Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-14-2018, 08:46 PM   #196  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I woke at 3 AM to someone's horn/alarm going off on their vehicle. By the time I went back to sleep it was time to get up. The lack of sleep caught up with me this afternoon. I felt sleepy and exhausted this afternoon and I couldn't muster up the energy to workout.

Flower & Jen
I am scared to add any "different" to my program. I don't want to have any new reactions. There is no telling what can happen with my crazy body.

Total Approx 1535 Calories +

Breakfast (420 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
Mango fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
melon, orange, or other fruit 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
grilled chicken tenderloins & 3 orders turnip greens 700 calories

Exercise:

Nothing
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:52 PM   #197  

Diana, that's too bad that you couldn't get back to sleep right away. don't blame you for falling asleep this afternoon. I didn't take the bus to a neighboring community like I usually do. the weather was very bad here today. got the groceries I absolutely needed at the supermarket near where I live.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:14 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Diana, could an allergy doctor help you sort this out? If it is an allergy to tannins, isn't there a way to desensitize you to it perhaps?

WOW, I just noticed that THREE of us live in SC!

Last edited by grannynancy; 03-14-2018 at 09:15 PM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:24 PM   #199  

will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. have to go to work tomorrow!
Old 03-14-2018, 11:37 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

HI guys

Flower, don't give in to scale madness. Keep doing what you are doing and ditch the scale, a move down may backfire when dealing with the metabolism.

Well, I bought the stuff. Was a lot more money than I thought...but I bought from Walmart so if something doesn't pan out...back it goes. ..

I think I bought one too many cubeicals...

OK so diet wise....

I'm SO HUNGRY right now too but I ate over again...yesterday was a refeed at 2600 calories...mainly because I had so many days below 1500...I'm going to do a normal 1700 day (or try)..then another LOW (500)day Friday.

982 kcal for today.

I should have left the sweets alone, but I fell into the just one...and next thing I know I ate 300 kcal more than I planned.

Hunger is good. It is a sign my metabolism is fired up.

More personals tomorrow. Trying not to take melatonin, but my stomach growling away makes it hard to sleep...edited to say I took it...

Info on CSD (calorie shifting) compared to CR (calorie restriction)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4018593/#!po=46.8254

Last edited by jendiet; 03-15-2018 at 12:21 AM. Reason: More info
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:43 PM   #201  

i'm cutting back on sweets/simple carbs this week. had a huge gain at my tops meeting last night-3 pounds. put me .60 below goal-yikes!
Old 03-15-2018, 12:27 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Ciecie, that's why I hate the scale. You are taking a single Polaroid picture of something that has many facets. It does not tell the whole story. Your walking and dietary dedication are yielding results, they have to be unless your RMR has been set super low. If your average daily intake is below 1400, I recommend a high carb refeed for one or two days.

I may be fat, but I got fat from eating 3000 calories/day....not 1500.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:06 AM   #203  

Hello everyone

As I said earlier, scale showed another gain on Wednesday. This time it was .6 gain.

Teri So glad your weight went down. Dedication going out walking while it was snowing.

grannynancy wow, I sure never expected that explanation about the dogs. Amazing about Beau. The testing sounds grueling. Did you get him already trained to be a certified cadaver dog? Just amazing. I wish you the best with the certification. What a thing to have to go through annually. Do you treat the dogs like pets when they are not working? How often does Beau work? So many questions. Congrats on getting almost all your steps done for the day.

Diana, yes it does sound "overwhelming" Did you mention that word? I am thinking that as time goes on, you will be further along with your research and settle in to a larger list of what you can eat. Then the overwhelm will be much lower. Until then, of course it is overwhelming. But I think you are inspiring for how you are being your own health detective. Hope you got really good sleep last night.

Stlrsgrl Thanks for explaining the NRLW program and book to me. Sounds awesome.

Nancylrmn wow that fitbit sure does work when you are sleeping. All that detailed info. Glad you were able to get some decent sleep. As I said before I have been hearing a lot about people not being able to sleep. Thank you for the words of encouragement. Much appreciated.

Ciecie I hear ya re boots. They are a PITA. Today was a boot day!

Jendiet Horrible that you woke up to the sound of a beautiful tree being cut down. I know that sound all too well. I had a lot of woods that were my back yard. A developer decided he wanted to make condos. He clear cut the trees. I still have some woods. But the condos are VERY close. My beloved woods, clear cut. Again, sorry you lost your beloved (neighbor's) tree. You sound like you have a lot of great understanding of the whole dieting thing.

Okay, so I was fine today EXCEPT for when I went to Trader Joe's. They had the same fattening samples. Sausage and potato. Then some chocolate covered dried fruit. Ate the sample dont even know what was under the chocolate. I think if it had been paper I would have eaten it, as long as chocolate was surrounding it. Speaking of which, i really need to cut back on the hot chocolate.

I am pretty sure that all was a 150 calorie slip.

Coffee with cocoa powder, cashew milk, coconut creamer and stevia 250
popchips 360
samples 150
L: chicken breast with mustard salad with BHF dressing 240
D: chicken breast with carrot puree and bone broth. Green beans, cabbage and celery cooked 260
S: frozen lemon stuff 30
Total for the day 1290 Note to self, do not go to the sample place at Trader Joe's

I designed a completely new greeting card. Different from anything I have made before. I am in love with them. But each one takes 40 minutes to make. Part of it is very tedious. But the results are magical looking. So I am enjoying making them.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday. YES!!!
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:28 AM   #204  

Smile MARCH 2018 Down a tad!

Hi there,

Hope you all are making progress toward healthier leaner bodies...

I was kinda a bum yesterday...I looked outside and saw a sprinkling of snow and did not get out to walk or work out at the Y. I did do squats/lunges/situps/pushups and a few other exercises...but it is not the same as cardio .I try to spend some time everyday sitting on a stability ball instead of reclining in a lounge chair.

Diet was okay, but I lost track of the jellybeans that I ate and the crackers that I ate. I had one packet of gummies.

225/212.7/210

I mended some clothes and paid some bills. I hope that I am more productive today.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:41 AM   #205  

good morning! i'll have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:01 AM   #206  

Good morning. 189.4 sigh. Bounce up. Well, it is below 190 but my husband dropped 6 lbs in the past week of eating 1600 calories a day and not exercising and I am eating 1100 and working my patootie off. Now I weigh more than him again. It gives me reassurance that several have said the 180s are tough. It may be tough here on out.

Onward ho. 1185 yesterday, 12,462 steps but leisurely. Today I am cutting calories some to about 917- My rolling average calories for the past 7 days is 1093.

Working on glutes with the exercise. Today my walks will be 2, 2 mile walks with one of the walks a 4:1 interval. Hoping I get my heartrate up by walking a longer distance at one time instead of 1 mile, 4 times a day. Acupuncture tonight has been pre-empted by access to a rubble pile for training. Missing the pre-work daylight.

Flower - I got him as a puppy. We had a bomb detection officer help us with the first dogs in 2008 and, over time, it becomes second nature. The guy who helped us actually went around the country after 9-11 training airport security for explosive sweeps. He is retired military and working training officer for a police department. I started his training at 12 weeks. Beau is terrible as a pet. I love him. very sweet and happy dog but he is constantly looking for something to do if he is in the house. He is a handful. Hard to understand why anyone would get a dog bred for working as a pet.... Tilly, however, is fine in the house but she was from a service dog training program (autism dogs) and they are bred a bit differently as those dogs are on 24/7 but must be companion animals - she, however, had a little too much "drive" to be useful in that venue and was donated for search and rescue.

Beau's training is very similar to a dog sport called nosework. The big difference is our dogs have to work several hours in all kinds of conditions (including balanced on the front of a boat). All this for only 10-15 times a year and the odors are a bit more complex to sort out. Human not animal or any other decomposition smell. But the consequences of a miss or a false call are big. This is his 7th year certifying, and he has never failed, but it is still unnerving.

Teri - it is a bummer when you can't get out. All my cardio is outside too though I have been known to walk up and down the stairs. Glad you are "down a tad"

Jendiet, Flower - we have the same issue with the trees. Beautiful woods were behind our house and we knew the land would eventually be developed but we figured it would be like our neighborhood - homes on larger lots, typical foundations with walkout basements, a lot of old growth hardwoods preserved but, no.........Ryan homes. Everything was bulldozed and homes on 0.18 acre lots behind us going up. Slab foundations [the grading was extensive as it is hilly terrain] - I still have about 100 feet of woods behind my property line but it is so sad. The only reason I have that is that a certain amount of land must have trees left, even if they die later from the grading and I back up to a creek (so the hill was too steep to fully grade. Those on the flat section had grading right up to the property line). I used to go out there everyday with the dogs offlead and walk the land.........And then, to add insult to injury, our tree guy said most of the trees up the street from me that are in our neighborhood but on the property line will die because they graded right up to the line. ........... That is what we get for living in SC with few property restrictions. And MY county has a tree ordinance. Its all a joke. At least we have zoning. I guess. Many many trees died in the two years since the grading began. They don't even pull them out. Many of these homes will be built on fill dirt.

Last edited by grannynancy; 03-15-2018 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:50 AM   #207  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Slept well last night.

grannynancy I'm not sure about the allergist with the tannins. I could probably go that route again and inquire. But in the beginning, with the angioedema, I went to an allergist. He was one of the best in the area and highly recommended. He did blood work that diagnosed the angioedema. He just told me to take an antihistamine, nothing more. He didn't tell me about the angioedema, just put the diagnosis in my records, which I was not aware of. I was still trying to diagnose myself since I didn't actually get any help from him. I was still researching and eliminating food families, etc. A couple years later, I went to the other highly recommended allergist. I had my records sent from the other Dr. and had already done blood work with the new Dr. On my first apt. he told me about the previous diagnosis and about his based on the new blood work. He said there was no need for food testing based on the diagnosis of angioedema, twice. I didn't understand because that was the first time I heard about that. So I insisted that they do food testing anyways. Of course I didn't react. He sent me home with paperwork to explain and again told me to take a daily antihistamine. Sometimes, I just don't have confidence in Dr's. I had no idea about tannins until a couple weeks ago, when I mentioned it here. So this is all new and I'm not even sure if they test for it. Did someone mention "science experiment"? LOL On my own, I kinda want to see how much improvement I can get.

Nothing for last night, I went to bed a bit earlier than normal
This Morning: Oxycise Commuter Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1535 +
Weigh In: 188
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 15

2 Corinthians 5:6
Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord.

David had never been able to stick to a diet. He had tried a number of times, but nothing seemed to help him lose weight. Then he met Jennifer. She was cute, and friendly, and thin. David was suddenly more ashamed of the way he looked than he had ever been before. He began a new diet, and this one worked. David's whole personality changed. He gained a new confidence and strength of will. What we struggle with at one point becomes easy when we receive the right incentive. With God as our incentive, we can do wonders. Without God, we are helpless. With God, we can do all things.

Today's thought: I will make sure to keep God close by all day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-15-2018 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:58 AM   #208  

Diana - modern day medicine does leave us wondering. You are right that we have to figure out a lot of this ourselves.

Ciece - your speed of 5mph is phenomenal. One thing the PT told me was GLUTES are the power engine for walking and for the pelvic floor. The exercise guy at work told me 4-4.5mph was more typical max speed. Desk jobs apparently cause the quads to be overdeveloped and glutes to be underdeveloped. How is your stride? Most I am reading on power walking says short and fast. Though I am also looking at longer strides. Any good leads on developing right technique for walking?
Old 03-15-2018, 09:21 AM   #209  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone! I was just googling to see if I could find more info on my situation. I usually stick with the first couple of pages with google because past that usually isn't relevant. I kept going this time and found a facebook page with others dealing with tannin allergies. Woo Hoo!
Old 03-15-2018, 10:05 AM   #210  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morning everyone
No WI today, since yesterday was 'pie' day yes I gave in and had pizza pie. So did not risk the scale and most likely will not weigh until Sunday. Sleep eluded me again but I did manage over 5 hours nearly 6 so I think I will be ok today.

I will be back for personals later today.....got to run
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote