Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

Height: 5' 7''

Default I'm New here too!

I just started the IP plan on the first of November. It's been two weeks today. I am def. getting use to the food and the little amount I can eat. I am really excited I found this thread b/c it is SO much easier when you have others who can relate to you!
Old 11-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #482  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerchild6 View Post
I just started the IP plan on the first of November. It's been two weeks today. I am def. getting use to the food and the little amount I can eat. I am really excited I found this thread b/c it is SO much easier when you have others who can relate to you!
Welcome!!....this will become part of your daily routine quick....lol...lots of information, recipes and support. Really glad you are enjoying the food
Old 11-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #483  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Another thing that I've used ever since Wuv posted it 15.5 weeks ago (when I started) is to cut your veggies small. I chop by cauliflower, zucchini etc small now and it sure does give me more. And remember that something you may not have like the first couple weeks you started IP you may like down the road.

I hated all the soups when I had them my first week but now I have them everyday. Good luck!!
Old 11-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #484  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Welcome Flowerchild. I'm sure you will find this site to be very informative and helpful. You will find some great recipes and even better support!
Old 11-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #485  

S/C/G: 204/166.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi everyone. This is my very first IP post. I've been looking at this site for ideas and am so excited by all I find here. You all are a wealth of knowledge and so inspirational.

This is my second week on the plan. Last week was my first week and I had to travel for business. What a challenge trying to learn what I was doing and eating out. But I must have done ok, as I lost 6 pounds that first week. Now I'm worried that it was just a fluk.

I do have a couple of questions as I navigate through the plan and get comfortable with meal planning. Some of the products, in particular, the drinks that are fruity and the cereal, really affect my hunger. I've noticed that before this plan as well. Anything especially sweet with artificial sweeteners would increase my hunger, i.e., diet coke. So giving up my diet coke addiction has been good (only 1 a day so maybe I wasn't a full blown addict).

But have any of you had the same issue? The simple solution is just eat the omelette or the pancakes everyday and skip the cereal or oatmeal, but I was curious if I was the only one.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:21 PM   #486  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylynn View Post
I do have a couple of questions as I navigate through the plan and get comfortable with meal planning. Some of the products, in particular, the drinks that are fruity and the cereal, really affect my hunger. I've noticed that before this plan as well. Anything especially sweet with artificial sweeteners would increase my hunger, i.e., diet coke. So giving up my diet coke addiction has been good (only 1 a day so maybe I wasn't a full blown addict).

But have any of you had the same issue? The simple solution is just eat the omelette or the pancakes everyday and skip the cereal or oatmeal, but I was curious if I was the only one. And I think you loss was not a fluke.

Thanks in advance.
YES, the sweetness, to me, was cloying and unsatisfying. I stuck with the omelets and puddings, the latter diluted with 16 ounces of water for a still creamy drink AND filling plus one restricted a week -- chilli.

Last edited by Linden; 11-15-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #487  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi! Phew...I'm so glad to have found this site!!! I started IP on 11/11/11...I had to make my second visit today to return some of my packets that were given to me with my signing up...I was allergic to a few items. I was weighted in and lost 6.4...so I'm happy with that!!! Again, I'm very excited to be here! I just ate dinner and am so stinking full!!! Can't wait to have my cappuccino drink or caramel chocolate bar for my snack tonight!!! Again. So glad I found this site!!! XXXOOO Maggie
Old 11-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #488  

S/C/G: 214/205/190

Height: 5'10

Welcome to the forums, OP means On Program.
As in no cheats, no wavering etc.
If you do the program I see no reason you couldn't be at 190 by New Years.

-------------------

Ahh I got you...But truth be told, I don't plan on not cheating...I mean I don't wanna sacrifice my social life...I often have drinks with friends on weekends..So staying OP is not really an option...What good is being thin and beautiful if there is no-one left to see. So I don't really expect the incredible results that most have experienced. I would be happy with 1-2 lbs loss a week even if I don't reach my goal by Newyears. I actually plan on keep eating the IP soups for lunch long after Im off their program. Thanks for the support. I hope my honestly didn't offend you.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #489  

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Hi! Phew...I'm so glad to have found this site!!! I started IP on 11/11/11...I had to make my second visit today to return some of my packets that were given to me with my signing up...I was allergic to a few items. I was weighted in and lost 6.4...so I'm happy with that!!! Again, I'm very excited to be here! I just ate dinner and am so stinking full!!! Can't wait to have my cappuccino drink or caramel chocolate bar for my snack tonight!!! Again. So glad I found this site!!! XXXOOO Maggie
I would suggest eating your bars for breakfast or lunch, they have the most carbs and take longer to burn off
Old 11-15-2011, 11:21 PM   #490  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmission2perfection View Post
Welcome to the forums, OP means On Program.
As in no cheats, no wavering etc.
If you do the program I see no reason you couldn't be at 190 by New Years.

-------------------

Ahh I got you...But truth be told, I don't plan on not cheating...I mean I don't wanna sacrifice my social life...I often have drinks with friends on weekends..So staying OP is not really an option...What good is being thin and beautiful if there is no-one left to see. So I don't really expect the incredible results that most have experienced. I would be happy with 1-2 lbs loss a week even if I don't reach my goal by Newyears. I actually plan on keep eating the IP soups for lunch long after Im off their program. Thanks for the support. I hope my honestly didn't offend you.
No Alcohol While on Ideal Protein:

Why??

It is important to know that you are not supposed to be having ANY alcohol while you are on the Ideal Protein protocol, this includes Vodka or any other type of alcohol that has little to no carbs.

While you are in ketosis (fat burning mode), your body uses the ketones which are the by products of loosing fat and burns them as energy. This is why you have more energy when you are in ketosis, even though you are consuming very little calories per day. This very important process takes place in your liver.

When you drink alcohol (of any kind) your liver will stop processing ketones and start processing the alcohol, which is a toxin to your body and the liver will try to eliminate it immediately. This will also stop your fat burning process!

Even though you may not kick yourself out of ketosis, you will stop loosing weight for 2 to 3 days after you have consumed that alcoholic drink.

The other important fact to know is that alcohol contains empty calories. Meaning your body can not use it for energy. Which means you are putting toxins in your body which can't be used as energy and will tax your liver all at the same time.

Think again before you have a vodka and soda drink, beer or wine while in Phases 1-3, is this ONE drink worth the risk and set back towards meeting your health goals?

Another reason to not use alcohol, the alcohol initial causes the body to drop its blood sugar which creates a rebound insulin increase in the presence of the low blood glucose which, leads to cravings for fast sugars. Given we are already in an induced state of lower blood glucose this effect can be very pronounced and often leads to cheats which ALSO cause us to fall out of ketosis for a period of time. (from Carla)
Old 11-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #491  

Yeah. It's really dangerous to cheat...if you're going to cheat with anything you might as well quite the program 'cause it's not right for you. You can lose 1-2 weeks on most other plans...including weight watchers. I was told heart attacks can occur with cheating because of all the problems it causes to your organs...
Old 11-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #492  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I would suggest eating your bars for breakfast or lunch, they have the most carbs and take longer to burn off
Thanks for the reminder...I did think of that after eating it!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #493  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
No Alcohol While on Ideal Protein:

Why??

It is important to know that you are not supposed to be having ANY alcohol while you are on the Ideal Protein protocol, this includes Vodka or any other type of alcohol that has little to no carbs.

While you are in ketosis (fat burning mode), your body uses the ketones which are the by products of loosing fat and burns them as energy. This is why you have more energy when you are in ketosis, even though you are consuming very little calories per day. This very important process takes place in your liver.

When you drink alcohol (of any kind) your liver will stop processing ketones and start processing the alcohol, which is a toxin to your body and the liver will try to eliminate it immediately. This will also stop your fat burning process!

Even though you may not kick yourself out of ketosis, you will stop loosing weight for 2 to 3 days after you have consumed that alcoholic drink.

The other important fact to know is that alcohol contains empty calories. Meaning your body can not use it for energy. Which means you are putting toxins in your body which can't be used as energy and will tax your liver all at the same time.

Think again before you have a vodka and soda drink, beer or wine while in Phases 1-3, is this ONE drink worth the risk and set back towards meeting your health goals?

Another reason to not use alcohol, the alcohol initial causes the body to drop its blood sugar which creates a rebound insulin increase in the presence of the low blood glucose which, leads to cravings for fast sugars. Given we are already in an induced state of lower blood glucose this effect can be very pronounced and often leads to cheats which ALSO cause us to fall out of ketosis for a period of time. (from Carla)
Yeah. It's really dangerous to cheat...if you're going to cheat with anything you might as well quite the program 'cause it's not right for you. You can lose 1-2 weeks on most other plans...including weight watchers. I was told heart attacks can occur with cheating because of all the problems it causes to your organs...
Old 11-16-2011, 12:29 PM   #494  

S/C/G: 204/166.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
YES, the sweetness, to me, was cloying and unsatisfying. I stuck with the omelets and puddings, the latter diluted with 16 ounces of water for a still creamy drink AND filling plus one restricted a week -- chilli.
Thanks for the confirmation. But I'm curious about the one restricted per week. So you had just one chili and week and no other restricted foods? Is that something you found out on your own or were you counseled to stay to one R food a week. Since I'm new and trying to figure this all out, I'm wondering if you found that made you lose faster. Have people found that having R foods multiple times a week slowed down their loses?

I already kind of messed up as I didn't plan my meals well when I bought this week's food. I bought two chilis, one spaghetti, two pancakes, two oatmeals, and two bars (plus other things). That's 9 restricted items when I can only have 7, and that's IF I have one a day. So next time I'll have to think that through a bit.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #495  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylynn View Post
Thanks for the confirmation. But I'm curious about the one restricted per week. So you had just one chili and week and no other restricted foods? Is that something you found out on your own or were you counseled to stay to one R food a week. Since I'm new and trying to figure this all out, I'm wondering if you found that made you lose faster. Have people found that having R foods multiple times a week slowed down their loses?

I already kind of messed up as I didn't plan my meals well when I bought this week's food. I bought two chilis, one spaghetti, two pancakes, two oatmeals, and two bars (plus other things). That's 9 restricted items when I can only have 7, and that's IF I have one a day. So next time I'll have to think that through a bit.
I have had ONE restricted DAILY ever since I have started the program 30 weeks ago, I went one week without restricted and there was no difference in my weight loss. Spaghetti is only allowed 2x a week.
Closed Thread