Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-06-2018, 08:06 PM   #91  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:

JS Flat Abs Walk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H8i...8bDXC2N3&t=25s

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-06-2018 at 08:06 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:39 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Good evening, I finally got my 10,000 steps in with my new watch, am under on my calories for the day so I am pleased. Hope everyone had a good day.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:46 PM   #93  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

well all I almost made a bad eating choice this evening, and would have strayed off plan but willpower got me through so right not I am baking some chicken and will put some Franks Hot sauce on it for dinner instead of the dreaded papa murphy pizza LOL
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:06 PM   #94  

Good evening
Toaday I had a slip. The thought process that tripped me up is a familiar one. This time it was that I lost 3 lbs in 2 days (mostly water weight). So I can afford to go off for one day. Typical thought pattern for me.

Calories are around 1500.
I feel certain that I will reach my goal weight by April 13th. Even if today's slip caused a gain.

I hope you all have a great .Wednesday.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:26 AM   #95  

good morning! will shut down in a few minutes to go to bed. fell asleep watching the green mile on amc. will be a very busy day here.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:10 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning. 190.0 bounce up but I knew it before I stepped on the scale. Feel a bit bloated today and not really sure why.

Yesterday I ate 1134 and only walked 6686. It was cold and rainy and, honestly, I did not have it in me other than that first walk. Today there are no excuses. The plan is to walk at least 12,000 steps and do some stretching. Today's target is 1200 calories with 36 grams of fiber. I really wanted cheese today but I like my average sat fats below 10g a day and right now my average is about 12 so. No cheese .

I almost lost it yesterday. I was hungry after dog training and it was cold and wet and the ad for hot dogs, chips, and a drink on the gas pump was calling me in. OMG that is disgusting food to feel compelled to eat! Then I get home and DH is making some mini pizzas that I got for the grandkids - also really not that great compared to what we are eating. It was a real challenge to resit that stuff but I did and I feel good about it. I celebrated by eating two prunes. LOL.

DH came home with a ton of fennel because he *thought* he got a good deal on it. He did not. Yikes. I like fennel but it seems we may have a fennel marathon. At least it is a GREAT natural source of potassium and fiber. I always dread it when he buys food.

Diana, glad your experiment is working
Apanda, my logger only comes off when I shower or need to charge it anymore. I feel naked without it.
Flower, great for the loss and I have that same problem and, yes, it can spiral out of control because then you eat more and weight drops and you get magical thinking
Stlrsgrl, Nancy - great jobs on the "right" behaviors. THAT is, I think, the long term secret.

Last edited by grannynancy; 03-07-2018 at 08:13 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:11 AM   #97  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (sitting)
This Morning: Oxycise Commuter Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 188.8
Up: .4

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 7

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.

Confidence. There are days when we feel we don't even know the meaning of the word. It is hard to stay confident when we feel so weak. It is important that we realize where confidence comes from. Our confidence comes from the Lord. It comes from no-where else. All we need do is look at the example of our blessed Lord, and we will see that He alone gives the kind of strength necessary to meet every challenge. The things He overcame cause our dieting efforts to pale in comparison. If Christ is truly our Lord and Master, then we will have confidence enough to succeed.

Today's thought: I am sure to lose weight because of Christ in me!
Old 03-07-2018, 08:26 AM   #98  

good morning again! just had breakfast. will go for a power walk and run some errands in a few minutes.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:22 AM   #99  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I will share what I am thinking is causing the reactions with my mouth, lips, and around my eyes. Keep in mind, I still have angioedema. In fact, last week I had an episode of the stomach pain but, it was less severe than I normally have. I'm not sure what impact the tannins have had on me vs. the angioedema since they seem very similar. I actually feel the tannins have just made the angioedema symptoms worse. The weekend before last, we had steak and I made a mushroom sauce with a red wine. On Sunday morning, I had several cups of Oolong tea. My mouth blew up. Also, I have been using a therapeutic dose of cinnamon on my morning bread and a therapeutic dose of turmeric in my eggs for my omelette. I have been using the turmeric and cinnamon since 2014 or so. By that Monday I was a miserable mess. I started googling and come to find out turmeric, cinnamon, tea, and wine are all high in tannins. So, I have cut out all of those things and I started clearing up very quickly. I am still consuming coffee. But I have read that tannins attach to protein, so I think the coffee isn't as bad since I use milk/half 'n half. Apples have tannins, but I have read that Fuji's aren't as bad. The tannins are in the skin. A couple of days I peeled my apples, but yesterday I didn't. My tongue started burning after I ate my lunch.

So this is the lowdown on my "science experiment". LOL Does anyone have any experience with having problems with tannins?

ETA: Thinking about things, back in 2007/2008 I was drinking wine on a regular basis, sweet tea and I'm sure a lot of other things with tannins. So, I am really unsure of what's a tannin problem vs. angioedema. But what I do know, this is the best my mouth has been in a long time. I still have a bit of a reaction but it is tolerable. So, my question is, if it's tannins and I have been consuming them so long in high doses, how long will it take before it's out of my system?

This is what I had posted from last week:

So, my mouth and eye areas have healed significantly. It's amazing how much healing has taken place in such a short period of time. I will continue to watch and monitor before I discuss it further. I always feel like such a freak with my weird issues and problems. Like I said before, I have had cycles of healing and flaring up before, so I will take a wait/watch and see attitude about it. I do want to say, what I think the problem is, I know I have been using at least since 2014, maybe longer. I got the final angioedema diagnosis in 2012, but had previous testing 1-2 years prior and wasn't given a diagnosis term for it. So I have been diagnosed twice with the angioedema. The test for angioedema is a blood test and I was tested by two different doctors from two different practices. So I feel confident with the actual diagnosis. I noticed the symptoms originally in 2008. This is all very interesting for me and I feel hopeful to get some relief. But I am still unsure of the long term symptom relief from the angioedema. Did I say that correctly? LOL Also, I feel different. All along I have felt like I have intense inflammation going on and I'm not feeling like that as much.

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-07-2018 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:05 AM   #100  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning
WI still up at 168.4 but am optimistic it will crawl back down.

Diana you may be onto something there I will be curious to see how the next few weeks play out for you.....you may be a whole new study in the american journal of science LOL

Today meals are planned, egg beaters and salsa, salad for lunch and roasted chicken for dinner with some asparagus thrown in for fun.

I need to get back on track with my workouts I have really been slipping up these past weeks. Lost that darn mojo again and can't seem to find where I put it.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:23 AM   #101  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
Diana you may be onto something there I will be curious to see how the next few weeks play out for you.....you may be a whole new study in the american journal of science LOL
Why can't I just be normal? I just want to be normal and not have to analyze everything.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:31 AM   #102  

just got back from power walking and running errands. will be taking the bus to a nearby community to power walk and run errands there.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:48 AM   #103  

Red face MARCH 2018--Up a tad

Hi Everyone...hang in there...there is so much progress in this group. it is amazing.

Diana, I was thinking about you. I hope this disease dissipates, so you don't have to be quite so vigilant with your diet. I am finding that I have to eat very strictly to lose wt. I don't like that at all. I am wondering what I will eat when I go on vacation...so I don't gain weight and don't feel ill. I need to think ahead about these things. I really want to be fit.

Anyway, I am up a tad--two thin mint cookies and a big packet of unsalted saltines. Should have had an apple instead. Otherwise, I ate healthy, used the food mover. I set the food mover for 1800 calories. It is just a rough estimate for me. I am more concerned about consuming various food groups than total calories. (I MAY NEED TO RETHINK THAT IF I GET MUCH THINNER!

225/214.3/214.5/210

Wish I was under 200--I have been this way WAY TOO MANY TIMES!

I decided that I really need to work on some other goal: my mess. Two days ago, I reorganized shelved food in the basement and I sorted gym clothes also stored in the basement. Yesterday, I sorted my purse and some junk on top of a card table. I need to clean up something else today.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:12 PM   #104  

good afternoon! just got back from power walking and running errands in a nearby community.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:45 PM   #105  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)

Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Jessica Smith 30-Minute Stepping Strength Total Body Workout w/#3's for overhead presses, 5's & 8's