Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-15-2018, 12:42 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

LOL while I was fretting over the increase in weight, I realized that yesterday I had 2400mg of sodium when my normal is usually 1200-1400. I bet that could have caused it. Lunchmeat is packed with the stuff.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:26 PM   #212  

good afternoon! 2 miles leslie sansone burn 30 this morning before I left for work. power walked and ran errands during my lunch break. will go for another power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:31 PM   #213  

Hi all
Personals later. Except....
Diana fb groups can be awesome! I found one for food issues. It's very busy. And very young. But I so respect the love, caring and help they give each other. Some have lots of great info and suggestions. AWESOME that you found a Tannins group.

More personals later. I did read what everyone wrote

Today I was down .2 lb. I went again to TJs for my daily popchip fix. Sadly they had very fattening samples, to which I succumbed. I will be glad to maintain considering that. I skipped the chicken for lunch and only had the salad. So that made up for 150 of the calories. Although cutting out a protein to make up for a high carb slip makes no sense.
I think the total calories for the day will be 1200.
Exercise is not possible now. I have a problematic foot. Doing reflexology which aggravates it. But that all is a minor glitch

Hope everyone has a great night or morning.
I am making progress with cutting back on cocoa. Still need to cut back more.

Last edited by flower123; 03-15-2018 at 09:33 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:54 PM   #214  

power walked and errands before supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained. i'm also part of some awesome fb groups!
Old 03-15-2018, 10:24 PM   #215  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

FLower & Jen I did a little reading on the FB page. I saw where someone recommended the bentonite clay.

Where we ate tonight, I had my usual salad that I order there. Didn't think much about it. It has a cheese blend (white & yellow). The yellow has annatto (tannins). I ate it since I couldn't take it out. I will see if I react.

Total Approx 1535 Calories +

Breakfast (420 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
Mango fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
melon, orange, or other fruit 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
salad w/grilled chicke & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
JS 30 Minute Hiit workout

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-15-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:29 PM   #216  

Diana, next time you are at that restaurant ask them to hold the cheese on the salad. I frequently have the diner I eat at hold the taco bowl on the chicken salad I order. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:54 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Flower, haha, that's pretty much me and chocolate. Yeah I have a whole lot of head knowledge but suck at application. I love researching things. Cool about the greeting cards. The exercise sounds good. You can turn it into circuit training by going faster and very little rest between sets and it can become cardio. I'm thinking about my Zumba games, because even if I don't get the moves right, I'm trying and moving....sooooo..I at least looked at a leslie Sansone DVD.

Nancy, I had no sleep because my 4 year old coughed all night in my bed...and then my 6 year old woke up with diarrhea....so no morning nap after he went to school. (He didnt go) I feel your pain. Pie can be worked in.

Diana, awesome you found a support group. Tannins increase the strength of your teeth but are a number one factor in kidney stones. I love everything with Tannins so I can't imagine

Granny, your work is amazing. That stinks about the tree line. One of my favorite lines in a song is "They took all the trees
Put 'em in a tree museum
And they charged the people
A dollar and a half just to see 'em

YES 180s are hard!

Terri, I completely understand about the jelly beans...especially if they were jelly belly....

Ciecie, I hope your workout went well.

I still have to total my calories but I know this method works because I was slimming down the last time with only Watchung what I ate on the 500 kcal day. I'm merely analyzing data this time, but I don't know if the attention to the data is going to change the outcome this time.

Tomorrow is a low day. I don't have a plan though. I can do 500 calories if I plan.

Last edited by jendiet; 03-15-2018 at 10:56 PM.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:13 AM   #218  

good morning! i'll have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:04 AM   #219  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

189.2. Well I guess it is a drop of .2lbs. I was expecting more after an epic trip to the bathroom and eating only 955 calories and keeping down the sodium. also got in 13,329 steps yesterday. 1 mile was fast, the rest were brisk.

Well I am refocusing on my plan and, actually, today fully complying with the food amounts as opposed to worrying about the calories and will have 1318 calories

Breakfast is Greek yogurt, fruit and oatmeal. Lunch is curried vegetables and tofu. Dinner is chicken along with zucchini, onions, sauce and cheese. Also walking and doing upper body exercises and stretches.

Bentonite clay can be good stuff - it is in my dog food and is the only one that gives Beau firm stools. It pulls out toxins. That said you need to be sure your source is good as it can also have contamination. Also should be a good source of silica [I forgot about that]. It can be overdone though.

Last edited by grannynancy; 03-16-2018 at 07:04 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:59 AM   #220  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend! We made it!

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise Commuter Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1535 +
Weigh In: 187.8
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 16

Psalm 33:21
For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.

The Psalms are a wonderful example of what it means to put trust in the Lord. David shared both his trials and his triumphs with his God. In every situation, David turned to God for guidance and support. David was a spiritual giant because he recognized the source of all that he was and could ever hope to be. We can be like David. If we will turn to God for His strength and courage in the face of our trials, He will provide for our every need. When we diet, we can rejoice in the fact that God will honor and bless our trust in Him.

Today's thought: The diet I keep will bring me joy and fulfillment!
Old 03-16-2018, 08:20 AM   #221  

Smile MARCH 2018 Down a tad (again)!

Hi Everyone,

Let's keep motivated. It's a bumpy road with another candy holiday coming up.

Jen: I too love Jell yBellies. The ones I ate were "big ones" that a family member brought in. I was disappointed because the red ones were not cinnamon. I've been thinking about buying a small bag of Jelly Bellies and learning to savor each flavor. I had a bag of jelly beans from TJ's last month, but the flavors don't compare to Jelly Bellies.

I got on the scale this am and thought I had gained a half pound. My mind was not working. I had to go back over my entries here to see that I gone down a tad.

225/212.5/210

I do not think I did anything wrong yesterday. I had a few cough drops and vitamin C drops and some gummies, but otherwise I ate healthy. I did exercises in the house in the am and went for a walk at dusk. I keep forgetting to time my walk. I thought it might be less than 30 minutes, so I added a couple of short segments. I need to remember to time myself to see what I am doing.

I did a little sorting yesterday.

Have a great day!
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:04 AM   #222  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morning
WI was up just a bit 167.0 but I am ok with that given a few of my food choices.

This sleeping thing is making me a bit crazy but last night I finally got a almost 7 hours so feeling much better.

I read everyone's thread and I will try and get to personals later today but it seems life has been busy even without the sleep. This weekend we are taking my Mother out for her 84th birthday ...go mom! She is still so very active by playing cards at the senior center three days a week to keep her mind sharp. Then we will go watch my brother bowl, he is very good and this weekend is the local 'Masters' tournament. He attends the 'Masters' tournament every year too in Vegas and usually wins some money.

Well I am off to the office, everyone have a wonderful day
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:37 PM   #223  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I found another problem in my daily routine, with this "allergy" thing I have going on. I feel like such an idiot but at least I am trying to figure it all out. Something that I had eliminated a couple weeks ago was an immunity juice I had been drinking. That was my morning juice for a couple of months due to the flu and sickness that was so rampant. At least I didn't get any of that, right? LOL Anyways one of the ingredients was echinacea. For giggles and grins I read the ingredients in my mouthwash. Again, I feel like such an idiot because I use products that are so different than most people. I have 2 different mouthwashes I use, both the same brand, but different products. One I use at night that's good for gingivitis and gum healing (this one contains the echinacea). The other one is an antiseptic to kill germs. So last night I didn't use the antigingivitis product, I used the antiseptic one. Again, there is a huge improvement from yesterday. My tongue does not burn today. I have been using these products for many years too. Echinacea is on that tannin list, too. So I am still wondering about things. Is it a tannin problem? Am I just sensitive to some of these herbal things? Where does the angioedema come into play? How much healing will I have from eliminating that particular mouthwash? Maybe apples aren't a problem after all. I can't remember back to last Saturday. Maybe I used the antigingivitis mouthwash that morning and I was reacting to that, not the apple and avocado. Gosh, there's just so much to process and think about.

Again I feel like an idiot about all of this. But I want to share in case someone else faces something similar. Take the time to try to figure it out, it is worth it. Don't give up.

ETA: Went back to read ingredients that problem mouthwash . . . it also contains cinnamon oil. Cinnamon also has tannins and I had also eliminated the therapeutic dose of cinnamon that I had been taking. Interesting, but still don't know the actual answers.

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-16-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:17 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Ciecie, way to go on achieving your fitness goals

Diana, you are not an idiot, you are learning. I'm just glad your mouth is better. This sore is drying up too.

Nancy, Happy Birthday to your mom! Glad she is happy and active at 84. 167.0 is still a great mini goal from 186. We're the 180s hard for you?

Terri, yes those jelly bellies. I like the cream flavors. Butter popcorn, toasted marshmallow....yay on the losing. Sometimes you have to give your body some slack. It's doing something it was NEVER designed to do. I caution my children now NOT TO EVER gain the weight because it messes everything up. But Thankful to the mercies of God despite abusing our Temples, it can be done!

Granny, you are still going in the RIGHT direction. I expect a whoosh for you when your body disposes of the excess retention from the salt.

Flower, no that doesn't make sense, but in a calorie in calorie out perspective it does. Sometimes I forgo for 1 mini chocolate donut...lol. yay on the .2 down

Well, I finally looked at what pants sizes I was wearing and I had on 16s yesterday and just one fat roll above my but crack was keeping them on....so I guess that is good

I had a higher day than planned yesterday, but I'm trying to stick to exactly 500 today. My net diary pro states I'm avg 1500 calories week....just checking in for the motivation to keep going. Thanks for being there.

My sleep was terrible and so was my morning. My lo cough was better but he woke up a few times with growing pains. I massaged his legs and arms....he went back to sleep...I got up and realized the battery in my loaner was dead...silly me...so tired yesterday I left keys in ignition on accessory...got it jumped. .and eventually took a nap again...really want to try to walk today. I speed walk too but I'm flat footed and my feet get mad...
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:39 PM   #225  

good evening! 2 miles leslie sansone before I left for work this morning. power walked and ran errands before I punched in. will power walk and run an errand on my way to supper tonight.