Old 12-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #256  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks girls!. DMC, do not quit! Do you hear me! You will have a Wii fit to add to your program in a few days!. Do not give up now! PLEEEEEEASE stick with it. You have been working so hard!

Tina, congrats on your pound. It all adds up!

Stay warm friends. It is very cold and miserable here!

C
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:14 PM   #257  
Ready to hit the beach!

Lindy,
You snuck in there with a post while I was typing. Glad to hear from you! Stick with it girlfriend. You are the best BFF captain around!

C
Old 12-23-2008, 06:28 PM   #258  
BFF no pain no gain

S/C/G: 148/140/125

Height: 5'1

DMC!! And LINDY!! DO not, ...I repeat.. DO not give up! We all have our weak moments... believe me,... I bought some tamales today.. and I plan on eating one tonight with a Beer! ... and although I don't have a sweet tooth.. I have been having some see's candy... so, okay..we WILL be weak at times.. and we WILL be strong the main thing is to stick together... and stay on the wagon.. do what you can do... and yes, DMC you are so lucky to have the Wii program to start.. I was checking out my neighbors and it is way cool.. I think you are going to LOVE it!!!
I think we all need some of this....

okay,... I will not be getting on tonight... baking cut out cookies...and putting groceries away... and washing the dog (yes, I cranked up the heat & will blow dry her, but she stinks!) ... then maybe some reading of my book "Eclipse"... take care BFF's and stay strong!!!!
mytina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:59 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 244/200/150

Height: 5'3''

Hello BFFs,
OMW I live in Wisconsin where it continues to blow and snow. On a positive note, I am minus one on the scale today. However, I was so tired tonight I did not exercise today and I missed yesterday due to the kids Christmas concert. I made a promise to myself that I would exercise 2X tomorrow.
As we navigate the Christmas holiday challenges lets try to remember "To thine ownself be true" Make good choices BFFs!
Ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #260  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Oh My Gosh, have I really messed up!

You guys, I have been bad for 5 days straight. It has been aweful, i have not been counting and I have had chocolate, noodles, ham, pastry, OMG, you name it, I ate it.

I don't feel good, and I am so depressed. Today my mom is coming for a long visit and it probably won't get much better.

But hear this BFFs. I am going to watch it as much as I can until the first of the year and then I am seriously going to count and in the mean time, I am going to post as much as I can.

Today, I am having black coffee and maybe some egg whites, later its a huge dinner with cake. So.. I will really be careful on the portions. But it will be a high calorie day as well as tomorrow's dinner.

After that, should get better. But listen, I love that you guys are all still here. I am not going anywhere, I promise to be back and even stronger on the new year.

I don't want to blow it all, but there are times when I just won't be able to eat as well, or work out as much. YES, tomorrow, I get to open the "you know what". My daughter doesn't know its comeing!!!! I can't wait.

Its gonna be the new year soon and we can all start recounting and restart my ticker too!!! I don't even want to get on the scale on monday. I will be in Arrowhead anyway! Hopefully skiing!

Thank you all so much. I will post later to tell you if I did okay today, wish me luck!!!!
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #261  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default so far today

I haven't been too terrible.
I had cereal with nonfat milk for breakfast
and I just had a tuna san with FF mayo (but with sweet relish) on low cal bread. I did eat 4 peanut butter balls, covered in chocolate, my downfall. They are gone.

Have to go to airport to pick up mom and then I am making Roasted chicken and stuffing tonight, with cake desert and white wine.

I will try to be good. I have decided to drink only black coffee from now on, as I can't find any cream that is very low calorie, even the SF and FF stuff is high in calorie!

Any suggestions welcome.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:28 PM   #262  
Ready to hit the beach!

Just checking in! Glad to hear you had a pretty good day DMC. Hang in there. Enjoy the holidays and plan to get back on track as soon as they are over.

Merry Christmas to all of my BFF's! We will be traveling out of town for the next 6 days. I will try to check in if I can. Have a wonderful holiday! Hope Santa is good to all of you!

C
Old 12-25-2008, 03:45 PM   #263  
BFF no pain no gain

MERRY CHRISTMAS BFF's!!!!!

I was here yesterday, and typed out a whole bunch.. then right when I was going to click 'post' the power went out.. ... it was out for several hours last night.. (glad I didn't have some big shin dig planned like most ppl do on Christmas Eve).. but anywho~ I had a minute so thought I would send out a Christmas wish.. ..
Dmc~ if you are going skiing, then you are going to burn some crazy calories!!! lucky!
Everyone ... just stick it out! we're all in this together!!

Enjoy!!
Old 12-25-2008, 10:37 PM   #264  
Learning to fly

S/C/G: 249/198/150

Height: 5`4.5

Heyyyyyyy everybody!! Merry christmas!
Don`t feel bad if you`ve slipped some during the season. Think about it- did you eat less than last year? If so- you`ve improved.
I ate sticky balls- alot of them- today. But you know what? It`s the only time this year that I baked. So I overindulged on Christmas Day- it`s only a day. Tomorrow is a new day and the sticky balls will be gone.

I got a collection of gift cards for Christmas- so sweet! I`m going shopping! It`ll be so nice to wear something that isn`t hanging off me again.

Merry Christmas friends! Keep up the hard work!!
Terry
elfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:10 PM   #265  

Height: 5 ft 6ins

Default New Member

Hello Everyone,
I am a new member and I wanted to join this group because I really want to lose weight. I relocated to Texas and I want to do more for myself. Hope I can get some pointers along my journey to a healthly me.
ossiesweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:19 AM   #266  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Hi All BFF's!

Hi all,
I hope you all got what you wanted for Christmas! I opened the Wii and had it up and running in minutes! It weighed me at 142.5, so i am down 1/2 lb. or my scale is off.

Yesterday was bad, consumed mostly wine for my calories. Today, I had WW Cereal and skim milk for Bfst., Lunch is green beans, ham and piece of chicken. Tonight I am winging it, but will keep a journal.

I plan on walking today so that will be some exercise. Yes!!! I can't wait to go skiiing!

have a great day and will post more later! Welcome newbies!
dmc
Old 12-26-2008, 04:29 PM   #267  
BFF no pain no gain

Hey all Old Bff's and New Bff's... !!!
It is a lazy day...(the day after Christmas).. just the way I like it... maybe do some cleaning up & read.. hopefully that will be it... I am feeling a big achey.. ew! but I will kick up my vitamins.
I heard from Lindy yesterday.. she sounds good, and sends everyone her Happy Holiday wishes!!! ( for the newbies) she is the Captain of our ship.. and she is temp. out of internet service.. so we are awaiting her return!

Elf~ what is a sticky ball? lol.. sounds yummy!! and sticky?
Dmc~ Have a blast skiing! you can basically eat whatever you want when you are going to go skiing... that will just melt off the calories! lucky! Are you loving the Wii, and what did your daughters face look like when she seen it??
Onmyway~ & Ponytail~ hope all is doing good, and you are staying warm, the weather is treacherous!
Ossiesweet~ welcome!

Have a great day.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:22 PM   #268  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Thanks MyTina

I can't wait to head up the mountain on Sunday. I plan on doing a lot of snow activiities if I don't run out of money first.

I think after the holidays I will stop drinking so much wine too and that will help with the weight loss.

I ate taco Bell today as well as the lunch I brought, came home and had pretty big dinner with my mom, so that didn't help as well as a couple glasses of wine. Love it, but not so much for the hips.

Okay, tomorrow, getting ready for trip but will try to post.

We have def. got to regroup on the 1st!!!
Old 12-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #269  

S/C/G: 205/200/160

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Hi everyone, I have decided to get on this forum for now...because this is where all the 40 somethings seem to be hanging out...and since I am 48...I am qualified.

I have been overweight for a number of years now....loosing some, gaining some. But I feel that I need to be serious about my weight loss for health reasons. My Dad was diagnosed with diabetes when he was in his 50's...and I don't want to go through what he went through.

Thanks for all the support!
fitredchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:05 PM   #270  
Let's Get Going!!!

Welcome FitRed, we are all in the same weight bustng boat. Today, I had a yogurt and am on my way to the gym, first time since Tuesday and OMG, I have been such a sugar pig the last week. Its been aweful, I always dread my mundane days, but this being the holidays has thrown me for a loop. I almost can't wait until after the holiday to get back to my mundane, every day. Its easier to stay on a diet.

Okay, to the gym, then put away Xmas stuff and then tomorrow, up the mountian I go!!! ;-()