Old 01-16-2009, 07:43 AM   #346  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Friday! Wow Pony, you are up way too early!

My steps for yesterday were 11345. Got a step workout in after school and rode the bike for 20 minutes.

My son passed his EMT registry exam, Yahoo it's the first step on his goal to be a Paramedic. Went out to celebrate at a local sports bar, where they had nothing low cal on the menu. It was my son's choice of where to go so I could not be a party pooper. I ordered a blackened grouper sandwich. Only had half the bun. No fries. Hope I didn't do too much damage but I'll just have to make up for it somewhere else if I did.

Very glad it's friday. It's been kind on a long week. Off school for MLK monday! Yeah!!!!

Have a great day!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #347  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Good morning...

You are up early!! Me too because its my day off, but my DD has to go to school so I have to be up too.

This is my friday off, so this is the start of my 5 days in a row at the gym. We shall see! I have new counter tops coming so I am not sure if that will get in the way of my schedule or not, hopefully not. I need the workouts.

I am a grazer. Its just that simple. I eat all day long, I never let myself get hungry. I eat well, not horrible junk (too often) but boy O boy, can I hoover thru a day!

I am at least not gaining and I think I would be very heavy if I didn't work out, so there is that flip side. But I want to lose weight, so I keep at it. My little girl sees me writing it all down and she put her arm around me and said.. AWWWW Mommy, you try so hard! I do, so I don't understand, my metabolism is just DEAD! ;(

Okay, I am off so no real meal plan, but will go to gym and write everything down and Stay on plan. Tomorrow is weigh day!!! I just hope there are no gains.

I might try going back on WW and counting points. What do you all think. I like it because there are FREE foods and when you count calorie nothing is free. What are your thoughts ladies?

Have a great day, will post more later. Keep going at least we are not gaining and yes, we are here and that is awesome!!!

Dmc
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 244/200/150

Height: 5'3''

Good afternoon everyone,

I did 3 miles on the treadmill & ped reads 10,000 steps already so I am feeling good about that. Today I broke lowfat graham crackers in half and filled them with 1 T of lite whipped cream and put them in the freezer. They are great when I need an 80 calorie dessert (1 square) when the rest of the family is eating practice piano cakes!

DMC - currently I am not on any real eating plan .... just trying to make healthy food choices for three meals a day and 2 snacks a day using knowledge I gained from the old weight watchers point method. I kind of decided as long as I am losing weight I will not count points or calories but when I get stuck or plateau I will start doing one or the other. Today I ordered a book off of Amazon ... I can't remember the title but the author is Dr. Beck and it deals with the psychology of weight loss decisions. Have any of you read it and if so what did you think?

OMW - way to survive the local sports bar...those were good decisions that you made! I will try to do the same tomorrow night...celebrating a friends birthday at a local pasta restaurant. Did you actually leave half the bun sitting on your plate or only order it with 1/2 the bun...I am afraid I would not have the willpower to only eat half.

Good Luck everyone on your Sat weigh-ins. I have to weigh everyday...I can't help it. This morning was good news because I was down 1 more pound.

Valentine's Day Goal 222
Ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #349  
Ready to hit the beach!

Pony,
Congrats on losing another pound. They all add up. Way to go with the steps to. I have a hard time doing more than a mile on the treadmill. I get bored! I listen to music but I usually switch off to the bike after a mile or so.
Good luck at the pasta restaurant. There is a site called dwlz It lists points for various restaurants. Not sure of your pasta place would be listed but it is good to see beforehand how many points or calories something is. I did leave half the bun on my plate. I am finding I can tell when I am full. Ordering half would be a good idea and I may use that strategy in the future.

Will post my steps later. I'm feeling very lazy but know I need to head to the basement to walk or ride!
Old 01-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #350  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Happy Friday

Well, today was my day off and I hit the body blast class. Wow! What a work out. Tomorrow will do it again.

Weigh in tomorrow, I don't expect much change, because I haven't been starving and my clothes don't feel much looser. Oh well, pretty sure I haven't gained.

Somethings gotta give, Maybe one day it will all fall into place huh?

I have to share this story. Today the class was packed and as I was standing in line getting ready to go in, an older lady, I mean upper 60s came in and stood in line, way out of shape. No horriblly obese, but really big tummy and just out of shape. I thought whoa, this is not the class for her. I kept my eye on her during the work out and she couldn't make it... she left early on very wobbly knees. On the othe side of me in the gym was a lady, I see her there all the time. Now she too is in her late 60s, but that woman kept right up. Granted her weights where lighter, but that lady did every squat, every pushup and every thing until cool down. That is who I want to be. I will keep going, even if I don't lose my wieght, just to stay strong!!!!

Didn't wear ped today and probably not again until Tuesday!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:01 PM   #351  
Ready to hit the beach!

DMC, Hang in there. I'm hoping you see at least a small drop on the scale tomorrow. If not, keep at it, your commitment to exercise is amazing. You'll figure out what works. Thanks for the story. What an inspiration, over 60 and hanging in there in a body blast class! I want to be her too!

I do well on the points. I find it fun to find 1 point stuff.

I'm not sure about my weigh in tomorrow either. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #352  
Ready to hit the beach!

I made it! According to my scale at home, I weighed 199 today. I cannot tell you how excited I am! I am really doing this!

