Old 02-08-2006, 01:04 PM   #211  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hey Holly, that is so cool. There is a lot to be said for someone who loves you as you are and who trusts you absolutely. That does rock. As opposed to a man who says he loves you as you are and then spends so much time trying to get you to change! Yeah, I always say TB is the one man I've been with who isn't trying to recreate me in his own image. That's a characteristic worth quite a few trade-offs.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 03:00 PM   #212  

Having a good music day. Clicked on the end of Regis this morning for a rest and Collective Soul was on!!!! For 2 songs!!
And just now after doing my cleaning I popped on Oprah and caught John Legend!! OH and Matthew McCaunaghey is very eccentric and cool. Who knew?

The WHOLE main floor is dusted& vacuumed and the bathroom is sparkling. At 3:40 I have 4 kids coming. I will sweep and mop the kitchen tonight!!!

Think I will cook some ribs I found in the freezer for supper. Definitely not low fat but good for the soul! A big salad for me should balance it out a bit.

Woohoo! i think the sunshine and blue sky is feeding some endorphins!!

I am enjoying my free-ish afternoon. Tomorrow I have 10 kids, 3 will be in school,and on Fri 10 kids, 5 will be in school. YIKES!!!!
I HOPE my van will be back by 6 so I can get my hair cut after supper. It is beyond long and my ends are FUZZY!

HUGS!!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:39 PM   #213  

hi folks very quicky tonight way tired ,SHAD dad the painter said have you sealed the ceiling after all the sanding and refilling????? MEL good for you on the forms to all the rest of my chickies love ya and leave ya
bye
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:46 PM   #214  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

So Holly, you seem very up today. Mind you with the thought of 10 kids coming to my place I'd be up too. Up, up and away. Heres to you
I belong to an old school friends site as well. I've met up with a few but I don't push it. I saw a photo of some of my 'old friends' at a school reunion once. I recognised many of the women, but could hardly find any of the blokes I knew until I looked at the names. Ye gods, bald, fat, short, bearded - all of the above or a combination of some! One of them actually taught my DS1 before we came to Australia. I had been to Parent evenings and met him but neither the face nor the name rang a bell! What's with that!

Happy - what's with the job that you have to comfort others in their grief. I knew SAP blows a lot of people out of the water, but heck it should have passed by now! Hope the sinus', headache etc are starting to feel better.
I will be travelling back and forth from Wollongong probably most weekends. I heard somewhere that there was a direct flight from here but it seems I was wrong as when I consulted the airlines, the only flight goes to Melbourne where I must reconnect with a Brisbane flight. Since Melbourne is 1000K in the wrong direction, that is not what I call direct. 5hrs to get home!!!!! Phooey. Seems like a drive to Sydney and then an hour flight. I haven't thought everything through yet. I don't know how long the job will last or my exact job description. I will be using Knowledge Warehouse which I don't know much about to create documentation. Ha! It's just one durned thing after another. We shall survive.

Mel - happy washing day. Pity you're part Welsh and not Irish or we could play the Irish Washer Woman for you. The seniors must love you filling in their forms and generally being 'family' for them.

Madcat - enjoy that flower show. It will be worth waiting for after your long cold winter. Sniff and enjoy. Have you decided on any particular type of flowers for your big day? Roses? Orchids, Lilies, Forget me nots!!! Coloured bouquets seem to be the go here right now. Lots of lisianthus, gerberas etc. Me, I like the old fashioned perfumed pale roses with a hint of yellow. But that's just me. I'm glad you went and tried the meringues and the traditional dresses. It is always easier to walk away afterwards saying that you are glad you tried and decided against. If you don't have a go, then you may live to rue the day! Don't let the snooty shop person get you down. They are there to be sneezed on! Fashion is always there to make us feel inferior - sizes and all. Lets face it if we were all size 2's then they could get more ill fitting clothes out of one bolt of cloth. They could then charge more than the earth for clothes that are all the same!
Down one pound, yeehaa.

Well the cat came back from the vet very subdued - didn't stop her from wanting to eat tho' She had difficulty in co-ordinating eye movements - one would shut and the other stay open. Quite comical. A bit wobbly on the legs as well.

And that is it for today. I'm back to sanding and will begin washing shortly and then paint this afternoon or evening. I need to get in touch with the DS2 today to see whether he will house sit for me when/ if he comes back from Perth in a couple of weeks. Meantime Miss Puss will be taken to a cattery for a couple of weeks at least. This will not improve her lot! I suppose I better get on with sorting that one out as well.
I'm still having problems accessing the server. About every second time I try I get the page not available screen - try again later. What that is all about I don't know, but I'll wait a bit before putting a call in to Suzanne. I'm sure the poor lady is busy enough.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:22 PM   #215  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

I'm checking in. BLAAAHGHH to the snooty bridal gown SaleSnot. The End of My Comment.

