Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #256  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesterh View Post
Today is day 4 for me and I had my first WI today since I will be weighing in on Saturdays. Very pleased with losing 5.6#. I have a couple questions. My IP consultant told me the following:

1. Can't eat cooked/sauteed onions b/c they release sugars when cooked.
2. Can't have sugar free gum.

Are these rules that everyone follows and that I just have to come to grips with? I rarely chew gum but had just bought a pack. I really like onions when cooking meat or vegetables. I gave up diet coke last Sunday and am doing great on the diet so far. More restrictions like this frustrate me.

Thanks for your support and replies.

Hope
The onions goes for all of us but the gum varies for each coach. Mine said as long as its sugarfree we could have it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraWrites03 View Post
I'm new! I'll join the party
Welcome to the party

Quote:
Originally Posted by meant2b View Post
I am officially following the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Program!

My coach is a nurse, she has been on the program herself. One of the Dr.'s in the clinic has also been on the program. I was counting down the days until I could start. I'm on day 2 and so far, everything is going pretty smooth. I was told that I would feel horrible for the first 2-5 days. So, I think I was preparing myself for the worst. Honestly, I don't feel any different... just a little lighter already!

I weighed in at 287 and my goal is to lose 100+ pounds. Not sure really, I've never weighed less than 210.

So happy to be starting this journey with all of you!
That 100lbs will be gone in know time, you will see yourself melt away. I have 92lbs gone in 26 weeks!!
Old 10-22-2011, 10:44 PM   #257  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmon1118 View Post
Second weight in tomorrow after only 5 days, anxious to see how this goes. Definitely had a hard week because work was INSANE but can't use excuses anymore... gotta just do it!! Off to a Halloween party tonight so I'm gonna bring my own snacks and a skinless chicken breast to throw on the grill and lots of water. This will be my first big party on IP so here goes nothing!
Good luck with your WI and I hope the party was a success. We are invited to a Halloween party next Saturday. I already told the hostest that I need to bring my own food. She totally understood of course.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #258  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

good morning newbies and HAPPY SUNDAY!!

I love Sunday's.... my husband makes a big breakfast for the family (not me now!) and we have no activities at all which makes for a nice, relaxing day at home together.

I had a spinach and mushroom omlette with 1 oz of shaved deli ham... it was goooooood.

My official one week down weigh in is tomorrow morning.... I have been weighing myself daily but after tomorrow, that is going to stop.

How are you doing today? I hope you have a great on plan day!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:16 PM   #259  
Started IP Oct 11, 2011

S/C/G: 260/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
good morning newbies and HAPPY SUNDAY!!

I love Sunday's.... my husband makes a big breakfast for the family (not me now!) and we have no activities at all which makes for a nice, relaxing day at home together.

I had a spinach and mushroom omlette with 1 oz of shaved deli ham... it was goooooood.

My official one week down weigh in is tomorrow morning.... I have been weighing myself daily but after tomorrow, that is going to stop.

How are you doing today? I hope you have a great on plan day!

That omlet sounds soo good!! I just had my second weigh in and I lost 3 lbs this weekn and 6inches all over in two weeks! So siked to see that all my hard work is paying off!!!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #260  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmon1118 View Post
That omlet sounds soo good!! I just had my second weigh in and I lost 3 lbs this weekn and 6inches all over in two weeks! So siked to see that all my hard work is paying off!!!

woooohoooooooo!!! that is fantastic!!!

I NEED to measure myself still...
Old 10-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #261  
Started IP Oct 11, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Good luck with your WI and I hope the party was a success. We are invited to a Halloween party next Saturday. I already told the hostest that I need to bring my own food. She totally understood of course.
Dana the party was tough for me but I had BBQ Ridges and water with me and I even had some Dill Pickle Zippers too because I thought I would rather cheat with my food than have cupcakes or dip and other not IP approved food. I'm going with only unrestricted food this week to help get rid of the extra carbs from the party but I'm proud of myself!
Old 10-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 294

Height: 5"7

I'm on day one starting tomorrow.

Last edited by KittyCatzz; 10-23-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCatzz View Post
I'm on day one starting tomorrow.
hi KittyCatzz, I go tomorrow for my initial weigh and measure and to purchase all my packets for the first week of actual dieting. I have found lots of great information here and really look forward to hear what everyone is experiencing. After reading concerns about hair loss I am getting started now on a hair/skin supplement and also some collagen to help with all the skin I know will be hanging in a matter of time. Be sure to check out the links for the recipes, I can't wait to try the Big Mac in a bowl...talk about a way to take care of the junk food craving! Anyway, good luck to you and all of us on the plan.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #264  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesterh View Post
Today is day 4 for me and I had my first WI today since I will be weighing in on Saturdays. Very pleased with losing 5.6#. I have a couple questions. My IP consultant told me the following:

1. Can't eat cooked/sauteed onions b/c they release sugars when cooked.
2. Can't have sugar free gum.

Are these rules that everyone follows and that I just have to come to grips with? I rarely chew gum but had just bought a pack. I really like onions when cooking meat or vegetables. I gave up diet coke last Sunday and am doing great on the diet so far. More restrictions like this frustrate me.

Thanks for your support and replies.

Hope

1. As others have said, that is correct that you can't have cooked onions. They start to caramelize when cooked. That is just too much sugar and carbs.

2. I was told no sugar free gum because most contain aspertame. Your body can react the same way to aspertame as it does real sugar so that is why I was told to stay away from it. I did read on another board that Dentene Fire does not contain aspertame. I picked up some this weekend. It contains sorbitol which is ok on the plan. The gum is yummy - reminds me of Big Red! The strong flavor helps curb cravings.

Great job on the weight loss. Good luck with the program! You'll love the results.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #265  
it's my time to shine!

good morning everyone!

this morning was my first week weigh in.... I am 176.0 lbs = 8.8 lbs lost!!

I am using strictly alternative products so I am happy to see that it is working!!

How are you today?
Old 10-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #266  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

Congrats Mom3LoveBugs. That is great.
I had my first WI Friday. I am down 3 lbs. I am happy with that. I am feeling pretty good. Minor headaches at times. Some energy increase. Overall, I am feeling great. Much better than I did eating junk food every day.

Welcome all newbies!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #267  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeymom View Post
Congrats Mom3LoveBugs. That is great.
I had my first WI Friday. I am down 3 lbs. I am happy with that. I am feeling pretty good. Minor headaches at times. Some energy increase. Overall, I am feeling great. Much better than I did eating junk food every day.

Welcome all newbies!

thank you and CONGRATS to you as well on your successful first week!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:44 AM   #268  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
good morning everyone!

this morning was my first week weigh in.... I am 176.0 lbs = 8.8 lbs lost!!

I am using strictly alternative products so I am happy to see that it is working!!

How are you today?
Slammed today, but couldn't let this go by without saying something.
Congrats on your first week. Keep up the great work!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #269  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Slammed today, but couldn't let this go by without saying something.
Congrats on your first week. Keep up the great work!

awwww.... thanks so much Wayward! I hope your day gets better!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #270  
Started IP Oct 11, 2011

Good afternoon all!! Hope everyone had a great successful weekend!! Remember take it meal by meal... on my third week and excited to see how I do!!

Don't forget your water!
Closed Thread