Old 02-10-2006, 08:23 AM   #226  

Miss Mad~ I have always complained thta what is attractive on a 60 yo man is not necessarily good for a 40 yo woman. LOL!!

Mel~ HUGS

Linus~ good for Hubby!! and the wee boy.

“Just spent $500 on the van and tonight the motor started spewing brown gunk. Hubby thinks it is blown gaskets. we will ned a new motor. Hubby can do it but it will take a few days and at least another $500. Enormous sigh. not going to worry, not going to worry, not going to worry...............” .....from last night.

So I am up for the day, 6 hours after I wrote this.

Been telling myself it will all work as it should. Just gotta believe it.

It is a 9 kid’s day. 5 kids in school. 4 for the day here. Usually go to the Early Years Group but no wheels.

One of my families are going part time. The Grandma is taking the boy on non school days. They just cant afford the daycare costs. I am trying not to be judgemental about how much beer they drink and all the big boys toys they buy, like new snowmobiles,4 wheelers, new stainless BBQ etc...........
We all make different choices for different reasons and we all have different life experience and choose to do things differently.

This coffee sure takes good.
HUGS and BLESSINGS!!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:32 AM   #227  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning. Chaos in the city here. HEAVY SNOWSTORM WARNING - 1 to 3 INCHES EXPECTED - seriously, that was the weather report this morning

Everyone is in a panic at the store. No bread or milk to be found on the shelves. Why does everyone buy bread and milk when it storms? Do they sit around eating toast and chocolate milk?

It's too early to tell how the storm will track so we probably won't know until this afternoon what exactly we can expect - if the deep cold creeps a bit more south - we'll get more snow than rain.

My cupboards are well stocked with milk and bread and I do have a 4 wheel drive SUV so I should be fine. Actually they said it's not our own driving that's an issue but the goofs who can't drive on dry pavement let alone the wet stuff that you have to be concerned about.

Should be an interesting day...

hope you feel better Mel - if I was closer I'd come over and give you a massage.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 03:19 PM   #228  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

I'm up bright and early on a Saturday morning I know, however the cat would not allow me to sleep in this morning. She jumped all over me and made the biggest racket you ever heard at around 4.30am despite the fact that I was awake at 2.00am and didn't get back to sleep until 3.30am. Darned cat.

All bets are off - the paperwork arrived more or less intact on my fax machine and e-mail yesterday. Although I know who I am working for, I have no idea where they are in the Wollongong/ Illawarra area, so need to find that vital piece of information out. Now all I have to do is sign on the dotted line, and fax back to the managment agency and the recruiting company - once I have found somewhere to stay for the duration. I need an out of town address for Living away from Home allowance and tax purposes. The DS2 has agreed to live in for the duration (apart from the week he is away in Perth) while I am away so I don't have to take up cudgels with the insurance company again and I need to book Miss Puss into a cattery for that time. Going to be busy this next week I can see.

I wore myself out yesterday cleaning up the mess from the latest sanding. Fair go is there anyplace that dust doesn't get? The kitchen has been washed from top to bottom and I still find the odd place that I missed. Every plate, cup, saucer, pot and pan and everything washable in between has been washed and scrubbed. All cupboards emptied, cleaned out, sorted, odd stuff chucked and the rest dusted. Floor, skirting boards, walls, kickboards scrubbed and wiped. Then I started on the dining room about the time DB2 came barging in and wanted to know why I wasn't watching the footy on tv. So we watched the last half of footy and my second favourite team in the competition won which will please the Niece well although she will be mad she didn't see it. Anyway to get back to the cleaning, I still have a couple of things left in the dining room to scrub and onto the painting today before DB2 and Niece arrive for a marathon session of footy tonight. We are having a pizza for dinner - DB2 is buying, and I'll make some kind of salad. He was going to take the kids to the local pub to watch the games but there are poker machines there and I wasn't too happy about that, although he says he is okay with it. Why put yourself to the temptation?

Happy - we get the same thing when there are reports of heavy rain and thunderstorms and threats of flooding. The stores get cleaned out of stock. It's a good idea to go in the following day to do your shop, no crowds, and fresh stock - it's wonderful!! Drive safely and look out for idiots. Yesterday I went down to the ATM to get some money out for the DB2 and saw an accident at the traffic lights. One 4 x 4 on it's roof and on the pavement and another being dragged out of the middle of the intersection by a tow truck - badly dented along the right hand side. Horror upon horror they both had baby seats in them. Since it was around school finishing time I sincerely hope there wasn't any kids in either of the vehicles. I have yet to figure out why 4x4 drivers consider they are driving the equivalent of a Saracen tank and can be hurt only by missile fire. These vehicles are less manouverable and just as vulnerable as my hatchback.

Holly - so sorry to hear about the van. That $$$ sure takes a lot of raising when you have children, mortgage and limited income. Hope it gets better for you soon and you can get rid of the old and find something newer and more reliable.

Mel - sorry to hear that you are not well. Maybe your neck and shoulders have gone out in sympathy with mine? Mine will be infernally glad when the ceiling is finished. It's never going to look great, but it will look okay. Rest up and look after yourself. Try a jigsaw puzzle to keep the mind occupied and the hand working quietly. Tuck the chin into the chest every so often to ease and stretch those muscles.

Madcat - sometimes bread, especially really fresh stuff, makes me feel quite gassy and upsets the tummy - problem is, it smells so good. All these life choices. But you are right. Limiting the bread severely does seem to help.
Gym work outs are going well. You go girl!!!!

Tig - my shotgun would have been aimed at the painters backside and not at the ceiling. However 'tis nearly done. I shouted myself a glass of wine with dinner just to celebrate the end of the lbig sand job. I still have a few window surrounds to go but that's easy stuff compared to the ceiling. Next time I call in a painter. If I put in a skylight - it would be big enough to cover the entire lounge and dining room and probably kitchen. Wouldn't need windows then.
Sorry to hear about the project which has no breaks. Some are just not meant to be I am convinced of this. Shut it down and start again Meantime when you get onto the H-D project let me know. Don't know a lot about H-D (have one front wheel and one back wheel, some look funny and they all use pudding basins for crash helmuts) but I'm a quick learner.

Linus - I am happy to hear that CJ's clothes and toys are going to worthy causes. So sad to hear that another child will grow up not knowing who his father is, but sh*t happens frequently as far as babies and children go these days.

Okay, cat is squawking once more. God knows what for this time. I think she just wants attention. I need to go get on with the day, finish cleaning up before gym and then getting some paint on the ceiling. Siesta calls this afternoon I think. It might even rain, but then again Pigs might fly as well.

Last edited by Shad; 02-10-2006 at 03:25 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:40 PM   #229  

Shad~ congrats!! Sounds like everything is lining up. Our house has issues just like your ceiling. Makes one shake their head and sometimes curse!

Our van is old but a GMC truck and they dont really wear out. The parts are accesible and hubby can do most of the repairs. We could not even begin to consider a car payment. It will work out. We will use credit. We dont have any other debt besides our mortgage. Still cheaper than any other alternative.

It is a pain in the rear but not a great tragedy.One step forward, two back. Y'all know the dance I am sure.

I had to lay down this aft. 4 nights of up til midnight waking at 6am took it's toll. I napped when the kiddies did.

Valentine party tonight.It will be relaxing. I hope.

HUGs and HAPPY WEEKEND TO ALL!!!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 08:19 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel--Sorry you don't feel well.

Shad--Glad you have some work lined up to do.

Linus--I know that having your hubby help with the cj is giving you some free time. Enjoy it.

Happy--We have 2 inches of the beautiful white snow. The roads are still clear right now but the weathermen are expecting black ice overnight.

Holly--loved the dress. you made a beautiful bride.

I had a successful gyn visit and found out that my ovaries are not the cause of my pain in the lower right side of my body. My ovaries, in fact, have shrunk. The ultra sound showed that its the IBS that is the culprit, and he has suggested that I take Metamucil or Citracel fiber laxative.

After the doc's visit yesterday I drove to Paragould. My aunt wanted me to go to the basketball game with her and take the kids. They really enjoyed it. Whitney said it was like paradise. She didn't want to go home. We won both the girls and boy's games. The girls game was a little more exciting, they were behind and got aggressive in the second half to pull off the win.

I'm watching Dancing with the Stars and later on will be watching some of the ice skating events from the olympics. Guess I need to get up and ride the bike while I'm watching this.

Have a good day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:48 PM   #231  
Radiate self!

Default It's Friday!

I've done eight miles this week and boy are my talons tired :P

Mel-I'm so sorry you are aching I found one of your little friends trying to bury something on the internet, so much mischief online

Shad-ALRIGHT! employment, new digs and Sunday will not be in cat care for too long! How is your neck? Looking up is great but yikes, that ceiling needs to be farmed out. You sure you couldn't paint some sky and clouds and ignore the bumps? There is a beach chair waiting for you

Holly-You and the kids get along alright? That is awful about the van, those bills out of the blue are scary. You look so blissed out in your wedding dress, ever the radiant bride Hope the Vday party was a blast! Let's have a fresh pot of coffee and you can tell me all about it

Ceejay-sorry that the bowels are making themselves felt. Why can't those darn internal organs just do their job quietly and not make a fuss? Why don't you dance along with the stars and sweat that way? Whee!

Happy-are you stuck in a snowbank? How was it? Did you make your own bread and steal into a field to milk a cow? You could always have juice and crackers

Linus-That is so great that CJ is upstairs and you get to play on the computer! Pass the little bundle off to hubby and those beautiful other sons of yours more often

Madcat-drink your juice, eat your apples and wash your hands. You will shake off this bug that is trying to catch you. I hope the spreadsheets have all been sorted and you can focus on yourself and the fun stuff. I find eating bread leads to eating more bread. Hmm, addictive?

Tig-good to hear Slim is on the mend. Sorry that work is such a headache. Breathe. Go for a run, let those endorphins make you feel good.

PainterWoman-where are you? How are you? are you reading? painting? knitting? I bought a large canvas and some acrylics, plus three new paint brushes. A hundred and fourteen dollars later and I'm ready to let the muse loose on that Spanish dancer via my hands/eyes/technique

Linda how is Sonoma Land?
Rose are you reading?
Teel are you still being the visitor? Now who else is missing?
Lisa, are you out there sweety?
RavenToy, come on in, tell us what you are up to.
Jennifer and Carla, where did they go? Was one of them from New Orleans and is still displaced?

Hang in there worldly chicks
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:54 AM   #232  
Choose your hard

Some pics from today's snow storm. Yes, I know, to most it's like ... so, big deal but it was a big deal here. Everyone fled early as if it was the end of the world - and did they slow down in icy conditions?

Old 02-11-2006, 03:54 AM   #233  
Radiate self!

Lovely winter wonderland you are enjoying Happy How quiet and peaceful it looks, how fairs the kitty?
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:48 AM   #234  

Power YAWNNNN! Fell alseep with the tube on by 10:30pm. Slept til 8am. Still feel tired. Looong week. Woke to DD5 whining,DS7 yelling. Life is good!!! LOL!!!!!

The party was fun. Not as good a turn out as usual.
I am sure others have experienced this but here is my vent....
In Sept we have our Annual Sunday School Meeting. Several parents sit there,some bring lists, and complain about how things are being done and make dozens of suggestions. I am Superintendent. I hear all this and do what I can to make SS positive and fun and exciting for everyone.
For our Valentine Party I had 2 women from Creative Memories(scrap booking company) come to make Valentines with everyone. The cards are $2 each to make but they are volunteering their time. It has been announced in the bulletin and newsletter and I called everyone. I had support and interest before I invited them and hardly anyone made cards. I am sooooo disappointed.
And I was somewhat embarrassed by our congregaton. No one even thanked these women for what they did.They were ignored ,really.
Done venting.

Hubby is out already taking apart my van. We still haven't decided if we will take it to the shop. He is going to pull apart as much of the motor as he can to see what is happening. We will have to get it towed anyhow.

The house is monumentally untidy.That will be my first task, tidying up.
I will need to deliver some Avon orders. DS has hockey at 6, we leave at 5. I will arrange to drop orders at 4:30 in town.Hubby is doing all the driving me around. The togetherness my make us crazy. Egads, I am independant!!
He drives the sport model Saturn. The seats are low and tilt back. I hate it! LOL!!! I drive a GMC Safari. It is a TRUCK!! A big ,beautiful, roomy truck!!! I can fit 6 car seats into for 6 kids. It rocks!!! I LOVE my GMC!!! LOL!!!!

Coffee is kicking in!!

Loved all the pics Meadow!!!!!!!

Have a glorious morning.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:11 PM   #235  
Choose your hard

Good morning all,

It's cool but bright and sunny. Since we had the kind of snow that was wet and heavy, it really piled up in the tree branches. Now with the warmth of the sun, it's melting enough to make slushy bombs that fall from the great heights of the trees and whommph! below. There are trees all over here so there's no escaping them, be careful where you walk.

I hear your rant Holly. I chalk it up to people being very self absorbed. It's all about me, me, me and oh let me tell you all about me. You do something to bring folks together and they can't be bothered, yet they still complain. How are you doing on the yoga / cardio / food changes in your signature?

Wonderful pictures as always Meadow. I like your little eeking smilie too! The cats have scattered to who knows where, I'm sure we will see them again when it dries up a bit. I'm sure they would rather sit under a tree than to walk in the icy, slushy water. At least the birds get a chance to get a little more seed in before the hunters start lurking again. How are your talons feeling this morning - loved your remark and the chicken pic. You are quite witty.

Ceejay - wasn't the snow pretty? Did the doctor offer any dietary changes for the IBS besides the fiber supplement?

Shad, kind of sounds like you will not be coming home each weekend - does that mean you won't be posting as often - just when we got used to having you around on a regular basis. I hope the last of the ceiling comes out ok - if not consider installing timbers or textured tiles. You have infinitely more patience than I. Poor Sunday has to go to boarding school - no wonder she's not a happy little kitty.

Mel, I heard on the weather channel that our snow is drifting it's way up to you. Possible makings of a n'reaster they say - or should I say naw-eees-tah Get out the teapot, a nice warm blanket and park yourself by a window - it is pretty to watch, not to be out in. Now warnings of a noreaster - that's reason to run to the store and shore up the cupboards. Hope you are feeling better today.

Linus, it's good to hear that the baby clothes can be recycled. It's a shame they grow so fast they can only wear them for a short time. Too bad to hear about the woman who's boyfriend ditched her. It burns me that some guys delight in HOW to make a baby but won't stand up to their responsibilities after the fact It's good of you to help out. In a few years CJ will have lots of little playmates.

Hey, Milwaukee is a nice place. A bit cold in the winter but that's why they have lots of beer My nephew and his wife live near the Harley offices. Everyone wants to work there because they think it's a cool place so it's hard to get in there. People forget it's a place of business - that the job entails more than employees riding around the lot on bikes. It is a huge place tho.

Madcat, good going on keeping up with the gym workouts. Any more progress on the wedding?

What's happened to you Miss PW? And is Nae snowed in? We seem to have lost a few faces.

Coffee cup is empty - must mean it's time for washing and scrubbing and I've got a newsletter to write. Have a good weekend.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #236  

Happy~ you pics are nice, although I did chuckle. That is what we call alight dusting here.Mild even.It is all what you are used to.

I am doing okay with my personal challenge.Last week was hard cause of 3 extra kids.
I AM about to go out for a wlak . I am feeling edgey.

HUGS!!
Old 02-11-2006, 06:15 PM   #237  

Meadow, I haven't really gone away, am just in lurker mode. I do keep up with all of your posts, and keep planning to participate, but it had been so long I expected I had been forgotten. Just a shy little shrinking violet, that's me.

And right now I have to go get ready for a party I don't want to go to, where I will eat and drink far too much, and which will cause me to be very sorry tomorrow when I have to get up for work that will, fortunately, help with the depleted bank account. So no time for an update.

But now that I'm back, I'll try to post more regularly. Thanks for thinking of me!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:35 PM   #238  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Meadow ~ you really brightened the weekend with the pics. You are so creative! THANKS!!
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #239  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Life just gets more interesting the further you go into it. Don't you just love it. Wouldn't be dead for quids! I see we have some Valentines smilies. Hey, cutie.

Here's some for all the loving couples here in nice relationships - like Happy, Linus, Tig, Meadow, Holly, and Painterwoman The rest will miss out on the hearts and flowers. Oooohhhhh well.

Carla, how could you think you were forgotten. We tend not to forget the ones that are on this thread. Whether they drop out for time constraint reasons or motivation reasons or whatever - we don't forget. I'm an elephant in the memory department. I remember back to the beginning.

Holly - sorry that you are developing cabin fever. I can't say that I am surprised - I'm more surprised that you are still sane - or are you??? All those kids and kittens etc.
Vent away - it often seems that the more you do for some folk, the more they find to complain about. Wouldn't matter if you gave them double gold ingots, someone would eventually complain that they weren't the right shape!

Happy - dive bombing trees Is this one of those:
Only in the States........... tales?
I'm hoping to be home most weekends. It is only an hours drive from Wollongong to Sydney and there are planes from there every half hour. I shall try to get a late Friday flight out and late Sunday flight back. We will just have to see how it goes and how I can safely park the car at Sydney. These are things I will be investigating during the week. Some flights are as little as $89 each way which is cheaper than staying in an apartment for the weekend. Book early is the key.
Are you planning to join Tig's team to take on a SAP implementation in Milwaukee? You can be the Business Warehouse consultant.
Quote:
and did they slow down in icy conditions?
Betcha booty they didn't!!!! Nice pics. The snow is just right. Here today, gone tomorrow. About as much of it as I could stand.

Meadow, thank you for the bright and shiny pictures to shake up my Sunday. They gave me a chuckle or two.

Madcat - are you out planting the rosebushes for the bridal bouquet. I have a David Austin cream/ yellow old English rose here you can use! Fabulous fragrance, fabulous texture. Just what the best dressed bride wants!

Ceejay - get on that bike and ride while you are watching tv. It's a great way to get exercise and entertainment together. Hope the doctor comes up with something to fix that IBS for you.

Well most of the plans for football and pizza went out of the window yesterday when DB2 rung to say his car was kaput in the carpark of the nearest shopping centre. He thought it was battery and he was there to pick up the daughter at 4.00 to come to watch the footy at 4.30. Off I go like a good big sister. We take out the battery, find the daughter, get back to the car, fit the new battery (after taking one back because they had sold us the wrong one) and the car still wont start. Find some friends who 'KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT CARS' according to my niece and who seem to know less than I do because I said it was either fuse, relay or solenoid and they said starter motor. The game we wanted watch is half over. Get hold of the mechanic. Get hold of the RACQ - we'll be there within an hour. I go home after 30 minutes to watch the last of the game and ring DB some 40 minutes later to find the RACQ has just arrived. The problem appears to be the cable from the relay. He can get the car going but once it is stopped, it will not be able to be started again. Arrange to meet the DB and niece at the mechanics place. Arrive home around 1 hour later. The pizza is not bad but I don't want another for some time thanks. We got to watch the last game of the night which was definitely not the game we originally set out to watch. DB is to ring me today to let me know when he needs to go pickup the son and take the daughter home.

So I am thinking about what to do today that means I won't get stuck in the middle of a job when he rings. Maybe fertilising, mulching and watering pot plants may be the go.

Better go sort myself out. What to have for lunch??????
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:05 PM   #240  
Smackin' into a Wall

Melly-mel~ Cattle prod anyone? Take it easy for a few days and hope you are back and pain free shortly. Feel better!

Holly~ "We all make different choices for different reasons and we all have different life experience and choose to do things differently". Those are definitely words to live by. To understand is to forgive all, as the Buddha would have said. Good attitude. Sorry that you aren't getting active participation from others in your endeavour. It's easy for people to be supportive – but try to get them to do any work is another thing - the bane of volunteer groups everywhere.

Happy ~ 1 to 3 inches??? I think toast and chocolate milk is probably perfect snow day food. You are probably right – it's not the snow so much as the inexperience and the lack of equipment to move the snow. On the other hand, we don't even have 3 inches here. It snowed on Friday and it was, well, nice. I missed the snow… and your pictures are so pretty. It's only when it melts and gets all slushy it's not so great. Don't you love the sound of snow falling?

Shad ~ so sorry you keep running into street accidents. I hope no one was hurt in the 4x4 accident. Good sign if the car seats were empty. That is rather frightening. Take it a bit easy today and take that nap. Glad to hear all the paperwork is finally in order, and that you getting organized. Now all you have to do is find a gym to work out in at the new location. Is there one?

Ceejay~ Is it good when ovaries shrink? I guess ruling out causes is a start. Good luck with that. Cool that the kids enjoyed the games and the victories.

Meadow ~ LOL I loved the pictures! Yes, bread leads to more bread for me too... just like eating fatty foods leads me directly to dessert. Better to just walk away.

Carla ~ So nice to see your head pop up above the trenches. Good luck at the party. Don't forget – drink – water – drink – water…

No further wedding stories for now. I am taking the weekend off from the hunt for a dress. I'm enlisting the help of a friend from out of town maybe next weekend. Shad, your roses sound great. I love the sound of them. I was actually thinking of white roses… and then white flowers elsewhere, but it all depends on the colour of the stinkin' dress.

Had lunch out with the in-laws. Portugeuse fish and chips.. and now I am having a very "musical bum" night. Good thing I am loved.

Been watching the Olympics. The poor Italian Woman's hockey team were humiliated by the Canadian team. They lost 16-0 and only managed 5 shots on the Canadian goal. Host country or no host coutry, that was just mean to even put them on the ice. But I have to say they never gave up... Pretty impressive.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote