Old 01-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #361  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default HI Everyone!!

Pony, glad you could relate to the story. It is something I think about every time I go to the gym. Just try to stay strong.

FitREd, Welcome! And yes, I have done that MANY times. The last time was when I bought some Nutella. I never tried it so I bought a jar. OMG.. after the first couple of tablespoons I dumped it down the sink under water and freaked. I will NEVER buy that again! Danger!

Elf in Snow, HI THERE BFF. Missed you. Made of Xlax, you sure do make me LMAO!!!!

On MY WAY... I really like my Wii, the more you do on it the more little exercises will open up for you and the longer your sessions and reps will be. I don't get on it enough, but with my gym, i am good. We sure do love the golf and the bowling though. I hope you love it.

Okay, off to the gym today, day 3 of 5. Feeling pretty good. Gonna make myself do a cardio class today and tomorrow, actually tuesday too. The schedule isn't the greatest for me, because I can't rest my muscles in between, but I do them when I can!

Last night had wine and popcorn and that was it. Didn't eat much of the appetizer, cause it was awful. So I am sure I am On Plan for the weekend so far. SO FAR!

Have a wonderful day and I will check in later!
dmc
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:27 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 244/200/150

Height: 5'3''

Hey BFF Pals,
Welcome back Elf...hope you keep checking in. You are the next one we can cheer into the onehundred and something club!
Welcome Fitred...I am a rookie and have found this to be a warm and wonderful group. I hope you enjoy posting here.
OMW - I am glad you have Wii Fit. I am the hula hoop queen in my household. We have had lots of good family fun during these cold winter weeks. The aerobic section can really pick your heartrate up after you unlock some of the longer times. Lots of laughs with the Wii Fit. I look forward to hearing your comments.
DMC - Way to hang in there on the cardio blast. My daughter runs cross country at her high school and she has a t-shirt that says "Pain is weakness leaving your body" That is what your sore muscles represent! The weakness is leaving and the strong, lean, mean muscles are taking over.
On a personal note, after I posted this morning I looked on Fitday to see how many calories the prime rib that I chose last night had in it. I would have guessed about 600. Guess what, 14 oz Queen prime rib had 1100 calories!!! Next time I will give half to hubby. Today I was a good girl, 1100 calories total, 10355 steps.
Keep up the good work everyone. We are all winning!

Valentine's Day Goal 222
Ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #363  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Pony,
1100 in the prime rib! OUCH! I would have guessed about 500 or so. I guess that's why I have had a weight problem most of my life!

We are enjoying the Wii fit. We have all tried it out. I spent about 40 minutes on it today and rode my bike and did a Biggest loser DVD. I am looking forward to being off school tomorrow for MLK.

Welcome Fitred! Hope you keep coming back to post. We are here to encourage one another and to learn from each other.

Have a great evening everyone!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #364  
Let's Get Going!!!

"The weakness is leaving and the strong, lean, mean muscles are taking over." Pony, I like it. I will remember it! My arms have been killing me, but the last two classes were cardio. Today is a low and pump, so hoping that will be weights. This is day 4 of 5 and tomorrow is low impact.

I know that each week will be a little differenent based on scheduling but it should work out.

Finishing up my daughters report today after I get back from the gym. OnMYWay, we are off today too! YIPPEEEEE!!! It was a nice 4 day weekend.

Doing pretty good on the food front, I do better during the week though when I have my food with me and not a whole fridge to choose from and keep coming back too.

Well, off to the gym. Have a great day and more later! Keep posting it really helps to have lots of other reads!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:25 PM   #365  
Stay Healthy

S/C/G: 152/134/125

Height: 5'4"

Wink i'm back

Hello everyone ... I sure have missed everyone a lot. I will be back online this week to join back in. I have stayed true to my diet and healthy eating and have lost more weight. I would have been back online last week , but the school messed up my money i was suppose to get so it's delayed by a week or maybe two.? i'm back at school this is my third week. it's going good. I hope everyone is well and doing good. I will have to catch up on all the details of everyone when i get my internet on. I mise all of you and i will be back don't give up on me. Have a great day...i will check in tomorrow .
littlelindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #366  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default We won't give up on you!!! We missed you too.

We are here!!! We know you are busy. I did my bach. online too, so I know what you are going thru. It will get easier as soon as you see the pattern of the routine.

Promise!
Old 01-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #367  
Ready to hit the beach!

Welcome back Lindy! We sure have missed you! Congrats on losing 17 pounds. That's terrific! Can't wait to hear how everything has been going for you! Now if we could find mytina?!!!!

I did the Wii fit this morning. I am really going to like this. I'm planning to ride the bike again tonight.

I've done an Ok job eating so far today. DMC, I also do better when I am at work and don't have access to the pantry. Why does this have to be so hard?

Gald to hear from everyone!
Old 01-19-2009, 11:33 PM   #368  

Default Good Evening Friends

I am glad you found your way back Lindy...I am looking forward to your future posts and learning more about your success strategies.

OMW - you are turning into an exercise goddess like DMC! Tell me your secret.

DMC - tomorrow will be day 5 of 5 on your new exercise class....way to conquer!

11461 steps today, I had a 64 calorie chunk of chocolate...I noticed it took 12 minutes on the treadmill just to burn 64 calories...wasn't worth it. Did good the rest of the day and evening though.

Here's a question for you all...what is the skinny image that you see yourselves doing in your mind when you reach your goal weight? I have two....one is purchasing a bright new red dress and wearing it out on a date with my husband... the other one is wearing a skinny pair of blue jeans with a blue jean jacket and my western boots while training my horse. Silly, I know, but keeps me going.

Valentine's Day Goal 222
Old 01-20-2009, 04:31 PM   #369  
Stay Healthy

S/C/G: 152/134/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello

Hello everyone. Well we are doing so good. School is ok so far this is my third week. I have clinicals on Thursday and Friday's i leave my house at 430am and travel one hour and fifteen minutes to get to nogales hospital. i get home at three. i have lecture all day Wednesday from 830am till five. So I study the rest of the time. Well everyone i have to go lots to do. I will try and get a bike for in the house this weekend so i can ride while I watch t.v. Does anyone have one.? I want one that counts miles, calories, ok gotta go I might not be on tomorrow with school and all. Ok see everyone. Remember we are ahead becuase we started before everyone else .... See ya..
littlelindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #370  
Ready to hit the beach!

Hi Lindy,
Your schedule sounds busy!
I have a recumbent bike I ride at home. I bought it from my neighbor. It takes your heart rate and tells calories burned, mph, time and total miles. I would check out craigslist or try the classified for used ones. Most people buy them and just don't use them.
I had a good day. I'm already at 7000 steps and I still have to do the treadmill later. I'm also planning to spend some time on the Wii.
Have a good evening, and it's good to have you back Lindy!
Old 01-20-2009, 06:42 PM   #371  

Good evening,
7250 steps and have to treadmill or Wii tonight yet. I had a Healthy Choice steamer for lunch today. It was pretty good. I listened to our new presidents speech on the radio at work. Later everybody....

Valentine's Day Goal 222
Old 01-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #372  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default It was an awesome

speech. I listened too. Very good.

Anyway, I am getting ready to go to the 6:30 low impact. I didn't have my ped. on today, but will have it tomorrow. Sorry. I thought I lost it, and it was in my purse!

I am so not wanting to go to this, yes, number 5 in a row class. But I don't have to work out again until saturday, but might do Wii in between.

If I can just keep doing 5 classes one week and 4 the next and then rotate, I am sure I will see more results. I am getting REALLY sick of counting calories and haven't journaled for a few days, but still not over eating too badly.

Like I said, somethings gotta give! ;-)

Glad to see you all posting, see you tomorrow with peds.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #373  

Default Hello friends,

It's Wednesday! Let's finish the week strong. Make yourselves a short Thursday, Friday goal and just do it! I have two days in a row of over 10000 steps...I am going to make it five days in a row.
This group is really helping me to stay on task. There is something about typing the words that motivates me to into "action" as opposed to just "thinking or wishing". For this I thank you all.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:05 PM   #374  
Ready to hit the beach!

I agree Ponytail! Who would have thought that talking online with a bunch of total strangers would hold me more accountable!?!?! I really appreciate everyone's dedication to keeping this thread going! My goal for the next 3 days...Journal everything I eat to see if I can find a way to increase my loss. I seem to be slowing down. I also plan to get at least 45 minutes of exercise for the next 3 days. We can do this together.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:35 AM   #375  

OMW - Those sound like great goals! I am sure the scale will move... you sound like you have been very disciplined. I made over 11,000 steps yesterday. I think I am going to visit the Good Feet store this weekend. My orthodics are giving me blisters on the inside arches of my feet. Last night I stopped in the middle and put adhesive tape on my skin to slow down the rub. Maybe a cushier sock would help? I've had these orthodics for years (flat feet) and never had a problem, in fact, they have really helped my knees. However, I have never exercised this routinely before.
There, I am sure complete strangers really want to know about my flat feet!?!? The crazy things you type on this internet......