Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-10-2018, 07:12 AM   #136  

good morning again! just got up a few minutes ago. will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:35 AM   #137  
Warrior Princess

I'm way late to the party! I hope everyone is doing well.

I admin a large FB travel group so that takes up a lot of my computer time and then I forget to check in here. Forgive me.

I'm still going to the gym but I've really ramp'd it up, it's really the only way I'm going to get back down to where I want to be. At my age cardio 5 days a week minimum is imperative so I mostly run and sometimes do the StairMaster which is brutal BTW. I'm really starting to notice a difference. My running time is faster than it's ever been now that I'm taking the proper meds to control my panic attacks. I went on Zoloft a year ago and never had another attack since. Thank God. I'm really making progress physically and mentally and that's the best feeling ever. Some of you may or may not remember how much I struggled with Anxiety disorder but I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I tried Celexa years ago and it made it worse so I was really scared to try another SSRI again but so glad I did. I think Zoloft does make the weight a little harder to lose but that could be in my head. Who knows but the benefits outweigh any possible negatives. Next is slowly cutting back my other meds that are no longer necessary. Baby steps.

Anyway, all is going well and I will try to remember to check in more. Back to the gym today and Sunday is a rest day. I wish they'd quit messing with the clocks, we're going to lose an hour tonight and I have to work tomorrow morning.

Last edited by novangel; 03-10-2018 at 08:37 AM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:46 AM   #138  

welcome back novangel! just had breakfast. will go for a power walk in a few minutes.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:52 AM   #139  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

An update from yesterday: Yesterday morning, when I got up, my tongue was still burning quite a bit. I made a couple changes. One was that I had used up the avocado oil from the day before and yesterday morning I used EVOO for making my omelette. The other change was that I didn't use the sugar/stevia combo for my coffee, I used sugar. I have some sugar in the raw packets that I used. This way I am not depending on myself to make good decisions, LOL. I just used one packet per mug. So, like I said before I didn't make any changes to my meal plan from yesterday. Things are fluid and changing and I don't want to stress over it all too much. So anyways, I noticed some improvement yesterday morning. Yesterday at lunch (afternoon) I had melon instead of the usual apple. But the improvement was already noticeable. This morning, there is only a bit of burning on the tongue and overall no noticeable facial swelling. I normally use EVOO and I was just trying to use up the avocado oil. So, I'm not sure what to think about that. Is the avocado oil a problem? I'm thinking the stevia/sugar combo with the actual stevia being the problem. I have used the stevia/sugar combo for a few years but the "flare ups" have been going on longer than that. ETA: I just looked and August of 2015 I changed to the stevia/sugar combo. I don't like changing too many things at one time since you don't actually know what the issue is. But here I am. When I eliminated the cinnamon/turmeric I showed a lot of improvement. But after that initial improvement, I didn't see any additional improvement. But after the change yesterday, there is a significant improvement.

So does anyone have any thoughts on this and where the problem actually is? Of course, time will tell if I have any additional flare ups. But I can say that my lips, mouth, and tongue haven't been this normal in years. I feel like my mouth and lips are at least 90% healed. I can't believe that this is just a "good phase" for me and the angioedema. But I guess, time will tell. Is the problem tannins? If so, where does avocado oil or stevia come into play? I just wish I knew exactly what the problem was.

Also, prior to this experiment in the last couple of weeks, I have literally felt like I had a lot of inflammation and swelling in my body. I'm not feeling like that right now.

ETA: I also welcome comments about my situation from people who are just reading this thread. I appreciate any additional insight that I can get.

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise Commuter Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 188.6
No Change

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 10

1 Peter 3:14
But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled.

If the example of Jesus teaches us anything, it should be that suffering is a noble and good thing when it leads to a better way. Our diets are definitely the source of suffering, but there is great blessing awaiting all who stick with them. God has promised special blessing to those who keep courage in the face of suffering and don't give in. Losing weight not only makes us look and feel better, but it draws us closer to God and His divine plan for us. Our suffering is not in vain. It is all to the glory of the Lord.

Today's thought: I will fear nothing, as long as Jesus is with me!

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-10-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:57 AM   #140  
Trying to live below 200

Novangel Welcome back. I am so glad to hear that things are going well for you.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:09 AM   #141  

will be going for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:08 AM   #142  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone
WI up .2 167.6 but like granny no solid waste movement here
Just a quick fly by as DH and I are taking a last minute road trip to the ocean for the weekend and be back Sunday night....everyone have a great time
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 12:10 PM   #143  

good afternoon! just got back from power walking to the recycling center. rode home with my cousin and her daughter. will power walk to lunch in a few minutes. will also run more errands.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:03 PM   #144  

Hi all
Hope you are having a good Saturday.

Novangel, good to see you.
Lost 1 lb of the weight I gained earlier in the week.
Feeling HANGRY. But not giving in to the feeling. Going to stay on track. I had a lovely sample of orange chicken when I was at T.J'S. other than that, straight and narrow.

Hope to write more later in the day
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:19 PM   #145  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

I had an unexpected "test" today. Everything was going good today, like I had mentioned above. The best in many years. So my friend and I went to Panera. I ordered my usual salad but had my ranch instead of their dressing. I also ordered my usual apple. When I got my salad there were 2 avocado wedges. I didn't think about it because that's what I usually order. I thought hmm, what to do. I decided to eat the avocado. I ended up eating the apple, too. My lips started getting redder before we even left and my tongue was burning. We left there and went to a store. In the parking lot my friend said that I had a ridge around my lips (swelling). But as the day went on it improved. I just googled: https://sciencing.com/do-avocados-turn-red-8753009.html I didn't realize avocado was high in tannins. There you go. Maybe I can eat some of these foods again in time.

Total Approx 1525 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (550 calories)
Green Goddess Cobb Salad with Chicken 550 calories

Dinner (715 calories)

Amy's mushroom risotto 240 calories
small hamburger patty 200 calories
roasted cauliflower 75 calories
shared w/DH a single piece of white cake w/white icing 200 calories

Exercise

1 hour swim
Old 03-10-2018, 10:28 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up

HI guys.

Today was a birthday party so it was an up day, but not a normal one because I tried to keep it lower @ 1200. I was going to try to get in another fast day this week. I could possibly do tomorrow and allow myself 700 kcal. That way I can go have coffee at church and go out to eat with my boys and eat veggies, chicken and sushi.

Anyways, had a good but stressfull day, my car is in the shop..

Granny, congrats on your new low!!!!!

Diana, ugh, another of my favorites. I speak peace to your body concerning the effects of tannins. Avocado? Stevie doesn't agree with me, so I don't use it and avoid it like most non sugar sweeteners

Novangel, one lb down is awesome!

Ciecie, how fast do you powerwalk, sorry if you posted but I got lost in everyone's posts

Terri, flower: since matter (mass of weight) is neither created nor destroyed but transferred from one state to another, the weight changes HAVE TO BE EXPLAINED. Yes, exercise tears down muscle, the fibers are rebuilt THICKER than before, and the process takes water and causes swelling. Fat takes up space. A lb of muscle DOES NOT WEIGH MORETHAN a lb of fat but TAKES UP TWICE AS MUCH SPACE. The fat cells are destroyed during a caloric deficit and the space where they were fills up with water, it takes days or even weeks for your body to release that water and tone up the previous fat area.(Google the whoosh effect). I'm personally sick of the scale

Nancy, have fun on your roadtrip!

OK goodnight dears
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 11:54 PM   #147  

jendiest, I try to walk at a speed of 5 miles per hour. I power walked to and home from church tonight. ran an errand on the way home. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:18 AM   #148  

Red face MARCH 2018 Slippery Slope

Hi Everyone,

Decided to get in a second note tonight.

Jen, I wish I was one of these people who would decide to eat healthy...and 6 months later jump on the scale and discover I'm down 20 pounds, but it doesn't work that way with me. I NEVER forget to eat...

I am pretty good at ordering small amounts of food at a fast food restaurant. I rarely eat more than half when I go to a nice restaurant. But buffets are a problem...And desserts at home are a problem...

I messed up today. A family member brought in thumb press cookies and I ate 3...and later I had another one. And I had two bowls of Greek food--mostly tabouli, a chicken snacker wrap, and a small hot fudge sundae. Nyahhhhh! The good news is that I am not particularly hungry.

I don't like jumping on the scale after these events.

I did get to the gym. I went to a different Y that has new equipment. I used a cross ramp for 10 minutes and recumbent bike for 20. (I got there right before closing time.) This equipment is really nice...there is a flat screen tv in front of you and you can select what you want to watch.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:15 AM   #149  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I am unsure of the stevia, since I removed two things at once. For now, I will use the sugar in moderation and go from there. I can test the stevia to see how it goes with that, later.

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise Commuter Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1525 +
Weigh In: 188.2
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 11

Genesis 28:15
And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.

When I was little, I just hated to be alone. I was afraid of being by myself. When my family got a dog, it made my fear go away. There was never a time when I was alone again. Just having some other presence with me made a huge difference. Now that I'm grown up I still have a constant companion who will never leave me alone. That companion is God. No matter what I do, I know I am not alone in the endeavor. My diet is no exception. When I feel the most alone, I just rely on the support of the Lord, and He gives me strength beyond measure.

Today's thought: God helps us to be the best we can be!
Old 03-11-2018, 08:23 AM   #150  

good morning! i'll have breakfast and go for a power walk in a few minutes.