Old 02-11-2006, 10:25 PM   #241  

Hi Shad! Definitely spend time in the garden!!!

I am enjoying some solitude. Everyone else here went to bed at 9pm!! Yeah!!
The walk was perfect. Our road is a two lane highway that links the US border and Toronto. Hence an abundance of truck traffic. It is the back way.
I would NEVER walk it with the kids. On the weekend there are less trucks. At night there's still lots of trucks and it is really, really dark. You cannot see a person at the side of the road. So those are my excuses.
IF~ I got up at 6am, had a quick coffee and a big glass of water and was out the door by 6:15 and back by 6:45 hubby could leave for work then. I could do this every day. It is 1.5 miles to the next side road and back. It the summer he leaves at 6am. I WILL not get up at 5:15. But it is light at night til 9-10pm.
This is doalbe. I like walking and it gets me outa here.
I love having, actually I need a few hours to myself at night. That is why I am often up til midnight~1am. I am not sure I can live without that time but would need to sacrifice some to get up earlier.I need 7 hours sleep to function well and be healthy.

Miss Mad~ you snuck in. HUGS!! Lots of Olympic watching here. DS watched every minute of the game.

Of to watch Debbie Travis and dream about decorating my livingroom.

Love you chickies!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:30 AM   #242  

The garage is looking for a good used motor for my van. I think I will be vanless til thurs.
We are looking at $2000. Still less expensive than any other alternative.

The boys are going to hockey for 10 am. I have a friend picking up me and DD for church at 10:45. Newsletter is ready to go.
Annual meeting at church and then I have a friend,her niece and puppy coming out to get their hair cut.
Half the housework is done. Hubby vacuumed!!

Have a glorious day. Blessings.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:45 AM   #243  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Anybody with a spare snow shovel want to head over to Mel's? They are getting battered with blizzard like conditions. Anywhere between 12 to 24 inches of snow expected. I hope this keeps your phone and doorbell quiet my buddy, but it will probably make everyone in the building more aggitated than usual. Stay warm and dry!

Holly - that road you speak of sounds downright scary at any time of day or night. It is your only option for walking? Surely you have other side roads, even if it meant doing laps on your own street.

Madcat - ahhh the sound of snow falling. Yes, a dark, quiet night and for some reason it has to be really cold too, but if you listen carefully - you can hear the snow falling. To me it's one of the most peaceful sounds that can be heard

Besides the new Valentine's smilies that Shad pointed out, we have another one called running

Speaking of which, I'd better do too. Lots to get done and Sunday's always fly by so quickly. Make it a good one.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:49 AM   #244  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hiya, Sweeties. Just popping in to snoop. I wish to heck I could find time to comment and post but I do try to keep up.
Madcat, my offer of a garden wedding here still stands! I can't guarantee roses but I do have lovely peonies betimes.
Shad, I thank you for the border advice. I wish I could say I was flying over soon but Miss Lucy is going to be bred around March 1 and then I'll be gearing up for midwife duties by May1 and puppy care until they go to their new homes by the end of June.
Big hugs to everyone.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:23 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hello Miss Ruth Pop in any time.

Happy-- I did get bombarded from the snow falling off the branches yesterday. It was cold ! At first I thought someone threw a snow ball at me. As of now, no other instructions for the IBS were given except to take the fiber laxative. I thought I had been getting enough fiber, evidently I had not.

Holly--Do be careful walking that dangerous road.

Shad-- Starting a new job in a different area is a bit overwhelming. Things will fall into place.

Madcat--An outside spring wedding sounds devine.

Hello to carla, tig and meadow. Hope your day goes well.

For some reason I woke up a few minutes early so I decided to get my 2 mile bike ride done before I came to work. So far I've just had 2 phone calls, one sewer and one power related.

I told myself earlier this morning that it seems I have more health issues than either of my siblings. Therefore, I 'm going to take the time out to take my meds each morning, eat right and exercise. The IBS is causing my up and down weight gain. Taking care of me is my number on priority.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 05:55 PM   #246  

My kids are doing their Valentines for school.
I had a "nap". I say I nap but mostly I go to my room and shut the door and read or watch a quiet show or close my eyes. I set the kitchen timer downstairs and no one is allowed in unless the bell goes.
I would love to go for a walk too.
I have a chicken and rice casserole in the oven. Smells yummy.

The Annual Meeting at church was good. I spoke about some concerns and it was a positive convo.I got some fab feedback for my Newsletter. Nice.

I want to clean the dingroom tonight. I aways get a 2nd wind after the kids go to bed but I clean when I can squeeze it in. I dont want to start a week with a huge pile on the diningroom table.

Planning tomorrow~ need to make heart shaped cookies for school on Tues, do a load of whites, find a ride for the Avon meeting

That road is our road, right in front of our house. I can drive to the village to walk too.

HUGS!!!!
Old 02-12-2006, 07:19 PM   #247  

im here im tired and i got absolutly sloshed last night
bye for now
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:55 PM   #248  
Choose your hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by linus
im here im tired and i got absolutly sloshed last night
bye for now
kirsty
I'd say after all that happened you deserved to tie one on. I hope the night was great and the hangover is teeny weenie
Old 02-12-2006, 08:55 PM   #249  
Radiate self!

Someone from another forum who lives on the Jersey shore posted this pic from her yard today Is the view from your window nice Mel? Must be a winter wonderland your side of the world today

Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:06 AM   #250  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,

Very busy day today. And darned hot and muggy as well. I can hear thunder in the background so won't be here for long.

Had my hair done again today. Streaked, cut, polished - well maybe not, but that is what it felt like for a while. So that job is out of the way. Thank heavens for a hairdresser who will put herself out to do the job with a short notice. Even tho' it seems to take so long to do, I didn't mind the effort today. Was a quiet patch in an otherwise hectic day.
Had an argument with the Visa card providers. Heck they like their pounds worth of flesh. Last month I paid the card 3 days late so they charged interest on the late payment. Fair enough. This month they charged for interest. What's it for? Well get this. The original charge was for the interest calculated on the outstanding amount when the payment was due. This charge is for the extra 3 days it was late. I think that just sounded the death knell for that card. I will go find one that is a much lower interest rate and send this lot packing. The frequent flyer points are just not worth this hassle.
I've also been checking out accommodation in Wollongong. Just waiting to hear back from a couple of the serviced apartment people so I can make a decision. I have asked to negotiate a rate from Sunday to Friday so I can come home weekends. Since it is for at least 3 months, they might play ball. It's worth asking anyway.

I've faxed contracts, agreements and signed my life away. Had a problem with the fax machine, but seemed to fix that by threatening it with redundancy and extinction.

Still got a bit to do on todays list, but will knock off now and do that tomorrow and hope that it wont be too muggy to breathe tomorrow. Having lunch with the DB1 and SIL tomorrow. That will be interesting and fun. No doubt a big discussion on money since they are both obsessed with it.

Tomorrow I will get up early and reply to today's posts. Better get off here for now and think about tomorrow and what it will bring.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:51 AM   #251  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Cool Long Weekend...........

or should I say Lost Weekend! So before I lose another moment let me say for tomorrow.............

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

We have all been very busy here with the snow storm. On our property alone we had from 19" to 5' drifts. NYC had over 29". But being the seasoned plowmen they are, the snow really wasn't too bad a problem. Just running out of space for where to put it all. I am hoping to get to the supermarket tomorrow so I can get out and see for myself all the lovely white stuff! I happen to think Jimmy and myself did a fabulous job . He with the shovel and me with the cell phone. We make an excellent team...he really listens well
I really need to get my crap together here. House is needing attention.Shoulder is almost 100% so I won't push it. The storm gave me something to do other than watching TV. The work was almost a change.
Nothing new to report but I must admit I am not awake yet and haven't read any posts. So I will make some breakfast and sit and read while filling my belly. I see some more new smilies but cannot think of a story right now to use them
Happy Monday!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:55 AM   #252  
Choose your hard

Seems so odd that we are all talking and most of us are in the deep freeze while you are sweating away Shad!

A few years back when we were negotiating rates and paying off credit cards we were told by the Visa folks that in the long run, you pay the most and have the most restrictive rates with the frequent flyer points. They admitted unless you flew 3 weeks out of the year, those cards were probably the worst. Like anything it depends on what's important to you.

Nice picture Meadow - thanks for giving us a visual. From the sounds of the TV, seems that tho it was record breaking amounts of snow, because they had advance warning and it was a Sunday, most cities got a good leg up on things. Not quite as bad this morning as it might have been. How are you doing today Miss Mel? How's the arm feeling?

Today we move into the office building across from where we are right now. They are consolidating us into one tower. Lots to do this week on both the homefront and work. Going to be one of those head down, shoulder to the grindstone kind of get to it weeks. Tired already.

Hellos to all the chicks of the world, better get on with my day.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:58 AM   #253  
Choose your hard

I see you snuck in there Miss Mel - good to hear you're holding up well.

-- I could use a bit of that.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:00 AM   #254  
Happy September

Miss Happy
Old 02-13-2006, 09:07 AM   #255  
Happy September

Default All caught up now

Happy~ happy moving day!! Sorry it's really happening though. What a way to start the week.
I cracked up with the 2-3" post!!! But each state has their own problems and they're not prepared like the north is with tons of equiptment, sand, salt and manpower for seasonal changes. And I bet those drivers are nuts!!
come for a visit and bring your shovels is a good idea!!! Lots to do here!

Shad~ I for one cannot wait to hear the tale of ds trying to box up Sunday for the vet!!! Lots of war wounds I am sure. Or will you come back to do it yourself
Hope the DB has better luck with the car and good thinking on not watching the games at a pub!!!
Good luck apt hunting and we will miss you and your wit.
I am glad you signed on the dotted line....i was worried a bit for you. When is the date?

Madcat~ Hope you are feeling up to snuff again and back to your old self. Took me a second to get the MUSICAL BUM part! Glad you are watching the Olympics as I have missed almost all of it!!
How goes the wedding dress search?! I don't remeber reading any thing else just now! LOL

Holly~ I am sorry about the $2000 breakdown and know well the feeling of surprising cash layouts. Good luck and fingers crossed. I agree with Happy that people are so selfish they don't appreciate things. sorry those women weren't appreciated for their time and talent. I was just talking to Jen the other day about stuff like this. a real shame. Our arts and crafts class is free and we have MINIMAL participation!! sigh. I loved the nightlife when jJen was young and I was married. I felt I could actually breathe and think for myself!!!

Linus~ hope the hangover was nothing to write about!!! I am surprised you didn't do this sooner!!

Carla!!! Good to see you and hope to see more of you too!!
With all these fine memories here(not mine)...you might be lost but not forgotten!! home!!

Meadow~ The picture post brightened my day and then some. I cracked up with the squirrel. 2 days before the storm I had some nuts I was saving for spring but decided to spread them around where one has made a "route" for himself. We see him run by every day. The nuts disappeared in no time flat and we never saw him!
Your chicken'n'talons about did me in!! Oatmeal almost covered my flatscreen!!! Great exercising!!

Ceejay~ sorry to hear about the IBS and When I had a lot of problems, I used the metamucil. I must say that using that and changing my diet helped a LOT!!! At one time in my life for a few years I was never far away from a toilet.
It was a scary time and very painful. Goos luck and
Sugar was my biggest problem...along with caffeine and ciggies!!! Great diet huh?! LOL Glad the trip went so well and how nice for the kids to see both teams win!

to Miss Ruth!!
PW must be having with our Nae....wonder if Lisa and the rest are with them?!?!?!

Jimmy just called to apologize for sleeping so late. Told hime to go back to bed!! His arms are killing him. Poor kid. Looking outside, I can't believe he did all this singlehandedly. Great job as some places were over waist high. I better get moving.....getting late!