Old 01-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #136  
Radiate self!

Unfortunately the cable guys were mostly diggers burying the lines along the road, never got an actual visitation Dirt covered fellows appeal?

I tried on a pair of trousers, not stretch, that I wasn't able to even sit in before. I can do them up, still a bit tight on the thighs but I'm wearing them just because I can I think ignoring the scale and just trying to focus on "doing" the exercise is my plan this year. I'm not good with numbers

Mel-you need to visit/phone a health food store and see what they have available in terms of bread without yeast. I bet there are tons of options, can you eat baking soda levened bread? I used to get a rice bread that was really good. Explore the phone book, do you have dial-a-dietician in the US? They are quite helpful, have a huge database to pull information from. Have you bought any spring bulbs to help the Spring arrive faster?

Shad-You might need to get one of the trainers in again to shake the routine. The muscles need to be challenged in a different direction. I think you would be really good at kick boxing, ever thought about giving it a try? How about fencing? Lunge, parry, thrust, AB flashes, phew!

Madcat-Well done on the exercising, I hope the new routine works well for you. Hope you have a blast at the party, do the dragon dancers wear a tam with a pompom Red of course

Tig-How lovely is it in your area of the world. Not a warm as Shad's I trust but just right for an enjoyable run. I hope you have a nice breeze to help you along. Will you be riding out for breakfast? Sounds like you day will be a calm and happy one.

Holly-Hey! Glad you are feeling a bit better and energy level is returning. You are so lucky to still have your Gran in your life. Give her a big hug and a whisper in her ear telling her how much she is loved.

Linus-my parenting magazine was just full of stuff about helping babies with sleeping difficulties and parents They are online, if you want to look at the website. http://www.todaysparent.ca/ Maybe there will be something there that will give you some ideas. When all else fails, a buddy of mine used to put the dishwasher on and put the little car carrier on top with the baby in it, always rocked her to sleep and she loved the sloshing noises.

Happy-are you still sleeping? Did the mattress allow you up out of its depth? Drop into the library and have a noodle about, you never know what book will leap into your hands and make you smile. I was looking at kid's videos at the library and lo and behold there was a Tasha Tudor video, "Take Joy", all about her life and garden. Made my day and night while I watched it, smiled the entire time

Ceejay-congratulations on losing the two pounds. Progress! I hope seeing the numbers change will give you a boost. I find pulling out clothes that used to be tight and trying them on and prancing about is motivation enough for me

will not be long before the snowdrops are blooming along the creek
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 03:05 PM   #137  
Radiate self!

Here is a good luck angel to watch over everyone this weekend, he beats those little baby cherub ones totally

Old 01-28-2006, 03:55 PM   #138  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

How goes it on this sunny (and so far cool) Sunday? You all sound remarkably chipper.

I forgot to mention that my version of fasting is not an entire day thing. My version of fasting may be to eat only when absolutely starving and the water thing no longer works, or it may be only to eat breakfast and dinner. It just means that at least one meal per day gets skipped. I'll keep the no food at all for medical reasons that only makes me headachey and grumpy. Anyway so far it seems to be working.

Yesterday was big day at the gym. I dragged myself along and did an hour on weights and abs and an hour at Body Balance. I'll take myself along again today and do an hour on cardio. That'll be two down for the week. Stupid part about it is that the abs thing is working. I can feel strong abs developing once I get through the inch or more of absolute flab in the gut. Even though I can find the abs, I can still pick up a handful of the flab. Wonder if it will ever disappear.
Yesterday was a garden day. I dug over the vege patch and fertilised and put in water granules and covered it with newspaper and sugar cane mulch. It will be watered and left for a month or so and in can go the tomatoes and lettuces, spinach etc. Looking forward to good fresh produce again. It's hard to believe we are at the end of January already. And the days are drawing in, especially in the mornings. No longer daylight at 4.00am.
Today, in fact in a few short minutes I'll go out and start on the Rose garden and give them a haircut and feed - they badly need it to.
DS2 came and took away my edge trimmer. I took a look at it again yesterday and have decided the fuel had gone off. He thinks that water has gotten into the fuel somehow - perhaps from the jerrycan as that looks a bit sus as well. So no doubt I will get my trimmer back all bright and shiney later today or maybe tomorrow or the next day.

Meadow, I see you have snuck in between my reading and starting to write here. Morning - dirt covered blokes only appeal when they have actually finished the job which made them dirt covered. Too many of them leave it half FLAMING finished.
Way to go on wearing those britches. See exercise does have it's benefits and once they become obvious you don't want to stop because you know what will happen. I only focus on the scales because medical opinion dictates I should be somewhere in the sixties and not in the 70's and if I ever want to (heaven forbid) take out medical insurance, I will be slammed hard for being the weight that I am. Never tried kickboxing or fencing. Jason the torturer talked about boxing at one point and then moved on. Maybe he saw my impressive developing muscles? I have been thinking about going to a trainer for a session, however have been putting it off as an unneccesary expense for the time being. I'm fairly sure (but not positive) my problem is food related and not exercise related.
Okay, I'll bite, who is Tasha Tudor and what is Take Joy all about?

Mel - the DIY is going along. I put in at least a couple of hours per day. That ceiling is really bothering me at the moment. I sanded it the day before yesterday and added plaster as required. Yesterday I had such a stiff neck and back - gym helped a lot I must say. Today will see a return to 'up the ladder' and I will resand the bits and try a coat of paint to see what happens this time. I'll be over the moon when that is done. It is still fighting me.
At least you have an excuse for the stomach. Sitting all the time does that. It must be painful at times. Sounds like me when I come off a plane from a long distance trip. Full of water and gas. Explosive combination!
At least you have been getting your exercise in. It stands to reason that a body will not be at it's best after a week of poking and prodding by a medical person. Take care now.

Madcat - Driving in the desert with Thelma? Hullo, think I have missed something here.
I hear you on taking time off from the exercising. I take my two days off together - seems like a weekend then. I've changed my routine somewhat as well to try to mix up the body a bit. But as said before, really need a trip to the trainer to get a new routine. I figured that Feb might be a good time to up the weights a bit and reduce the number of reps. Have a couple of days to ponder on that.
The only Serenity program Mel is working on is the one that ends "God grant me the wisdom to know where to bury the bodies of those I have had to kill because they really p*ssed me right off".

Holly - a very happy birthday to Grandma. 96 is incredible. May she enjoy a few more yet. Live long enough for a telegram from the Queen hey?
I hope hats and balloons are the order of the day and bouquets and not brickbats as well.

Hiya Tig - nice to see you posting. I am being careful about this. Thanks for sharing the experiences. I sometimes think I am already paranoic about food anyway, so I will try this for a while and see what happens. I'm not going to fast for entire days so maybe.......
SME's are amazing people. Yes they (mostly anyway) know their jobs and their business - however most of the ones I have spoken to tend to tell me of all that they have learnt of the business over the entire 30 years of their being there in the next 6 minutes. Sleep inducing. And never, ever let them loose on a class as they tell them about all they have learned about the new system in the last six months over the next 6 minutes. Can't shut them up when they get going. SME SME's Nice one Madcat.

Linus - glad to know that you are at last getting some sleep. Beware the mattress monster. I wait to see the before pics of the garden and later the afters - after the garden has been Linus 'Ground Force'. Please tell me you won't go bra-less a la Charlie Dimmock style.

Happy - Hiya. Sounds like you need a decent holiday and not a few days off here and there. The SAP monster will do this to you, you know. Time comes when you simply have to step back from it and take another look elsewhere. Feast the eyes on some beauty and tranquility. Take heart my friend, in another twenty years we can retire and live out our lives quietly in the ga-ga place.
Hope the rheumatologist has some good news for you soon.
And cheer up, summer is coming your way. Soon you will be able to add the pool to your exercise routine and have time outdoors once more. The sun is shifting. I can see it at my place. You may not have noticed it yet.

Ceejay - congratulations on dropping two pounds. Wonderful stuff.

Gotta go. Work to do, gym to get to (gotta love early Sunday - there is only me and one other guy there at 8.00. We get to fight over one machine in our routines - except today I'm doing cardio). Better get some washing done as well and go back to that #$%^@# ceiling.

Last edited by Shad; 01-28-2006 at 04:01 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:02 PM   #139  

Wow - Meadow!!!
Old 01-28-2006, 05:03 PM   #140  

oooh meadow can i borrow him just for a wee while
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:35 PM   #141  
Radiate self!

Tasha Tudor is a glorious lady, gardener, children's book author and illustrator. It is hard to really capture her in words though, you have to see her in action on her 250 acre farm in Vermont... walking barefoot, with her two corgis dancing around her, through her garden. It is magical. You can see more about her and her art work and life here: http://www.tashatudorandfamily.com/
Old 01-29-2006, 08:39 AM   #142  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WOW!!! MISS MEADOW!!! LOVELY STUFF FOR THE EYES TO LOOK AT THIS MORNING. DIRTY OR CLEAN, IF THEY'RE CUTE I'LL TAKE THEM! CONGRATS ON THE PANTS!! I LOVE WHEN YOU PUT SOMETHING ON AND CAN REALLY FEEL THE DIFFERENCE! I WILL CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE LATER AND HEALTH STORES WHEN THEY FINALLY DECIDE WHAT THIS IS AND A PLAN. COULD TAKE MONTHS. THANKS FOR THE IDEAS.

SHAD, YOU ARE HARD AT SLEEP BY NOW I HOPE AND RESTING THAT NECK. I ALWAYS HATED CEILINGS!! I NEVER SANDED THEM, ONLY PAINTED THEM BUT I HAVE A NEWCK THAT DOES NOT LIKE LOOKING UP!!! NOW IT DOESN'T LIKE TALL PEOPLE!

I'M NOT SURE IF I WENT BACK A PAGE HERE. IF I MISSED ANYONE I AM SORRY. NOT AWAKE YET. RICHIE HAD SOME RELATIVES DROP OVER UNEXPECTEDLY AND UN ANNOUNCED YESTERDAY. STAYED THE ENTIRE DAY AND NIGHT. JEN AND I BROUGHT SOME OF THE KIDS HERE AND THEY PLAYED GAMES. THE PC KEPT FREEZING UP WITH CERTAIN GAMES. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY. PROBABLY CAUSE I LACK SOME CAPABILITIES OF WHICH I AM CLUELESS. BY THE TIME THEY LEFT AND 2 COUSINS SLEPT OVER, WE WERE ALL EXHAUSTED. POOR RICHIE WAS EMBARASSED AND KEPT APOLOGIZING. THESE APARTMENTS ARE MUCH TO SMALL FOR ENTERTAINING AND THE FAMILY WAS TOLD THAT MANY TIMES. BUT I THINK THEY WERE NOSY AND WANTED TO MAKE SURE THEY WEREN'T JUST BEING SNUBBED AND NOT GETTING INVITES. (SIGH) BUT THEY LEFT HAPPY AND WON'T BE COMING BACK! DIFFERENT WEEKEND TO BE SURE. THIS FAMILY IS BIG AND BOISTEROUS (SP) PHEW!!! MY EARS CAN STILL HEAR THE CHATTER.
TODAY I NEED TO COOK AND GET MY REAR IN GEAR.
HAPPY SUNDAY CHICKLETTES!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:19 AM   #143  

Meadow~Tasha is a gal after my own heart. Sweet!!

Mornin' Miss Mel.
HUGS to everyone.
I am awake . An auspicious start to the day!!!

It is Dear Hubby's Birthday today. I love celebrating he and my Grandma together. They hold close spaces in my heart.

I went to bed at 9 to watch Trading Spaces and then turned out the light and slept til 8am. Weehee!!
A relaxing morning. We are off to church for 10:15. I am in the baby room!

The afternoon will be about tidying up everywhere in this house.

DD and I had a good visit with my Grandma yesterday moring and then we stopped in at a Women's Day and a friends place.Very cool to meet other interesting women.
DS had a good hockey game last night.

I had a nice chat with a Dad who used to work with hubby and has re educated for technology trades. He was telling me about the cash assistance that is available for men with families. I would love for hubby to find out more.

Must go clean up.
Have a blessed day!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:42 AM   #144  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

What's with this forum? Keeps dropping my login, I re-sign in (yet AGAIN) and it tells me I'm trying to go to an invalid thread.

Yesterday it rained and rained and rained. I was wondering if we should be building a boat. At one point it was really pouring - just after DH had taken a shower. Told him he should have just stepped off the patio. But it was a COLD rain. so he said thanks.

I mostly puttered around the house. Decided to tackle some things that I kept looking at as "I've been meaning to do". So I finally put pictures into the frames that were hanging on the wall - like my pictures much better than the ones that were in the frames I emptied out another packing box. Hemmed a pair of pants that I bought 6 months ago. and went through a cabinet and tossed stuff that I really didn't need to keep or was close to expiring. Overall, it doesn't seem like I did much but I know I did so I feel better. Today is a nice, sunny spring day. The birds are singing and as hard as it is for me to fathom, the spring blossoms are waking up underground.

My plans are for laundry, groceries and more tidying up. Might even be nice to pop some air into the bike tires and go for a ride. I just need to build my endurance. DH would be one to jump on and do 25 miles in the hilly area here. I'd be way behind off to the side of the road hyperventilating. Not sure when we rode bikes last - none at all last year so it's probably been a year and a half. Definitely out of shape I'd say.

I'm kind of frustrated with the whole diet and exercise thing right now, truth be told. I think I'll take a pause for a week. Sometimes a break is good to get the motivation back. Perhaps that's what you need too Shad. I don't intend to go off on any benders - just sometimes I get tired of all this planning, especially when results are slow and there is some slide forward, slide back.

Anyways...

Thanks for the pics Meadow - tho I have to admit I enjoyed the snowdrops and bridge more than the angel. Just never have been one to oogle guys. Told DH he was lucky in that respect So, more for Mel.
I do appreciate that you (as always) had a little something for all of us! Congrats on the NSV (non scale victory) with the slacks. Shows that walking is paying off.

Holly, hope you have a good time with the birthday celebrations.

Shad, what's this about tilling the garden and covering it in newspaper? Does that help the fertilizer take better? In another month it will be time to prepare our garden too so I'm up for tips. It was much too soggy for the poor tomatoes and I planted them according to Chicago's schedule which meant too late in the season. I know tomatoes like heat but didn't know that they could get TOO MUCH HEAT - a disappointing crop last year. Will do better this year. And I intend to plant more herbs too. I really enjoyed that fresh basil I dried out - even dried it still smells fragrant. As far as boxing - I did a couple of sessions with Bill the Tormentor and I was shocked at just how much cardio effort is involved with punching, jabbing and kicking air. They do say that boxers are strong athletes (sp??) - perhaps you might want to give it a try if you're looking to mix things up. Now that you are home, have you considered trying the mini meal approach? 5 or 6 small meals spread out between 2 but no more than 3 hours apart? Breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and optional evening snack? They say that is very good for the metabolism - keeps it steady and burning calories - much better than the traditional 3 meals a day. Mel and I did that with the Michael Thurmond plan. I did well at losing weight with that, it's just that when you're at the office it's very hard to remember to eat every few hours. Especially when we get so engrossed in our exciting jobs Just a thought...

Mel, you crack me up. It was Holly's GrandMA not GrandPA who had the birthday. But I'm sure he appreciated the sentiment too. There are several recipes on the Internet for yeast free bread. If you want some help searching, I'd be glad to pull a few for you. My nephew has psylliac (sp???) disease - no gluten and stuff like that. Makes for a real challenge cooking. Fortunately, there are more recipes now for special dietary needs than there used to be. Sounds like you had a pretty busy day, hope things are quieter today.

OMG - there's a picture and advertisement for Chocolate Turtle Flavor Chex Mix that is staring at me on the right side of the page. Good thing that's not so appealing to me.

Madcat, not being Canadian - what is Rabbie Burns and why the party? Today is the Lunar New Year. Happy New Year to those who mark that occasion! I think you hit the nail on the head - I do need a new hobby or something - stuck in a rut. I am also disappointed that it is so hard to make new friends here. I do enjoy getting out with other people once in a while. I keep reminding myself that life is what you make it - if you don't like it - change it. Thanks for the suggestions.

Tig, I think ole Mel would be delighted to have us all descend upon her (even IF her apartment is not set up for large crews of people) - we can all meet in the courtyard and have a run on the wheels of fire? How about it?

Linus - hope things are going well for you - gardens and babies and all.

Alright, I am past my allotted computer time. Time to get the show on the road as they say. I really have to try this early to bed, early to rise thing - it's way too late in the day before I get rolling.

Hellos to anyone I missed - I reached the end of the page and couldn't read any more posts. Have a good Sunday in your little corner of the world.

Stupid, stupid - it's dropped my login again even THO it CLEARLY states I'm logged in at the top of the page...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 12:50 PM   #145  

Happy~Robbie Burns is a Scottish Poet.We Canadians of Scottish decent are quite taken with him. As far removed from the Chinese New Yeasr as can be possible hence the delight of living in a melting pot country. Particularily in Toronto where those different cultures are celebrated by all. Oh, Rabbie is the pet name way of saying Robbie.
Madcat~ Hope the party was a blast!!! Wish I was there.

Church was lovely. It has been warm and pouring rain since yesterday aft.
DS and I are soon to venture into his room to clean and then he has hockey.
Send a search party if I dont return by tomorrow.May be eaten by dust bunnies.

HUGS dear wordly chicks!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 03:50 PM   #146  

Oh to hae the gift a gae us,
And see oursels as others see us.

Robbie Burns

My mother used to quote this bit from what ever poem of Burns when I wore something particularly outrageous and of which she did not approve! She meant that I should look at myself both coming and going and see how bad she thought I looked. I took little notice.

Robbie Burns, Scots poet and songwriter - wrote Auld Lang Syne among other things (like Ode to a Haggis). There are several websites dedicated to his poetry and music. So if you want the real words to Auld Lang Syne or to see more of his stuff, then click this http://www.rabbie-burns.com/index.cfm. It must be a big thing in Canada since we never celebrate Burns in either NZ or Aus to my knowledge.

Mel - neck is fine again. Stiff shoulders but that's okay. I can live with that - especially since I have to do it all again today. Drat. Soundslike fun having the extended family in your little abode. What's with the computers in the States - your's is hanging and Happy's is chucking her out. Maybe that's what Painter is up to as well and Ceejay and Lisa and Nae???? etc.etc.etc.

Holly - any further re-education has got to be a bonus. Hope you can persuade DH that it would be in his best interests. Men are sometimes strange about re-programming! Happy birthday to the DH.

Happy - sounds like you have been quite the energiser around the house. It really is amazing what a difference a few new pictures can make. Good onya for chucking the junk. My next junk trip is up in the attic where I know there are some items just crying out to be 'recycled'.
Go for that ride. It will do just as much good as clearing the boxes.
I agree that we all get tired and stale with the progress or lack thereof of the diet. The seasons have a lot to do with it as well I am sure. I've tried the mini meals, they don't work for me. I managed to add another 2 kilos doing that. It took ages to get it back off again. I'm having more success eating strictly to plan only when I am hungry.
I use newspaper in the garden to cover the soil, keep in the warmth and moisture and defeat the weeds. It's a great way of recycling the newspaper as well. Over the dug over, fertilised and raked earth I put a layer of newspaper about 3 pages thick, then add the mulch like sugarcane mulch or lucerne hay on the vege patch and back garden. In the front garden I tend to use bark over the paper because it is relatively cheap, looks better than the hay but doesn't breakdown as quick (hay or straw also adds compost to the soil). The paper breaks down over time and becomes compost in the garden. The front garden is mostly trees and natives and doesn't need the feeding of the rose garden or the vege patch. The latter get fertilised and mulched about three times a year - the front only once. Hope this explains my strange gardening habits.

Took the DB1 to his meeting last night. He's going quite well and it is now 4 weeks since he had a bet. There were some new people at my meeting again. Seems a great many of them come to see what they do about a loved ones problem and when they find out they are powerless to do a damn thing about it - only find ways to save their own sanity and preserve the family then they don't come back often. It's quite sad because although we are powerless to do anything about the loved one, we can learn quite a lot which helps to define and point out when the person is going to go off the rails again. Ways to think about protecting the money so that the family can live and pay the bills etc. There are some sad stories out there.

Better go and face the day. The stomach has woken up, then it's off to gym and then home to face the ceiling once more. It must be done.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:54 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hello and hugs to all. I'm at work.

Happy--I stayed in yesterday and listened to the rain.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 05:15 PM   #148  
Choose your hard

Thank you Holly and Shad for the Robbie Burns education. Figured he had to be important if he ranked up there with a New Year's party Brave Holly, going into a young boys room - without an oxygen mask either!

It must be a lovely day. A lot of people out and about walking. I have asked DH to check the bike tires so I can start riding again. He reminded me that this will be no easy task with the sloping streets around here. Yes, I know, it winds me enough just to walk them! I fear I have damaged my lungs more than I thought all those years of smoking. Still get the heavy in the chest feeling when getting exerted. Or does everyone feel that way?

Ceejay, I enjoyed the rain too. Stood outside on the covered patio listening to it last night. Then came and sat in the living room only to hear the plunk, plunk, plunk of water coming in through the chimney. DH says we have a leak somewhere. It's a slow leak but the plunk in the bucket was distracting with the TV.

Went shooting today and for some reason my eyes were quite blurry. Had a problem focusing on the sights. Tell me I don't need new glasses already! I'm thinking these are only about 6 months old. Made do with the last ones for 2 years. I have blended bifocals and actually wear regular straight vision glasses for the computer to avoid neck strain. I sometimes think switching back and forth between the regular and close up glasses doesn't do the eyes much good.

Just popped in for a minute. Best get off to the grocery store before it gets too late and gets dark out (I don't drive at night). DH has been amenable to going to the store with me (big sacrifice on his part ) but I think he has other plans for the afternoon than to follow me around and ask every 10 steps - are we done yet, got everything, can we go, my feet hurt, you don't really need that do you, c'mon let's go...
Old 01-29-2006, 11:42 PM   #149  

Greetings...
Meadow... thanks for the photos.. I preferred the Snow drops... must be getting old! Congrats on the fitting pants.

CeeJay.. I do agree that some financial edjukashun might be in order. don't want to have your savings go down the tubes like those poor people at Enron... but if you can get the money to double... and if you can find GOOD stock funds... might be OK. DH and I just went to an advisor... he says market(dot)com has some good basic information or Motley Fools.

Madcat-- hope your plans are apace.

Mel-- did you finally get blood drawn and med checks done? I wish the scientists would get cracking and settle all of thie immune system stuff!

Depressive Rant Warning:
Did you see the segment on 60 minutes about D. Voight the opera singer? She got bumped out of Covent Garden for being fat (she's an opera singer... if SHE can't be fat... well, you know). any way she did the gastric bypass thing.

Looking at her fat photos, I thought she was beautiful.
Looking at the "thin" photos, I thought she was fat.

I am afraid that no matter how I lose the weight I want to lose, I'd have the same unhelpful reactions. I'm taller than her, don't wear sizes as big as her biggest.. but... BUT WHAT? Why am I SO scared? of even addressing the issue seriously. One of the good things about this forum is that we don't see each other.... So I can only look at the progress sliders and do the math... and of course, lots of people are cagey and only put short term goals down, rather than top weight and goal weight. I "should" weigh 150 pounds less than I do. I even have insurance that is good enough that I think it would be mostly paid for. DH is supportive either way. I think I'm on the verge of doing this...

My thinking was, that since I could have died from breast cancer, but didn't, I might as well give this a whirl. It feels like jumping off a building with no net, parachute or bunjie cord. It feels suicidal.

I don't want to die. I just want to be graceful, fit and pretty. (Notice that healthy doesn't really come in!!)

Bleah. PM's welcome... not sure I really want to be the center of attention, you know?
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:02 AM   #150  
Choose your hard

Painter... PM is on it's way.

Ceejay - I think we think alike regarding the investments. I would not be bothered - seen too much in the stock market - am a nervous investor. It also takes ALOT of time. More time than I'm interested in spending. Motley Fool is a good website. We got burned big time by our "financial advisor". Have been doing better since DH took it over. It helps that he likes this. But he / we did take some classes. Seems tho that you have thought it over and are quite comfortable with your decision so I will tape it shut and offer no further unsolicited advice

God grant me the willpower to stick to the diet plan this week. Please!