Old 01-26-2006, 09:48 AM   #121  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELODY525
*YOU CAN FIND JOY IN THE LAND OF OZ!

Ha ha - Mel made a funny - was wondering if anyone would let that one slip by.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:02 AM   #122  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I Have A Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy Down In My Heart.
Down In My Heart
Down In My Heart......la La La
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:05 AM   #123  
Happy September

THE SONG WAS BY INSYDERZ CALLED JOY

I got the joy, joy, joy, joy, joy, joy (3X)
Down in my heart (2X)
Down in my heart to stay
(repeat)
I got the light, light, light, light, light, light (3X)
Down in my heart (2X)
Down in my heart to stay
(repeat)
I got the love, love, love, love, love, love (3X)
Down in my heart (2X)
Down in my heart to stay
(repeat)

just couldn't resist!!
Old 01-26-2006, 10:29 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy--I was wondering if that was happening to just me. I get through posting and then hit the reply button and it say's I'm logged out. Wonder if they have a time limit in here!!! I'd log back in to see if the post was here, it ususally is.

Mel--We used to sing that song in Bible class at church. I've found a whole wheat sugar free bread that is very good.

Shad--Good luck on the plastering today or whatever chores comes along. Is it a time for the prod to be used, oh LindaT.

Tig--Thanks for the advice about the 401k money but on the long run I'm better off opting out of the 401K. I have done the research. I've lost money 2 years in a row in the stock market, not a good thing. I've also been thinking about pulling out anyway and paying off some credit card debts. I'm going with the traditional IRA with an interest rate. If I want to I can still invest in the stock market but with choices I want to make not there's. This is not a rash decision.

On a good note--I've lost 2 pounds since starting the ediet's program. I'm going to take my measurements in a bit and post them later. My blood pressure has come down to 129/79 and pulse is 86 this morning, blood sugar was 118 but I did have a Subway roast beef sandwich and 2 of there chocolate chip cookies.

Exercise-195-45=150 minutes left to go.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:53 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Here's the measurements
Bust-----------45
upper abs------38
lower abs------45
waist----------41
hips-----------46
above knees---29
upper thighs---39
Bicep,right---- 14.5
bicep, left-----14.5
total----------312 inches
My grandpa used to comment that he/she is as wide as they are tall. This is true for me.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:37 PM   #126  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Happy, you could be right and I have reached my set point for old age or whatever. It is 20kgs over what I was from the age of 18 to 32. I consider it too much, my doctor considers it too much and I am stumped for ideas. I shan't give up gym and I will continue to eat well but maybe only for 6 days of the week. I have to give it a try since nothing else is working. And I may go back to the doc for more ideas. Since he is always the one whinging on about the weight, then maybe he can fix it.
Yep, Mel cracked a funny alright - Joy in OZ indeed.

Mel - You'll have us all rolling in the aisles with turnes such as that. I almost founding my self standing and clapping and yelling hallelujah.
Is the electrician cute. I suppose he was about 40 years back. These days he has to have a helper to get up into the roof, since he won't fit!
Nice to know you took the bad news calmly and didn't take the doctors right hand off.

Holly - sounds like you have had an interesting week. Conflict management is always and interesting situation - if you are standing on the sidelines. If you or family are involved as well, then life can get a bit chaotic. Well done you.

Ceejay - Hang on to the measurements, sometimes they are the only sanity in an upside world. Sometimes the only victory as well.

Okay off out of here to continue with plastering, sanding, sealing, sweeping etc. Be careful out there.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:42 PM   #127  

HUGS
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 03:17 PM   #128  

since my keyboard seems to wake my munchkin this could be very short indeed whats happening on the home front well the man from the parks department finally appeared and yes the 60 foot high ash tree thats in my neighbours garden and spans four back gardens has to come down i know that doesnt sound good but if i ever want anything i plant in my garden to grow then it really needs to come down its also killing off the 4 other trees it is in the middle of and apparently it "aint done growing yet" according to the wee man and lo and behold the munchkin is awake i must buy a silent keyboard back later
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 08:04 AM   #129  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

So the clacking of the keyboard wakes up CJ? Hmm perhaps we have to get him a set of headphones with white noise or something Is he afraid he will miss something? I hear you on the tree Linus. They are pretty but with the tree roots and leaves and shade, there is also a down side.

Shad, I hear the frustration in your "voice" about the lack of weight loss. I would speak to the doctor when you see him and show him a journal of what you're doing. And if his only response is work harder at it, well then whack him in the arm with the journal

Mel, good going for not letting the goings on at the doc aggrivate you. Sometimes you have to just roll with it. Because like Holly says, some days are just one long string of conflict resolution and annoyances. You just hope tomorrow will be better.

Ceejay - cute comment of grandpa's - could be true of many of us.

It's off to the rheumatologist this morning. I daresay nothing will change - keep on the meds, move your butt, lose some weight and come back in 6 months.

At least it's Friday, right? The mattress monster had me in it's grips this morning. Told myself, you can sleep in tomorrow, time to get up.

Catch up with you later. Hellos to the rest of the ladies.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 05:16 PM   #130  

happy the matress monster got me i slept in lol back later ladies
kirsty
Old 01-27-2006, 05:17 PM   #131  

happy the matress monster got me i slept in lol back later ladies
kirsty
Old 01-28-2006, 07:44 AM   #132  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

ceejay ~ that was very kindhearted of you to let me know that you had considered all your options. You certainly didn't owe me any explanation, dear one.

linus ~ I was so worried that my first baby wouldn't be able to nap when there was noise, that I inadvertently trained him to nap only when the vacuum was running! I had the cleanest tiny little apartment ever because the only carpet I had was in the little living room that I vacuumed for hours on end!

S'Mellie ~ HA! It WAS very good! Joy in OZ indeed! Does happy get a prize for being the first to call it? Maybe a trip to Jersey and a ride on the wheels of fire?

shad ~ I did go through a version of fasting and lost close to ten pounds. I'm not sure I'd recommend it, though, because my energy level was almost nil. It also made me a little creepy to be around because of how I thought about food. I still think the same way about food - that's how I keep the weight off and keep losing just slower, I'm not fasting any more - I just have to be careful not to get into discussions about food because nobody would ever talk to me again except Slim and he's a bit hard of hearing.

Meadow ~ hope your computer line is up and operational and stable soon. Are the fiber optic cable guys in uniform? (Mel wanted to know)

Madcat ~ I've added thinking about the treadmill to my morning routine. I said something about SMEs in a meeting one time and got a funny look...finally someone asked me if I was talking about the Peter Pan movie! noooooooo, Subject Matter Experts..... We had to start over....

Hello to everyone else!! The plan for today is a run and a ride!
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:19 AM   #133  

My Grandma is 96 today!!! DD and I are going soon to visit. DS hads a party to go to. I called Grandma about coming and my aunt has a full day planned for her. I laughed and said she is always interfering. My Grandma said quite seriously, yes I know. I cracked up.So I need to go first thing to see her.
Last night DS and I went shopping, just the 2 of us. He needed runners(again) and we browsed. Nice to have the one on one. He wears out shoes in 3 months, so that they are literally shredded and falling apart. Even brand name expensive ones.
I am not feeling as run down.

Must shower. HUGS!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:47 AM   #134  
Smackin' into a Wall

Darlings! How the heck is everyone?? Missed being able to post but it was just one of THOSE weeks.

Maybe not posting here is some sort of larger avoidance behaviour. Dunno. I do know that if I don't do something and get to see that darn number of the scale change soon I am going to have to steal a car and go on a long road trip in the desert with a woman name Thelma…

On the other hand, I'm obviously not watching what I eat. I am exercising… finished day 4 yesterday… day five will be tomorrow morning. I have shifted the schedule around a bit so I'm now going to the Tuesday through Friday mornings. I'm body tired by Friday, but it seems to be easier than breaking up my routine in the middle of the week. I'm going to take Saturdays and Mondays off.

I really like the idea of following the diabetics diet. Maybe I'll have to take a look. I pay for an ediets membership – I should either use it or lose it.

Linus ~ thanks for the suggestion about the wedding. I hadn't even thought about those details. I'll have to ask someone to be sure that is all done, if I'm being spastic myself. Luckily we aren't flying out until the next night, so at least we will have the Saturday for running around, returning DB's tux, recovering, etc. Your keyboard can wake the wee man? Wow, that is impressive hearing. I'm with you, yes, trees are nice, but only if you want a garden full of hostas, impatiens and ferns.

Shad ~ Working through on the last workout of the week when you are body bone tired by Friday is really hard. I think the important thing is that you still do it. What about switching up one of the days with something more relaxing like Yoga or a Pilates class just for some variety? Do you think that might help? HUG I know exactly how you feel about the lack of progress. I'm not sure fasting is the answer since everything I read talks about the adverse effect it can have on metabolism. Heck, there must be something though, right? Here's a challenge… maybe we both need to find one of those 3 weeks to a better body healthy eating and exercise routines and see if we can jumpstart something. What do you think? Screw the set point…I refuse to believe in it. So there!

Meadow ~ Should we be making a film starring Jodie Foster of your week and call it The Silence of the Chocolate? Hope the 'puter guys finish soon.

Happy ~ What re you thinking would make you, well, happy? A new hobby? A change of scenery? Involvement in a new group or activity? What are you thinking? Change can be good.

CeeJay ~ I have to admit to being a lazy investor and sticking mostly to diversified mutual funds. Of course, I'll probably be working until I'm 70 at this rate. You have to ultimately do what you feel most comfortable with. And WAY TO GO on your ediet success. That's what we like to see.

Holly ~ sorry conflict is swirling around you like bees. So exhausting. Hang in there. Happy birthday to your beloved Grandma! Hope she has a wonderful day.

Mel ~ Are you on some sort of person 12 step program "God grant me the serenity etc…"?? You are doing so great in the face of not so great circumstances. I feel as if I walked into a musical for a moment… and everyone burst into song!!!

Tig ~ I have the sudden urge to quote TS Eliot: "Between the idea/ And the reality/ Between the motion / And the act/ Falls the Shadow " Don’t let the shadow get you!. SME doesn't seem to be a universal term. The last bank contract I had was working on a project in the Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) area. I was confused the whole time. I ended up talking to a lot of SME SMEs. The Peter Pan comment made me laugh. I had totally forgotten Mr. Smee. Enjoy your run and your ride today.

Well I better get on with my day. Bills to pay, water to drink, rethinking to do. W have a combo Rabbie Burns/ Chinese New Year party to go to tonight (Och Aye Fat Choy). Gawd, you have to love being Canadian sometimes. And I will practise moderation (if it kills me).
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:16 AM   #135  
Happy September

Cool Dancing in the aisles!!! Why Miss Joy I love that idea!

We'll have a Jamboree and sing all weekend!! That song is contagious and I used it a few times to stay CALM yesterday!!

Ceejay~ Bible class is where I too learned that song!! I am looking for a yeast free bread now. Someone told me to read the label of "spelt" bread.
What is the name of your bread?

Shad~ Still going hammer and tongs at the DIY
I think about you every first of the month! Weigh and Measure will be on my agenda. I want to see how many inches I am up! Stomach here is huge!! When I go to the Gyne they'll think I went and got preggie....and at this age too

Linus~ glad you got a wee lie in. Jen's bird hates the keyboard and yells at me to stop when he wants to sleep!! How does your garden grow? With any Cockleshells? If you get a decent sized one send it here Love, Aunt Fannie

Happy~ At least your Drs give advice!!! I have to just about DRAG any info I want out of their mouths like a bad tooth!! Hope the news wats as good as can be expected

Tig~ Your comment to Madcat cracked me up and I don't even know what real SME's are!!!!! But I do remember Petewr pan's!!! Ahhhh.....today's generation!!

Holly~ I am frigging tired of conflicts and resolutions and wish whoever is running this show would go and try someone else's patience too!! We need a break
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA AND GOD BLESS!!

I am patting myself on the back this morning and feeling good. All appointments are confirmed now with transportation. Ducks are lined up in a row. Spent the day food shopping, saw the veggie man (wonder what HE would charge per hour:rofl), and later in the office. What wasn't done in the last 2 weeks is now accomplished If I am not careful my arm will become very long from all this self back patting I think I will give the Malls a miss for a few weeks unless they go to the one I have xmas gift cards for. I might need some extra cash if these Dr appts take longer than expected. Lunch money is a good thing!!!
Nothing is new here. I only lost one day of exercising because I just ran out of steam Weds after the Dr fiasco.
Not a bad track record for January but no pounds lost!

Happy Weekend to you all and stay well
Where is everyone else? LISA? NAE? MISS TEEL? MEADOW? PW? HOTCUP AND HER DIAMONDS? WHO AM I FORGETTING?!?!?