Old 02-18-2006, 03:31 PM   #301  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

A friend dropped off the pic of the Seniors Xmas tree with our homemade Angels and Snowfllakes. Wish I could get a clear scan of it. This was taken before the garland and tinsel was put on.
http://community.webshots.com/user/mell525
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 06:30 PM   #302  

ill moan and get it over with ive had one hellish week worse weekend{and its only saturday}and my body is waving a very small white flag{its too tired for a big flag}my brain has given up the ghost and has decieded to leave until i finally find me again{i might not see it for a very long time}
SHAD have a good week hope the job is a good un
MEL rest easy my freind
HAPPY hunker down and smooch
HOLLY try my technich seems to work no ones come near me for 5 hours stand in the middle of the house and scream very loudly for as long as you can mothers and wives can have tantrums too
love to all NAE WHERE ARE YOU ???????
CEEJAY im thinking of you hunny
love kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:12 AM   #303  

The Party was great!!!!! Dinner was around 5pm, which was pretty early but we had a house full of kids.
Much euchre was played a few battles fought by 5-7 year old boys. Dancing, singing, cuddles and movies and video games for the kids, laughter and friendship for the adults.
I am pleansantly tipsy.

I am off for a few leftovers and then bed. Hoping the kids sleep in.

Clyde the kitty is okay but weak.

It is a new day.....already!

Linus~ ((((HUGS))))

Hope all goes well Shad.

HUGS MEl.

Love to the chicks!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 07:06 AM   #304  
Happy September

BLANKETS ON WINDOWS AND DRAPES CLOSED THE HIGH THIS MORNING IS 16. NOT EXACTLY MY KIND OF WEATHER. IF THE BOOK MEN WEREN'T COMING I WOULD HAVE STAYED BUNDLED UP IN BED! ROFL A LOT OF MUSCLE GROANING GOING ON IN THIS BODY OF MINE. LOOKS LIKE I CANNOT CLEAN, LIFT AND DO THE COMPUTER ON THE SAME DAY. WILL HAVE TO PLAN MY DAYS BETTER.......AND TRY TO REMEMBER THAT SO I WILL KEEP THIS SHORT AND STOP USING THIS RIGHT ARM JEN CAME DOWN LAST NIGHT AFTER MY SHOWER AND PUT THE PAIN PATCHES ON. SLEEP WAS GOOD
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY OF REST. AND FOR THOSE THAT HAVE THE PRESIDENT'S HOLIDAY TOMORROW...ENJOY!

LINUS~ MY POOR TIRED FRIEND. I WISH FOR YOU HAPPINESS, SLEEP AND PEACE......AND MOST IMPORTANTLY LOTS OF FROM ME TO YOU.

HOLLY~ GLAD THE PARTY WAS SO MUCH FUN AND YOU GOT TIPSY. SOMETIMES TIPSY CAN BE A GOOD THING
Old 02-19-2006, 11:37 AM   #305  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi There,

Baby it's COLD outside! Well maybe not in the teens like up by Mel's or in the single digits up at my mom's but for our area (with the not very insulated houses) it's pretty cold. We got snow and ice yesterday, a great weekend to stay in. The hungry birds outside are all puffed up and fluffy trying to stay warm. It's overcast too so we're missing the warm rays of the sun.

Yesterday was a kind of bum around the house, not do anything of much significance kind of day. I made a pot of minnestrone soup for lunch and a nice beef roast for dinner. Will put on a pot of chicken soup in a bit. Freezing weather today, supposed to be temp's in the 60's by mid week. Last week we got snow on Friday and on Tuesday it was in the 70's. No wonder people are all sick.

Poor Mel I need to send you a bottle of Watkins white linament to sooth those achy muscles of yours. Sounds like your life is forcing you into a tight routine - whether you like it or not. Looks like you had a busy day yesterday. I heard on the news yesterday - not only cold for you but strong winds too. Keep your hat tied down!

Holly, sounds like the party went really well for you. It's great that you had a chance to have some fun and R & R. i can "read" the smile through your words.

Linus, sounds like you need a Mum's holiday spa weekend all to yourself. Or maybe just a quiet little cabin with a nice fluffy featherbed so you can get some sleep.

Shad - did you arrive safely and get settled down? Have you found an Internet cafe yet? We always get less of you when you travel - not as much access to the computer. I still have the sad image of Sunday in her cage looking with pitiful eyes. It's just for 2 weeks tho, isn't it? At least your arms will get a break from working on the ceiling.

Looks like everyone else is hunkering down and keeping busy this weekend - Carla, Madcat, Meadown, PW, Tig. Is Teel still on holiday? Hope you had a safe trip Ceejay - this was not a weekend to have to be travelling far as you had to. Hellos to others I may have inadvertently missed and those part time posters - LindaT, Ruth and Jennifer.

I have loads of laundry to wash, meals to cook up and portion out and some treadmill and weights to attend to. Sundays go by very quickly - if I don't get up and moving I will be lamenting the passing of another weekend without accomplishing much of anything. So off I go. Stay busy and warm or cool - take your pick.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 03:38 PM   #306  
Radiate self!

Lovely decorations on the tree Mel. How wonderful it must feel for the residents to see their creations displayed for all to appreciate. You do a really good job. Stay warm and I hope the book guys are attentive and jocular to make you smile

Brrr, Happy, the ice storm comment made me feel very chilled. We have no snow at the moment, just frozen ground. I don't see any little birds about, just large crows I keep turning the heat up, my daughter keeps turning the heat up and my husband keeps turning the heat down Men are so cold blooded

Holly-Fabulous to hear your evening was such a joyous time. You deserve a bit of kicking up your heels and fun. Remember that feeling and try and carry it along for the rest of the week. Perspective is everything, try and find the happy.

Linus-I remember how difficult it was to be tired all the time and not being able to clear your head because it is swimming with so much responsibility. You have done this before, have confidence that it will all be okay. Little CJ will be a noisy toddler in a wink and he will be pulling down all the china and chasing the dog around the house. Be thankful that he isn't mobile yet

Shad-wow, you are off and away on a new job excursion. We will miss you! I hope you aren't too busy to pop in now and again, just to say boo You know we will be thinking all sorts. I vote for the burgundy colour too, maybe an eggplant purpley colour I love dark, intense doors. Mine at the moment is white, I want purple but of course my husband just raises his eyebrows at me and goes hmmm. Usually his stalling tactic till he can think of a good argument against

I haven't exercised, my skin is all dehydrated, flakey. I coloured my hair, then chopped at it with the nail scissors. I think I'm in a transition period again. Evolving. I have been hammering it into the husband that we need to get more fruit/vegetables into the house for the kids. That we should have salads before dinner. He likes it in theory. We had salad twice last week. I made coleslaw that only I ate I like cabbage
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 05:25 PM   #307  

Mel~ nice picks. Some of my best friends are Flakes!!

I have some angelic friends too but the Flakes are a lot of fun!! HUGS!!
Old 02-19-2006, 09:34 PM   #308  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

I'm back from a week of traveling. I've been experimenting with blogging.

I know tomorrow's WI is going to show a gain - I always gain when I fly and in fact I had pitting edema last night , but the weight gain will be gone next week.

Hello to all! More later!
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:34 AM   #309  
Happy September

Cool We're having a heat wave

.....a tropical heat wave We're out of single digets and teens and finally reached 23 for the mornings wake up! YAY!!! Had a hard time loading 3fc this morning and no smilies! Have about an hour or so to myself before I have to open up. Only one bookman today. They must be tired. One stayed till 7:30! I had better get a move on though. Sitting here isn't getting a whole lot done or me dressed! Happy Monday

Happy~ I think a lot of people are bumming around! Too cold for anything else!! Send minestrone and beef stew my way!! Love leftovers!! I need my wash done also if you find the time Stay warm my Southern friend!

Meadow~ I told some of the seniors I posted the pic of their handiwork and they were thrilled. I think they feel like celebrities. One said "fancy you knowing how to get the picture into that machine". We too keep turning the heat up! There is a saying...NO SENSE, NO FEELING...which I think covers the fact that men seem never to get cold. When Jen and I start cutting our hair, we know something is "UP".

Holly~ I get along better with flakes, having been one myself for almost 59 years

Tig~ home!!! Good to see you! Hope you get over the traveling blues quickly.

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-20-2006 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:55 AM   #310  

I declare today.....
Canadian National Day of the Domestic Goddess..... all of our homes will be cleaned by professionals, dinner cooked by a gourmet chef, children cared for by super nanny,we all go out for a spa day and the sleep at a fancy hotel on 200 count egyptian sheets.

We Canadians really do need a holiday in February.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:34 PM   #311  
Smackin' into a Wall

Mornin' all~

Wasn't around much this weekend. Had bunch of membership interviews to do Saturday morning for the co-op and then the rest of the day was spent cleaning and organizing so that we could offer a clean space to a friend who was coming into town overnight.

Sunday the friend and I with someone else along for moral support went Dread Dress shopping… and yes, I know have a Wedding dress… and it is a very wedding type dress… with embroidery and a train and everything. It isn’t white though – more a creamy beige colour. It sort of wrapped itself around me and insisted I take it home, so what could I do?? Pictures will follow once my friend K sends them on (we snuck a camera into the dressing room).

I'll be back later to do the commenting thing. All I can say is Go Team Canada for the Olympic Hockey game this afternoon.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:39 PM   #312  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Quick check in, got here, got a bed, got a car, got everything I need I think. Will be back later to report properly.

At least I can access through work from time to time.

Go Canada (NZ doesn't have a team as far as I know)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:43 PM   #313  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Congratulations to the Canadian Women's Hockey Team on taking the GOLD at the Olympics!

And to the fine American ladies who took the BRONZE

I hope you understand that at the moment, I cannot cheer quite so hard for the Canadian men's team until we get a bit further in the rounds

Madcat, your dress sounds lovely. Can't wait to see pictures. I know, you set out with something none too frilly and then THE DRESS catches your eye and takes your breath away. Enjoy the opportunity to look and be really special.

Hello Shad out in Wooloongong. Good to hear you have what you need and that you have hopefully found the place of new employment. May it be an enjoyable stint.

Holly - is your holiday for Canadians only? Today is president's day (and my brother's birthday - happy birthday Rich-o and my BIL Brad's BD too - happy birthday Bradford). Someday in the not too distant future, I think we shall see a woman running for president. Heck from what I understand, people are entralled with Geena Davis (Thelma of Thelma and Louise) playing the country's first president on a TV show. I'm sure that Hillary Clinton is just waiting her turn...

Let's see we have President's Day, Groundhog Day, Valentines Day and when February has 29 days - Sadie Hawkins Day - a turnabout day when women can ask men to dance and marry them (like any one of us in our right minds is going to wait 4 years for that) Guess we have enough February holidays.

Mel, I don't have beef stew and DH finished the last of the roast beef and mashed potatoes but I do have some minnestrone and chicken noodle soup (in 2 separate pots) ready to flash freeze with your name on it. Forgot to say earlier that I really liked the pictures of the decorated trees. They looked very pretty.

Tig, what is pitting edema? Is this something ELSE I have to look forward to?

Meadow, my husband turned the heat up this past weekend when it was so icy and cold. I wouldn't let him turn it down again Go for it woman, you will feel much better eating salads than chocolate. Well at least for a while you will - no, for a good long time! So you are picking at the hair again - perhaps we can all get together at Holly's and she can lead us on a group haircut excursion - that would be fun. Just stop before you get to my scalp...

Not enough sleep last night. I will be getting to bed within 45 minutes tonight. Got to be up bright and early for a meeting tomorrow across town.

Time to go pick out tomorrow's clothes and decide on a decent lunch. Nighty night.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:31 AM   #314  
Happy September

MADCAT HAS FOUND HER DRESS!! YAY!!! I WAS HOPING ONE WOULD JUST JUMP OFF THE HANGAR AND SAY TAKE ME HOME. SOUNDS WONDERFUL AND ENJOY ALL THESE MOMENTS.

HAPPY I THOUGHT IT WAS BEEF STEW! BUT ANY HOME COOKED FOOD WILL DO!!! LOL HOPE THE MEETING RUNS SMOOTHLY! RISE AND SHINE MISS HAPPY

SHAD HAS FOUND A BED!!! GOOD ON YA!! KEEP US POSTED ABOUT ALL THE NEW BLOKES TOO.

I SIT HERE FREEZING MY *** OF. JUST CANNOT SEEM TO GET WARM BUT THE TEMPS ARE RISING AS I TYPE. I WAS GOING FOOD SHOPPING BUT CHANGED MY MIND AND WILL GO THURS OR FRI. I DON'T REALLY NEED ANYTHING AND WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IMPULSE ITEMS....SUGARY STUFF. A GOOD DAY TO GET SOME MORE WASH DONE AND GET THE BALL ROLLING ON OUR NEXT CRAFT. FOR EASTER THEY'RE PAINTING A SMALL STRAW HAT WHITE(ABOUT 9") AND GLUING ON BITS AND PIECES TO LOOK LIKE A BUNNY. SOMETHING FOR THEM TO HANG ON THEIR DOOR. JEN AND I USED TO MAKE THEM CAUSE THEY'RE SO CUTE. BREAKFAST IS CALLING MY NAME.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:38 AM   #315  
Happy September

Oops.....i Forgot!
Congratulations On The Gold Medal. I Didn't Watch The Hockey And Just Read About It In Happy's Post!!! Rofl