Old 02-26-2009, 10:21 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 244/200/150

Height: 5'3''

Hello friends,

DMC, great to hear you talking so strong...you definately are back on track! Lots of great ACTION in your words. It was just what I needed tonight because I did not exercise yesterday or tonight yet. I was going to skip tonight too but now I think I'll do Tai Bo and save the C25K run for tomorrow night.

OMW, for sure we have to keep this going...I feel like it is a great part of my being able to stay on plan. I don't yet know how to set up a new thread. Have you done it before? I will look for BFF in the title under the 40 section if this ends. Also, we eat your recipe as a salad with a lime/olive oil dressing and love it. Eating it with blue tortilla chips would be a great variety. Thanks for the wonderful tip! The ice cream is Great Value brand - fat free, no sugar added - Strawberry - Walmart - 70 calories/1/2 cup - cheap. It is nice when you really want a sweet treat and can spare a few more calories.

Stacy - You and John are off to a super start...hang in there with us and share what is working for you. Gotta agree with you on the normal size clothes thing...I try to think of that each time I feel the need to eat.

Off to do the video that I almost was going to skip....good night all.
Ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:03 PM   #497  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

DMC, I agree with Pony. Your post sounds like you are back in business. m so proud of you for sticking to it. You are an important part of our group, I'm cheering for you!

I'll be sure to start a new BFF thread if this one closes. This is a big part of why I have done so well. You guys are the best!

As always I am looking forward to the weekend. we are supposed to have snow. Go figure, 70 degrees yesterday, snow Saturday! UGH!

Did Week 1, Day 2 of C25K. This is going to be hard!!!

Until tomorrow...
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #498  

Good evening,

The weekend has arrived chicks...good luck on the SAT weighin. I'll be cheering for you.

I was busy at my job today and logged over 10,000 steps. I ate correctly and felt pretty good about my food choices. Now I just need to get that 3rd C25K session in this week before Sunday.

It was bone chilling cold today...I hope I shivered off 1 pound for not dressing correctly. Later friends....good luck on the scales!! :
Old 02-27-2009, 10:59 PM   #499  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

my weigh in day is monday, but good luck to all who weigh in 2moro!!! im rooting for ya!! and yes, please start another bff thread if this one closes! i dont get a chance to come in alot but i'd really miss ya'll. you give me hope. stacy xxx
dreaminstacy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #500  
Ready to hit the beach!

Stay the same Saturday for me! I kind of expected it and I think I deserved it too. Had a couple weak moments this week but I am back on track. Off to do my C25K this AM. I'm rooting for you Dmc. Hope you see some progress!
Stacy, check in when you can. I'm not going anywhere! I think these next 2o will be hard for me so I know I will need the support! I know what you mean about shivering Pony. I googled it once and you do burn calories when you shiver!!!LOL
Have a great weekend!
Old 02-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #501  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Saturday mornings... ick!

LOL... well, I gained one pound. Heavy sigh!
Is it because I am firming up - Really??? Or most of it anyway?

Okay, this week I have been much better besides the BBQ they had at work, that did not help.

But I have been writing it all down and trying to make better choices. I hate to say this, but there is this lady at the gym that I can't even bare to look at. She drives me crazy in more ways than one. She is always negative and since I have been going, she hasn't dropped one pound. She doesn't seem to try. She doesn't do all the work and she uses really low weights. Anyway...when I think about eating I think of her. Of course, there is the other older lady that is working hard and always smiling.. I think of her too!

Weight loss is hard. I just know you guys are right when you say I will find my stride, but its just now easy. It used to be I could not eat for a couple of days and lose 5 pounds. Not these days. Age is not fair, gravity sucks.

Okay, having my coffee and egg whites and then off to the gym for my body blast. Its going to be a beautiful day, so I might wash the car and sweep the patio too. Trying to keep it moving!

Next week we will see a drop for sure, maybe, I think, I hope... heavy sigh!!
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #502  

Rally time chicks,

So we did not have the greatest weighin today - did anybody give up? - nope! Are we determined to do better next week? - yep! Are we willing to step it up a notch? - yep! We are all practicing good things...let's keep our motivation where it needs to be. You all know the answers...lets put them into a higher bracket of practice!

Lets think of two new small goals to accomplish this week....I am going to 1. try a new healthy recipe and 2. attempt a new 3rd week session of C25K workouts and if I can't maintain the big step-up then I will repeat the 2nd week again and not be too upset with myself.

OMW this is the #501 post...will the thread notify us that it's the end?

Stay determined everyone....Spring is coming Spring is coming Spring is coming
Old 02-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #503  

hey gals.... i'll let ya know monday how i did for my week lol... kinda crazy weekend around here. see ya in the next thread. surely it will start soon... stay strong, keep moving, and keep your chins up... it hides the doubles lol

stacy xox
Old 02-28-2009, 09:37 PM   #504  
Ready to hit the beach!

I can't remeber where I saw that 500 ended a thread. Maybe I am wrong, but I will start a new one if this one closes. You guys can't get rid of me that easily!

Pony, Thanks for the pep talk! Here's my 2 things for this week, 1. week 2 of C25K 2. Journal everything that goes in my mouth! I think I was a little sloppy this week. A little bite of this, a taste of that, it adds up. I have come too far to screw up now!

Did a little shopping today. Found some pants for work. Also tried on a bathing suit! OMG do I need some serious toning! I may need to add some sit ups to my routine. I'm thinking I will always look alot better with clothes on!!! LOL!

DMC, I agree! Age is not nice. I know I've said it before, but how can I gain 5 pounds in a week and take a month to lose 5! Keep at it, you CAN do it and you ARE worth it!

Stacy, hope you have a loss this week! Loved the remark about the chin! LOL

Later BFF's!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:40 PM   #505  

Hello BFFs,

Cold day in the Midwest today....I was on call and the wind was blowing hard.

Breakfast: vanilla yogurt, mini choc. chips 1tsp, strawberries, almonds, raw oatmeal, all mixed together
Lunch: baked porkchop with maple syrup, worchestershire, onion, vinegar, water glaze, with salad
Snack: 1/2 cup lowfat, no added sugar cherry vanilla icecream
Supper: salad with spinach, smoked turkey, romaine lettuce, tomatoe, parmesan, peppers, handful of pita crackers

Good news: I went into our garage today and found the old box with one size smaller jeans; They fit! I packed up the old ones...should I donate them to good will?

My left hip aches today...I hate to take ibuprofen but I think I'll take one tonight. When my body parts ache I try to tell myself...I am so lucky that I am able to exercise....life is good girlfriends!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:07 AM   #506  
Ready to hit the beach!

Congrats on the smaller pants, Pony. I would donate the others. I packed up a bunch of bigger clothes and donated them. I wanted them out of my house and my life forever! I am not planning on being plus size ever again! You said you were "on call". What type of work do you do?

DD home sick from school today so I had to call in as well. Happy that we have made it this far into winter without a sick day!

Later this week we are supposed to have temps in the 50's and 60's. Looks like I might be able to get outside for a walk or 2. I'm so done with winter!

Have a great day on plan friends!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #507  

hey gals... well here's my weekly weigh in... down to 215.6 ... thats a 3 lb loss for me!!

talk to you all later, hope you all had a great weekend!!

stacy xxx
Old 03-02-2009, 10:05 AM   #508  
Ready to hit the beach!

Way to go Stacy!!! That's terrific. Keep doing what you are doing, it's working!
Old 03-02-2009, 11:16 PM   #509  

Good job Stacy! Keep on keepin on...

OMW - veterinarian (horses). I do need to say goodbye to that box of jeans....forever.

I ended up just walking on the treadmill today (hip)....I think in a few more days I can try the C25K again. Will check in again tomorrow friends!
Old 03-03-2009, 11:04 PM   #510  

hey gals... i missed posting for a bit there lol sorry... did really good the last few days... treated myself to a coffee tonight... been stressful last couple of days, i needed it lol... talk to ya later, have a great night...

stacy xxx
p.s. i cnat wait till i can get rid of my "fat clothes" and into my alan jackson ripped up jeans again lolololo