Old 01-24-2009, 11:37 PM   #391  
Stay Healthy

S/C/G: 152/134/125

Height: 5'4"

Talking happy eating

Hello everyone. I need new ideas for food also. I might buy a book tomorrow and I will share some ideas. Maybe we can all find one new idea and share it so we don't go crazy with the some old stuff. Well I step on the scale Monday. mmmmm we will see. I washed my ped so I will have to buy another one. Everyone seems to be doing so well that is great we are awsome. I have been studying the last couple of hours we have a test on Wednesday so it's all books till then. Well I'm tired and need to get some rest I have a long day tomorrow with studying and the kids. I will check in tomorrow morning. Have a good night.
littlelindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:03 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 244/200/150

Height: 5'3''

Default Hello friends

I hope you are all having a successful Sunday. We need to conquer the next week now...good choices, following a plan, no binges, >10,000 steps, and making choices for the good of tomorrow.
OMW - I am not sure how I would feel if some people went gushing on and on about the weight loss...I think it might make me feel uncomfortable. Some people just don't have a feel for 'tact' or 'when to stop' even if their hearts mean well. Be proud of what you have accomplished for you have earned it.
Mrs. Brown, I second everything OMW said about the hummus. I have also found several internet recipes; it takes about 3 minutes to make in a food processor. I used to love french onion dip and this has been a tasty replacement.
Lindy, good luck with your Wednesday test. I can tell you are really busy.
I purchased a pair of the most awesome shoes yesterday...they are called MBT shoes. They are made for walking or running and have a roller sole. I treadmilled for 3 miles last night. I even ran 3/4 mile. Its like walking on space foam. I think they will really help me...what a difference!

Last edited by Ponytail; 01-25-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:57 PM   #393  
Stay Healthy

S/C/G: 152/134/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello

Hello everyone. Well I did good this weekend. I have the worst cold I'm all stuffed up so eating is not anything I really want to do. LOL I step on the scale tomorrow I think I'm still the same. I think I'm stuck again. I went to walmart to get a new ped and they were all out. I could not believe it. I found a work out plan in the new ww magazine it looks good. You walk for 30 minutes one day with 20 jumping jacks and then the next day blah balh blah I will find it and tell everyone the first week and so on . Maybe we might do it for fun and to see if it will change our numbers on the scale. Well I'm off to bed I have to study tomorrow for sure and get some things done to. Have a good night see ya in the morning.
littlelindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #394  

Hi everybody,
Had a good diet day. Pedometer steps are low so I need to get some evening exercise in. All the news about the bad economy is so sad and depressing. I think I'll try some upbeat music to help me through the workout. Later all ....
Old 01-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #395  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Hi All,

I was a bad girl eating this weekend but a good girl as far as going to the gym. Heavy sigh...

Today, I am back to journaling my calories and DANG IT, I am not going over 1500 if it kills me.

My gym class is off tonight, they are doing some kind of funky class. So I will hop on the Wii.

I will post some of my daily menus where you made a new thread Elf! Good idea. Hi Lindy, good luck in School. Mrs.B, hummus is awesome. Watch it though, garbanzo beans have tons of calories. OnMyWay, you are doing well, and Pony, glad you are here keeping us motivated.

Did jury duty today, no steps! Sat on my bumm all day long. Aweful! ;-) Glad I took my own food though, I was so good!

More tomorrow! I am putting back on my Ped. I am putting it out now so I don't forget!

dmc
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #396  
Learning to fly

S/C/G: 249/198/150

Height: 5`4.5

Feel better Lindy!!
Ugh- I sat on my butt all day too. (Work)
I didnt go to the gym this am- because my arse HURTS. I did a biggest loser workout last nite- level 2. It had umpteen billion lunges in it. OMG! It hurts to sit- to move- to stand... I cant wait to just lie down-lol!!

Hmm- yoga tonight??? We`ll see. Not so sure I could do it-lol.
Terry
elfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:38 PM   #397  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Good Evening ladies!

I had a OK eating day. Got off to a great start. Fiber One bar for breakfast. Smart Ones broccoli and cheese potatoes(4 pts), Clementine ,and Sugar free pudding.
Snacks today: Clementine, WW yogurt, Brownie (Oh well!)
Dinner Orange Chicken and Fried rice, carrots
Total points today 24
Probably not the best dinner for me but sometimes you have to just eat with the family. I tried to keep to a small portion. I will definitely need to head to the basement for some sort of exercise tonight.

I am writing down everything I eat, I am thinking I was being a bit lax in my points so hope this will help me be more accountable.

No pedometer for me today, I forgot, sorry!

It's snowing here, I am really hoping for a snowday tomorrow.
Elf, I know what you mean, only it's my arms. I opened up boxing on the Wii Fit and my arms are killing me!

Glad to see everyone back and posting! You gals are the best! Keep it up!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #398  

Hey everybody,
I just noticed that OMW made it to the one hundreds! Congrats!!!!! When did that happen? How does it feel? Share, share, share because I want to follow in your footsteps. Great job for hanging in there and not giving up!