Have a great day, I know I will!
Old 01-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #353  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default You Did It! You Did It!!!!

I AM SERIOUSLY HAPPY FOR YOU

Oh my gosh, you are at a whole new level. I am so happy!!! Its like you are pulling this whole team!!! Thank you! I love that you are doing so well, it makes me feel better.

Today, I am at 143. Is that a loss? Is it the same? I am so confused. But its not a gain, I DO KNOW THAT!

I feel pretty good today even after that kick A** class yesterday. I am off to the gym to do another one at 9:30. I think this is gonna be a good week for me. Next weigh in. I think the ramping up the exercise to 4 and 5 times a week instead of 3 is gonna jar my scale!

Again, not counting steps over the weekends but BFFs, you can be sure that I am working out hard! Those classes are not for the faint at heart. I finally feel like the "wings" under my arms are going away! That is good. I have to wear lightweight clothes because I am post meno, but I was so embarrassed a year ago when they were at their flabbiest.

Well, ON MY WAY... you are my hero. I can feel your excitement and can't wait to see what Pony says too! As soon as all the other BFFs get back online, we can celebrate!!!

Wouldn't it be cool to all meet at a resort in Mexico when we all hit our goal weight. Its a dream, but man, what a dream!!:

Have a great day, talk to you more later!
DMC
Old 01-17-2009, 11:24 AM   #354  
Let's Get Going!!!

Okay, mine is a one pound loss, gonna change my little slider thingy. I just feel stuck! LOL
Old 01-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #355  
Ready to hit the beach!

Default Thanks DMC!

Thanks for your post, DMC. I couldn't ask for a better cheering section.
You lost a pound too. You are halfway there! Keep it up.

My housework awaits!!!!!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:27 PM   #356  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Happy Saturday

Tonight me and a BFF are going to the movies, but first stopping for a glass of wine and an appetizer. I will try to be good at the rest, but all bets are off at the movies.

I'm a popcorn junkie and I love it. I love movie popcorn, no butter the best. Maybe I should make some here so I don't eat it there. heavy sigh...

Oh well, worked out hard today, going back for more tomorrow, it will be day 3 of my 5 day work out! I think I am going to really like the new schedule.

OnMYWay... I am here for you... you are doing so wondeful. I am still at it for Valentines... I might just make goal.

By then, we can find a new thread, I will follow your lead, if our Bffs are not coming back. Its a little scary how they just dropped off. Hope all are well.
dmc
Old 01-18-2009, 07:55 AM   #357  

S/C/G: 244/200/150

Height: 5'3''

Hey girlfriends,
Woo Hoo OMW!!!!!! Great job...you are a living tribute to "winners never quit and quitters never win". Keep up the super work. I personally can not wait to be in the one hundred and something club. Your success helps me to believe.

DMC - thanks for the story...it was so motivating and true! I too want to grow happily old and active and strong. Don't forget that you are an inspiration to us and likely many others just like that 60 year old women was to you. I believe too often we think in the now instead of in the future and your story was an important reminder of that to me.

I survived the pasta restaurant/birthday party last night. I ordered diet squirt with a little rum for a cocktail, then a queen prime rib with vegetables instead of the potatoe, salad with dressing on the side, Italian bread with no butter and skipped the appetizers and the amaretto fudge the waitress brought with our invoice at the end. I'm sure the prime rib was full of calories but there was no fish available, only pasta with heavy sauce and pizza dishes.
I excercised for an hour on the Wii yesterday and ate light at lunch...good thing.
Mytina...can you lasso Lindy and bring her back here? Have a great Sunday everyone...I'll check in tonight.
Ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:45 AM   #358  

S/C/G: 205/200/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi all you chicks....this seems to be the forum to be!

I had a weak moment yesterday and bought some ice cream.....not the diet kind. But you know, I had one bowl and felt terrible after....so I threw out the whole container!

Have any of you done that....purchased a fattening food, you know will do you no good...then not really feel guilty, but felt physically sick after eating it?

It's Sunday and a great day for a walk...but I must shovel the driveway and walkway first....we got a heck of a lot of snow last night, and it's still snowing this morning.

Cheers,
Sandra
fitredchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #359  
Learning to fly

S/C/G: 249/198/150

Height: 5`4.5

Hi Ladies!
OMW- great job!! I`m still 2 lbs behind you- but I`m coming.
Fit- yes- I feel the same after eating something fattening. Sickly. Especially sweets. Might be a good thing-lol.
Anyone try the hershey`s sugar free chocolate chips? Taste yummy- but man oh man. I think they are made of exlax!!
DMC- Another lb- awesome! Keep it going!

Ok- Its sunday, my son is home from college, and I am making a good dinner. I better get some cardio in before then,
Have a great day!
Terry
elfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #360  
Ready to hit the beach!

Good morning Bff's!
Glad to see you elf and Fit! Keep coming back to post. I find the support and friendship inspiring to keep me on track. Together we can all do this! It's also great to hear what others are doing and how they are coping with tough situations.

Pony, sounds like You did well eating out. I think we need to indulge a little from time to time, it's about making good choices for the rest of our lives.

Good news here. I got a Wii Fit today! Best Buy had them in their ad so I got there when they opened and got one! Yahoo. Now I have to get my 11 yr. old daughter to teach me how to use it!!!!! I can't wait!

Have a great Sunday!