Old 12-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #271  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Default Hi Bff's, old and new!

Hi friends! Hope you all had a very merry Christmas. I am visiting family and will try to check in when I can. Not sure if there is a scale here!!! Welcome to all of you new friends. This is a great group. We are here to cheer each other on, listen to each otehr vent and celebrate successes together. The more the merrier!

I have tried to be as good as can be when visiting with someone. I'm really just trying to watch my portions and walk when I can. As long as I don't go overboard I should be ok.

DMC, can't wait to hear about your wii fit. I plan to get one now that the rush for them is over.

Hang in there girls!!!

Last edited by Onmyway; 12-27-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #272  
BFF no pain no gain

S/C/G: 148/140/125

Height: 5'1

A quick check in... glad to hear from everyone...cept' Lindy..

I am taking down the tree & decorations today. Hopefully, things will start getting back to normal. I haven't been exercising..;O just a lot of reading... I haven't really ate too crazy either. ok. well off to get the house back to normal.. have a great day girls...

Last edited by mytina; 12-27-2008 at 04:18 PM.
mytina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #273  
Let's Get Going!!!

A quick note before we head off to the mountain. Didn't go to the gym today, I had to take my mom to Urgent Care to make sure she is okay, she pee'd all night long. They said everything looked normal, but I just wanted to make sure.

We are packing up now. See you next friday, be good. ;-)
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:04 PM   #274  
BFF no pain no gain

Hey Bff's .... well, it's Monday...! time for me to start thinking (haha, thinking) about 'getting going' again... I haven't left the house in 7 days!! I guess that is what happens when you don't live around family & all your friends live 2 days away.. well, today I am going to venture out to the mall to take back a shirt, and run a few errands! I will weigh in tomorrow, but I don't expect too much .. I haven't done anything to make the scale move down. I hope Dmc is having fun skiing... I have never been, but it sounds fun just burning calories like crazy! Onmyway~ I hope you are enjoying your visiting with family... Lindy tried calling me this morning,but I missed her call.
To all the newbies that joined~ we usually aren't this slow, but things have slowed with the holidays & everyone having 'things to do'.. cept' for me. haha.. It will pick up soon, and then I will have a hard time keeping up with everyone... Okay, well enjoy Bff's & never give up!
Old 12-31-2008, 11:48 AM   #275  
BFF no pain no gain

Happy New Years Eve Everyone!!! ( was that an echo I just heard?)

helloooooo?

I miss hearing from you all. Enjoy your Holiday's!
Old 01-01-2009, 10:12 AM   #276  
Learning to fly

S/C/G: 249/198/150

Height: 5`4.5

Happy New year all!!!!!!!!
Hope your 2009 is healthy, happy, slimmer, and fun!
(((hugs)))

I didn`t make my 2008 goal- I weighed in at 201. (My goal was under 200) But- starting at 245 in July I think I did pretty good.
New goal- 175 for summer.
That is like 5 lbs a month- so even with my busy life these days it is doable.

I`m still at the gym 4-5 times a week, using my WII alot, and now I got 3 biggest loser workout videos. Love them!! They are tough - but great.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday!!
Terry
elfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #277  
Ready to hit the beach!

Greetings Friends!

Got back home late last night. Finally weighed myself today and I lost 2 pounds since my last weigh in! YEAH!!! I hoped to be under 200 by the new year but did not quite make it. I am close and will be there soon so I'll just keep plugging away. Welcome to all of the new friends here. Hope everyone had a great holiday! 2009 will be a life changing year for us if we stick together, support each other and work hard! We can do it!

C
Old 01-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #278  
Learning to fly

S/C/G: 249/198/150

Height: 5`4.5

Good Job OMW!! So close to goal.
What is your next goal?
elfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:28 PM   #279  
Ready to hit the beach!

Thanks Elf!
I'm going to shoot for losing 10 more by Valentine's Day. I am hoping to be at my final goal by summer but I do better if I can break it up into smaller chunks! We'll see.

C
Old 01-03-2009, 12:44 AM   #280  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Happy New Year!!!

Well, I am back from the mountain and I must have gained back 5 lbs! But I am not sweating it because I know I am resolved to get back to it!

My mom is still here, so it is really, REALLY hard to eat as well, but now that I am home - I rule the roost!

My fridge is empty, so tomorrow, going to stock up on all my healthy, low calorie things, yogurts, fruit, veggies, and lean protiens.

going to try to make it to the gym in the morning, but I feel bad leaving her here, she is going home on sunday, so I think I will take her shopping here.

I want to start over starting tomorrow, so I will post my new weight in the morning and I will have my weigh days be on saturdays!

Glad you are all still here, time to get back to it!!! I missed you!
DMC
Old 01-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #281  
Ready to hit the beach!

Welcome back DMC! Glad you had a great trip. Enjoy the last bit if time with your mom then back on track! Happy New Year!
C
Old 01-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #282  
Dtrmndtosucceed43

S/C/G: 249/249/135

Height: 5'2''

Hey, everyone. I have been AWOL for probably over 8 months, now. I gained everything i had lost right back, too!

Looking for encouragement, support and to encourage and support others!

Michele
Dtrmndtosucceed43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #283  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Glad to be back!

Thanks OMWay! Welcome all newbies and returners!

So.. it is really hard having a vacation with an elderly person but it is worth it. I have worked so hard, cooking, caring and cleaning! What a messed up vacation. Next time, I go alone to a mexican resort! For sure!

But she is here one more day. Today we had to go to the market and she walked off, came back with a bunch of pastry. She tried to hide it. She is so cute. Old ladies love that pastrie. She then had a french roll and told me to make her tuna san on that when we get home, while I had it on ww bread.

I can see some major differences in eating style. I hate to cook for people, hate it. My DD is used to my cooking and makes it easy.

I am counting today anyway. Back on track. Feeling a bit depressed, but once I feel some weight come off and back to my own life tomorrow, I will be much better.

How is Lindy, ElfinSnow, OMW and all my BFFs?? Did you get all that you wanted.

Oh.. weighed in at 143 today. So at least I didn't put any weight back on, That just proves I am losing REAL weight!!!

Check in tomorrow and Lets stick this out!!
Old 01-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #284  
Let's Get Going!!!

Hi My Tina!!!

Missed you too!!!

dmc
Old 01-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #285  

S/C/G: 244/200/150

Height: 5'3''

Hello everybody,
Glad to be back after the holidays. Most of the time I was good, however, I had a few slip ups like some others. New Years Eve - how many calories are in Bailey's Irish Cream? DMC - how do you like your Wii fit? My biceps are tired from boxing My husband and I enjoy trying to beat the kids records. My Mom also gave me her old pedometer. I logged 3700 steps the first day I used it. I don't know if it wasn't working or if I am really that bad. I plan to play with it a few more days to see. Are any of you going to try any different strategies for weight loss during the upcoming months? I also signed up to run/walk a 5K (3.1 mi) on the Stinky 5K forum so I need to get on my treadmill, complete it, and submit a time to the forum.
Quitters never win, and winners never quit.... don't give up BFF's! Working toward a goal, even if it seems slow in coming, always feels better than going back to "not caring".
Ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote