Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 11:33 AM   #346  

Starting the IP on Tuesday (after halloween ) Very excited after hearing everyone's success stories. I am a Mom of 3
LoveBug 1 -4
LoveBug 2- 2
LoveBug 3 -7 months
I am still breastfeeding does anyone know if this diet is ok while BFing? I would love to drop some weight before Christmas.

Starting Weight 174 lbs
Goal Weight 140

Would love to be at 150 by Christmas time.

Any suggestions on recipes, etc would be greatly appreciated.
Or even what to buy to keep stocked in the pantry/fridge

MEGs
Old 10-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #347  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANmommyof3 View Post
Starting the IP on Tuesday (after halloween ) Very excited after hearing everyone's success stories. I am a Mom of 3
LoveBug 1 -4
LoveBug 2- 2
LoveBug 3 -7 months
I am still breastfeeding does anyone know if this diet is ok while BFing? I would love to drop some weight before Christmas.

Starting Weight 174 lbs
Goal Weight 140

MEGs

hi there and welcome!!

I would think that this diet has a far too low caloric intake to support breast feeding. Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear but the drop in calories will decrease or, if not eliminate your milk supply!
Old 10-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #348  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
LoveBug 1 -4
LoveBug 2- 2
LoveBug 3 -7 months

Starting Weight 174 lbs
Goal Weight 140

MEGs
Welcome Megs, Have you talked to your coach about doing this plan since you are still breastfeeding? our calorie intake is only around 800-900 cals a day and most of our food has soy in it. I don't know if its good to do while breastfeeding, I strongly suggest you talk to your coach first before signing up. But this is ONLY MY input

As far as stuff to keep in the fridge, lots of veggies, divincy syrups, WF products, water and tea!
Old 10-30-2011, 12:44 PM   #349  
it's my time to shine!

happy Sunday to everyone!

I went to a screening of YogaWomen last night at my friend's yoga studio and it was a lot of fun.... everyone munched on popcorn and other appies but I was happy to see celery, cucumber and peppers on a veggie tray so I had some and didn't feel left out so to speak.

my 2nd week weigh in is tomorrow.... I'm nervous and anxious

I hope you are having a good day so far....

Last edited by Mom3LoveBugs; 10-30-2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: sp
Old 10-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #350  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Starting the IP on Tuesday (after halloween

Starting Weight 174 lbs
Goal Weight 140

MEGs
I'm guessing you are planning to do IP using alternative products because the Ideal Program explicitly says no one pregnant or nursing should be in the program. Having said that, though, there's is absolutely nothing to prevent you from cutting some major carbs from your diet, specifically anything made with flour and/or sugar and sticking to the natural sugars in fruits and vegetables -- emphasis on really nutrient-rich vegetables. I lost all the weight I gained when I was pregnant by eating lots of protein, vegetables, and fruits. Nothing canned. All whole foods. And best of luck. Maybe we'll see you in several months?

QOOPS. Missed something. Remember you can't keep eating the same number of calories after you stop nursing. That's when you really should begin.

Last edited by Linden; 10-30-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:00 PM   #351  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Hi everyone, I've found out that travelling is very challenging, but most places can be very accomodating. Had a bit of a struggle yesterday but I kept on track with my food but just ate a little later than I would of like to, but today is a new day!!! Have a beautiful sunday everyone!
Old 10-30-2011, 04:02 PM   #352  
Starting Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique06 View Post
WI# 2 today and lost 5.8lbs for a total of 14.1lbs and 13 inches in 2 weeks!! Feeling amazing!!
Great job and keep up the good work and it does feel amazing doesn't it!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 04:04 PM   #353  
Starting Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by meant2b View Post
First week on IP was great. I had my first WI today and was down 8.5 pounds! I am so thankful I found this program - it's unlike any other! And this forum is amazing! I should say, the PEOPLE in this forum are amazing :-)
Awesome, congratulations!!! Keep it up meant2b!
Old 10-30-2011, 04:07 PM   #354  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkp888 View Post
Hi everyone, I've found out that travelling is very challenging, but most places can be very accomodating. Had a bit of a struggle yesterday but I kept on track with my food but just ate a little later than I would of like to, but today is a new day!!! Have a beautiful sunday everyone!
We will always have challenges that we will have to face, all we can do is the best we can. Life doesn't give us a break sometimes
Old 10-30-2011, 04:07 PM   #355  
Starting Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldiej View Post
I also just to started IP - I am just starting my 2nd week on it - first week I lost 8.4lbs so I guess this diet works -- struggling with the IP foods and finding new ways to cookie the veggies but working on it.
Woohoo, great job!! This diet does work and I to struggle I bit, but I have found a lot of great recipes on this site to try and everyone on here is so helpful as well. Keep up the great work goldiej!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #356  
Started IP 10/24/11

S/C/G: 222/173/150

Hello all. I started IP last Monday, so I have my first weigh-in tomorrow morning. I am doing the program remotely because there isn't a clinic within 180 miles of where I live. I think this presents some unique challenges, not the least of which is paying shipping for all of my products. I will do my own weigh-in and measurements and then e-mail those along with my food journal to my coach who will call me later in the day. I've been on the scale once, so I know I am making progress. I am enjoying this website, specifically recipes, advice on eating out, and advice on travel.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:00 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 195/183/140

Hi everybody, hope you had a good weekend! I went to the aquarium today with my husband and 9 month old. We went to Red Robins for dinner after and although I lusted after my hubbys onion rings I was good and had a simply grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce for a bun and steamed broccoli on the side. A while ago I would have been a little embarrased to ask for modifications but the server didnt blink and eye and I felt very satisfied and healthy after. keep up the good work everybody
Old 10-30-2011, 11:14 PM   #358  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoxiesRock View Post
Hello all. I started IP last Monday, so I have my first weigh-in tomorrow morning. I am doing the program remotely because there isn't a clinic within 180 miles of where I live. I think this presents some unique challenges, not the least of which is paying shipping for all of my products. I will do my own weigh-in and measurements and then e-mail those along with my food journal to my coach who will call me later in the day. I've been on the scale once, so I know I am making progress. I am enjoying this website, specifically recipes, advice on eating out, and advice on travel.
hello and welcome!!

I am in a similar predicament.... there is no clinic where I live so I opted to use alternatives from the get go. Good luck to you on your weigh in tomorrow! Tomorrow is also my weigh in day.... 2 weeks has gone by fast!
Old 10-30-2011, 11:14 PM   #359  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancho View Post
Hi everybody, hope you had a good weekend! I went to the aquarium today with my husband and 9 month old. We went to Red Robins for dinner after and although I lusted after my hubbys onion rings I was good and had a simply grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce for a bun and steamed broccoli on the side. A while ago I would have been a little embarrased to ask for modifications but the server didnt blink and eye and I felt very satisfied and healthy after. keep up the good work everybody

WAY TO GO!!! You should be proud of yourself...
Old 10-31-2011, 12:30 AM   #360  

Height: 5'7"

Here's a shout out to everyone offering support and encouragement! It is so nice to have a community to turn to when venturing into new territory. Thanks everyone .

My day 4 went splendidly! I'm feeling heaps better than day 2 and I got to have the RTD Vanilla today....yummy. I think next time I might try one w/a Starbucks VIA and make an iced coffee.

Okay, day 5 here I come....
Closed Thread