Poor Slim slipped and fell yesterday and hurt his back again. ARRGH!!

Work is absolutely Nutz. I've been working lots of overtime; scope has spiraled out of control thanks to some recent unusual management decisions. Fortunately, that's given me the chance to stretch my art of flexibility in planning and project management. Lucky Me!

Hello to all!
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:06 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm back on track due to watching the biggest looser tonight. Something one of the contestants said made me realize that food is not the answer--so I felt the poke of LindaT's prod and got up and exercised tonight. My pity party was I think an excuse. My sister's kids, the oldest being 26 and the youngest almost 16 are mourning the sudden loss of their dad and I do feel their anguish but if my sister can be cleaning the ex husbands house for his relatives then I should move on as well. It is and was a shock to us all.

I'm going to Jonesboro tomorrow for a gyn check up and then to my uncles. I have decided to get new tires and an oil change in Paragould this time.

Hello to all
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:22 AM   #217  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Exclamation Paragould!!

I'LL COME WITH YOU CEEJAY AND WE'LL BOTH GET OUR WHEELS FIXED!!!
I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE BIL AND AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE TOO (MINE ) HUGS FOR ALL OF YOU. GOOD OF YOUR SISTER TO HELP OUT THE FAMILY TOO. SOUNDS LIKE YOUR WEEK HAS BEEN A BUSY ONE TOO. ENJOY THE TRIP!!

MADCAT~ YOUR WEDDING DRESS STORY GAVE ME GOOSEBUMPS!! THANKS FOR SHARING. I NO LONGER GLOW THANK GOD!! WAS AFRAID TO TURN THE LIGHTS OUT SEND TB HERE AS I HAVE LOTS OF WASH!! NO WONDER YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED!! LOL

SHAD~ HOPE THE CEILING IS GOING WELL AND I WAS GOING TO ASK THE SAME THING....ARE THE PLASTERED AND SANDED BITS 'PRIMED' BEFORE YOU PAINT THEM???
KNOWING YOU THOUGH I AM SURE THEY WERE. YOU BEST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CURTAINS ON THE WINDOWS NOW IF YOUR PANTS ARE GOING TO KEEP FALLING OFF!!! A BIG CONGRATULATIONS ON THE JOB!!! A RELIEF I AM SURE ESPECIALLY FOR THE NEXT TRIP!!!
GORGEOUS ROSE. SMELLS GREAT TOO!! POOR SUNDAY....MAYBE I SHOULD TRY A VET TOO!!

MEADOW! JEN HAS AN EXERCISE BALL....WONDER WHAT I COULD USE IT FOR!!! LENTILS AND BARLEY SOUND GOOD AND THE NUTRITIONIST JUST MENTIONED THEM THAT TIME I SAW HER. I HAVE BEEN KEEPING SKINNY MEL SEDATED WITH CHOCOLATE FOR 58 YEARS!!!

HAPPY~ DID I SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DH?! I FORGET!! I LOVE GRILLED ANYTHING SO I WILL FIT RIGHT IN WITH YOUR LITTLE FAMILY!!! AS IN ADOPTION????? I AM AVAILABLE. HAVE MY OWN TRANSPORTATION TOO!! OUR FRIDGES ARE FULL AND NOW ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS EAT THE GOOD STUFF!! GLAD YOU'RE FEELING BETTER AND HOPE IT CONTINUES. THERE HAS BEEN NO RELIEF THIS YEAR FROM SINUS WOES FOR SO MANY!!! BAD WINTER.

HOLLY~ I AM SADDENED TO HEAR ABOUT THAT YOUNG GIRL. WHAT A WASTE OF A YOUNG LIFE.
BUT GLAD YOU AND THE COUNCIL ARE ON THE SAME PAGE. RELIEF IS A GOOD THING AND HELPS WITH STRESS!!! HOPE THE NEXT WEIGH-IN IS A GOOD ONE. I AM AFRAID TO GET BACK ON THE SCALE!!!! AND IF YOU EVER MOVE WITH THE CATS BY THE LAKE DON'T FORGET SOME DVDS!!!

LINUS~ HELLO BACK TO YOU AND WE
LOVE YA TOO!

TIG~ SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT SLIM'S BACK!! YIKES!!!
HOPE HE WILL FEEL BETTER SOON! NO BUMPY RIDES FOR HIM!! LEND HIM YOUR CANE! GOOD LUCK WITH WORK.

