Old 02-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel, What a snow storm. I enjoyed the pictures. and by the way I see your egg light is lit. I most diffinately need that "will power dust" today.

Happy--moving is not a favorite thing to do. Will the maintenance men help?

I will be taking a leave from 3fat chicks for a few days. My sister from Texas called with horrible news this morning as I was leaving for work. My nephew was killed in an accident last night. He drives a truck for UPS but he was in the back asleep, his partner fell asleep at the wheel.
This had made for 2 deaths with in a week for me and I'm just not in it right now to do this. So far I haven't had the urge to eat every thing in sight--been crying to much for that. I'm at work and trying to stay busy. I'd rather be here than at home but not much will be done today. my boss knows.

This is a weird thing to say but last night I kept waking up during the night. Each time I woke up it felt like someone had shook me. Maybe it was John trying to tell me bye. John is the one who lived in Kentucky and leaves his 2 babies and wife behind.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:51 PM   #257  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh Ceejay - so sorry to hear this news. Please take it easy if you are driving down to Texas. My thoughts are with you and your sister and your family at this time.

Miss Mel - I must go and put your webshots address in as one of my favourites on Webshots. Thanks for showing us the photos. It sure looks pretty with all that snow. At least it hasn't turned all grey and slushy. Kudo's to Jimmy for doing so much physical work in such a short time.

Mel DS didn't box Sunday up for the vet. I did. If he had of done it, she would have been in it and the door shut before she got time to turn around. He has a better knack with animals than me. He seems to be able to pick 'em up and do what they don't want to do and not get bitten or scratched. Talking of which I need to clip her nails. She needs to get prettied up for her trip to the cattery which I booked yesterday - $16 per night if you please!!! Crikey, thats just about more than I would pay per night.

Funny, I just went to open up the smilies page and the server is too busy at the moment. Everyone must be on here moaning about Monday!!

Happy - when I got my card all those years back, there wasn't a lot of choice. You could have one with Frequent Flyers, General Motors, Telecommunications - all the gimmicks. I chose frequent flyers mainly because at the time I only had the home phone and I never made enough purchases to get anywhere near a deposit for a new car. I pay it off at the end of each month so I don't usually get interest on it. Now there is a lot of choice and I think I will go back to my own bank and ask them about their rates etc. There are several others out there with no frills and low interest and quite frankly the frequent flyers aren't worth it since they have changed the criteria and where you used to get 1 point per dollar, you now only get one point per $2 spent. But they haven't changed anything to do with the interest rate. So shortly I will go and check the points available, convert as many of them as I can to my frequent flyer card at Qantas and cancel the account once I have put a new one in place. Aussie Home Loans have just bought one out at a low 8.99% rate nearly half the rate I have now. That could be a goer.
Happy shifting my friend. At least the exercise will keep you warm.

Linus - I hope the hangover was worth it. Drink lots of water to rehydrate and go quietly through the day.

Holly - nice to see you taking siesta. Good idea that. Ouch on the motor for the van. I hear your pain.

Ruth - good to see you popping in from time to time. Your welcome here at anytime you wish to set foot in the Antipodes. And you don't have to swim for it anymore either since we now have a thing called and Aeroplane or in the modern vernacular Airplane. Are you going to keep one of the pups this time? Another dog to spoil and ruin!

Madcat - I realised after my post regarding the valentine smilies that I did not include you in the happy couples and buddies list. for you and TB - surely the most romantic couple on the thread at the moment! And for any others I may have missed, please accept my apologies and the above. I'm becoming old and senile.

And that is about it for this morning. The sky is overcast again and we can expect more rain - hallelujah but expecting is not exactly getting. I'd better go paint before the humidity arrives.

Have a wonderful day.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:02 PM   #258  
Radiate self!

Gosh Mel! That is a major lot of snow. It looks so fabulous and I bet it is wonderful quiet around the place. Few cars and everything muffled outside

Ceejay-What an awful accident! I'm so sorry. I believe the ones who have passed over like to say good-bye too.

Shad-it is all coming together for you Rob Thomas is playing down your way, going to take in a concert? Tell him Lorraine says hi and much thanks for the wine advice

Happy-Watch your back! Don't do any heavy lifting, just pack the boxes and let the movers do the work. I hope you have a nicer view in your new space. Facing South, lots of sun? put up a crystal and make rainbows all over your space

I made oatmeal for breakfast this morning but the salt box tipped, I didn't realize how much into the pot and well it all went in the garbage. I had cheeze whiz on toast instead

Last edited by Meadow; 02-13-2006 at 04:09 PM.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:55 PM   #259  

oh ceejay im so sorry love ,thinking of you ,dont get hangovers sorry ladies ,dad always said i was a waste of an alcoholic ,could do with soome sleep though wee mans had me up last 2 nights heres hoping tonights better
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:22 PM   #260  
Smackin' into a Wall

Ceejay ~ I'm am so sorry to hear about your nephew. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:48 PM   #261  
Smackin' into a Wall

I think the people in the apartment above us have taken up carpentry as a hobby. Random thumping and banging. Odd.

Ruth~ How lovely to see you. A spring garden wedding sounds lovely, but you never know in this country - it could snow at the beginning of May. Think I'll chicken out and take it in doors. What are local flowers that bloom in early May? Does anything bloom in early May?

Holly ~ I think your idea to build a walk into your morning is a great one. Think how nice that time alone in the fresh air would be – and how calm it would start your day. I hear you on a need for alone time.

linus~ I hope your enjoyed the night. If you are going to be "under the weather", it should at least be worth it. Wow, you don't get hangovers? That is pretty amazing.

Shad ~ it's nice that with all the credit cards out there, there is no reason to have to put up with service or fees that are not up to snuff. I'm not at all surprised at what Happy suggests about the cards. Your relatives are money obsessed? Wanting it or wanting to keep it? And yeah, TB and I are pretty cute together – or so waitresses in restaurants keep telling us!

Mel ~ Glad you didn't get buried under a random snow bank. I have a snowblower I could borrow. Saw some of the footage from NYC on CNN… Wow! Cool pictures, too. Does the Grandson look more like his mom or his dad!!?? BTW, no dress yet, but I'm just building up courage to start looking again.

Happy ~ Hope the move goes ok. It's always so disruptive to be moved about. They are planning to shift us down one building sometime in the near future. We have a pool in our group as to when it will happen. I have mid April as a guess. I hope they aren't going to make you schlep your own stuff across the street. Remember to look both ways before you cross. Make sure you fit some Happy time into your week.

Meadow ~ I have to laugh at your oatmeal story. Cheez whiz on toast for breakfast is a pretty good substitute.

Not much to report today. I have to go back to the Eye Dr. tomorrow morning. She wants to take a photo of my optical nerves and have me do a field test. No big deal except I suspect it will mean eye dilatation again and that will interfere with work. Since I can't make it to the gym tomorrow, I went this morning: weights and 30 minutes elliptical and treadmill intervals. Feels pretty good.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:54 PM   #262  
Radiate self!

Tous pour l'amour!
All for the love!

No one says loving like Pepe le Pew May the Looney Tunes lunacy master of love make you smile this Valentine's day

Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:10 PM   #263  

Madcat, it it's an early spring the lily of the vslley and crocuses and tulips may be poking their heads thru the snowbanks in May.

Ceejay, heartfelt condolences on your nephew. What a sad time this is for you and your sister.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:34 PM   #264  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Ceejay - I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew. How very tragic. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Be careful if you are driving.

Last edited by happy2bme; 02-14-2006 at 08:11 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:46 PM   #265  

Ceejay~ love and prayers to you and yours.

I signed a contract with myself from flylady.com's Body clutter section and printed out tracking sheets. I recorded what went in , each morsel, and then just plugged it into fitday.com. The content was not great nor the nutrition but I recorded it and that is a start. Looking forward to 3 little people tomorrow all the big people will be in school. Nap tim ewill be a joy!
I worked up my income and expenses for day care in January. I worked 52.5 hours a week and cleared(net) $175.00 a week. SIGH, AM I crazy or do I just plain love my kids and hubby. Any income is better than none.
Off to bed.
Love the new smilies.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:49 AM   #266  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

ceejay ~ My prayers for you and for John's family. I pray that all of John's family will find comfort during this really difficult time.
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:10 AM   #267  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone

Geez Holly and I thought I was underpaid. Like you said, better something over nothing.

Welcome back Carla.

Hello little Pepe, have not see you in a long, long, time. Hello my leetle one.

"Happy time" Nice concept Madcat, I will have to try that. Actually we are schlepping across a courtyard instead of a street thank goodness and we don't have to do it ourselves. Someone is doing it for us. One of my cohorts was asking for bubble wrap yesterday. Who keeps something at their desk that needs to be packed in bubble wrap --- or, considering he's moved a few times - what does he know that I don't? we'll see when I get to the office this morning.

Mel, I liked your pictures - thanks for posting. It's hard to show the extent of what 20 inches of snow really looks like but that picture of the picnic table does it well. You can not only build a snowman but an entire village! I was surprised to see several snowmen around here - was really cute that kids still do that. Hope you don't get torrential floods later in the week when it warms up and that all starts to melt. Nothing like a freaky spring storm.

Shad, $16 per night for the cattery? Does Sunday know how lucky she is? You have to up your consulting rate just to cover expenses

Hellos to Ruth, Tig and Linus and those absent but not forgotten. Don't forget to tell someone you love them and that you are glad they are in your lives - people like YOU!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:44 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just a note to confirm plans. I'll be taking off work tomorrow for the drive to Kentucky for the services. One of my co-workers will be filling in for me. I'm going to get the oil changed in the Rav in the morning at 8 a.m. It's on the way to Kentucky and I'll feel safer on doing that and last week I had new tires put on the Rav. I'm feeling better and am pleased that I have accepted his death. I talked to my sis again last night to confirm the time of his death. It was the time I was awakened. I'm accepting that as his final farewell to me. It's going to be hard because February 17 would have been his 35th birthday.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I'll be back on Sunday.

Hugs to all.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 02:13 PM   #269  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CEEJAY I AM SORRY I WASN'T HERE BUT SEND ALL MY LOVE AND HUGS TO YOU AND JOHN'S FAMILY. WHAT A SHAME AND SO YOUNG TOO. GOD BLESS AND HAVE A SAFE TRIP. I AM GLAD HE GOT A CHANCE TO SAY GOODBYE TO YOU....I KNOW MANY PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD SUCH EXPERIENCES. TAKE CARE AND SEE YOU SOON.

SHAD~ FOR $16 @ NIGHT I WILL COME AND CAT-SIT!!! SUNDAY AND I COULD PATROLL THE AREA FOR BUGS AND SUCH!!! MIGHT EVEN MAKE A MEAL FOR YOUR RETURN!!!
GOOD LUCK WITH THE CREDIT CARD BUSINESS.

MEADOW~ PEPE MY FRIEND SO GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN!! THANLS MEADOW FOR THE CHEERFUL GREETING. I AM TIRED AND NEEDED A LIFT!!
I LOVE CHEESE WHIZ AND WILL BE RIGHT OVER!!! THE SNOW IS STILL MUFFLING THE CITY NOISE AND I LOVE IT!!! PEACE AT LAST!!

LINUS~ AUNT FANNY IS WISHING THE LADS A VERY HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! VERY SWEET!! I WILL SEND THE FAIRY WITH HER SWEET DREAM DUST OVER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!! SWEET DREAMS!

MADCAT~ WHAT??? NO DRESS????? PERHAPS THE BIRTHDAY SUIT?!? WISHING YOU LUCK WITH THE EYE TEST. I HATE DIALATION ALSO AND HOPE ALL GOES WELL. NOTHING WORSE THAN EYE TROUBLE!!
NICE EXERCISING TOO.....REALLY GOING TO TOWN!!

HAPPY~ HOPE THE MOVE WENT WELL AND ALL WILL GET ACROSS THE STREET IN ONE PIECE AND IN ONE DAY! GOOD LUCK!!

THINGS ARE A BIT HECTIC HERE AS A BOSS HAD LAP BAND SURGERY AND WON'T BE BACK FOR ANOTHER 2 WEEKS. BUT IN BETWEEN THE "BOSSY MEL" PARTS, I GOT MY FOOD SHOPPING DONE AND A WASH LOAD TOO. TIRED AND TAKING THE AFTERNOON OFF. I GAVE THEM LITTLE TINS OF COOKIES ON THEIR DESK AS A SURPRISE BEFORE THEY EVEN GOT HERE. WHO SAYS I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BRIBE THEM TO STAY QUIET....IT WORKED SO FAR!
HOPE YOUR DAY WAS A LOVELY ONE.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:09 PM   #270  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Morning all,

Of course the cat doesn't know how lucky she is. She just accepts this as her due. However she will not be amused at the separation and the travelling (all of 3k) or the indignity of being in the box! However it is only for 2 weeks until Simon gets back so it is not so bad as it could be.

We have rain this morning. Get short steady showers. This will do more to soak the ground that a violent downpour. Long may it last - so long as I am not out on the roads in it!

Had lunch yesterday with my DB1 and SI:. They were on a shopping spree. I shouldn't be nasty about their attitude to money and possissions. It's their way. They only buy the best of stuff and they live very well and they have assets of just a bit less than $1m. They have worked for it too. Who am I to say that is right or wrong. We had a nice lunch. Chatted away and then went shopping - I didn't buy much - only spent $4.00.

Mel - I am shocked. You are bribing your lot with food. Good onya.
If you are coming down to catsit Sunday, please arrive soon. Got lots to get done here and I think I have sprayed all the bugs out of existence inside the house since the only ones I seem to see at the moment are the bodies littered in the crevices and cracks.

Ceejay - drive safely and return safely. My thoughts will continue to be with you and your family over this coming week.

Happy - thanks for the Valentine wishes. I wished the cat a happy day yesterday. I got no reciprocal greeting. Just a look from the 'eyes'
Hope the shift went okay and you didn't have to lift anything beyond capacity. The truth about office shifts is that you usually end up in a worse place - smaller office, inside cubicle, a desk, a filing cabinet, a computer but no mouse or chair. Such fun.

Tig - hiya.

Holly - I went and had a look at the Flylady bodyclutter site. Quite liked that contract and the writing it down thingies. We will probablly never see the book over here and I don't feel like paying a quarter more than the asking price to have it sent over. She often makes some sense tho' and I still use the 15 minutes flyover theory and the 27 boogie fling to rid myself of my excesses.
That's not a great wage there, but it is something. There is the other side of the coin - are you happy doing this work or do you feel you could be more fulfilled doing something else that pays better. I wonder why it is that the jobs which should come somewhere high in responsibility for and nuturing of the future of our country are the ones which are least appreciated.

Carla - Good to see you again.

Meadow - not sure who Pepe le Pew is, don't think I have seen him over here, but he sounds like fun.

Madcat - I'm sure there must be something in bloom somewhere in Canada in May. Lily of the valley, Carla said. Only yesterday I picked up some L of TV perfume in the shopping centre. I'd forgotten how lovely they are. Such perfume.

So I had better go get some breakfast and get on with the day. I wonder if I will ever get to the bottom of this list. There are about 10 things left to do before I leave early Sunday. I still haven't heard back from any of the apartments I wrote to Monday and Tuesday - don't they want business down there or something? I'll maybe just book into a motel/ hotel and go see them in the first week or so. Inefficiency - apart from my own, of course - drives me crazy. Mine is not inefficiency, it's eccentricity.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote