Old 12-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #166  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

I think you are fine with the old scale. If the new one won't weigh your weights there is a problem with it. You have still lost 10 pounds no matter how you look at it.

I cheated and got on the scale today and I lost 1.5 pounds. I was so pumped! I'm not supposed to weigh in til Tuesday but I have no willpower for some things! My goal was to be in the 190's by New Years. I may not make it but I will be close.

Took my son to lunch today at California Pizza Kitchen. Had 2 pieces of a small pizza and a salad. I'm counting the pizza at 7 points based on a website I use with points values for restaurants. I didn't bring home the leftovers. In the past there would not have been leftovers so I am pretty proud of that. I had enough to be satisfied and stopped there.

Will post steps later. I am so gald it is Friday!

C
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #167  
Stay Healthy

S/C/G: 152/134/125

Height: 5'4"

Talking Good Job OMW

Wow that is great 1.5 pounds and you still have three day's to go You just might drop another half or more. I new you would with all the strong will power you have. NO pizza for leftovers Ahh who needs it..LOL You should be so proud of yourself you are doing it and that is wonderful. I don't know if I would keep going if I did not have you gals. Today I wanted to stress eat so bad and I thought of how hard you and everyone are doing and I stopped myself and did a 3mile work out 45minutes and it felt wonderful. I will see what my lovely old scale says on Monday. I'm staying with it I have had that scale for years and it's been good and bad to me. Ok the weekend is here and it's a time when it's easy to forget our goals and go off the deep end into a bag of chips or a pizza. So remember we have worked hard and we are looking good don't do it stay on track plan the meals and think of eachother and our weigh in day I will check back in later. I'm waiting for mytina to give me her steps for yesterday so I can get them posted. I will check in later.
littlelindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:10 PM   #168  
Learning to fly

S/C/G: 249/198/150

Height: 5`4.5

Hi girls!!
Lindy- Stick with ole reliable (scale)- who needs the stress- ya know?
Congrats on the loss btw!!

OMW- woohoo @ 1.5!! WTG girl!!

Well- no gym today. We had to go to work early- snowstorm here and hubby had to plow. (We ride to work together)
I had the worst experiance this morning. I think maybe it was an anxiety attack? I got up feeling shaky and my heart was beating hard. I got ready for work, and finally told hubby I didnt feel right- that my heart was racing and it was hard to breath. He had me put on my heart monitor- and it was 185!! Thats like above what is even safe for me.
So I told hubby the monitor wasnt working, and tried to just breath slow and ignore it. Well- it wasnt wrong. I checked it at work on the treadmill- and it was still rediculous. I was close to going to to the er.
Then it started slowing down. It bounced all day, but never as high.
I didnt have chest pains or back pains, just my heart raced and I was dizzy.
I`m ok now- just shaky and really tired.
I dont know- anyone have anxiety attacks? Does that sound like one to you?

So- not the best day here. Had a christmas party at the bosses house- and I ate a piece of pie. Had salad for dinner though to compensate. I did play on the bosses WII awhile- I got him the Outdoor Adventure for it for Christmas. Good game btw!!
Thanks to my heart acting up I did manage to burn over 2600 calories today though.
Terry
elfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:17 PM   #169  
Ready to hit the beach!

Default Hope you are OK

Elf,
That sounds so scary. I'm glad you are OK. Don't fret one piece of pie. I think you need to follow your plan but still enjoy a treat now and then. You made up for it by eating a salad, that's what counts.

Lindy, I totally agree with you. This group has helped me so much to stay focused on my goal. It's great to have friends to check in with daily and root each other on.

My steps for today 10325.

Have a good night!
C
Old 12-12-2008, 08:58 PM   #170  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Hi all

Elf in Snow, I would be really careful if I were you and don't overexert, how scary! Did you drink Caffiene? Sounds like you shouldn't huh?

My total for today's steps is 10002. Not a great day, but not bad either. I walked straight up a hill and down at lunch time. It was good for the buns.

Tomorrow, gym and sunday gym, so that will be nice change. I love the days I can go to the gym.