YOU GALS WERE A CHATTY BUNCH. I WAS LUCKY I GOT THE 2 LOADS DONE. MORE FORMS. ASKED A GIRL FOR HELP AND GOT SOME. I THINK THE BULK IS DONE NOW. TOMORROW IS THE DR SO I WILL NOT BE HERE. I AM NOT GOING TO GET EXCITED JUST YET BUT AM HOPING THEY LEARNED "SOMETHING"!! THE BODY FEEL MORE LIKE MY OWN NOW AND I INTEND TO KEEP IT THAT WAY.
ONE OF THE TECHS SAID NEXT TIME LEAVE THE "BRASSIERE" AT HOME....I IMMEDIATELY SAID DON'T WORRY CAUSE THERE WON'T EVEN BE A NEXT TIME! TODAY IS A DO NOTHING DAY AND EVERYONE WAS DULY WARNED BECAUSE I NEED A GOOD B.P. READING TOMORROW BEFORE THEY GIVE ME PILLS FOR THAT TOO!
WE'RE STILL WATCHING UPSTAIRS, DOWNSTAIRS AS SOME DVDS ARRIVED FROM THE LENDING LIBRARY. THEY JUST GOT THEM OUT OF STORAGE AND I HAD FORGOTTEN I ORDERED THEM! ONE OF THE HEAD WOMEN HAD SURGERY THIS MORNING FOR A LAP BAND THING. HOPE THIS WORKS FOR HER AS SHE HAS TRIED EVERYTHING ELSE. THE OFFICE WILL BE NUTSO FOR THE 2-3 WEEKS SHE'LL BE OFF!!! MAYBE I SHOULD GO AND GET SEDATED TOO!!!

HAPPY THURSDAY!!! ( I HAD WEDNESDAY HERE!!! MUST HAVE LOST A DAY SOMEWHERE!! ROFLMAO)

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-09-2006 at 09:30 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:08 AM   #218  

2 1/2 hours of 6 kids under my belt. Hair is still intact. 2 big boys gone to school. 3 kids still on their way.
My sweet DS7 and a three yo boy are INTENSE. They share a name and personality. They trigger each other constantly.I am thankful my DS is off to school.

Those still having babies, you may want to PM to find out what name NOT to name your sons!!!!!

It was -17C this morning, about 0F. It has warmed up a couple of degrees. I dont mind these temps but my dear hubby is working outside in it.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #219  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Daily rant begins with the ceiling. I am trying to paint it with a primer/ sealer/ binder. I still haven't got to the top coat. Biggest problem is that the original painter did not do this with the new ceiling and now it has some sort of greasy surface or similar which unless the old paint is removed will not accept any other type of paint. The old paint was (I think) a watered down acrylic but may have been a thinned oil paint. Whatever it was, you can rest assured it was not an expensive paint, nor a fresh paint. The guy was into saving bucks. There is no more than one original paint coat and the part that causes the sealer/ binder to flake is where the joins are plastered. The fault may well lie with the plaster. However yesterday I got up that @#$@# ladder and sanding like my life depended on it. And then spent the rest of the day cleaning up the resulting mess. I think the ceiling is now clean!!! Today will be the test.
Anyway Linus, why isn't your painter dad over here and doing it for me? Could have used a painter I could trust. I dare say there are some over here, but they would be in constant demand and would therefore cost the earth and a bit of Mars. Enough, the ceiling is ready for a first sealing coat today - after I have clean the rest of the kitchen and dining room.

Tig - so sorry to hear about Slim. Poor man. You may have to tie him into carpet slippers and a fireplace to keep him from harms way.

Ceejay - have a safe trip and look after yourself. Your sister was obviously good friends with her ex.
Glad to hear that you are back on the exercise trail once more.

Mel - DS1 goes on about lentils and barley because he is vegetarian. He loves them. Lentil burgers included. I quite like them, but they take a bit longer to prepare and since most of my meals are throw a chicken breast or a fish fillet on the grill and make a big salad, I don't eat them that often. Get off the chocolate merry-go-round or I will have to send you and Meadow to a health farm for a month.

Holly - too cold for me. I'd be looking like the Michelin man and that's only the clothes I would wear inside the house.

Right time to go and get started on the last of the kitchen clean. Then I can begin to paint. I'd like to get the ceiling finished and the walls with at least one top coat on them before I leave for the 'Gong. If I leave for the gong - no sign of the contract on my fax machine yet. No word from either the recruiter or my contracting company. No doubt it will arrive as per normal about 2 days before I am due to start.

I suppose I should also start to think of what clothes to take etc. etc.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:09 PM   #220  

Having a little me time. Dw is running and I ahve a few minute til I make supper. This is my first attempt at a photobucket pic.

If it is enormous I will delete it.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...s/Thebride.jpg

This is my wedding dress I had made for $200. It is a Lord of the Rings/medieval/stuck in the 70's theme.LOL!!! ALL me,anyhow.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:13 PM   #221  

Hey cool.

Have I ever mentioned my Dad is very handsome......particualrily cause we look a lot alike!! LOL! He thinks I am beautiful!! If I had short grey haoir it would be too weird.

