3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

Old 03-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #556
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

I agree about the suits from Lands' End. I like that they have separates and tops with underwires! It always amazes me when shopping for a suit that the plus sizes rarely had an underwire. I wouldn't wear that little of support under a shirt and a sweater, why would I wear it as a bathing suit for all the world to see! I am also a fan of the skirted bottoms. Helps to cover the dimples!!!! I love summer and being at the pool. I may not be the thinnest girl there but I am going to be swimming over 40 pounds lighter than I did last summer. That's something to celebrate!

CruiseCat, is that your new haircut? It looks great! I assumed from your other avatar that you had short hair, I didn't realize it was pulled back.

School nurse was in to check BP and pulse today. It's part of our Commit to be Fit program. My BP was terrific! I'm psyched to keep on keeping on!
Old 03-28-2009, 12:11 AM   #557

S/C/G: 244/200/150

Height: 5'3''

Holy Cow OMW, I can hear the enthusiam in your words! I've been stuck for awhile it seems. Maybe next week I will see another pound. I've been eating well but slacking on my exercise. I need a kick in the pants.

Spring activities and family responsibilities are taking up my time and I am not making my exercise a priority. I try to do lots of little things during the day, parking far away, volunteering for physical errands, taking stairs, etc. However, I know I am not getting the cardio I need.

Time to commit....action, action, action. Maybe if I keep repeating that word tomorrow. Good night all...

"Persevere and you will win the prize"
Ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #558
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

I'm going to look at the Land's End bathing suits and hope I find something. Here at home it's not an issue cause I hang at the pool nekkid. But I am going to Myrtle Beach at the end of April and I'm sure the kids will want to go to the beach a few times and nekkid is not an option.

OnMyWay - Thank you, yes that is my new hair cut. I'm thinking as I lose the weight I will go shorter.

CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #559
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Pony, those little changes add up and make a difference. Just think, would you have taken the stairs or the elevator 6 months ago? You'll get back on track! Pony, what do you think of letting this thread go and just starting to post in the 40 something monthly thread. There are a lot of regular posters there and lots of great support. Just a thought. We are still in this together, I count on you!

Good luck suit shopping CruiseCat. Let us know what you find. I agree, nekkid is not an option at Myrtle Beach. You must have a very private yard to be able to skinny dip at home! Sounds like vacation everyday!

Have a good weekend.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:12 AM   #560

S/C/G: 244/200/150

Height: 5'3''

Thanks OMW! The 40 something thread sounds good to me...I'll start posting there instead of checking in here. Thanks for all your support and for getting me off to a great start. I'll still be cheering for you and together we will continue this journey!!
Cruise Cat...your haircut looks nice! For fun I took a picture of my face, placed it on an internet hairstyle site and tried on different computer hairstyles about one month ago. Then the kids got in on the action and started putting mustaches on me. We all laughed way too hard for comfort. I'm planning on trying a new style this fall.

"Persevere and you will win the prize"

Last edited by Ponytail; 03-29-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:36 AM   #561

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

hey gals... sorry i havent been in here in a while. glad to see ya'll are doin great. im doin okay... need to jump start my dieting here.... not sure how im gonna do it. im on the southbeach plan... yes it works, but staying away from the sugar is hard. so ive been cheatin lots lately. tim hortens coffee is my biggest downfall... so i made a deal with myself. i drink coffee today, get my fix in, cuz 2moro im starting back with phase 1.... and totally detoxing again, i need it. ive got a little over 3 months till we are supposed to go to California and i tell ya, i aint going fat!!! how much fun am i gonna have feeling like a freakin bubble?!?! im at 211 now... 3 months... come on do the math, whats the most i can lose? maybe 20 pounds?? puts me down around 190... thats still fat and it depresses me... john was on this journey with me, but naturally he gave up... eats what he wants and lost 2 more pounds!! i dont get it. its not fair!! ive lost more than him in total but why is that men can get away with this crap?? damn, i should of started this diet last year. im sorry, im just frustrated, and tired of being fat and feeling like **** about myself. im thinkin of goin and gettin that hydra-colon cleanse... i know its gross but they say you can lose 10-20 pounds!! that would be great!! what do ya'll think?/ let me know and i'll try to check back in here tonight. any more ideas on how to jump start this weight loss, are greatly appreciated!!
love stacy xxx

YOU GOTTA DANCE LIKE NOBODYS WATCHING!!!

for every 5 lbs lost
dreaminstacy67 is offline   Reply With Quote