Old 01-13-2009, 09:38 AM   #331  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Got the ped on today!!

HI all,
Ponytail, thanks for the Rah Rah!! I need it! Yes, Lindy is very important to the group, so I can't wait to see how school is going and how she is doing overall.

MyTina, I have to check T-Tapp too!

OnMyWay... I know I am probably harder on myself than anyone... but I know I should be doing better!

Yesterday, I went to a cardio jam class. I dreaded it. But it turned out okay. So now I have a great new gym class schedule. Sat, Sun, Mon and Tues. For sure those days. And sometimes a Friday, two times a month. Wow, that is exciting.

Also, plugged back in the Wii on Sunday. Wow, its really cool. I will try to do that as much as possible, but I only have one and my DD loves the golf and bowling! ;-)

I have my food all set for the day and plan on doing well. My worst time is at night. I need a boyfriend!

Okay, off to work I go and I willpost my ped count tonight. Have a wonderful day girls and talk soon!:ch eer2:
Just love those little icons!
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:56 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 244/200/150

Height: 5'3''

Hello everybody,
Well I tried out Mytina's suggested T-tapp and found it unlike anything I have ever tried before. I think it could be named 'cardio yoga'. It really makes you think about your posture during each exercise. Her website is nice in that it lets you try some of the exercises by video. The only problem that I had was with the Hoe Downs...my left hip made this hollow pop with every beat, didn't hurt, just sounded awful. I will use this in the future to add exercise variety. Hopefully I will become more coordinated as the weight comes off. Thanks for the suggestion Mytina.

DMC, just the words cardio jam make me shiver. The fact that you signed up, went, survived, and are willing to commit to 4 days a week is inspiring. I bet those pounds will just melt off. Just think, increased circulation, rosier cheeks, bigger smile...you might even meet that new boyfriend going to and from class.

Later everybody...it is -25 wind chill here...maybe I will lose some weight shivering today

Valentine's Day Goal 222
Ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:04 PM   #333  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Today was a sad day for me. I went to the Dr. and his scale says I weigh 206, not 200 like my scale at home says. I am so bummed, I thought I was almost under 200. Guess that means I started out heavier than I thought, ugh. At the rate I have been losing, it will be another month before I see 200. I have been working so hard and exercising every day. I can hardly bring myself to change my tickers.

Thanks for letting me have my pity party! You guys are the best.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:01 PM   #334  

OMW,
Listen here... You have lost 35 pounds! The weight you started at and are currently at is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things....it doesn't change how much weight you lost in the slightest! Put your boots back on, pull up your war pants, and keep at it. Just think, by Valentine's Day, you will have lost 42 pounds! (and be under 200 pounds no matter which scale you step on)
Old 01-13-2009, 10:47 PM   #335  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Hi Girlfriends...

I agree with Pony! Forget what your doctors scale says, whos do you step on each week anyway.... Dang doctors office, I refuse to step on 'em.

Anyway, today I did really good on my calories and did my Low impact class.
So here is my work out sched:

Saturday - body blast, its weights and core work
Sunday - same
Monday - cardio jam
tuesday - low impact

I walk for my 15 minute breaks most mornings too. So that should help.

I just need to get the eating at night under control!!!!

I also have my Wii to use

Okay, Saturday is right around the bend!!!
Old 01-13-2009, 11:45 PM   #336  
Ready to hit the beach!

Thanks girls, I knew you would make me feel better. I seem to remember having the same chat with Lindy when she bought her new scale back when we started being BFF's! I know it's just a number but it does kind of suck! Ya know!

Forgot my pedometer again today. Had dinner with a friend that I haven't seen in ages. Drank diet coke and coffee, I will be up all night! Eggplant parmesan for dinner, ordered the appetizer serving instead of the dinner so no side of pasta. Also had salad and a roll. Probably not the best choice but at least I didn't go for fettucine!

Have a good day tomorrow friends and I will check in after school.

Thanks again!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:16 AM   #337  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Forgot to post my peds

My steps today are 15239. Tuesdays are always good!

Off to bed, I am exhuasted.

See you tomorrow!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #338  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Hi all,

Lindy where are you? Elf in Snow???

OnMyWay, you just stick with whatever you are doing - you are doing great.

MyTina, stay with us!!! We need all of you!

Got my ped on and will post later.

