Old 02-06-2006, 01:56 PM   #196  
Smackin' into a Wall

Seems so. Hope everyone's server problems (and ceiling problems) are soon solved.

I'm sure they're working on it and all be soon be returned to normal.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:52 PM   #197  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

It seems the server problems maybe fixed. No dreaded red message this morning telling me that I can't log in as we are moving to the new server. And I can post.

Very annoying yesterday and it went in and out of the old and new so many times I finally gave up in disgust and sent a mail to Mel telling her of my woes. Thanks Mel.

The ceiling was always going to be a problem but I had hoped that I had got all the old paint off it. One tends to think that when one gets down to the jointing tape under the plaster. Still it decided to have the last laugh. So I have again sanded the peeling bits and will try again this morning. One has to paint either early morning or late because the heat dries the paint as you go and unless you are really careful, you get either brush marks or roller drag. It's not so visible day time but brother does it stand out at night. Somehow or other as well the plaster I applied to the dints and screw holes seems to be sucked up into the holes as well. Think you've done a good job - well look again the holes are back. More plaster, more paint. By the time I have finished the ceiling will probably fall down through shear weight of paint.

Painter - SUPEREROGATION!!!!! Now there is a word and a half. Since most people are not inclined to do more than expected I guess it is not used often these days. Present company excepted of course.

Mel - thanks for making the announcement of my problems. I appreciate that. Hope the glow juice has all worn off now and you can get back to putting the poor abused body to rights. So much trauma for so little gain. Still I presume that if the gain were to be found it would all be worth it.

Teel - wonderful to hear from you while on holiday. Niamh did very well with my favourite smilie Love that wee bloke. Have a safe trip home on Wednesday or whenever.

Hiya Happy - yes I still see Mika from time to time. She is just finishing up her second stint at language school and then has 2 weeks holiday before going to University to study linguistics. I think she going to do one of the 'Romance' languages like Spanish or French - or possibly both knowing Mika. She came here while the DS1 was here and was with us for the bbq. But she was very tired. She doesn't accept anything less than an A and invariably winds up with A+. So she does a lot of study and has little spare time these days. She is looking forward to her 2 week break.
I hope DH had a happy birthday and that the steak and spud worked out fine for him. I know the feeling of being out of control with lunches. So much temptation around in the cafes, bars and restaurants. Asian food is not lo fat even if it is extremely healthy stuff. The reason that they don't get fat is that they are generally much more physical than we are. We have all the mod cons which are supposed to save us time but generally only save the effort which means we are not getting the physical stuff done. However things are changing over there and they too are getting fatter and less fit. Seems the whole world is trying to explode with too much food or too much of the wrong style of food.

Madcat good to see you posting and trying the emoticons again. Have you got the sins of the Chinese New Year/ Robert Burns night out of the system now and are back on the straight and narrow. It's not that long until May you know and we want to see you looking your best for the 5th. Not putting pressure on you here you understand. I may not be able to be there in person, but I'll be standing right alongside and urging you on for the big day.

Okay, time to move it along. This morning after gym, I will wash the ceiling again with sugarsoap and open all the doors and windows to allow it to dry. Then probably Thursday morning I will paint it again and wait to see what happens. I'm so tired of the dust, paint flakes, having the sweeper in the room and everything covered in dust sheets, which don't always keep out the dust!

Morning to Linus, Meadow, Ceejay, Tig, LindaT, Turtle, Jennifer, Lisa, Nae, etcetc.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:19 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Seems like Miss Mel is getting back to her normal self after the "glowing espisode."

I've been busy all day and haven't gotten to many things accomplished. Ugh, Mondays.

Hello to the rest. Going to get caught up on some things before I go home. Haven't even posted the week end's work sheet's yet.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:00 PM   #199  
Radiate self!

I have pilfered my exercise ball back from my kids and now have it as my computer chair. Must do something as I wiggle back and forth on it I'm on a new kick to eat more grains. Aiming for more barley and lentils. Made some barley soup for breakfast/lunch tasted good.

Happy-Oh dear, you immune system is malfunctioning. Get back to good with your own food is going to give you tons more energy, take a multivitamin.
I hope DH has a lovely birthday. Take it easy, remember you can only do so much in a day, try not to stress The laundry can stay in the basket, folding is all about brainwashing, hang it all up in the closet maybe, underthings too, they just get lost in the drawers

Mel-so you are still a glow gal? a least you are enjoying a colourful experience everytime you visit the throne room I hope the residents all have hot water now and are leaving you a bit of quiet to regroup and move forward again Have some chili, it will move you

Shad-rotten luck with the ceiling. How is your neck? sore I'll bet having to do that twice. Remember to relax the muscles with a hot water bottle or a lovely soak in the tub. You kitty looked so sweet, a real smoosher.

Holly-what are you doing today? Hockey? Avon? School? Are you dancing? What is your song today? Who is touching your spirit and making you sway?

Teel-how fun to be on a new computer logging in. Do we look different from Derby? Stop the step dancing while you are typing though, that CD door is going to fly off its hinge

Ceejay-What! Haven't posted the weekend worksheets? So busy. I hope you are taking some time to look at the stars on your way home. Don't leave it too late, don't want to have no day left for yourself.

Madcat-Hi Another week begins. How is yours looking?

PW-I am having a blast reading the "Artist's way" I will not be doing those daily pages though, I think I would disintegrate from the sudden realization of just where I have been and what isn't working I'm a big chicken, squawk! Busy enough clearing away the wreckage of my negative patterning.

How goes it with you, pushing through? I love the stuff you have been doing at your blog, the chairs were a hoot!

THERE'S A THIN PERSON INSIDE OF ME SCREAMING TO GET OUT, BUT I KEEP HER SEDATED WITH CHOCOLATE

Last edited by Meadow; 02-07-2006 at 01:37 AM.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:19 AM   #200  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Well let's see if it retains my login when I go to post. You're right Ceejay - it is aggivating. and I considering the twists and turns it takes you through as it errors out, it's amazing that some of the folks can find their way back to post. It will get better, I'm sure.

Meadow, using the exercise ball as an ergonomic chair sounds like fun. Except for me it would be too low and I'd bang my chin on the desk more than once. Would probably need physical therapy for messed up shoulders having them hunched up high enough to reach the keyboard. Of course it doesn't take much for me to require physical therapy anymore And then of course there's the distraction of playing with and bouncing the ball rather than doing what you are supposed to do. But hey, life is what you make it and that includes the fun things, doesn't it? I think I like the chicken too.

Yes, I have decided that mega stress has affected my immune system and I will have no more of that.

Shad, you are so right about the paint marks on the ceilings at night - or when the light shines just right. I was horrified to see that in the old house - DH was not too keen that I pointed it out to him too. Problem solved here as they have textured ceilings in just about all the homes. It's very rare to find smooth ceilings here. I miss them. Not about to go through all the trouble of sanding and smoothing them all. Too many ceilings here. I have just learned not to look up. I hope you will be done soon - living in a life of dust with hot weather is no fun.

How are you doing today Mel? Is it only your face that is glowing? Perhaps just a glint of mischief sp??? in the peepers? Is your refrigerator as stocked to the gills as mine? DH is like... do 2 people REALLY need all this food? - maybe we could cut back a bit. Hard to buy only 2 plums when they look sooooo good. My biggest problem continues to be what looks good on Sunday shopping doesn't always sound good come Thursday. I think LindaT has something there with planning the week's meals out ahead of time and sticking to them.

Did well yesterday with food, water and exercise. We grilled pork chops for DH's birthday dinner. Yum. Had a piece of pecan pie - a small one. Yum yum. Lots of fruit, veggies and protein for the rest of the week.

Hellos to the group, time to get on with the day.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:44 AM   #201  

Okay~ 1 kid off the school. 5 kids here colouring.

Spilled apple juice inside of the fridge so I now have an emptied out,well scrubbed and reorganized fridge. Gotta love natural consequences.

I will tidy the kitchen and sort out garbage and burn barrel stuff.

Um...my weight seems to be up or the same. I seem to be eating less and moving more. Not sure what is up. I dont have time to track it efficiently.

I am quite disgruntled with some school council issues. Trying to sort out my thoughts.DS was a bear this morning but skillfully had him purring like a kitten by the time he left for school. ACK!!!! I am a goddess.

A 30something person from our village was killed on a sideroad last night. No name released yet. I pretty much know every 30something person in the area.
Worried.

HUGS!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:45 AM   #202  

Dear Meadow~ I was swaying to Heart of Gold by Neil Young.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:45 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I hope it is the fault of the server and not mine in posting. I didn't realize the chicks had been working on it.

Happy--take care of yourself. And yes stress will cause a number of health problems.

Holly--Would you come and clean my fridge? pleaseeeeeeee.

Meadow--I didn't stay late at work. It just seems that lately,Monday's have been a bear here. grrrrr.

My sister called me last night and told me that her ex husband who is the children's dad had passed away at 58 years old. We're all in a state of shock. I probably will not get to go to Missouri for the funeral but I sure would like to. I'm really trying not to emotional eat but not eating is making me extremely nervous.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #204  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Ceejay, for you on the loss of the BIL ex or not. That's an awfully early age to pass on. If you can get to go to the funeral, then do so. It is a closure for all. You come to grips with the fact that he is no longer there and not suffering. It's hard to accept death in most forms and it is especially hard when the person is not far removed from your own age. I'm not sure the grief is for us or for them. Us probably.

Meadow, I quite like those exercise balls to sit on at the office. They come in different sizes and you really have to sort out your posture to be able to stay upright on them. They are also good for doing squats against a wall etc. So stick with it and don't let the kids have all the fun.

Happy - I am not having a problem with my login, rather I have a problem with the site not being available all the time. About every second time I go to it the internet tells me the site is unavailable. Don't know what is with that, but it does get annoying. Other than that I am not having any further problems. I see Ruthxxx is having the same sort of problems. Great minds must think alike (our computers I mean)
The ceiling is about to get it's next coat today. We shall see what we shall see. If you hear high pitched screaming and beating of chests and/or sobbing then you will know it is me and what I have done is not working!!!

Mel - how's it all going. Could probably use you over here to do the secretary bit while I am up the ladder. I keep my mobile in my pocket while I am up the ladder, everyone uses the home phone. I keep the home phone in my pocket while up the ladder and guess what. Put both phones in the pockets and my pants fall off while up the ladder.

Holly - isn't it amazing how far a cup of spilt apple juice will go. Drink the stuff and it never seems to go far at all. Join the club with eating less and drinking more and moving to the max and the weight goes on! Should be a law against it.

Hiya to everyone else - oooh a breeze just came in through the window I can smell roses. Must be the yellow freisia rose as it is in full bloom just now and I can see nothing else that has a strong scent and which is out.

This is not a photo of my rose. I suspect mine is more of a floribunda. But it does look similar in the bud.

I seem to have scored myself another job. When things happen, they happen quite suddenly and given that I am waiting on the results of a local one which will be clear by 12.00pm today, it seems that I will be off to Wollongong in a couple of weeks time. The 'gong you will remember is where Kiwi Annie was last heard of. I wonder if she is still there? I did have a telephone number and I know where she was working but I seem to remember that the last time we heard from Shaker, Kiwi Annie was back in Sydney. I will try to find the number and see if I can find her if I get time. I don't know her family name although I do know her first name. Anyway that is the news for today. I will probably take the 'gong job. It is paying extremely well, I will be working with people that I know and doing a variety of documentation from finance to purchasing to material maintenance to PM, and given that I want to go on holiday in August, I may just need that money. It's just that I will have to pack up and leave home again. Sunday the cat will not appreciate my efforts I am sure. Speaking of Sunday the cat, I have just taken her to the vet to have her teeth checked and scaled. She was quiet all the way to the vet (a minor miracle in itself) but let it be known that she was less than amused when I walked into the vets surgery and was even louder when I handed her over to Kelly the nurse (another Kiwi who comes from the same hometown as Kiwi Annie). I'm sure the vet and his staff will be impressed with her healthy vocal cords.

Ah well with that, I'll be off to paint the ceiling and walls. Better get that done before I go away again.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:01 PM   #205  
Choose your hard

Shad, you have a very good memory - good thing you are a trainer! I went and did a search and sure enough Annie had moved back to Sydney according to Shaker around June of 2004 - quite a while ago, not sure if she is still there. That's great that you found another job - enough time (tho maybe not quite enough) to get some things done around the house - then off to the office again. Will you be travelling back and forth every week again? Who will look after Sunday? Your yellow rose is very pretty. We have an orange floribunda which is very happy on the side yard. I now know what floribunda means and I think I prefer those varieties. In another month it will be time to prep the rose garden for a new year - tho it's not really a "garden".

Ceejay - so sorry to hear of the ex-BIL. It's hard on the family no matter what the circumstances. I hope you can make it to the funeral. I suppose you will have to drive yourself. That's hard too.

Did someone say Holly was cleaning out our refrigerators? You'll have lots of fun with mine Please, pretty, please...

I have been taking some meds left over from my last cold. It has cleared the runny nose but I daresay it's stuffing the sinuses. Bad headache all day long and my eyes are prone to tearing. Seems like half the people have this tho so I guess I'm not alone. 2 more months and we'll all be sneezing like crazy as the spring flowers blossom and everything turns yellow from pollen.

Holly, I have taken a cue from you with the marching in place - arthritis doc said high knee lifts are good for strong legs. Do them over a couple of commercials and it passes the time nicely. Great idea!

Another busy day today. Tho I am comforting others at work who are commiserating their grief. Somehow when you are listening to others and trying to be supportive, it takes your mind off your own troubles. I also found that the ladies in the neighborhood have a book club and are looking for new members. Might be a way to get out and meet some new folks. Of course I would have to commit the time to read a book - I love reading - miss it dearly, just don't have the time it seems. Although I do try to remind myself that I will find the time if I want to - seems I find enough time to sit in front of the computer!

Ok, 5 more minutes of marching and kick boxing, 10 minutes of stretches and a box I pulled out of the closet to go through (and hopefully toss most of the contents). Later gators...
Old 02-07-2006, 11:02 PM   #206  
Choose your hard

I don't seem to have that "you're not logged in" problem when I post from the quick reply box - only the advanced window.

Yep, it just happened again when I went to edit and it dropped me into the advanced window.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:54 AM   #207  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

A QUICK NOTE TO SAY HELLO. DOING THE WASH TODAY. YESTERDAY WAS SHOPPING AND FILLING OUT NEIGHBORS PRESCRIPTION PLANS AND RENT RECERTIFICATION PAPERS. THE GOVT. WANTS ALL THIS PAPERWORK DONE SO THERE ISN'T ANY CHEATING GOING ON AND THEY FORGET THAT THERE ARE SENIOR CITIZENS WHO HAVE OUTLIVED THEIR FAMILY OR HAVE FAMILY THAT DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THEM. SO WHERE IS HELP FOR THEM!! CAN YOU TELL IT WAS A BUSY DAY YESTERDAY! OK OFF TO THE LAUNDRY ROOM AND WILL READ AND CATCH UP LATER. I HAVE 2 LOADS IN THE WASHER ALREADY!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:10 AM   #208  

Helloooooo. I couldn't get on here for several days either. Server issues.
All is well except my weight, sigh.
The woman who was killed in the accident is the Aunt of one of DS's classmates. I didn't know her. Living where we do and everyone has to drive these kinds of deaths are sadly regular. Very Sad.
I was up 3 at TOPS but had just finished my 2nd period in 4 weeks and am blaming that!!!
My van is in the shop getting a new rad.If i have it back today I will weigh in tonight. I am debating just bying a good scale and weighing at home but there is something about someone else seeing that number that makes me want to try harder.

An uplifting evening!!! DH took DD to gym and when he got home I was picked up for a quick meeting with the co and past chairs of Schoool Council. I had some serious concerns and was losing sleep over it but it seems we are on a similar page and I am relieved.
Two weeks ago in the spirit of just having fun I went on the that calssmates.com site and checked out my highschool.
I was surreal to see names and bios of people I haven't even thought of in 23 years.
My highschool love,s name was there so I sent a message. I haven't seen him since i was about 21. We broke up when we were 18. About 5 years ago I heard he was living in India. I knew he got married in the late 80's and had 3 kids. All I said was, "Hi, drop me an line. " And he did. I had forgotten that I had sent the message. He sent a quick reply not sure i would get it. So I sent my email address instead of usinf their their message board.
It was just cool. We were best,best friends, young, in love, it was all glowly and exciting and then we drifted apart.Far apart. LOL!!!
It will be cool to catch up as adults.He is in the states now.
I had another good deep sleep.
I cleaned off 2 shelves in the "office" and the stuff went out with the recycling today!!!
Feeling fresh and ready for the day.
No big plans. Will do my weekly home blessing(dusting,vacuuming,downstairs bathroom).
Still desperately need a haircut.
Food was mucho good yesterday, so was water, did 1 mile WATP(really just marching briskly, pumping arms for 20 min).
Another dusting of snow so I will shovel for 2 hours today for exercise!!

You go Melly!!!!!!
Morning Happy!!!!
Congrats on the job Shad!!!
Whatcha listening to Meadow???
Baby sleeping peacefuly I hope Linus!
HI Miss Mad& Ceejay!!!

HUGS!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2006, 11:13 AM   #209  
Smackin' into a Wall

Morning ladies! How is everyone this fine crisp day?? Or steamy hot. Or raining. Or fill in your particular weather here.

Holly~ Very sad news about the woman killed. You are right it happens too often in places where sidewalks are not the norm. Poor woman. I must say you are having a whirlwind of a day. Go Holly. So nice to reconnect with old friends.
Mel ~ You are so industrious! Would you like to come do my laundry? Wait, that’s what I have TB for! I wonder if there would be a way to make a living just filling out people’s forms for them? I usually end up doing the same sort of thing for my in-laws… not because they are old, just because their English isn’t that great (they think) and it’s just easier for me to ask the questions and do it for them. Enjoy your clean undies!!!
Shad ~ Great news about the new job!! And well paying to boot. We only work to buy plane tickets after all. I hope you’ll still have ‘net access? What would we do without you? Oh, and what a lovely rose. We could use a breath of spring. The downtown building I work in is having a flower show next week. I can hardly wait to drink in the scents.
Happy~ Sorry you are sick. Don’t forget to drink your water. It might help with the “flow”. A book club could be really fun and you WERE looking for something new to do. You could read at lunch. A half hour of solitude and a good story sounds like bliss to me.
CeeJay~ So sorry to hear about ex BIL. It’s always sad when someone goes at such a relatively young age. So shocking and so sad. I hope the children are ok in particular. But don’t stress eat. That won’t help anyone.
Meadow ~ How’s the exercise ball as chair working out? I am tempted to try that. Week looks as if it is going to be another busy one here, too. Love the chicken picture. It makes me laugh.

Did I mention that I went to try on wedding dresses on Sunday? I found one that I liked that was a bit too much money and one that was just what I was looking for but not available in my size. Speaking of sizes, why is it that bridal sizes are two sizes smaller than regular sizes??? It isn’t bad enough that trying on big heavy dresses you have to fitted into by a disapproving European woman isn’t stressful enough without also having to wear a size which is two sizes larger than my normal dress size??? And sometimes even have that be too small?? It was weird too. I found one dress I really liked… raw silk with a embroidered chiffon overdress, in an slight cream, and it was lovely and the friend I was with thought it was perfect – but – well, it just wasn’t me. Back to the drawing board. I have a line on a couple other places to look this weekend. I guess I had to try the traditional dress route to know that isn’t what I want for sure.

And Shad ~ thanks for the reminder. I have 3 months to do something constructive and I am doing it. Down 1 lb so far. It’s not much but it is a start.

Hi Teel, PW and everyone else I misplaced.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:05 PM   #210  

Why I LOVE my marriage....
The gals in journals were worried Hubby would be jealous or upset about the ex beau......
My DH didn't bat an eye when I told him about it. It was a millions life experience years ago. See why i put up with his "man"ness? We are both very confident in our selves and our relationship. I have mentioned before also that we are both 100% oursleves, at all times, no holds barred!!!No matter what.There is a lot of freedom to live and grow with that kind of love and openness and honesty.
So, yes, he doesn't help around the house and can be a stick in the mud etc but he rocks in so many ways. He is a stellar Dad too.

AND he also knows quite clearly I would never leave for another stinkin man . It would be to live alone with a bunch of cats, near a lake ,with a pile of good cd's and books!!! ROFLMAO!!!! he hee hee hee