Old 02-03-2006, 06:13 PM   #181  

mel forgot me ,sob sob still teething and the little horror has just gone to sleep so who am i to wake him????? back soon
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:37 PM   #182  
Radiate self!

Linus, even if you aren't mentioned by name you are never far from any of our thoughts. We know how tough having a little, needy one is. I hope you are getting some good help and a relief person to spell you off so you can get some fresh air and a shower now and then
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #183  

TGIF!
I ought to be pooped and in bed.
I cleaned yesterday (FINALLY!!!) with DH's help.
and made dinner for a women's group. (They pay and it goes into the treasury.) They cleaned their little plates!
Then had clients today and went to an ethics presentation that was actually pretty good. I learned a new word.
SUPEREROGATION It means doing more than is required. That's what I need with my feeding/exercising plans.
Though I must say that all that extra moving around and standing sure made my ankles tired!

Thanks to all who sent the rain this way this morning.
More soon.

Best to all.
Mel -- glad your glow juice etc is working out OK. Ask a SouthPark fan about Mr. Hankie.....
Shad: Great kitty portrait.
Linus: I didn't forget you. Hope the nicotine is barely a wispy memory and that your toothy wonder boy is settled.
Meadow: I love your tag lines and good cheer.
Ceejay: Keep losing those inches... bravo, girly!
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:16 AM   #184  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

lINUS i AM SOOOO SORRY HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL AND MAKING PROGRESS!!!

PAINTER~ SUPEREROGATION SEEMS TO BE SOMETHING I DO MYSELF!! YOU WILL LAUGH....I WAS AT THE DRS OFFICE THE OTHER DAY AND THE TV WAS ON. THEY HAD 'STARTING OVER' ON (A PROGRAM GIVING CHOSEN WOMEN A FRESH START) AND I HAD AN EPIPHANY. THEN HAD THE TEST AND NOW CANNOT REMEMBER WHAT IS WAS I LEARNED!!!! GLAD YOU HAD CLIENTS AND GET OUT THERE AND MOVE YOU WENCH!!

MEADOW~ GLAD YOU HAD SOOTHING PICS AND WORDS FOR OUR LINUS!! HOW IS LIFE???

I HAVE NOT FELT THE SAME SINCE THE TEST. ANOTHER ROUND OF LAXATIVE TODAY AND SOFT FOODS AND LIQUIDS FOR A FEW DAYS. IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE GLOW JUICE MAKING THINGS FEEL "NUMB:
I NEED MY GRANDMA!!!
HOPEFULLY THINGS WILL ALL WORK OUT IN THE END I AM GOING TO LIE DOWN AND READ.
TAKE CARE AND HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:34 AM   #185  

Hello all!!
Now that suprised you all, didn't it??!!
Here I am sitting in Alan's study using his computer to do a post whilst he is making a snack luinch...we are eating later...roast beef with everything...
It has been great to see them all although the weather has been a bit of a disaster area...very cold and damp and drizzley...today as it happens it is the best day so far....not quite though!!!!

How are you all? It was great to have a good natter with Linus the other weekend before I came away for the week. I heard a few gurgles from Christopher too..happy ones...not a scream down my ear!!!!
Nice picture of the cat, Shad!! Which reminds me, I wonder what Holly is doing on her holiday? Apparently she is being an absolute angel....(!!!!????)

Oh lunch is beckoning so I'll post and be back later!!!!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:11 AM   #186  

:: I lost my post!!!!!
It said I wasn't logged in and I was! Honest injun I was!!! Anyway I am now...having logged in with capitals and forgetting it's all case sensitive I got told I had 4 tries left out of five or I'd get locked out...lucky I realised about the case sensitive or I'd be throwing a tantrum by now.....
Now what was I saying in my last post?
Oh yes...we have now had lunch....last night we went to Frankie and Benny's and the food was excellant and we all had starters and a main and a desert...yummy I had vanilla cheesecake...shame it wasn't a non smoking zone...we could have had smoked chicken.....hee hee

This'll make you giggle....the computer tower is on the floor right by my left knee and 4 times....yes....4 TIMES I have knocked the eject button with my knee and the cd has shot out so I have shoed it back in and started it all over again....We have now reached track 11 which is a bit of a miracle as before the furthest I had got to was number 9...4.times!!.....4 TIMES...
I am abley being helped by a young lady called Niamh who is 6 years old and even now a computer whizz in the making...
Now I shall bring this to a close so that Niamh can see the results of her hard work...she has been putting in all the emoticons for me...and we shall finish with a dozen or so of my favourite...hee hee hee....I think the Derbyshire air has invaded my brain....

Bye all!!!!!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 12:39 PM   #187  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning to the chickies of the world,

Hi Teel - I see your egg light still lit. Sounds like you are having a lovely visit despite the weather. Hope Holly is having a wonderful a time too. I know what you mean about the computer towers - I am forever kicking into mine. Secretly I think they aim for your feet and legs.

Mel, sorry to hear that things are a bit sluggish on the plumbing. Try eating pears if you like / can tolerate them. And lots and lots of water.

SUPEREROGATION - so what we do each and every day has a name now. Sounds like you've had a busy weekend PW, keep movin' and groovin'! Mr. Hankie - good one!

Linus, I hope the little guy is going to grow up to invent something that will make his Mum rich or at least comfortable in her later years. He sure is giving you reasons for your hair to stand on end, doesn't he? Were the other two like this too?

So Madcat did the eye doctor say your eyes were stabilizing or your vision was getting better? I would love it if my vision got better - just gets worse and the doctors say that's what happens when you get old. even the eye surgery (not that I could handle that) would not help. Did you at least get a little weekend R&R time back from a busy week?

Holly, your diet plan sounds like a good one. How is it going for you?

So Shad, how was the weekend spent - digging, cleaning and shuffling people around? Do you still see that little Japanese girl (Mika???) that you met at the airport? Not that you don't have enough people to attend to.

Meadow, I hope the chocolate is at bay (or tossed in the bay) and you have been trotting away and racking up the miles.

Ceejay - good going on the loss. It's true that you know yourself best and you have to decide what is the best plan for you. Of course you know we will always be at the ready to offer advice, but you are under no obligation to listen to us

As for me, it's been a tough week. Lots of stress in many ways. As a result I ended the week with not only with back strain but another cold to boot. It made me realize how important it is not to let things get to me - I have to believe the stress affects the immune system. And I have had a contractor on board for the last 3 weeks. We have been going to lunch every day - he's Vietnamese so we've been going to more healthy eating places rather than Mc D's and fast food joints but still I have regained the weight I lost. Seem to go back and forth between 5 pounds lose a bit, gain it back - the struggle to lose is always more effort than gaining it back. He has gone back home for 2 weeks so I have a chance to take control again and bring my lunch - I always eat better when I bring my lunch. Stopped logging my food and I have been pretty bad at the exercise this week - water has been great tho! Why is it always I can master one but not do well at all 3? Tomorrow is DH's birthday. He said a steak on the grill, baked potato and tossed salad is good enough celebration for him. I will be happy to accomodate and today it's back to the routine again. I will be on the treadmill this afternoon - tissues, water and all.

On a positive note, I am making sure I take care of at least 2 to 3 little things around the house each day. Just little stuff like cleaning a counter or putting away extra blankets - but each task leaves things more tidy and that makes me feel good. I also don't have those things nagging me each time I pass by and see them.

Hellos to the rest of the group, time for me to get busy.

Well I see our new server move did nothing to address the issue of losing your logon. Thank goodness for the back button on the browser - otherwise I'd have lost my post. Most perplexing is that as I write my post - it shows I AM logged in at the top of the page. Then I go to post and kicks me right out...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:17 PM   #188  
Happy September

COULD ONE OF YOU LOVELY WOMEN SEND ME A PM SO THAT 3FC WILL SEND AN E-MAIL? I SEEM TO HAVE LOST NOTIFICATION AGAIN WITH THE CHANGE. FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CANNOT REMEMBER WHAT I DID THE LAST TIME! ROFLMAO

TEEL~ I FORGOT YOU WERE GOING ON A "TRIP" AND HOLLY WOULD BE ON VACATION ALSO SO NICE TO HAVE SOMEONE DO THE EMOTICONS. NIAMH DID A WONDERFUL JOB!!! GOOD TO SEE YOU. HAVE YOU DECIDED WHERE THE BIG VACATION WILL BE YET?! INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW SO THEY CAN PACK THEIR VICARIOUS BAGGAGE! :ROFL: YOUR TOWER STORY HAD ME IN STITCHES!!

HAPPY~ I TOO AM TRYING THE CLEAN AS YOU GO BY IT ROUTINE. THE APT DOES LOOK A BIT BETTER HERE TOO. I FEEL LESS 'PANICKY' TOO. I AM HAVING A TOUGH TIME WITH GETTING 3 THINGS GOING AT THE SAME TIME!!!
WHAT IS WITH THAT ANYWAY?! LOL HOPE THE WEEK IS A GREAT ONE AND WOULD YOU PLEASE DO ME A FAVOR AND PUT MY 'WHEELS OF FIRE' BACK ON? I TRIED TO FIND IT ON MY PC AND IT IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. THIS DANG COMPUTER ONLY LOADS ANIMATED AVATARS!!! GOD!!!! I WOULD BE EVER SO HAPPY TO SEE MY WHEELS AGAIN. I MISS THEM.
THANKS!!! AND I CAN "APPRECIATE AND BE GRATEFUL" FOR YOU AND OUR FRIENDS HERE. LOVE THE SIGGIE.

OFF I GO AGAIN
Old 02-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #189  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Sent you a PM Mel. And an email with your avatar.

Since we post pretty regularly here - why do people rely so much on the email notification? I always wondered that. Is it because you have dial up and you won't waste a phone call if nothing new is posted? THAT must be it! I'm connected via cable so I'm "always on" - it's no big deal as I pass through the room to stop and check the site. Of course maybe I'd be better off if I had to dial in, wouldn't spend so much time on the computer.

Off to put the groceries away, make my food list and finish the laundry.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:00 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

My post didn't take AGAIN this time. This is getting to be annoying.

Just wanted to say hello.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:12 PM   #191  
Happy September

CEEJAY~ SORRY YOU GALS ARE HAVING POSTING PROBLEMS!!!

HAPPY~ I DON'T KNOW WHY I FELT LIKE I NEEDED EMAIL!!! ROFLMAO I COME HERE ANYWAY SO WHAT AM I ACTUALLY MISSING?! THANKS FOR SENDING THE AVATARS!! I LOADED THEM FROM THE EMAIL AND WAS ABLE TO ACCESS THEM!! YAY!!!! THANK GOD YOU SAVED THEM!!! I FEEL MORE AT HOME NOW!

SHAD~ THANKS FOR THE PM BUT IT DIDN'T WORK! IT'S NOT EVEN IN THE SPAM FOLDER! LOL HAPPY CEILING TIME!!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 10:48 PM   #192  
Smackin' into a Wall

Just thought I'd test and see if I can post or not. I'm feeling a bit of 3FC withdrawl. Hopefully this will work.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:59 AM   #193  
Happy September

*****GOT AN E-MAIL FROM SHAD AND SHE ASKED FOR ME TO TELL YOU SHE TOO IS HAVING SERVER PROBLEMS SINCE THE CHANGE...... ALONG WITH CEILING PROBLEMS. SEEMS PART OF THE PAINTED BITS WERE PEELING AND NEEDED TO BE RE-DONE. JUST THINKING ABOUT IT IS HURTING MY ARMS. SO WE CAN SEND HUGS HER WAY FOR THOSE ACHING SHOULDERS.

GOOD MORNING MADCAT! YOU ARE WORKING JUST FINE!

TOMORROW I AM GOING FOOD SHOPPING AND WILL START ON THE MOUNTAIN OF WASH. FOR TODAY I AM WAITING TO SEE IF I AM BACK TO NORMAL IN BODY AND MIND....OR AS NORMAL AS I CAN GET
I SEE YODA TALKING TO ME JUST ABOVE THIS WINDOW IN MISS MAD'S POSTING. MAYBE I WILL BE LUMINOUS TODAY AND JOIN HIM! GOD KNOWS I AM TIRED OF DEALING WITH CRUDE MATTER
HAPPY MONDAY AND HAVE A GREAT WEEK
Old 02-06-2006, 01:52 PM   #194  
Smackin' into a Wall

Ok, so if you haven't gotten rid of all the glowy stuff yet, "luminious" might be just the right word!! Are we all alone here?

I'm going to do a test "advanced post"...
Old 02-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #195  
Smackin' into a Wall

Default Let's see if this works...

It took a really long time to load this screen. Let's see if it posts.

And test a few emoticons...