Go girls, Go!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:17 PM   #339  
BFF no pain no gain

S/C/G: 148/140/125

Height: 5'1

oh, I am not going anywhere. Unfortunately, I feel like my wt. isn't either. I really need to have a kick in the butt and get motivated to do stuff different than I have been... I can do things the same and see no results, but stay the same... or I can/need to shake things up a bit.. a whole lot and then I know I can't help but see results. ... where is my motivation.. some days I just feel blah.. I know we all go through it.. today is a blah day for me...
Changing habits is so hard to do! I just need to do it..

I don't have much time.. but wanted to vent.. so thank you for listening.. I am glad ponytail tried the Ttap! I have seen it transform ppl. if you do it,... of course I never stuck with it consistently so here I am. but, yes, It makes you think about the way we carry ourselves even when not in exercise..etc. very interesting stuff. My hubby is on business in Minneapolis and said it was -23 there yesterday... brrrr.. you must be somewhere in that area.. boy, we are lucky in NorCal.. 70's today.. but also unlucky due to we need the rain BAD.

K off to school..bye BFF's
mytina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #340  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Lol

sorry MyTina but your first sentence made me laugh, I can sooooo relate.
So far today I am at 1200 calories and 1500 is my limit. Yikes, I think I am going over again!

I walked this morning and have my ped on. someone toldme today I look better, but we shall see on Saturday!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:48 PM   #341  
Ready to hit the beach!

Hi friends!

I forgot the pedometer again today. No excuses, just forgot! I think I have come to grips with the scale difference and plan to keep my ticker as it is. Like dmc said, the scale at home is the one I weigh on regularly so that's the one that should count.

I did not exercise tonight, went to middle school curriculum night. My DD is in 5th grade and will go to middle school in the fall. I can't believe my baby is growing up!

It is going to be really cold here tomorrow. I would love to know how many calories you burn shivering!!!!!

Keep going, keep posting!
Old 01-14-2009, 10:40 PM   #342  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Jola

OnMyWay,

My DD is in the 4th. LOL... don't you live in California? Did you have to do the mission project? Are you worried about middle school? I am.

Okay, today was good but when I got home I went way over on calories again. I need to figure it out. WHY can I eat so much?? I have to eat all the time and still very hungry withing 1-2 hours! What is that.

Tonight I ate a LC afredo dinner with a side of green beans and salmon patty at 170. Its not so much the calorie if I didn't eat every few hours I wouldn't have trouble. I need to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks. but that is o hard for me.

My peds close to 7000 today. No workout again until friday! YAY... just walking!

Hope everyone is doing well. Guess what else, the State of California might not be giving income tax returns, we might be getting IOUs! GREAT
Old 01-15-2009, 07:40 AM   #343  
Ready to hit the beach!

DMC,
I worry about my DD going to middle school. I had an easier time with my son I think. (He's 19 now). It's different with girls, at least for me. I pray she will make the right choices and meet the right friends. She is excited about all of the choices and having different teachers so that is good. Oh well, it's still quite a ways off... Oh, we are in Missouri, no mission project, what's that?

As for your eating DMC, you recognize that you need to eat more often. What about veggies and fat free dressing when you need to munch. Or plain popcorn. Your exercise program is great so no need to change that. You will figure it out and the pounds will come off.

Have a great day and stay warm friends!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #344  
BFF no pain no gain

S/C/G: 148/140/125

Height: 5'1

Happy Thursday... and TGIF tomorrow! I am tired tonight. I didn't do my exercises today.. and gosh, I was feeling a bit more 'snackie' today.. that is just not me.. I cannot make that a habit. I am glad I got a chuckle out of you DMC.. and that you can relate..makes me feel better in some weird demented way... I am doing a lot of 'talking to myself" lately.. need to get my mind in the game... what other choice is there... I want to feel good again when I go shopping for clothes..
Ok..enough of that.... I am going to bed. Good night... thanks for keeping me motivated.. you Bff's are so motivated.. I just need to get some of that!
ttfn
mytina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:03 AM   #345  

Hello friends,
TGIF indeed. I've been on call all week and this Midwest cold makes work miserable. My peds were low for 2 days but hit 10,000 yesterday. The kids have been happy because of school closings due to the cold.
It is 4 AM, I usually don't rise until 6 AM. I wonder what this is about? 16 yr old DD has to make a fancy cake for the cabaret fund raiser at school. She wants it to look like a piano. This could be interesting. I will not sneak bites of frosting or cake today.
Best wishes...stay focused BFFs.

Valentine's Day Goal 222