. I have to admit 2 years of this is very draining to me. I am the type of person who needs instant results and as we all know this journey does not give that. I am looking forward to sharing your journeys though and helping you all in anyway I can and feeding off your support to reach my goal. I don't recognize a lot of your names, so I am looking forward to getting to know you all. I check in pretty much everyday...staying at home makes that pretty east for me to do. This really is a fantastic challange, and I think you'll find if you open yourself up to it there is such support and good advice to be given. I look forward to sharing ups and downs with you all, and girls we couldn't of got a better leader...Chellez is the best! So lets have a kick butt first week and just take it week by week and move towards a healthy new us!

Chellez- I am up for any mini-challange! I think the exercise and water ones are really cool...and they help motivate the team. I also like the Halloween challange...whatever though is cool with me! Thanks so much for doing this again!

Well ladies tommorow is the beginning of a new week so lets start it out right! Good luck everyone!

Tina

Last edited by Tina30; 09-09-2007 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #11  
Keep on Walkin'

S/C/G: 320/*Ticker*/130

Height: 5'6"

Hello all! Im so excited to start this....Ive been in a rut lately...too much emotional stuff going on at home....but im over it! Im going to get my butt into gear! I dont really have a specific goal weight for the end of this challenge, just to try to lose at least 2 lbs a week and walk an hour everyday, except for thursdays when I walk 3 hours....This thread is exactly the motivation that I need! I want to thank you so much Chellez for taking the time out of your life to do something that is going to make a difference to so many people! You are truly an angel....and I agree you should be the moderator of this! Good luck to all! GO BIG BLUE!! (sorry I just moved from KY, lol)
Old 09-09-2007, 08:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 293/240/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Teammates, I am so pumped to get started! This first week is looking good. I don't see anything on the calendar that could potentially mess me up so I'm aiming to have a perfect week with eating and exercising. I'm going to commit to getting up early this week to exercise. I'm not a morning person so this is a big one.

A little about me... I'm a stay-at-home mother of 4 and a homeschooling mom. I also have a new little grandbaby. I'm 44 -am I the oldest one here? Lately, I've been reading lots of food blogs and working on making healthy low-cal menus. I just went to Trader Joes for the first time this weekend (one hour away). I spent a ton of money and now have a refrigerator full of good healthy things to try.

I want to push myself these 10 weeks so bring on the challenges!
Go Blue
Old 09-09-2007, 09:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 283/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

1. What would you like us to call you?

2. What eating plan are you using?

3. What do you do for exercise?

4. What is one area you struggle with?

5. Tell us something about yourself that you are most proud of...and it cant be kids or family.

6. Where are you from? *optional*

7. What is your FS4 challenge goal?

I saw that red team had this so I thought we could use it to get to know our team members!
Old 09-09-2007, 09:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 283/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Talking

1. What would you like us to call you? Barbara

2. What eating plan are you using?
Portion Control

3. What do you do for exercise?
Walking

4. What is one area you struggle with?
Exercise

5. Tell us something about yourself that you are most proud of...and it cant be kids or family.
Starting this challenge to become a person I feel good about

6. Where are you from? *optional* Right now I am in Korea finishing up my one year teaching contract but will be back in Utah in Oct!!!!!

7. What is your FS4 challenge goal? I would like to be somewhere in the 250's and start feeling good about myself!

I was reading in some of your other TBL challenges and I totally want to do a challenge....let's get this rolling....and sometimes it might be hard to do a chat with you guys since I am 13 hours ahead of EST but if you guys chat in the evening I should be able to join in......I think that we should get a challenge going!!!! Let's GO BLUE TEAM!!!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #15  
Sara

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5"3"

Woo-hooo! Hello to all the blue team members! I am so looking forward to this challenge. Together we can all get healthier, slim and active!

Just to give you all a bit more info on me...I started with LA weight loss in January. I absolutely love the program, it has not only helped me loose 45 lbs to date but also helped me to understand that in order for me to lose weight I actually have to eat..its what you eat and portions that count. This journey so far has been amazing, although I still have 30 lbs to go to get to my goal weight, I am so dedicated to making this happen and to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
I have been married for 18 years to a great guy and have two beautiful kids.. 12 1/2 son and a daughter who will be 15 on the 15th of this month.I work full time and also have my own business on the side doing bridal hair and make-up. So, I do lead a hectic life but I know I can do this.

My goals for this challenge is to lose at least 15 lbs, to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, to stay on plan and to try to get back into my exercise routine at least 4 times a week and walk the rest of the days.

I will try my best to check in as often as I can.

Chellez- first of all thank you for all your hard work in making this happen once more.I am up for any mini-challange! I also think that the exercise and water ones are cool, as these are two thing if not at least one or the other that we probably all need to be motivated in doing.

Good luck to all of us...we will succeed and we will win!

Last edited by bella mia; 09-09-2007 at 10:07 PM.