Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-19-2018, 05:47 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 175/172/162

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello ciecie.

Hi Teri000 - yes, I actually would think of "beep, beep" (roadrunner-style), too! lol ... it is actually a long-ago-forgotten childhood nickname - but it works wonders on the interwebs!

Hello kelijpa.

I am going for a workout after work. I will also weigh. I don't like hopping on the scale more than once per week. My usual weigh-in day is Saturday. Still, I had such a GOOD weigh-in on Thursday, and then when I DID weigh in on Saturday, my pounds had popped up by 2!! So, I put in the tough effort this weekend, ate only protein Saturday and Sunday, so I hope that today will show those 2 lbs slide back down.

Today is a "PV" day - so I get protein and veggies today. I ate chicken (no skin) for lunch and a lovely veggie-medley of cauliflower, sugar snap peas (actually a "no no" on Dukan diet, but I did eat them), red peppers.
Beeps2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:15 PM   #272  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good late afternoon to all
WI up 1.8 somehow...hope it is water but I induldged in girl scout cookies last night phew they are all gone so can't eat what is not there.

flower
yeah on the loss and staying gone!
terri000 and ciecie cheese is a weakness of mine too....wonder if we started the cheeseless club how many members we would have???

orion
I weigh myself everyday but I also know I tend to fluctuate 1-2lbs so I have to take it with a grain of salt

Diana nice baby drop yeah
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:21 PM   #273  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

So, something with my iced coffee irritated my mouth a bit. Not a lot. I like sweet 'n low with iced coffee and that's what I used. It could have been that or maybe the extra coffee. Maybe I will try my next iced coffee without sweetener to see if I react.

Flower I have never tried the Simpatico coffee. I have tried Puroast and Healthwise. I prefer the Organic Puroast over the Healthwise product. Have you tried this brand? They have organic, too. https://tylerscoffees.com/

Nancy Hopefully the baby drops will start adding up for me.

Total Approx 1535 Calories +

Breakfast (420 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
Mango fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
melon, orange, or other fruit 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
grilled salmon & 2 orders steamed broccoli 700 calories

Exercise:
JS Stepping Strength Total Body Workout w/3's, 5's & 8's
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:48 PM   #274  

Default Hello! My name is Sue...

I am 55 years old and have a long history of fighting my weight. I retired in Oct and currently work only part time, at a pharmacy filling scrip I gained about 50 lbs over the last year. I lost my mom feb. of last year following a long illness. Then, my husband in a car accident in April. I decided March 1st that it was time to start working at getting in better shape. I have psoriatic arthritis and often joint pain. So have been a bit of a coach potato, feel weaker climbing stairs ect.. So I am doing low calorie and walking on tread mill in the morning. I already! hope y feel a bit better just because of walking. I have along ways to go.
So anyway enough about me. Hi to everyone-
Nancy- there will be ups and downs - gotta say love girl scout cookies as well. But your back on track it'll be a loss next week...great job flower... every pound counts... teri000 and Ciecie- I gotta say I love cheese... I tend to use grated parmesan cheese. So I get a bit of cheese and don't tend to use as much that way. Orion- I weigh everyday as well... but then again I try to remember that a lot of things effect it. If you had more salt you could be retaining fluid which will add weight. ect. Most of the time don't weigh on the weekend... But weekly weighing is a good idea as you should see a lower number most of the time. When I weighed in this morning after not weighing since Fri was down 2 lbs. So that was nice
Diana- down 2 lbs is awesome. I am right there with you love-love-love coffee ... hot, cold, ect.
Beeps- awesome name... If I missed anyone... sorry was not intentional.. going to get a hot cup of tea and watch some TV and relax ... before bed. Take care and all have an awesome evening!

Last edited by doitforme; 03-19-2018 at 08:50 PM.
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:21 PM   #275  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Sue It's good to see you over here.

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-19-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:52 PM   #276  

welcome sue! I know what you mean about watching your mom die after a long illness. I watched my mom die of cancer 3 years ago this coming December. I went for a power walk and to run errands before supper tonight. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:07 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Dang, I did a post but left it too long and it erased.

Summary

I walked 18 05 mile on Saturday which beat my previous 18 13. My shins started to hurt a lot during the walk. I go up a pretty steep hill twice during the walk...don't know if that's why....3.3 mph is my avg.

I TRIED to eat 500 today but got up to 1020 instead. I disinfected the house, soaked the dishes in bleach, did laundry, rearranged the room, went shopping for an hour...and I think that might be a lot of work for only 500 cal. Tempted to say. WTH and finish off my chocolate mini donuts....but that is an old bad pattern...

Instead, I said "that's still well under my RMR and I was very active today....

Ok, calling it a night because I started getting a migraine. I have been craving chocolate so maybe Tom is coming ...I have to look at my dates

HI Sue sorry for your losses. Good for you in taking charge of your weight

Diana. All sugar substitutes except for xylitol mess with me. I get so hungry reading your posts. Down is always good.

Nancy, sometimes I actually use that as a strategy (eat it all now, so it's not there tomorrow). That is another bad pattern I want to eliminate. I also love cheese. I also fluctuate 1-2 lbs and have to go by overall trend

Beeps, I love sugar snap peas and would eat them on any diet too. Welcome

Ciecie, awesome on the walking. How do you walk 5 mph?

Flower, yay on the 1 lb down!!

Orion, I used to weigh myself daily and take the avg fo r the actual and celebrate the new lows. Now I can't stand the scale, because I give up because of the scale...I'm focusing on losing inches and shrinking down

Terri, lol I would banish jelly beans to the basement too "YOU CAN COME BACK UP WHEN YOU STOP JUMPING IN MY MOUTH 10 AT A TIME!!!"...HEH. Which reminds me easter candy is coming...I still have Christmas and Valentines candy put up....

Granny, wow that's an awesome loss for the week. Lol. I bet that made for an interesting afternoon.

Welcome Klej!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:31 PM   #278  

jendiet, 5 mph is just my estimate. I have been taking advantage of the break in the weather here and getting a lot of outdoor walking done. by break in the weather, I mean NO SNOW COMING DOWN! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:43 PM   #279  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all,
1434 this morning

Missed posting this morning so, popping in now before bed, well actually I'm in bed. Haha

Diana hope the unsweetened iced coffee works for you. I love coffee, but have to watch the caffeine, makes me not the nicest person

GrannyNancy Oops, I thought you had a test this weekend, I can see where the evening pills might make for a fuzzy day.

Orion I weigh everyday but only allow myself to compare week to week, like Monday to Monday. It took me awhile to not let it make me nutty. It's just data to me now. I also write down my activity, how much water I drank and what I had for dinner.

Flower it's so good to see you

Well, I'll be back in the morning, good night all

Last edited by kelijpa; 03-19-2018 at 10:44 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:49 PM   #280  

good night all! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. 18.821 steps today! 14,345 of them were aerobic steps!
Old 03-20-2018, 05:50 AM   #281  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
144.5 this morning

Stressful review is over, it went well, not perfect but went well.

Ciecie. awesome job with the steps, I had just under 11k yesterday. I'm getting lazy i the evening again. I need to get Hunter out for a walk when I come home from work.

Having poached eggs with a little siracha for breakfast, chicken noodle soup DH made for lunch, snacks sliced cucumbers with yogurt dressing ( I mix a tablespoon of Fage 0% with a tablespoon of regular thousand islands) 2 apples and an orange. I think for supper we're having angel hair pasta with chicken sausage (tomato and basil flavor from Aldi). Edit: I forgot I make up some pb2 to have with my fruit.

Hope everyone has a great day

Last edited by kelijpa; 03-20-2018 at 05:55 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:52 AM   #282  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:18 AM   #283  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Kelijpa The afternoon iced coffee is decaf! When I order an iced decaf Americiano out, people will ask me "why"? It's because I am one of the few who actually loves the flavor of coffee. It's not just the caffeine for me, which I do get plenty of in the AM.

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise Commuter Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1535 +
Weigh In: 187
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 20

Psalm 55:16
As for me, I will call upon God; and the Lord shall save me.

We went around the circle, telling about the diet plans we had tried. Most of the people said they had no luck, no matter what they tried. I was the only one who had succeeded in losing a considerable amount of weight. Everyone looked expectantly toward me when my time came. I smiled shyly and said, 'The only thing that I did differently from any of you was to pray. I didn't trust any of the diet plans I saw, so I turned to God, instead. You all can try what you want to, but as for me, I'm going to keep putting my faith in God. He's why I'm thin now.'

Today's thought: When all else fails; try God!
Old 03-20-2018, 07:31 AM   #284  

good morning again! had breakfast and did 2 miles leslie sansone burn 30. will get ready to go see dad in a few minutes.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:13 AM   #285  

Default Good Morning!

I slept well! Have walked my 30 mins on the treadmill having coffee then off to shower. Have a seniors meeting every Tues. - where we have socialize and play cards, then I am meeting a friend to go to the movies and see the new movie, " I can only imagine " . I have Tuesdays off from work which is nice.
Ciecie- Wow! 18.821 and most of it arobic- awesome job! Sorry to hear of your moms passing. My mom was in a bad car accident and had come back from that after along healing time and was doing ok. She had a lot of back pain and couldn't walk in Nov. of 2016 and was in hospital for week and they told her it was arthritis she would have to push herself to walk and tolerate the pain, by the end of the week was very weak and went to rehab she had good days and bad but never got stronger was still in rehab Dec. 23rd was sent back to emergency room for acute pain they found an infection in her lower back, they started her on antibiotics and she had an allergic reaction and stopped breathing. They did CPR and she was saved but developed pneumonia from the CPR - she aspirated. She was unable to fight all the infection and passed that Feb. Its hard to stand by and not be able to really do anything. My dad passed 8 years ago. Prayers! awesome with your dad
Jendiet- Amazing! only 500 calories and all that energy. I am on 1200 cal. and I find that challenging.
Kelijpa- Hope you had a good nights sleep! Glad review went well!

Diana- Down 4 lbs awesome job! I am right there with you. I just love the taste of coffee. I often have decaffe in the evening. Hello to everyone else! Off to have coffee and start my day.
Have a blessed day!

Last edited by doitforme; 03-20-2018 at 08:21 AM.
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote