Old 01-31-2006, 11:59 PM   #166  
Radiate self!

Many deep thoughtful musings about weight and why it keeps hanging around. Deal one day at a time, forget yesterday, tomorrow will take care of itself, you have this moment now.
I know very little and what I do know isn't helping me much

Eight miles done.

Mars bar jumped out of the freezer and into my tea this afternoon. Shameful and wicked chocolate but it has less calories than the poptarts I chomped down

I am a work in progress

Last edited by Meadow; 02-01-2006 at 01:42 AM.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:27 AM   #167  

Feelin Groovy
I was up early again!!! I am now seeing it was the virus I had that was hindering my ability to function well. I really dont do sick well.

I left the dishes last night. I worked all day(6 kids) and then took DD to gym and DS came to practise reading, home at 7:45, jammies,teeth and to bed for the kids. I decided just to relax after 14 hours straight child care.
DH did run the dishwasher.
I have a quiet day with 3 preschoolers.The kitchen and it’s floor are on the agenda.
Need to stamp more Avon books.
I did 3 sets of 5 rounds of Sun Salutation. Last week I could barely get my body to do 1 round I was so weak.
Now to eat with awareness. You too dear Meadow!!! Nice mileage tho!!!
Linus, you are sounding chipper!!

Hiya ladies!!

Time for some java!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:12 AM   #168  

Me again!!

Tidbit One: I am craving coffee and cookies but they will NOT give my energy,they will deplete my system.

Tidbit Two: On the John Tesh radio show they said:
To burn the calories from ONE, single, tiny Plain Chocolate M&M a person needs to walk the length of a football field( 200 ft).

For some reason this put a very clear pic in my head of how much I eat that I dont burn up or use.

How many calories does thinking or loving burn up??? I do a lot of those.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:32 PM   #169  

i had 3 hours sleep last night but hey something must have got through to my kids and hubby when i came home the mountain of ironing was done {hugs hubby} the dishes magically disappeared {thanx hubby}the kids clothes hung themselves up and the dogs stopped tripping me up every two minutes so they havent been called ***** and bas***d all day ,dad was in fine form today andys nana gave me the fright of my life as i couldnt get an answer to her door or phone or buzzer but her curtains were closed the poor dear is 83 after all,when her son finally went and checked on her after much pleading{bloody sod} shed had a very bad night and had left her hearing aids out but had had nothing to eat or drink for 13 hours and she is diabetic ,so im glad i pestered uncle to go
anyway im off for a well yearned for hot bath
bye for now
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:39 AM   #170  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hello, hello.
Just bumping us up. Mad, busy, long day yesterday on the work front - started at 8am, still working at midnight last night. Gotta love month end processing. It's a rainy one today. Dreary all around. Friday is just around the corner thank goodness. Got to get into the office early today so I'm on the run. Take care chickies...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:29 AM   #171  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Wink A day for Mel

Well the scan is done and I gave new blood and got home over 6 hours later. 2 of them were spent waiting for the van to bring me HOME!!! I am too tired today to go food shopping and like Little CJ , I had a bad night's sleep. So it'a going to be a no-nothing day for me. I'll give myself a and work at getting the "glow juice" out of my system like they asked.
Before I left here though, the repairman had returned and told me it was the circulating pump for the hot water fiasco. Funny....I told them nothing was running and it was too quiet in there. and with a bldg. this size we have recurring pump problems. Do men have ears when women speak Now as for weigh-in and measure, I will try next month when drs and tests and meds mellow out a bit. No good numbers here!!
Happy Thursday/Friday

Happy~Hope today is not as rushed. Have a good one!

Madcat~ WOW! Waht a way to learn a lesson!! (I should talk ) Hope you're feeling 100% now!!

Shad~ for you, DS mand the ceiling! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and DS must love weedy roses. Someone has to!!

Linus~ take pics of the new teeth!! Inquiring Aunties want to see them when they arrive!!! Good thing you went for that visit!!!! She might have ended up on the floor!!

Ceejay~ Good luck with the e.diets. Sometimes new ideas work the best!!

Meadow~ 8 miles!!! You'll be in NJ in no time!!! Bring the Mars bars!!!! We'll celebrate your mileage and watch movies!!!

Holly~ I just saw an advert that said kissing burned 384 calories an hour!! I was thinking of practicing with my pillow tonite!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:49 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

You know I have found out that I can't let others tell me what is best for ME!!Da, ceejay did it take 55 years to finally figure this out. This has been a good week. The food has been good, exercise ho hum but I've still lost 6.25 inches. I'm sure most of it was fluid, cause I've started taking my fluid pill again. If the doc's prescribes it, I'm taking it cause he knows my body better than my relatives or friends.

I'm using the glycemic index menu's at eDiets. hmmm I would have never guessed in a million years that 2 oz of onion and 2 oz of bell pepper together would constitute as a veggie serving.

Hi to all the rest.

I've slept late this morning and need to get some things done. It's raining today--so most of my errands will be ran tomorrow which is also pay day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:48 PM   #173  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Sorta kinda got busy yesterday with being taxi driver to DB2 and social secretary for the niece and of course slave for the cat.

The DB's car went in for service - yes he had the money to pay for it (miracles do happen) - and then he needed to do some grocery shopping and I had a dentist appointment and needed to do my grocery shopping as well. I got up very early and fertilised, weeded, dug, watered and mulched the roses. Expect better flowers in the next couple of weeks. DS will be round to check on his orange blooms within days no doubt.

Ceejay - no one knows your body like you. Docs only prescribe what they think best. There are no guarantees. I take fluid tablets as well. Otherwise I would be 5kg heavier than what I am now. Well done on the disappearing inches. It's good to have a victory in that department. Clothes fit better which makes you feel better. I really should get out my pedometer as well. It's just that it doesn't always count the non walking type exercise. Wonder how it goes with climbing ladders?

Mel - does that mean you didn't need the new boiler - just a pump???? Great sufferin' succotash.
Glad to hear that the scan went okay. Are you glugging fluids to drain out the glow juice? Or does that come naturally after a couple of days of seeping through the system? Never had a cat scan so have no idea what happens there.

Happy - Well I remember month end procedures. They usually schedule a project about the same time which requires the trainer to need the services of an SME who is totally engrossed in the month end stuff!!! Hope things settle down for you soon and you can get back to the business of living.

Poor linus - being the family eyes and ears and having to beat the cr*p out of the rellies because they won't do the basics for their 'loved ones'. Hope you get a nice rest tonight. Well done to the DH and boys for doing some basic housework for you.

Holly - resist the cookies. Look at how far you need to march to get rid of the calories. It's really just not worth it. All those sun salutations. Well done.

And that is about it from me. Teels away till the 8th. Where is 'Nae? Haven't seen or heard from her for a while. Don't tell me we have lost her! Hiya Tig, Painter, Madcat (still recovering??) Lisa??? LindaT, and Ruth
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:57 PM   #174  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Ever wondered what the cat does all day?

Let me show you.

Just occasionally she moves. Each move is always closer to the kitchen.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:19 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad--Your cat is adorable but I think the light is in her eye's with the paw over her face. That is one relaxed cat.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:09 AM   #176  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

It's been another long, tiring day with everything going wrong. I am content to be a hermit tonight.

Just peeking in and saw Sunday the cat. I need some of that. Thanks for the smile
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:23 AM   #177  
Happy September

Unhappy Rainy Lazy Days

Dark skies, rain and a still tired Mel. Cold and wet out so the energy level and my sinuses have both abandoned me totally!! I don't do wet weather well. Raining too hard to go out so I'll shop for veggies with the visiting fruit man that comes.
(big sigh here, and a yawn) No plans & no news
Happy Friday and Have a wonderful weekend.

Ceejay! good for you and that is exactly what I am in the process of doing also. Going to the Drs for a complete overhaul and then filtering the info and doing what makes ME feel good. Good luck! GO CJ GO!!!

Shad~ I feel like the dang cat today!!! I can pose like that too sans the fur As soon as I get off here I will have brekkie and do my best to imitate her in my newer chair!!! You had a busy day!!! Good news about the DB having $$ for the car. Progress!!! Looking forward to the orange flowers!

Happy ~ you busy little bee you!! Always racing around all over the place. Hope the weekend will be restful and you have some peace of mind.

Saying hello to everyone else!! I know that Holly is prolly right behind me and what the happened to Lisa and where is our beloved Turltle Lady I know Miss Mary has no pc at work right now but no posts from home?!?! Nae it has been far too long since a good post. Tig and Meadow must be racking up the mileage together somewhere. Meadow, drop the candy and no one will get hurt!!!! Sending Teel some in case she is in need of them. PW is making decisions....so more are needed. LindaT has left for Sonoma Country......been elected the new Mayoress there!! Madcat is trying to find new combos of food stuff to avoid. More
OK does that covber everyone?! OH MISS RUTH!!! I wonder if she's still celebrating her birthday
Old 02-03-2006, 08:31 AM   #178  
Happy September

About yesterday.....I forgot something although it might be TMI....lol
The glow juice must be flushed out of the system with water ( especially with sedentary people). So lots of water yesterday and the consensus of opinion was to also use a laxative. Barium is very constipating to some.........including your darling friend!!!
Too bad we don't have a poopy smilie!!!
Old 02-03-2006, 08:36 AM   #179  

Here I am Mel, LOL!! Rainy and warm here too. 6C/42F.I think hubby will be home shortly. PD day here too. DS and the 5yo boy are driving me batty. They are sooooo freakin load and goofy.

A doable plan, right???? This is my theory/goal.
SO, I tell myself I will start(again) small with a doable plan.
5 rounds of sun salutation and 20 min cardio
no cheese
no bread
no sweets
only 2 coffees in the morning
Yesterday I did:
only 2 coffee
no bread(still have grains)
no sweets(baked goods)

I ate very well all day until the evening after the H&S meeting. I made a raspberry smoothie for me and DS. That would have been fine but after hubby went to bed asnd ER was on I ate chips. There have been no chips in the house since Christmas. Hubby really wanted some. I had a handful. Dont need a handful.

I had a looong day with a three year old yesterday.Actually a loooong week with this kid.Cant let her out of my sight. She is getting into all sorts of bad stuff and wrecking things.
Didn’t exercise.
Today I will do it!!!!!!!
7 kids for the morning,5 for the aft. DD went home with a family last night for a sleep over. They will be here at 9.
DS has hockey at 5:45.I am looking forward to a quiet evening.I want to get as much housework done during the day as possible.I will get ALL the kids to put toys away in the basement.

Fruit Smoothie!!!
1 cup frozen fruit
1 cup skim milk
whip in food processor!!!
YUM!!! I like berries best.

HUGS dear chicks!!!
Old 02-03-2006, 11:08 AM   #180  
Smackin' into a Wall

Nope I haven’t dropped off the edge of the world (or still recovering)… just been a busy week. A few 12 hour days and many mini crisis at work. There seems to be a political battle waging in this project and mostly I am playing Switzerland - and trying to keep my head down. Plus I have these jazzy new glasses and it’s making having to spend this much time staring at a computer screen way fun!!! I seem to be adjusting.

Funny thing is that I have been nearsighted since I was 14 and for the first time in about 15 years my prescription has changed – and my eyes are actually getting better. The Dr assures me that this is just a happy benefit of getting older. I’ll never not need glasses but I may have to start taking them off more often to read or do things close (like threading a needle). Fun!

I’ll be back later… Just wanted to check in.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote