Old 02-15-2006, 08:21 AM   #271  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Shad~ how about a wee chat before you leave? Give me a day and time to call IF it's convenient. If not we can chat another time. I know you must be busy. I know the feeling of you shopping trip. Had friends in the past who were "loaded" and there I was looking in the bargain bins!!! What did the $4 buy?!?!?!?!?!?
Good luck with the list and hugs for you and Sunday:hugs:

Holly~ I was going to say something similar as Shad yesterday and forgot. I always wonder why the jobs with the most responsibility seem to always pay the least.
But the rewards are there for nurturing that must take place for so many of your wee citizens!!

Everyone has disappeared. Feels like the Twilight Zone!!
I was doing very well yesterday till I took some meds on an empty stomach and then almost ruined the day.
since keeping my distance from the office, I can feel the changes in my thinking but once and awhile I get sucked back in a little. Seems like I am catching on to it faster though. Maturity....such a difficult concept!
A day devoted to cleaning & myself today and laundry tomorrow. Happy Wednesday!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:12 PM   #272  

I have not disappeared. In fact, I'm getting bigger and bigger and bigger. I could be an Alpine Mountain Range all by myself. but no hot Alpine skiers to go down the slopes.
Glad you are all alive and kicking.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:28 PM   #273  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hey MEL, if you hear Rod Serling's voice, run!!

Hope everyone has had a terrific VD! Mine was very nice. Slept in with TB, had a leisurely breakfast and then last night went to the usual Tuesday night gathering. We had Champagne and chocolate cake. What better way to spend Valentines Day night then with lots of people you love (unless there is whipped crèam involved)??

Meadow~ I always felt so sorry for poor Pepe. He just wanted to be loved – was that so wrong? So he had a few personal hygiene problems…

Carla ~ thanks for the suggestion. Lily of the Valley is so lovely. Are so lovely?

Holly~ I second (third?) Shad and Mel’s comments. But that is $175 more than you would have had if you didn’t do it. If you love doing it, it may have extra rewards that have nothing to do with cash. Good work on the new organization and tracking. I need to get there.

Happy~ maybe your coworker has that priceless Sworovski crystal collection you know nothing about? Hope the relocation went without a hitch. It is so annoying having to find new places for all your stuff but always a good excuse to clean out the files.

CeeJay~ Hope all goes as well as can be expected. Nice thought that you had a chance to say good-bye.

Anyway, things are shaping up for the wedding. We now have an event coordinator at the venue and a date for the tasting. Now the dress is next on the list I think… I hate having to obsess about this. Bought a purse sized calendar and a notebook to keep notes in. Time to treat this like I would any project I was paid to do.

Speaking of being paid, I am back to work…
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:52 PM   #274  
Smackin' into a Wall

And Painterwoman snuck in whhile I was composing!! Hi there.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:10 PM   #275  

Oh, the low income is well worth being home with my kids.The cash I earn pays for hockey, gymnastics, extra groceries, gas and lightens the worry load for both me and DH.
It IS a lot of work but the thought of not being here for my kids is, well.... I actually cant imagine any other choice no matter how hard i try.
It does BUG me that a 2 parent family with a modest lifestyle cannot live off of 1 modest income and for 1 parent to be home to raise their own children. Hubby's and my expectations as far a lifestyle go are so simple and un-material. A roof over our heads, a vehicle to drive, healthy food.... that's about it.
Off my soapbox.

HUGS and LOVE!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:31 PM   #276  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Mel, we can chat anytime between now and Sunday - well except for lunch time today and Saturday night my time. So if you want to make it my Sat morning and your Friday that's fine by me. Just let me know and I will send out the correct signals at the correct time.
PS the $4 got me some padded coat hangers. I am exchanging my old wire ones slowly (aka - when I remember) for padded and wooden ones.

I've changed my mind about driving down on Sunday and have now booked a flight for Sunday morning. It's a long drive for one day and I will now fly home on Friday, leave here on Saturday about lunch time, find a motel about halfway and drive the Sydney bit in the morning when I am fresh and not stressed out about getting to and through the joint as I would be doing the whole 1100K in one day.

Yesterday I painted and the ceiling in the diner and it doesn't look too bad. It needs a bit of plaster in some of the screw holes but other than that is okay. The lounge ceiling will never be perfect but there you go. It's not my fault, between the builder and the painter they have stuffed it. It will need to be replaced at some point in time or be restripped and plastered. I haven't got the time or energy anymore. Have to go get some more paint today to finish off. This ceiling must have the record amount of paint on it.

Today I am taking some time out to go bush and have lunch with a friend who lives down in Jimboomba on acreage. Her business is breeding Rottweiler dogs. Should be fun as long as I don't get eaten for breakfast or in this case lunch. I'll fit in the last day for the week at gym today along with the lunch and the paint shop. There isn't a branch of my gym at Wollongong so I will either have to find another or do it the hard way, by myself and on the beach. Yes they have beaches in Wollongong.

Painterwoman - glad to hear you again. I was getting a bit concerned and about to send you an e-mail to see what gives. Getting bigger??? Well sometimes heat and either dry or humidity combine to stop one from losing weight. Not much consolation I suppose when one lives in Texas or the Tropics. However I always find that it is easier to lose in a cooler climate. I look forward to coming back from Wollongong a bit lighter (maybe). Keep chugging the water and resisting the temptations. When you are ready, you will lose I'm sure.

Madcat - Who's Rod Serling?? Why should Mel panic if she heard his voice? Inquiring minds must know these things.
Thanks for the Pepe explanation. Now I understand. Sounds like you had an interesting Valentines day. I can never relate to calling it VD since here VD is referring to a particularly nasty spreadable and highly contagious disease although come to think about it, the disease is mainly spread by 'luv'.
Glad to hear that things are coming together for the big day. Such a lot of organisation. Much easier to run off and elope. Yes things can get a bit obsessive especially if you suddenly think of things you have forgotten - like transport to the airport etc. - but treating it as a project with deadlines, guidelines and goal lines should fix it. Have you sorted out the photography yet? We will need pictures you know? Strewth with all these women putting in an oar the rowboat called Madcat's wedding must be going to be a purler.

We are a small bunch today so far. Ceejay is off attending to family, Happy is lost among the packing boxes again, Holly isn't in yet, where are we all? Oh it is still early, okay. Well up and at 'em Shad. Time is a movin' along
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:40 PM   #277  

Madcat~ I have been dress shopping.

I could be exercising but looking a wedding dresses is much more fun.

I totally see you in this gown!!! I like the cream colour.
http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/store/Jillanne.asp

This is nice too. http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/store/madison.asp

This is sexy, I love it with the jacket http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/store/4031.asp

http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/store/Maxine.asp Elegant!!

Gold Glam http://www.onlygowns.com/purchase/pr...=119&prodid=41

http://www.onlygowns.com/purchase/pr...134&prodid=209 Beautiful.

Too fun!!!
Old 02-15-2006, 04:33 PM   #278  

Dressing Madcat is GREAT way to enjoy an afternoon tea.

http://www.edenbridals.com/product_i...roducts_id=754

I LOVE this one, enlarge the pic to see front and back!!!
http://www.edenbridals.com/product_i...roducts_id=405

http://www.enchantedcostumes.com/ima...heal/front.jpg OOPs a Hollyhock gown!

ODD?? http://www.amandalinas.com/cgi-bin/p...20Dresses;i=15

Enough playing around!!! HUGS!!
Old 02-15-2006, 08:47 PM   #279  
Smackin' into a Wall

Oh, Holly, you are wonderful. I love these ones...

http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/store/Maxine.asp
http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/store/Jillanne.asp
And I really, really love this one...
http://www.edenbridals.com/product_i...roducts_id=754
Enough that I'm going to have to find out if I can find it anywhere in the Toronto area to at least try on. Not sure what I would look like in an Empire waist. The medieval one is terrific... but not quite what I envision. BUT, ahem, skipping working out? tsk. tsk…

Shad ~ Rod Serling was the host/ creator of the original black and white Twilight Zone episodes. He even wrote something like 92 of the episodes. A pretty amazing guy with a very distinctive voice. Must be a North American cultural thingie. And believe me, I am all too well aware of the connotations of calling it VD. I have never been a big fan of the day – figuring that if your love needs a calendar (and a card company) to remind them to tell you of their love then they are the wrong person to be with. In fact, I used to host an annual "Bitter Cynic Valentine's Day lunch"… maybe I'm mellowing with age? Or could it just be "lurve"? Be careful with those Rotties. "Go bush" "Acreage" I think I figured those out… Enjoy. I hear running on sand is supposed to be great for teh calves. Could you swim (but not if there are sharks)?

Painter~ What are you doing differently that you are getting these results? Is it time to reassess again? What worked before? What isn't working now?

Last edited by Madcat; 02-15-2006 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:15 PM   #280  
Radiate self!

Clears throat, yep, not much happening this week. I was going to plant my sweet peas next week but the ground is still frozen up here in the mountains. I will have to wait until mid March I guess sniff I had a wrangle with an online help desk person when an order confirmation email had all the wrong amounts on it. I emailed her twice, she said we are right, you are wrong, too bad, thanks for your custom. Then I phoned and she was all oh yes, that is wrong, I will contact so and so and see that is fixed immediately. I thought print media was supposed to be more powerful, but nope a voice on the end of a phone line and all of a sudden everything is clearing and the customer is suddenly right. I am vindicated

PW-your visualization techniques are slipping, remember thin within! Kick that mountain image to the curb Stop watching the olympics if it is making you feel less sporty, the over muscled, over achievers, where do they get off being all over the tv anyway. I'm missing my Coronation Street for two weeks because of them

Shad-tick, tock soon you will be in a new job, new people, new place. You must just adore adventure and testing your adaptabilities. I think it is wonderful! Say hi to Mel from me when you talk to her

Mel-I'm sorry your medication went down wrong and made you feel worse rather than better. That's it for you no pills until after breakfast If you want a website to lift your spirits when the day is getting away from you try www.quantum-grace.com makes me float away on the good vibes it creates in my head. It has pictures, quotes and lovely little stories. Not a site to read all at once, just a nice place to pause. When you talk to Shad tell her we wish her well on her new journey into the work world

Holly-wedding dresses galore! Aren't you a search maven! Madcat sounds like she is much appreciative. Very nice. I think you are very lucky to be able to work from home and enjoy the kids.

Madcat-master organization before the wedding means you can relax and enjoy everything on the day. An event coordinator is a wonderful addition, you will have nothing to think about except being blissed out on your day

Happy-did I read that right? they bubble wrapped you and then rolled you around the court yard? What a daft comany, I'm sure you could have walked. Must be an insurance thing.

Carla-Hi, what are you doing? What mischief is going on in your part of the world?

Ceejay- I hope everyone is bearing up alright. Tough times.

Linus, Teel, Tig, Rose, Linda, Lisa, Raventoy, JavaTurtle, Ruth, Jennifer, Honeydipped and all the Chicks of the world
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:16 AM   #281  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Argh... I just typed a whole big long post, was searching for something else on another window, closed both windows and LOST MY POST! Stupid me. No time to retype everything so I will just wish everyone a good day.

And remember ... if you never move it - you will never "lose it". Make good choices today in everything you do.

Loved the globe with the circling hearts Meadow - you find the best stuff!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:17 AM   #282  
Happy September

Tomorrow was supposed to be the Dr appt for test results but there may be a scheduling problem. Will have to wait till they call back. It's ok by me.
with the warmer temps, the snow is melting away. On Friday with temps in the 60's, gale winds with gusts up to 52 MPH and the rain, the snow should be gone. that's the good news. The bad being the temps will drop to 25 that night!!! Now I ask you, WTF kind of weather is this? I can just see the roads now....a sheet of ice. Now where did I put those chains?????
I am off to the laundry room. Happy Thursday

PW~ Good of you to drop in and let us know you're still around!! Seems we are both "growing".........
Come back and we will get serious together with our goals.

Holly~ lovely pics and I can see it gave Miss Mad something to look at!! As a single Mom, I babysat and cleaned other peoples toilets to get Jen through school and get school clothes and supplies. She needed a stay at home Mom. So a Mom's gotta do what a Mom's gotta do. Now get out of Google and exercise!!

Shad~ just give me the time and day! I must go back and read your post again. for some reason I got lost....roflmao.
but then I am not awake yet. Thank God (and Shad) the ceiling is almost over. I think the idea of painting a picture was a good one....the clouds and such will hide the lumps and bumps!!! Who TF looks up anyway?!?!
Now go and start getting ready for the move!!!

Madcat~ Rod Serling!!! ROFLMAO His voice is etched in all our minds!!!....along with Vincent Price and Boris Karloff! Having bought the book now, I can see you are gettin' down to business! Is this affair gaining momentum and growing day by day? They have a tendency to expand on their own!! Good luck!

Meadow~ the cartoons were too funny but oooh soooo true!!! Will the ground be thawed out by mid March?! I'll send a pick ax up to you!!! You might need one!
I was thinking of an herb garden in a window box but not sure about my sinus problem. They have never gorwn well there before. I tried a few times. Funny how a voice on the phone still works wonders. When I have to make calls like that it makes me mad that they just didn't do it right to begin with!!! Thanks for the addie...it's on my list of things to look at.

Old 02-16-2006, 08:21 AM   #283  
Happy September

Miss Happy.....sorry you lost the post and I will try and make better choices today!! A good reminder for me!!
so you got yourself wrapped up and moved I see?!?! Meadow just cracked me up with her post!! I had a great visual of you on the dolly being wheeled across the court with a red bow and bubble wrap!!! Hope you have a great day too.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:50 AM   #284  

Well it is amazing how a mood can change in 12 hours.

I am trying to keep my spirits up but it is looking like I will have to make a life decision for Clyde in the next couple of days.
It is a Charlie Brown Cristmas Tree kind of morning so far.
They are starting to do my van today. I am transfering money from Visa into the bank account. Trying not to worry. It is only money.It is only a van.
The hard thing today is that my 17 year old sweet boy kitty is sick. He has a lot of blood in his urine. He has been aging rapidly in the last few months, dropped a lot of weight. HE was 22 lbs all his life. Last year he was 17lbs. He is skin and bones now. He is pain all the time from arthritis. It will be so hard for all of us when he dies. He predates hubby in my life by 8 years but quickly dumped me for hubby. They are best friends. Literally.
I guess now I am waiting for bad thing #3 to happen and then it will all be over.

Need prayers ands hugs.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:13 AM   #285  

Clyde
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ddess/king.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...yderainbow.jpg