This is me taking the plunge.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...oddess/Ido.jpg
Old 02-09-2006, 06:32 PM   #222  

hi folks my little hunny is upstairs with his daddy in his brand new cot for the first time EVER im getting very sore knees running up and down the stairs to check on him hubby keeps laughing but appreciates the extra cups of tea i keep using as an exscuse so you might actually get a half decent post from me as i cant wake him from down here and hubbys keyboard is a super quoiet one that all lights up and even has an lcd on it men and there toys
now before i forget MEL,SHAD,HAPPY you will be pleased to hear that your baby gifts are going to be well used my old down stairs neighbour is due in 3 weeks and has just found out shes having a boy so all the wee mans old clothes have just been shipped up there and if you dont mind ill pass on the baby gifts from you also as my old upstairs neighbour is due in july and because of medical problems shes been told shes having a boy too !!!!!! something in the water up there i think im kind of glad though because christophers been such a lucky baby he has bags and bags of clothes that hes outgrown already and my sisters and craig and his aunty ,s from around the world spent a very pretty penny just for him to be in them such a short time ,adding to the fact that the lass thats due in 3 weeks has a 3 year old and after shed found out she was expecting her boyfreind went back to peru and left her on her own so every thing was very much appreciated
right ladies im going to go and have a bath ill speak to you all later
PA SHAD my dad had 3 strokes quickly followed by a heart attack 7 years ago so i do his decorating now otherwise id send him for you but you have seen some of his work though he used to paint the forth rail bridge lol
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:30 PM   #223  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Shad ~ you are my hero - I can't imagine spending ten minutes on a ceiling. I would have been absolutely worn out or have gotten a shotgun and blasted the blasted ceiling. Then Slim would be putting in a skylight.

Slim is feeling much better, thank goodness. He went for a bicycle ride today for his exercise and felt great afterwards. Whew. I was afraid he'd be on the injured list for a long time.

I've got a new motto for my project at work. The Project that Can't Buy a Break. I ordered a server for parallel testing to get us back on schedule. Of course, the server is on back order with ETA unspecified. Our primary developer had a major health problem and is out of work indefinitely. Can't BUY a break. Harley-Davidson announced that they are going to SAP starting with Financials!! Unfortunately, the H-D home office is in Milwaukee - it's cold there. Otherwise, I might be sending my resume to H-D. I can implement an ERP and I KNOW motorcyles and I know a FANTASTIC SAP trainer! I know - dreamer....
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:26 PM   #224  
Smackin' into a Wall

Tig ~ Oh man, sorry the project is going off the rails in a fine dramatic fashion. It never rains but it rains really, really hard… If it helps, Milwaukee may be cold but it actually a pretty cool little town. There are some terrific brew pubs right on the river. I'm glad Slim is feeling better. Back injuries are so nasty.

Linus ~ Nice to see you typing away.

Holly ~ Cool dress (very Robin Hood) and you do look like your dad.. and he is handsome! You look so happy. Nothing wrong with that.

Shad ~ Honestly you make me hot and sweaty just hearing about painting a ceiling. You are going to end up with triceps of stone after this. If there is any justice, that painter's ears were ringing. Maybe we should start a pool on how close to the deadline the paper work shows?

Mel ~ Good luck with the DR. tomorrow. What did you end up watching? Hope it was good. BRASSIERE??? That's great. I have visions of you travelling with an entire Parisian café.

Ceejay~ glad the pity party broke up early. Good luck running errands and the "poke and prod" as my sister always says.

Not much on today. Busy as heck at work but it looks as if the BORING spreadsheet part might almost be over. I might actually get to write something that is more than 3 sentences in this job. Made it to the gym for workout #3 today. #4 in the slot tomorrow. I'm trying to avoid eating a lot of bread... and I'm strangely feeling a bit better. Still fighting off some sort of viral infection but it's been lurking around for weeks now... for so long it almost feels like an old friend. I wish I could actually just come down with the stupid sickness, feel crappy and stay home for a couple of days and then feel better... instead of feeling "almost sick" endlessly.

Well I am off to bed. Night nice ladies - even those who are absent.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:03 AM   #225  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHORT AND SWEET.....CANCELLED DR APPT. CAN'T MOVE RIGHT SHOULDER/NECK/ARM WITHOUT PAIN. IF I SIT STILL NOTHING HURTS SO THAT'S WHAT I WILL DO FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS. GUESS IT WAS TOO MUCH WASH, CLEANING AND ALL THE WRITING. THIS TOO SHALL PASS.
HELLO EVERYONE. I READ ALL POSTS BUT CAN'T TYPE WELL WITH LEFT HAND BE BACK MAYBE MONDAY. AND I AM HAPPY THE BABY THINGS WILL GO TO OTHER WEE LADS
HAVE GREAT WEEKEND :MOPED:
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote