Old 11-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #391  
Restart March 2013

S/C/G: 209.7/205.4/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
Happy hump day!

how are you all doing today?
Great!!!I noticed in some other threads that u are strictly using alternative products...what are you using and r u finding that they are working for you?
Old 11-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #392  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Poles1Girl View Post
Well, according to the scale (but it's not the official Dr. scale from my initial analysis), I'm down 5ish lbs. Probably a better indicator is how my jeans feel, which are marginally better....not great, but better. I think I'm going to have to use the feel of my clothes as my guide, because my WIs are few and far between and when I do WI, it'll be around TOM, so.... Hopefully I can keep the mindset of it's more about progress rather than the defining number on a certain day. Do right and I'll get right. Off to get more water.
YOU are the FIRST person that has said I am going by the way my clothes fit instead of focusing on that NUMBER!!....You my dear have your head in it, Congrats!!!

I am not saying the rest of us don't have our heads in it trust me!!....but most focus on that number and then stress when they don't get it. That is all I am saying!!....WE are ALL doing FANTASTIC with the program, some lose slow and some lose fast the main thing is WE ARE LOSING!!!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #393  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
YOU are the FIRST person that has said I am going by the way my clothes fit instead of focusing on that NUMBER!!....You my dear have your head in it, Congrats!!!
Thanks WUV, but I must admit that if I was home, I'd likely be more concerned with the scale and the number. It's circumstances that are forcing me to approach it differently. That said.... According to my Dr., her goal for me is an 88.2 lb loss and a drop in my viseral fat %. According me me, sure I care about my health. I also want to feel good tying my shoes, hiking on an old familar trail that I once did with relative ease, wearing those old Eddie Bauer, torn and faded jeans again. I fly every two weeks for work...I want to feel more comfortable in the plane seat and as it stands, that seatbelt doesn't have much more stretch to it. So for me, it's about comfort and looks and being able to move through the world with ease. I'm tired of lugging it around. And like it or not, the world treats heavy folks differently. I want the same opportunities for myself as others are afforded.

It IS about one day at a time. And when I dislike the flavor of a new packet, I think, it's only one meal. That's the thinking today....I know there will be days ahead when I'll need y'all to pull me from the trees
Old 11-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #394  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsmartin View Post
Great!!!I noticed in some other threads that u are strictly using alternative products...what are you using and r u finding that they are working for you?

hi!

yes, I am using strictly alternative products. the ones I am using are called ProtiDiet.

I use two packages a day (I use 2 egg whites + 1 egg in the morning to replace a package) so it costs me about $30 per week.

I am into my third week and will weigh in on Monday. In 2 weeks I was down 11.8 lbs so it is working!

hope this helps!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #395  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Have a great weekend everyone!! Don't forget to change your clocks, remember to fall back
Old 11-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #396  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkp888 View Post
Have a great weekend everyone!! Don't forget to change your clocks, remember to fall back

thanks for the reminder! have a great weekend yourself...
Old 11-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #397  
Starting WB 2/11/13

S/C/G: 266.2/201.8/160

Hi Everyone,

I am on week 3 of the Ideal Protein diet. I have gotten myself in to a pretty good routine except on weekends while at home I find it harder. I usually get to sleep in on the weekends which I enjoy but then it screws up my days. I do get the required amount of stuff in just at complete random times I think only because I am not hungry at all so it's hard.
I had a question for you all though... Do any of you have back pain and trouble sleeping? I tend to get pain in my sides and my lower back. I do have a sore lower back from a car accident 4 years ago but it normally doesn't bother me. My coach recommended having another potassium/cal a day at night to maybe help relax me but I am not sure it is working. It's starting to really bother me and I am not sure what else to do....
Old 11-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #398  
Restart March 2013

Quote:
hi!

yes, I am using strictly alternative products. the ones I am using are called ProtiDiet.

I use two packages a day (I use 2 egg whites + 1 egg in the morning to replace a package) so it costs me about $30 per week.

I am into my third week and will weigh in on Monday. In 2 weeks I was down 11.8 lbs so it is working!

hope this helps!
Thanks for the info, I have been thinking about switching to the protidiet stuff, I did order a few things(they haven't arrived yet). Which protidiet products do u use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkp888 View Post
Thanks for the reminder, I hate time change...it really messes my kids up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayk86 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am on week 3 of the Ideal Protein diet. I have gotten myself in to a pretty good routine except on weekends while at home I find it harder. I usually get to sleep in on the weekends which I enjoy but then it screws up my days. I do get the required amount of stuff in just at complete random times I think only because I am not hungry at all so it's hard.
I had a question for you all though... Do any of you have back pain and trouble sleeping? I tend to get pain in my sides and my lower back. I do have a sore lower back from a car accident 4 years ago but it normally doesn't bother me. My coach recommended having another potassium/cal a day at night to maybe help relax me but I am not sure it is working. It's starting to really bother me and I am not sure what else to do....
Try having a nice warm bath with some Epsom salts before bed, or warm up your last IP before bed, I usually have my chocolate drink mix and decaf coffee. I makes me feel warm and relaxes me...
Old 11-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #399  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I have been thinking about switching to the protidiet stuff, I did order a few things(they haven't arrived yet). Which protidiet products do u use?
I have tried:

Tomato Basil soup - didn't care for it
Chicken soup - good
Vegetable Beef soup - good
Blueberry Pancakes - good
Maple Oatmeal - so/so (was better with some cinnamon in it)
Chocolate Pudding - good
Butterscotch Pudding - okay (I prefer chocolate though)
Hot Cocoa - good

Old 11-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #400  
Restart March 2013

Quote:
I have tried:

Tomato Basil soup - didn't care for it
Chicken soup - good
Vegetable Beef soup - good
Blueberry Pancakes - good
Maple Oatmeal - so/so (was better with some cinnamon in it)
Chocolate Pudding - good
Butterscotch Pudding - okay (I prefer chocolate though)
Hot Cocoa - good

Thank you so much
Old 11-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #401  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsmartin View Post
Thank you so much

you're welcome!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #402  
it's my time to shine!

Good Morning everyone!

I had my 3rd week weigh in this morning and I am down another 3 lbs so I am happy about that! It was even my TOM so I am hoping next week I will have an even better number. About that, my TOM came nearly 2 weeks early??? I am on BC pills so it always comes at the. same. time. Anyone else have this happen??
Old 11-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #403  

Height: 5'7"

Oye about TOM! I read a thread where it discusses such issues so I was a bit prepared for it something, but sheeshl... I'm not taking the pill, taking nothing but I've been pretty consistent with my cycle. That said, I'm 48 am expecting some minor variances to take place anyway. Well, I've been on IP for 11 days and I was a full week early with TOM. I don't think I can chalk up this major change to peri-menopause. So yes, hormonal oddities when on IP.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #404  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Poles1Girl View Post
Oye about TOM! I read a thread where it discusses such issues so I was a bit prepared for it something, but sheeshl... I'm not taking the pill, taking nothing but I've been pretty consistent with my cycle. That said, I'm 48 am expecting some minor variances to take place anyway. Well, I've been on IP for 11 days and I was a full week early with TOM. I don't think I can chalk up this major change to peri-menopause. So yes, hormonal oddities when on IP.

thank you for your response.... very weird for sure!
Old 11-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #405  
it's my time to shine!

where are all of the newbies???

COME OUT and share how you are doing!!
Closed Thread