I just upgraded my ram to 2gb, so my computer should be much faster. I hope.

Today I had some errands to run, so I grabbed a cheese stick, a small turkey burger patty, and some low fat chips. I haven't counted it up yet, but I know I am within my caloric intake for the day. It really helps to have things to grab and go instead of making really awful choices.

I wish my clothes fit a little looser than they do!!! Looking forward to this weekend and monday weigh in.

Have a great evening all bffs
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:06 PM   #171  
Stay Healthy

Default Good job with the steps

Good job everyone. Elfinsnow you go straight to the ER if that happens again. It's not safe or worth it to chance it. Your heart rate should never be that high and I don't think it's an anxiety attack maybe part of one , but not that high and the dizzyness is from your heart beating so fast. Take your BP tomorrow and see what it is. Monitor it very carfully it might not happen again , but if it does go right away your health is important that's why we are here and we care... I hope you feel better ....
Ok I will talk to everone tomorrow and give our steps... see ya then
Old 12-12-2008, 10:25 PM   #172  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Elf...

YOu better listen to Lindy!!!

Okay, I just found a recipe for mini mushroom and sausage quiches at www.eatingwell.com They are only 90 calories a piece and easy easy easy.

I am going to make those this weekend and also some Banana chocolate chip muffins to use to grab on the go! The muffins will be for my dear little girl, I will try to make some for me with only one or two chips in them.... unless I can work them out to be less fattening. Maybe use applesause or something!

Old 12-13-2008, 09:17 AM   #173  
Stay Healthy

Wink Good Morning

It's the weekend. Ok so for today we are suppose to make tamallie's home made at my husbands mom's so I will take my owen food and make sure i'm full and only eat one (Maybe) I will get on ww and see how many points it is. I have the step totals
OMW 10,325 total 100,868
DMC 10,002 total 101,747
Mytina 9,900 total 54,221
Lindey 13,686 total 180,586
Group total is 437,422 almost half way there. DMC that sounds really good can you give us the recipe? Well I'm going to do my three mile tape before I go anywere today and then take my owen food and I don't think I will eat a tamalli (how do you spell that?) I don't really like them they are either dry or greasy. LOL ELFINSNOW how are you today? Ok my BFF"S Have a good day I will check in later I have to plan my meals for the day. ok keep in touch this weekend and stay strong don't give in and say it's only one or two it all adds up and we are doing this and doing it as a good team. smile and feel good.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:25 AM   #174  
Learning to fly

S/C/G: 249/198/150

Height: 5`4.5

Thanks for the advice girls! I will consider a Dr if it happens again. Hopefully it was just a weird fluke- you know? Just the strangest thing! I was really scared.

Anyways- Those quiches sound so good! they are on my menu for the week now- thanks! Today is menu day- so I`m on the hunt for new and different for the week.

I weighed in for my biggest loser contast this morning. I only lost 1 lb.
I was lower 2 days ago- but I am sure that yesterday`s company party didnt help. I`m 203 now- I`ve lost 42 lbs since July 25.
So- still another 4 lbs to my "Under 200 Christmas goal", and 8 lbs to my "50 lbs by the end of the year" goal. (I knew that was a tough one- 50 lbs in 5 months is a bit too much to ask for. But- maybe I`ll do it yet!)
DMC- Have fun at the gym!! I can`t wait to get there and get moving later today.
Talk to ya`ll later!
Terry
elfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:08 AM   #175  
Stay Healthy

Elfinsnow I'm glad you feel better today. And every pound counts I'm in my fourth week and it's hard to drop in the fourth week that's what they say on the biggest loser. What happened on the show if you watch? Ok have a good day and I will talk with you later
Old 12-13-2008, 10:59 AM   #176  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default 90 Calorie Mini quiche, makes 12

These crustless mini quiches are like portable omelets. Turkey sausage and sauteed mushrooms keep them light and savory. Small and satisfying, they're also a good finger food for your next cocktail party.

Makes 1 dozen mini quiches

ACTIVE TIME: 30 minutes

TOTAL TIME: 1 hour

EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy

8 ounces turkey breakfast sausage, removed from casing and crumbled into small pieces
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup sliced scallions
1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
5 eggs
3 egg whites
1 cup 1% milk

1. Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 325°F. Coat a nonstick muffin tin generously with cooking spray (see Tip).
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Add oil to the pan. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to the bowl with the sausage. Let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in scallions, cheese and pepper.
3. Whisk eggs, egg whites and milk in a medium bowl. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each cup.
4. Bake until the tops are just beginning to brown, 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Place a rack on top of the pan, flip it over and turn the quiches out onto the rack. Turn upright and let cool completely.

NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per quiche: 90 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 105 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrate; 9 g protein; 0 g fiber; 217 mg sodium.

TIP: A good-quality nonstick muffin tin works best for this recipe. If you don't have one, line a regular muffin tin with foil baking cups.

MAKE AHEAD TIP: Individually wrap in plastic and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, remove plastic, wrap in a paper towel and microwave on High for 30 to 60 seconds.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:02 AM   #177  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default I hope you enjoy the recipe

I haven't made them, but they are on my list. I like anything portable and low calorie. These sound different and I am getting bored too.

I am not sure how to spell Tamale? I think that's right.

Everyone is doing well, last night I was sooooo hungry. I ended up eating a chocolate rice cake with just a thin spread of PB on it.. It was awesome with a FF SS Mocha drink!

I wish the lbs came off quicker, its a bit discouraging!!!

Have a great day, more later
Old 12-13-2008, 03:09 PM   #178  
Ready to hit the beach!

Thanks for the recipe. That sounds really good. Everyone is doing a great job. Thanks for continuing to post. Sharing recipes and being there for each other is really a big help for me.

Went to Sam's club this am with a friend. Found some Multi grain Sandwich thins. Calculated as only 1 point. It looks kind of like an english muffin. Can't wait to try it. Will also hit the grocery later, I'm running low on fruit. We are supposed to get a big ice storm. Think snow day!!!!

DMC, don't get discouraged. Slow and steady, you will have a greater success in keeping it off. (Isn't that what you guys have told me?)

I'll check in later.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #179  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Thanks OMW!

This is why its good to be in a support group, we all need a little support once in awhile.

I had a pretty good day, stuck to the routine. I just had a glass of red wine, hey, its saturday! ;-) I figured it around 100 calories.

So... still within my range, but man o man, it doesn't come off as fast as it should and that is just the way it is... difficult reality.

Tomorrow I start the 3rd week, I feel slimmer, a little, but not a lot! OH well, could be worse. I know the scale is going down!

What is really bad is the realization that my clothes are not bagging yet??? What that means is...I WAS REALLY POPPING OUT OF THEM AND DIDN'T REALIZE IT! YIKES!

Talk to you tomorrow BFFs. I am really starting to feel the heat!

Heavy sigh!
Old 12-13-2008, 09:25 PM   #180  
Stay Healthy

Wink another good day.

Hello everyone... Well I did ok today I had cereal for breakfast, a bannanna and two oranges, a smart ones five points, and One only one small tamale. Then I had baked corn chips 14 are 1 point on ww 120 calories and salsa and a 1 point ww bar I had four glasses of water and two diet cokes. No beer we had a big family get together and made tamales. I took my food with me so I would not much and it's funny everyone ate my baked corn chips instead of the regular ones they were not even open. Then I told everyone and they said they really liked them. The kids shared my oranges with me. So I stayed in control and my father in law who never has anything nice to say told me that he can tell I was dropping the weight. I know in October I wore a pair of my husbands levi's I think they were 32 waist and today my son has a pair he never wore and does not like and they are 30 waist. so I'm loosing? is that the right spelling? anyways the weight and inches. I'm not going to work out tonight , but I will do the three mile tomorrow and tomorrow night the two. I step on the scale Monday morning so we will see Ok off to watch movies I have to pick my daughter up at the school at 130am wow I hope I stay awake or she calls me mmmmmm I will set the alarm. I'm kinda upset with her she did not call me the whole time she has been gone? What to do ? kk see everyone tomorrow morning.