Today I plan to work, grocery shop, exercise, and watch the biggest loser. I want to pick up ingredients to make chicken panini on my GF grill. Elf posted some nice recipes on her menu thread. Keep up the great work everybody!!!

Last edited by Ponytail; 01-27-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #399  
Ready to hit the beach!

Yeah! I got my snow day today! I'm still in my pj's. It's also my birthday! Waht a great way to celebrate!

Pony,
I crossed over to the other side a week ago Saturday. It feels great but I won't get too comfy til about 195 or so. You never know what the scale will bring! I have not been in the 190's for over 20 years. You'll get there and I'll be there cheering you on. You can do it! I'll be watching the Biggest Loser tonight too!

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:19 PM   #400  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Happy Birthday OnMYWAY!!!

Dear OMY.

I had a good day yesterday and today, stayed around 1500 calories. Today went to my Low Impact and did about 14000 steps. So really good day.

The weight is not my friend. I suck at eating right. Something is wrong with me. I should have dropped at least 10 lbs by now. What gives? What is all this nonsense about metablolism and all that if you work out. Ha!

I am going to have to really REALLY diet in order to get the weight off. I am going to be 49 this year. Pretty soon I am gonna have to post in the 50 forum. WAAAAAAAAA!

If I didn't work out, my arms would look like dimples. I cought that just in time. They are starting to lose that dimply look. I hate having a soft womans body that gets fat and ugly.

Wow, sorry. Had to vent.

okay, I am gonna go get some tea and chillax!!!! ;-)
Old 01-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #401  
Ready to hit the beach!

Thanks DMC! I got another snow day today! 2 days off in a row! Do I sound excited? Yesterday I stayed in my jammies most of the day! I did do some Wii Fit, Today I'm going to do the step video. I baked cookies for my kids yesterday. Not smart. I ate 3. I cannot have homemade cookies in my house. Storebought cookies do not interest me, but homemade...

DMC, Keep at it. You will figure out what your body needs to lose. Your commitment to exercising is amazing. Do you journal? I don't know if that would help. Hang in there.

Have a great day!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:23 PM   #402  

Hello friends,
I did not make my steps yesterday but I did today at 11,077. My family loved the chicken panini on the grill. That recipe was definately a keeper.

DMC, don't give up. Search for something, one thing, that you could change to see if it would make a difference. In some of the other blogs I read where plateaus lasted more than a month, in some cases several months, before further weight loss occurred. Sometimes the blog writers did not even know what they did that made a difference. The one thing I noticed is that they did not give up.... I know you will do this ... keep on keepin on.

OMW - I think having homemade cookies in one's house would be difficult! I am short and my family helps me out by storing their sweets on top of the refrigerator. It helps me to not have to look at them.

I am reading a new book. Today my assignment was not to ever eat anything standing up. I thought it would be easy peasy. Boy was I wrong. When I cook I did not realize how mindless and fast some of my reflexes were. I am going to totally ditch this old habit. Over the years the quick walk by grab of a chip, crumb, leftover, etc. became a silly, mindless reflex that greatly adds to the daily calorie count. Wish me luck...later ladies.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:36 PM   #403  

OK, you guys are just too sweet. I think I need to start taking ginko biloba tablets for my memory....of course I remember that OMW made it to the one hundreds before...the doctors silly scale and all. I was reading the page and when I read what I wrote I went back and looked at the old posts and sure enough...there it was. Can I be getting senile at 45??? Neither one of you said anything....I must be obsessing over getting into the one hundred and something club....forgive me....I want to keep celebrating for OMW!!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:41 PM   #404  
Ready to hit the beach!

Crack me up Ponytail, you are not going senile! We are on our 27th page of posts here, No one expects you to remember everything we have written about! No need to start the gingko biloba yet!

I have had another good day. I seen to be in a pretty good routine and it does seem a bit easier to make the right choices. Some things are just not worth eating anymore. Today at school there was food in the lounge. Homemade soups and desserst. I stuck with my lean cuisine and fruit. It's better to not go in there at all than to have to be faced with all that food!

I did WATP tonight. I like it!

Have a great night. Keep posting friends!
Old 01-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #405  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Hi Girls

I forgot to post that day before yesterday I did over 8000 posts. Yesterday forgot ped and today I just did two gym classes in row. I did a Fit and firm and then a step. I don't usually do step, so needless to say, I was READ FACED when I got done.

I came home and sauteed some bell peppers in PAM and then made some eggwhites with one egg yolk and salsa for Breakfast. Starved. It was good.

So I am going to try to do that ONE or TWO things that might make a difference. No WINE. Gone. No Popcorn because I can't eat just one cup or two. I have to eat the whole bag. I am also going to really try to watch my carbs more closely.

As long as I keep journaling (yes I do ;-) But then at night, I forget and I eat more! ;-) My downfall.

So feel a sense of renewal as this is the start of my 5 days in a row and I am off to a good start. Got my DD mission project done with her and the weekend is mine!!! Yay!

Will post more later, keep up the good work girls and glad you are all here!!:c heer: