Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #241  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

good morning newbies and happy Saturday!

We woke up to snow which looks pretty but when it melts, it will make a big, wet mess. My kids were happy to see it none the less cause that means Christmas is coming!

Today is day 6 for me and I am having a hard time sleeping at night. It takes forever for me to get to sleep and what sleep I do get, is very restless and I wake up often. Anyone else noticed something like this?

I had a shrimp stir fry last night for dinner and it was awesome... I had to force myself to finish it all.... 7 ozs of shrimp is a lot mixed with veggies!

How are you today??
Old 10-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #242  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I was having the same issues with sleeping so I bought some Melatonin and take 9 mg and sleep like a baby
Old 10-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #243  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 164/127/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone,

A few things that are really helping me so far:

1. Have your water a room temp. I have no problem drinking all of the water, but it can't be ice cold. Soo much harder to get down.
2. I cut up veggies for my lunch the next day each night as I'm prepping dinner. I put them in a pint tupperware container so they're ready to throw over lettuce for lunch the next day. I haven't had any problem getting in the 4 cups of veggies.
3. DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT EVERY NIGHT FOR DINNER. We've done chicken, fish, shrimp, flank steak, turkey burgers.... changing it up keeps it from being boring! My favorite so far was our shrimp "taco" last night- wrapped in cabbage leaves instead of tortillas. We made a cabbage slaw on the side with a dressing of lime juice, fish sauce (0/0/0) and a dash of soy. It was DELICIOUS.
4. BE PREPARED. I just think about my day and my week and the challenges coming up. For example, today I am going out shopping with a girlfriend. I know she'll want to have lunch out, so I am bringing a bar with me and will tell her that I've got a snack and am not hungry for lunch. Also, yesterday we went on a bike ride, and I just mixed up a juice packet for lunch and brought it in my water bottle. Think ahead and you'll be fine.
5. Curb your cravings with the packets if the other tricks (water, tea...) dont work. If you're craving chocolate, have a chocolate drink rather than a chocolate chip cookie. Even if its your fourth or fifth packet of the day, it's better to have that than cheat, and your craving will be gone.
6. Spread your drink packets out with ice. I love blending them into smoothies with my immersion blender. It works for the pudding packs too, and they turn into milk shakes. Yum!

Good luck and hope everyone has an OP weekend

Allison
Old 10-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #244  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
good morning newbies and happy Saturday!

We woke up to snow which looks pretty but when it melts, it will make a big, wet mess. My kids were happy to see it none the less cause that means Christmas is coming!

Today is day 6 for me and I am having a hard time sleeping at night. It takes forever for me to get to sleep and what sleep I do get, is very restless and I wake up often. Anyone else noticed something like this?

I had a shrimp stir fry last night for dinner and it was awesome... I had to force myself to finish it all.... 7 ozs of shrimp is a lot mixed with veggies!

How are you today??
Are you taking the cal/mag before you go to bed? It really makes me sleepy.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:04 PM   #245  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
I was having the same issues with sleeping so I bought some Melatonin and take 9 mg and sleep like a baby
I will have to consider this if it doesn't change.... I hate not getting a good sleep! thanks Wuv!

Quote:
Hi everyone,

A few things that are really helping me so far:

1. Have your water a room temp. I have no problem drinking all of the water, but it can't be ice cold. Soo much harder to get down.
2. I cut up veggies for my lunch the next day each night as I'm prepping dinner. I put them in a pint tupperware container so they're ready to throw over lettuce for lunch the next day. I haven't had any problem getting in the 4 cups of veggies.
3. DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT EVERY NIGHT FOR DINNER. We've done chicken, fish, shrimp, flank steak, turkey burgers.... changing it up keeps it from being boring! My favorite so far was our shrimp "taco" last night- wrapped in cabbage leaves instead of tortillas. We made a cabbage slaw on the side with a dressing of lime juice, fish sauce (0/0/0) and a dash of soy. It was DELICIOUS.
4. BE PREPARED. I just think about my day and my week and the challenges coming up. For example, today I am going out shopping with a girlfriend. I know she'll want to have lunch out, so I am bringing a bar with me and will tell her that I've got a snack and am not hungry for lunch. Also, yesterday we went on a bike ride, and I just mixed up a juice packet for lunch and brought it in my water bottle. Think ahead and you'll be fine.
5. Curb your cravings with the packets if the other tricks (water, tea...) dont work. If you're craving chocolate, have a chocolate drink rather than a chocolate chip cookie. Even if its your fourth or fifth packet of the day, it's better to have that than cheat, and your craving will be gone.
6. Spread your drink packets out with ice. I love blending them into smoothies with my immersion blender. It works for the pudding packs too, and they turn into milk shakes. Yum!

Good luck and hope everyone has an OP weekend

Allison

thank you for all of the great advice Allison!

Quote:
Are you taking the cal/mag before you go to bed? It really makes me sleepy.

yes, I am.... doesn't seem to be making me sleepy though.... OY. thanks though!
Old 10-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #246  
Started IP Oct 11, 2011

S/C/G: 260/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Second weight in tomorrow after only 5 days, anxious to see how this goes. Definitely had a hard week because work was INSANE but can't use excuses anymore... gotta just do it!! Off to a Halloween party tonight so I'm gonna bring my own snacks and a skinless chicken breast to throw on the grill and lots of water. This will be my first big party on IP so here goes nothing!
Old 10-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #247  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmon1118 View Post
Second weight in tomorrow after only 5 days, anxious to see how this goes. Definitely had a hard week because work was INSANE but can't use excuses anymore... gotta just do it!! Off to a Halloween party tonight so I'm gonna bring my own snacks and a skinless chicken breast to throw on the grill and lots of water. This will be my first big party on IP so here goes nothing!

good luck tonight... you are prepared so you will do great!

I was supposed to go to a dinner party this evening but I am cancelling... I have a sore throat and a bit of a cough (as do my kids) so I am using that as an excuse not to go. I am kind of a hermit anyways! lol

keep us posted on how your weigh in goes tomorrow!
Old 10-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 182/155/135

Height: 5'5.5"

Happy Saturday! I have almost completed 5 weeks. Dont find it very difficult but last night i made the mistake of buying a new dress (medium). Tried it on,....dont know why as I knew it would be tight....and it was!!! Should not have done that as it kinda depressed me for an hour or so. It is soooo strange. When I am eating carefree I am able to convince myself that I am thinner than I think....but as soon as I start dieting it is as though I see this blob in the mirror and I never feel thin. Its amazing what your mind can convince you of.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 256/250/130

Height: 5'6"

Default WI #1 5.6# gone! Newbie with questions

Today is day 4 for me and I had my first WI today since I will be weighing in on Saturdays. Very pleased with losing 5.6#. I have a couple questions. My IP consultant told me the following:

1. Can't eat cooked/sauteed onions b/c they release sugars when cooked.
2. Can't have sugar free gum.

Are these rules that everyone follows and that I just have to come to grips with? I rarely chew gum but had just bought a pack. I really like onions when cooking meat or vegetables. I gave up diet coke last Sunday and am doing great on the diet so far. More restrictions like this frustrate me.

Thanks for your support and replies.

Hope
Old 10-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #250  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 164/127/135

Height: 5'3"

Hope-

I'm not sure about the gum, but yes the onion rule applies to me. I have taken to cooking leeks in place of onions, and that's totally "legal."

Good luck!
Old 10-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 228/ 228/ 145

Height: 5'2''

I'm new! I'll join the party
Old 10-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #252  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesterh View Post
Today is day 4 for me and I had my first WI today since I will be weighing in on Saturdays. Very pleased with losing 5.6#. I have a couple questions. My IP consultant told me the following:

Are these rules that everyone follows and that I just have to come to grips with? I rarely chew gum but had just bought a pack. I really like onions when cooking meat or vegetables. I gave up diet coke last Sunday and am doing great on the diet so far. More restrictions like this frustrate me.

Hope

unfortunately yes, onion cannot be cooked.

as for the gum, I asked the same question a week ago and it seems that some coaches permit sugar free gum and some do not. I cannot stand having foul breath (in public!) so I have a half a piece when I go out.

congrats on giving up the diet coke... that is great!
Old 10-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #253  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraWrites03 View Post
I'm new! I'll join the party

hi there Sara from another Sara!

welcome to the forum.... when did you start IP and congrats on doing so! today is my 6th day.... getting into a groove now and feeling great!
Old 10-22-2011, 09:29 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 157.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesterh View Post

Hope
My coach said I could have ONE piece of sugar free gum a day. Most days I have none, but other days I have 2. Hasn't caused me a problem...She did say we could use the listerine strips to freshen the mouth. I use them quite a bit.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I am officially following the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Program!

My coach is a nurse, she has been on the program herself. One of the Dr.'s in the clinic has also been on the program. I was counting down the days until I could start. I'm on day 2 and so far, everything is going pretty smooth. I was told that I would feel horrible for the first 2-5 days. So, I think I was preparing myself for the worst. Honestly, I don't feel any different... just a little lighter already!

I weighed in at 287 and my goal is to lose 100+ pounds. Not sure really, I've never weighed less than 210.

So happy to be starting this journey with all of you!
Closed Thread