Old 03-18-2006, 12:51 PM   #541  

Oh my dear Shad what terrible news from you...I think I had better send Holly over for a while so she can be your security guard and even if she is hopeless at preventing any unwelcome visitors at least she will be able to bite them on the ankles!!!!

Went swimming again this afternoon. The water has been quite nice and warm recently and I have been three weeks on the trot. Shame the spa pool was out of order AGAIN!!!

I am seriouly into card making right now!! I have just found a really great television channel on Satellite...its called "create and craft" and has a corresponding web site...oh dear I have just bought a whole basket full of goodies...even Christmas goodies......gosh I have mentioned the "C" word..that must be a record on our thread!!

Oooh so we are off to Canada! Mel will be in her element with all those Mounties running around in their brill uniforms, hee hee hee!!

England seems to be doing rather well in the commonwealth games especially in the swimming and the cycling and the shooting, as well as a silver in the rugby 7's...wonderful viewing in the morning.

I don't have a clue where I am heading for my summer holiday this year. Shad, are you and Chris still going to Italy? How is Chris, btw?

I haven't heard from Linus this week yet...have to ring maybe this evening, and see what tales she has to regale about her family this week!

Oh and my final bit of news is that friends of mine are hoofing it off to northward climes...yep, they're off to live and work in Scotland! Well, Alan will be based in Sterling which I know Shad has visited in the pastand I went to last summer...not that it was a particularly summers day when I went to view the castle.Alan was one of the founder members of the Christian folk band along with me, years ago, and his wife Dawn soon got to playing as well. I have known them and their daughter for years but recently their lives have gone in a different direction and I don't have any contact with them for months and months, unless they want me to see a parcel in to their house or something.. Anyway I shall miss Alan particularly. Nice spot for a holiday home!!!!

TTFN!!!!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 03:23 PM   #542  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Ah, Sterling Castle - Braveheart country. I remember it well. They had just finished refurbishing the great hall which had been gutted by fire (I think)

Ladies, thank you for the wonderful expressions of sympathy. It's not a nice thing and to know that mainly it is all my own fault as well........ Anyway, a couple more hurdles to overcome and I can move past this as well. Always something sent to try us. You learn from mistakes and decisions made. If you learn well, you come out of this as a better and stronger person. Phoenix rising from the ashes etc.

Teel - it doesn't really matter how big the dog is, it is a real deterrent. It's only since Shad passed away that we have had these problems around here. All the dogs have gone and there has been a spate of burglaries. Well there are the yappers on either side but no one takes much notice of them since they yap if a bird flies overhead. I did hear them during the night but as usual turned the good ear to the pillow and snored on. So hang onto Holly - she might be saving you from all this!

Ruth - it's good to hear from you as always. I'm looking at August/ September time for a visit to the big country. No definite plans as yet. Still trying to come to terms with the view that Italy is no longer on the menu and working so durned long hours. A lot will depend on how this job goes and when the next one rears it's ugly head. There is a fair amount of work about at the moment - all the big mining resources have decided to go overboard for training at the moment. Such blissful money making times can't last. Anyway, we will keep you informed as to the plans or lack thereof and I would love to visit and/or catch up. Get as many together as possible.

Holly - I feel for the predicament. Sometimes you simply have to make sacrifices to make ends meet. The thought of DH going off to the big smoke for a finite and limited period of time may make more sense than a family move to the smoke, on the other hand, that is two set of living expenses - can it be justified. I'm sure you will work out the odds and act accordingly. Meantime, ever increasing tightening of belts is necessary. It's difficult for all involved.

Carla - went and checked out the Chateau Montebello. It sure looks a great place to visit. There is a log cabin for sale down the road from me. It would fit into the swimming pool by the looks of it.

Suzi - I carry very little cash in my wallet. There was probably less than $50 in cash and notes in there. That's what makes it such a pain. There is little doubt he/ she was after the cash as I found coins on the driveway. And there was so little in it. Its the drivers licence and credit/ debit cards which are such a pain to live without.

Okay, well the day is dawning overcast and dull, so I had better go and get on with the things I didn't do yesterday. And I should give miss Puss some time today as well. She didn't get much 'joy' yesterday.

See you.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 09:52 PM   #543  
Suzi in Auz

Talking the week at a glance

Hi ladies!
All your travels are making me want to hop in a suitcase somewhere...Scotland sounds lovely.
We are hoping to travel somewhere as a family too this year. DH has been amking noises about the States as he has a conference in orlando. We haven't done the Disneyworld or theme parks with the kids. I know they would love it. If we can work out the expenses we might be heading that way in July. I know it's hot but it would be great to have two summers in one year.

I've been a little absent in writing this past week. Sorry ladies. I must say it is great getting the update of the week in the inbox. It's wonderful reading.

I have redeeemed the week though, maybe tired myself out a little. Gardening and painting. The room is finished, shalf included with stencilled butterflies and looks lovely. I am very glad I did it. Now i have ideas about our room with a splah of colour here and there, it's very neutral at the moment and so it would certainly make a difference. At the moment it is a very soft green a i am thinking of injecting a rose pink. ...I will see. i don't want it dowdy or old fashioned....Parisian is more the idea!
I'll keep u posted on the interior design antics of this kiwi.

Teel it's nice to see you. I didn't know that you were in a folk band?! That sounds fantastic....it's nice to meet a fellow muso. I love music with a passion and love to sing, can't get enough of the opportunity.

Shad, still sorry about your mishap. It is a pain to organise all those bits and pieces esp around a full time job...good luck with all that. i hope it's fast and without hassle.

Ok...I'm off for a walk with DH HI to everyone The sun is shining and it needs some attention. I think a gelato might be in order.
Enjoy the rest of your weekends.
Did I tell you all Ds1 got a job? just a part time one but it is quite momentous!
We are very proud of him, now he will finally learn the value of money....i hope!
Suzi
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 10:27 PM   #544  

DH and I went to a 40th Bday party for 2 hours tonight. The kids love having a sitter. we spent $10 for her and didn't drink at the party. Usually we take turns going to things but it sure is nice to go together.(again the balance issue: do something good for your marriage and your sanity or not).
The sitter gave the kids a new computer game called PETZ. Very cool. I let the kids stay up late to play it and I watched Trading Spaces.

All is quite relaxed.
I actually washed the kitchen floor today! :shock: Tossed out more stuff in DD"s room.
Time for some Debbie Travis.

HUGS!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:58 PM   #545  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Evening ladies,

A productive day - worked outside and cleared all the leaves and sweetgum pods "gumballs" out from the back yard. Filled up 5 bags worth. I'm sure I'll be feeling wonderful tomorrow.

Tonight DH and I had dinner and a date. Went to see a movie - Failure to Launch which was a good comedy. It was a nice evening.

I have set up the new thread - check it out Friends around the World #11 - The Canadian Tour - see you there
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote