Old 01-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #376  
Stay Healthy

S/C/G: 152/134/125

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm back

Hello everyone how are you doing. Wel I'm back online finally. So I will be on more often and I hope to give support and get it back. You guy's or I should say gal's are great and I missed you a lot. I will read the past forum's to catch up. Well Off to bed I have to get up at three thirty to get to school. Talk to you tomorrow. Lindy
littlelindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #377  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Just checkin in

Not a lot to report. It felt good not working out yesterday or today, but I will def. pump some iron this weekend for sure. I will feel really strong now that I had a couple days off.

BUT... I have eaten like a horse. I haven't felt well, and when I am sick, I eat. I know, most people are the opposite, lucky me! ugh.

Still here, still thinking of you all and wishing you all the best. Will post some steps tomorrow.

I wish we could post menus, I really need help in that area!
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:40 AM   #378  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Hi BFF's!
It's Friday! Yahoo! Glad to see you checking in. Lindy, I admire your dedication to get up at 3:30. If I did that I'd have to go to bed at 7 p.m! It will be worth it to finish your degree! Glad to hear you are back with us!

DMC, I agree about the menus. I feel I am in a bit of a rut and eating the same things. I could use some ideas.

Pony, good luck finding the right shoes for you. Yesterday I had to take my car in for some work, While I was waiting I walked down the street to Borders. I did not have the best shoes on for walking and my feet were killing me! Keep up the good work with your steps!

Have a great day!!!!!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #379  

S/C/G: 244/200/150

Height: 5'3''

Good to hear from everybody,
I would like to work on menus too. It is easy to get in a rut and eat the same thing. The scale has been kind to me this week and it seems like the weight is coming off faster than it did the first 3-4 weeks. I know it always won't be this way though.
The weekend is almost here. I am glad.
Ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #380  

S/C/G: 171/171/135

Height: 5'3"

Hello,
My name is Sharon and I would love to join your community! I really need some support and someone to hold me accountable. I started my diet again today for the millionth time and I feel like this is the time to finally do this! I have an 8 1/2 month old daughter and I am STILL trying to get rid of the weight! I am doing WW on my own and I go to Curves three times a week. I'm trying to get some form of exercise in on the other days, but sometimes that is hard to do. I am also taking an online course and I have two teenage boys to taxi around to their activities.

I'm hoping to make some new friends and I really need the weight loss support!!
LuckyMrsBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #381  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default HI all,

You got it here Lucky, we will be happy to have another join our group. Just try to post as often as you can and let us know how you are doing it.

OnMYWay, I had a WW meal with chicken strip and a glass of wine tonight. Not sure the scale is going to befriend me tomorrow, but I did get a complement from a girl at work that said I look better! So that meant a lot. This beautiful girl is almost 6 ft. and I could be her mother, in age, not looks. It was nice of her.

Pony, what do your menus look like. I will try to post some ideas this weekend.

I am working on my D's 4th grade California Mission project this weekend, but I should be able to find the time.

Totally forgot my ped today. I am really getting lazy with that thing. No ped on the weekend, tomorrow I start day 1 of the 4 workouts in a row. I can't wait. I feel strong, I might pick up some 6 lbs weights tomorrow to work out with!

Have a great night, good luck to us weighin-ers tomorrow!
dmc
Old 01-23-2009, 11:17 PM   #382  
Ready to hit the beach!

My pedometer for today 10846. I had a pretty good day. Hoping to see some downward movement tomorrow. My clothes are feeling looser. People are noticing I am losing, sometimes it makes me proud, other times I am a little uncomfortable with the attention. Several people kept going on and on about how much I have lost. Almost to the point where I feel worse about what I used to weigh. Does this make sense?

Welcome Lucky, hope to see you continuing to come back and post with us! A baby and teenagers! What a gift. My kids are 9 years apart and it has been a wonderful thing!

I'll be on tomorrow with my weigh in. Think positive girls!
Old 01-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #383  

S/C/G: 244/200/150

Height: 5'3''

Welcome Lucky,
This is a wonderful supportive group. I have found it to be a very helpful incentive to boost my exercise. Please join us and tell us strategies you have found helpful. Strapping a pedometer on the top of my sock has been helping me monitor.
OMW - How did you do with your food journal and 45 minutes of exercise Wed, Thurs, and Fri? I made myself go out and treadmill last night at 10:30 PM just to get over 10,000 steps in for the 5th day in a a row. I feel good that I accomplished five days in a row of this.
DMC - I think its a good idea if we all post a 3 day sample menu. Maybe it will help us give each other new ideas. Yesterday I had my first bad binge since I started this last December. I don't know why. I opened up the freezer to eat one of those 1 square graham cracker/whipped cream square thingys and before I knew it I had eaten 5! Then I got an emergency call, quick downed some hummus and baked crackers, and out the door I went. I skipped supper last night. It worries me that I don't know why I felt I had to do that! The good thing is in the past it would have been cake, chips, or a mindless sandwich. I am back on track today. Dr. Beck's book arrived yesterday...maybe there will be a strategy in there to help.
Good luck on your weighins everyone. I'll post a menu later.
Ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #384  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Whoopsie!

I gained one pound. Actually, I am not surprised even though I worked out like a fiend last week. I ate a l little more than usual. I was also sick and sedentary a day or so.

Pony, that is the kind of Binge I do! EXACTLY.

Okay, this is a new week, we have new ideas (post menus) and new member and old friends back on track. I am going to diet like the fiend I am at the gym this week! That should do it.

Off to the gym at 9:30 to do a body blast class (my favorite), I might actually stay for an extra half hour to walk. Maybe.

Okay, back on later to post 3 days of my menus from good days. I can't wait to see what everyone else is doing.

One of my downfalls is popcorn, I can eat a whole bag, even when its no butter, its not so good.

Back on later. Good luck ONMYWAY!!!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #385  
Ready to hit the beach!

Default Stayed the same!

Oh well, this happens to me alot. I think I'm doing well and then I stay the same.

I kept track of what I ate the end of the week. I think my problem may be carbs. I tend to eat pretzels for snacks and 1 point bread with my dinner. I am thinking I will try to limit them this week to see if that helps boost my loss. I may need to snack on carrots instead for crunch. I have exercised everyday and did 30 minutes of Wii every night this week plus the treadmill or exercise bike each day. I'm not sure what else to do. Any ideas?????

Pony, don't be too hard on yourself, we all lose control now and then, what's important is that you get back on track today.

DMC, keep it up with the exercise, you inspire me!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll post menus later too!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #386  
Learning to fly

S/C/G: 249/198/150

Height: 5`4.5

Hi! I`m glad you mentioned menus-I`ve been dreading making this week`s.
I am going to start a new thread in the 40`s section for menus. Maybe we can get some new ideas. That would be great- I get in a rut.

Congrats on your losses everyone- keep it up!! OMW- dont get frustrated! Youll get there. I`ve been stuck for a month at the same numbers, so I know how you feel. I`m going to shake it up and try something different.
I started yoga a week or so ago, loving that. (Biggest loser dvd- $10 at the grocery store)
I had my final weigh in in the biggest loser contest at the gym. I won 3rd place. I get 3 free aquamassage sessions.

The new competition starts next week, and I am back in again. I want to lose 30 lbs by the end of May. I can do it!! We get a nutritionist this time, a physical therapist, a trainer, and daily motivation, workouts, and challenges.
I`ll share my tips and stuff with you ladies if you want.

Anyways- look for my menu thread and post some ideas!!
Terry
elfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #387  

Hello,

I have a silly question!!?? What is hummus? I've heard of dieters eating it and I've never seen it. Where do you get it...what part of the grocery store? I'm assuming it's good for you?

First day of dieting went well, second day still going well. We usually go out for dinner with friends after church on Saturdays, so I hope I'll be able to find something on the menu that isn't too terribly bad for me!

Sharon
Old 01-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #388  
Ready to hit the beach!

Mrs. Brown,
There is no such thing as a silly question! Hummus is a dip made of garbonzo beans. It is in the deli, refrigerated. It's great with chips or even veggies. Also makes a good spread on sandwiches or wraps instead of mayo. I buy it at Trader Joe's also, they have it in a variety of flavors.

Good luck dining out. Try to make good choices, watch sauces and go for dressing and stuff on the side!
Old 01-24-2009, 09:56 PM   #389  

Onmyway,

Thanks for the info on hummus. I'll have to look for it next time I'm at the grocery store.

I had a salad at the restaurant....but it probably wasn't the best choice. The dressing was already mixed in. Oh well...tomorrow is another day and I will get right back on track! I'm going to get my pedometer out and see how many steps I take.

Thanks again!!
Old 01-24-2009, 10:36 PM   #390  
Ready to hit the beach!

Mrs. Brown,
We shoot for 10,000 steps a day. That's equal to 5 miles. It's amazing how quickly the steps add up doing what we do normally.

I had a pretty good day today. Spent some time with the Wii fit this am. I ordered a WATP dvd and it came today. I am going to try it out tomorrow. We did go out with friends to a mexican restaurant. I had a shrimp dish with red chili sauce and a salad. No rice and I tried to go easy on the chips and salsa. Luckily I have a whole week til I weigh again!!!

Good night!