Old 01-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #316  
BFF no pain no gain

S/C/G: 148/140/125

Height: 5'1

Default holding down the fart.. oh, I mean fort!!

Haha.. DMC I loved the comment about 'holding down the fart'.. that was great.. and way to go DMC & Onmyway for holding down the fort! you two rock... As for me, ... ugh! Computer went down after a power outage.. everything was lost, and I had to start all over again.. I am not all that computer savvy so it is amazing I am back on this fast...
As for Lindy, she is back to school.. I haven't heard too much from her due to her phones are still off, and internet too. .. last time we spoke she said another week... she does need internet for her schooling.. so, we'll see.. I know she is counting on all of us to keep going... so shall we?

I weighed in today..and I haven't lost or gained.. I guess that is ok.
I haven't been bad with eating.. but I need to get back working out & taking vitamins. just so you know EVERY ounce of free time was spent getting this computer back..

DMC.. how is the Wii ? Do you like the workout?

FYI ... if anyone out there has Comcast on Demand they have a variety of good exercises on demand... check it out!

Has anyone heard of T-tapp?

I'll check in later bff's... oh, and I like the idea's of the Valentine Goal... I think a realistic goal for me would be 5 lbs.. k.

Have a wonderful day.
mytina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #317  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Glad to hear from you mytina. Sorry about your computer troubles. Tell Lindy we miss her and hope she is back on soon!

Never heard of t-tapp. What is that?

I have U-verse and dvr's some exercise classes as well. Better than videos and more variety.

Have a good day!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:50 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 244/200/150

Height: 5'3''

Hello everybody,
I feel guilty for not posting more often...it seems lately that I just fall into bed exhausted at night. Wed peds 13290, Thurs peds - loaned pedometer to husband, Fri peds 11378, and today 6361. I am finding it a challenge to ramp up the exercise...I know I need to view this as necessary and normal.
I am enjoying the Lean Cuisines for lunch and have liked them all except for the salmon
DMC - did you get on your Wii yet? We have the Wii Fit and I do it 2-3 times per week for one hour and treadmill on the other days. Sometimes I will do a dance dvd or walking dvd w/ Leslie for variety. I think variety will help me conquer this pedometer challenge.
OMW - congrats on your minus one this week...so close...you are doing great!
My Tina - I am glad you fixed your computer. I have not heard of T-tapp. It sounds like it would be good.
How do you all like my new ticker tape? Good luck BFFs ...I am going to think of a good Valentines day goal in my dreams tonight and post it tomorrow.
Ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:04 AM   #319  
Learning to fly

S/C/G: 249/198/150

Height: 5`4.5

Mornin ladies!
I`ve been awol alot- I know- I am so swamped lately.
But I read the posts often.

Weighed in yesterday at the gym- down to 201. I`m creeping- but in the right direction-lol. Im not concerned- I think my body is adjusting to what I`ve lost.

My biggest loser contest at the gym end in 2 weeks. I didn`t win, but I did lose 25 lbs in the 3 month. I won 1 week- and got a gift certificate to my hair salon.
A new contest starts after this one ends. I may join again.
Well- have a good Sunday all! Keep it up!!
Terry

Last edited by elfinsnow; 01-11-2009 at 09:07 AM.
elfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #320  
Ready to hit the beach!

Way to go elf! 25 in 3 months is great. Taking it off slowly increases our chance of keeping it off. I am also creeping along. I would really like to get on the scale and see a 3 or 4 pound loss for the week but I doubt that will happen. I'll take each pound one by one. You are very close to the 100's. Isn't that exciting?

Ponytail, congrats on your ticker! Which other Lean Cuisines did you try? I tend to pick the same ones each week.

Happy Sunday to everyone!
Old 01-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #321  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Good morning and so happy to see you all!

I have been bad, bad girl. I went to the gym and did a Kick A** class yesterday but then ended up binging last night. I must have gone over by 4-500 calories yesterday. What is that? Where does that come from? All my hard work out the window over a bowl (or two) of mint chocolate chip...

There is a class at 10:30 Cardio Jam, I will probably go to. Or... I should skip the gym and hook up my Wii!!!! I have to get that hooked up. Or... I should do both. I am a little out of sorts lately. I need to organize my house and my thoughts.

Today, plan on getting some sort of exercise and back on the plan! I have missed all of you! My virtual BFFs.

Ralphs has Lean Cousine on sale for 1.77. I had the Alfredo one with some grilled chicken on the side. That was good. I should have stopped eating then and there!

Okay, today another new day, back on plan, gonna get to that Valentine Goal. I need your help. I seem to be the lacky here!
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:27 PM   #322  

Hello friends,
OMW - I like the lasagna w/ meat sauce, spaghetti w/ meat sauce, and the chicken enchillada. Lately, on colder days, I've been trying the Progresso light soups for lunch.

Elf - Wow, great job... I think that is slightly over 2 pounds per week which is just what you want for long term weight loss. I hope I can follow in your footsteps.

DMC - Do not be too hard on yourself....persevere. A friend told me this trick when you feel a binge coming on....make a list of 20 different things you could do instead of binge (examples - clean a drawer, play the piano, sweep the floor, put on some lotion, curl your hair, write a letter) Put the list in your pantry or beside your refrigerator. Do one of those things before you binge...maybe you will feel great about getting something cleaned, done, played...and feel great about not binging if it worked. You seem like such a great exerciser...how do you motivate yourself when that is the last thing you feel like doing?

I spent the day cross country skiing with my husband and two kids. We had a great day. They were such good sports, always stopping and waiting on dear ole mom to catch up. Perhaps someday I'll be able to keep up. I only hit the snow once, after we passed the sign "Caution, Steep Grade and Curves"

Valentines Day Goal 222

Last edited by Ponytail; 01-11-2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: words too crowded
Old 01-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #323  
Ready to hit the beach!

Hey friends! So glad to hear from everyone!

DMC- Don't be so hard on yourself! You are amazing when it comes to exercise. I like ponytails suggestions about alternatives to bingeing. Take things one day at a time.

Ponytail - Cross country skiing is terrific exercise. WOW!

Went to the movie with my daughter today. Overdid a bit on the popcorn. I'll be on the bike tonight to make up for it. Have a good evening!
Old 01-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #324  

OMW,
How do you like your bike? Is it an upright or a recumbant bike? Does it get your heart beating fast? Sometimes I think a bike would be nice instead of our treadmill.

Valentines Day Goal 222
Old 01-11-2009, 09:44 PM   #325  
BFF no pain no gain

Ok... I will give this a second try.... grrr.. I just typed and was just about done when blam.. it was gone!

Instead of retyping everything I had I am just going to say hello to all... and that you all are doing great! Elf~ 25lbs in 3 months is great!!! Keep up the progress... we tend to think that isn't much, but then we need to remember it didn't get on us overnight,... so we need to give ourselves a break and celebrate our successes!! Dmc~ hook up that Wii.. I can't wait to hear about it! Hello Ponytail & Onmyway!
If you are interested in T-tapp go to www.t-tapp.com .. and to see a little video of it go to YouTube and type in the search engine teresa tapp.. you can also google her name & it comes up with all the exercises... ttap really helps with posture, being aware of how you carry your body daily,..the exercises she has are very unique.. please check it out.. and no, this isn't a infomercial .. haha..... I just have known about ttap for the last 4 years.. and started doing it again.. I am remembering how good it makes me feel.

Okay gals. Everyone have a great Monday! bye for now... p.s. I haven't spoken to Lindy.. but when I do I will let her know you all are kicking butt.. and we all miss her on here.. k..
Old 01-11-2009, 09:48 PM   #326  
Ready to hit the beach!

Ponytail,
It is a recumbent bike. It has grips that take your heart rate so you can see how hard you are working. It also keeps track of time, distance, mph and calories burned. We also have a treadmill so it's nice to change things up. I sometimes pedal backwards for part of my time to work different muscles in my legs. We bought it from our neighbor who rarely used it.

Last edited by Onmyway; 01-11-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:57 PM   #327  

I have a recumbent bike and love it. I do the backward thing too. I usually do 10 miles on it and switch forward and backward every five minutes. It is a pretty good workout and according to fitday actually burns more calories in less time than my workouts on the treadmill. I like to do both treadmill and bike. I also have a Wii Fit and do that some too.
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #328  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Hi all,

Well, I went off and forgot my Ped. today. ;-( Oh well, I walked at my break and do something tonight. Maybe the gym.

Doing good on calories today, but its my night time that a glass of wine sounds too good to resist or a whole bag of popcorn. I really have to decide what I want the most.

talk to you soon!
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:35 PM   #329  

Hello friends,
Had a good day ...11214 on the ped. I talked my 13 year old into doing shifts with me on the treadmill...he somewhat reluctantly agreed. I just couldn't get in the mood to exercise tonight without company.
OMW and Beemer- thanks for the bike comments, I'll have to give that purchase some serious thought.
DMC - good job on the calorie control today. Sounds as if you are back track...woo hoo!
My Tina - I am going to check out your t-tapp website and you tube right now...thanks for the suggestions. I hope Lindy gets back on line soon...the old posts tell me that she was an inspiration and integral part of this group.
Good night everyone.
Valentine's Day Goal 222
Old 01-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #330  
BFF no pain no gain

Hey Pony~ nice going on your steps... I am happy to hear you are interested in checking out the t-tap .. some of the names of the exercises have some interesting names.. but, all in all the t-tap way of exercising really works.. and keeps you thinking all day about the way we carry our bodies (alignment & such) Let me know what you think.

I had a pretty good day.. realized that I am not drinking enough water, we all tend to not drink as much in winter I think. .. so lets remember Lindy's advice and drink our water!!
My Ped. was 10532 today. It was nice and 70 degree's.. a bit windy, but a nice change... almost made me think it was close to spring.
Keep up the good work girls! We can and will meet our goals!