Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 11:04 PM   #466  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
oh no! sad to hear that someone else had to endure that lovely TOM for that long. I am usually a 4-5 day girl so 16 days was un-frickin' heard of for me!
Yeah, I'm a 5-6 dayer, but I'm also almost 49 and strange things are happening, so... I read in a couple other threads that it's to be expected on IP. Considering my fat cells are shrinking and there's all those toxins and estrogen coursing thru my body, I guess it is what it is. Still, no fun!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:06 PM   #467  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Poles1Girl View Post
Yeah, I'm a 5-6 dayer, but I'm also almost 49 and strange things are happening, so... I read in a couple other threads that it's to be expected on IP. Considering my fat cells are shrinking and there's all those toxins and estrogen coursing thru my body, I guess it is what it is. Still, no fun!

lol.... yeah, I read that too... still doesn't make it any more tolerable! my husband isn't liking me so much after 2 weeks of miserable-ness!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:06 PM   #468  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodr305 View Post
I visited my cardiologist today, fearful that I may be having a problem. She had the ideal protien.com website and some info about the diet. I go back tomorrow to talk to the consultant for the diet. I need to lose 50 pounds so I can enjoy my grand kids and my retirement.
Congrats on investing in yourself. Fantastic choice
Old 11-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #469  

S/C/G: 214/205/190

Height: 5'10

I would like to introduce myself, I’m a 26 years old male from Canada. I’m 5’10 and 214lbs. I love food but realized I needed to take control of my weight before it was too late. I started this diet on Nov 10, 2011 and I’m on day 6. I got to admit, I was anxious about this diet but it’s walk in the park after day 2, I’m a bachelor and I hate to organize my meals (not really only limited to meals but you get the idea lol) for the week, Given that it’s all prepared for me, it eliminates any excuses not to do it. Weight in is thursday and I’m looking forward to it. I feel less bloated and I see some slight differences since I stopped eating bread and potatoes but I hope I reach my goal of 190lbs by this New Years.

Tips for those of you tired of eating the same foods. If you think more about your dinner, and the awesome meal you’ll have at the end of the day, it will make it easier to swallow those Pink and Beige soups at lunch.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #470  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmission2perfection View Post
I would like to introduce myself, I’m a 26 years old male from Canada. I’m 5’10 and 214lbs. I love food but realized I needed to take control of my weight before it was too late. I started this diet on Nov 10, 2011 and I’m on day 6. I got to admit, I was anxious about this diet but it’s walk in the park after day 2, I’m a bachelor and I hate to organize my meals (not really only limited to meals but you get the idea lol) for the week, Given that it’s all prepared for me, it eliminates any excuses not to do it. Weight in is thursday and I’m looking forward to it. I feel less bloated and I see some slight differences since I stopped eating bread and potatoes but I hope I reach my goal of 190lbs by this New Years.

Tips for those of you tired of eating the same foods. If you think more about your dinner, and the awesome meal you’ll have at the end of the day, it will make it easier to swallow those Pink and Beige soups at lunch.
This is a great forum for support and learning helpful hints and tricks to getting through the diet and on to the new you! Good luck!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #471  
ON IP Since November 1

S/C/G: 191/175.6/125

Quote:

WELCOME, I too am Canadian and 26, I started this diet November 1 and I have my 2nd WI tomorrow, so far I have had pretty good results and I feel fantastic.

I am sure you will do great, this is a awesome diet and this is a great forum to keep you informed on new products and recipes to enjoy old products.

I try to stay away from the soups, the texture really puts me off, but the chocolate drink is the best by far and I drink that 2 times a day most days.

Anyways hoping everyone has a fantastic OP day today.

I wish you
Old 11-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #472  

S/C/G: 214/205/190

Height: 5'10

AshGFonIP and MustangMolly, thank you for your support! I love this forum, Ive been reading the success of people and it makes me want to stick to this diet.

At first I was going to give a 2 week trial period and with no results, I would have switched to my old weight loss routine of 4 hours of gym/week and lots of porridge, which worked for me a year ago (-7lbs) but I think, Ill give it till week 7, gain or loss, Im going to stick to it.

BTW Ash? What's an OP day? Or did you mean IP as in Ideal protein?
Old 11-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #473  
ON IP Since November 1

S/C/G: 191/175.6/125

Quote:
AshGFonIP and MustangMolly, thank you for your support! I love this forum, Ive been reading the success of people and it makes me want to stick to this diet.

At first I was going to give a 2 week trial period and with no results, I would have switched to my old weight loss routine of 4 hours of gym/week and lots of porridge, which worked for me a year ago (-7lbs) but I think, Ill give it till week 7, gain or loss, Im going to stick to it.

Good you should definately give it a good shot, I lost 7.2 lbs at my first WI and I know this week wont be as much but I am feeling good about it.

OP day is (On Plan Day). Keep us posted on your success
Old 11-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #474  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:

Welcome to the forums, OP means On Program.
As in no cheats, no wavering etc.
If you do the program I see no reason you couldn't be at 190 by New Years.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #475  
Started IP July 8th

Ash congrats on your loss, the second week is generally a little slower, but you tend to bounce back on your third a little.

Just wanted to welcome everyone else to this thread as well, I haven't posted on it much lately, and I should contribute more.
But Mom does a pretty good job keeping the new group of newbies motivated

As long as you come here with questions and stay on play, honestly everyone should be successful with this diet.
Obviously there are some whose bodies just don't agree with this diet, but the rest should do great.
It's all about how dedicated you are to it.
Good luck everyone and have a great day.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #476  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi,
My name is Marissa, I am 44, and after reading all the posts from everyone, I made the decision yesterday that I am going to lose weight and I am going to do it with this plan, but alternative. I started it today. I saw that some people have bad headaches the first few days and I am concerned about that because I get bad migranes and I have seemed to finally get those under control (with the help of a chiropractor) and I really don't want to get one. I hope I can do this, especially since my B-day is thursday and there will be sweets here at work and then Thanksgiving next week and all my favorite foods will be prepared.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #477  
Started IP July 8th

Welcome Marissa, my wife too suffers from bad migraines, she went through years of trying to find a medication that would help and my friend who is our chiropractor was finally able to help.
She was worried about that too when she started, and I don't think she has really had "more" headaches as a result at least not migraines.
I think she has head maybe 2 or 3 in the past 4 months so nothing extreme.

Plus it's mainly only during the first week that a lot of people get headaches, just push through, it's worth it in the end.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #478  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Welcome Marissa, my wife too suffers from bad migraines, she went through years of trying to find a medication that would help and my friend who is our chiropractor was finally able to help.
She was worried about that too when she started, and I don't think she has really had "more" headaches as a result at least not migraines.
I think she has head maybe 2 or 3 in the past 4 months so nothing extreme.

Plus it's mainly only during the first week that a lot of people get headaches, just push through, it's worth it in the end.
Thank you, I am going to try. At lease it's comforting to know that if I do get one that I can go straight into the chiropractors and he will take care of it, usally will be gone w/in 15 minutes.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #479  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:

Welcome, You are a GUY you are going to have your losses in less than 7 weeks. Guys cheat...hahah...they always lose quick!!...Welcome, I am glad you posted, we have a few guys on the boards so don't be afraid to post!!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #480  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

welcome to all the newbies and congrats on deciding to make a life change!

this forum is a wonderful place to be full of advice and encouragement... you have come to the right place!

Closed Thread